Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Bustin' Out World, Sim Valley (Jan 2024 Update)

TombRaider_TombRaider_ Posts: 24 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
UPDATE (15th Jan, 2024): I have been working on this world on and off since 2020. I have made a lot of changes and would like to share some updates.

This world will transform Sim Valley, the sims console neighborhood, into a full sims 3 world. The world will be set up how the Bustin' Out map is, as shown below.

The time period takes place after the first console game, with Mom divorcing Malcom Landgraab. All sims from Bustin' Out will be available to play, as well as characters from other sims game to further flesh out the world.

As shown, each Bustin' Out lot and their surrounding lots are finished.

I am hoping to spend much more time on this project for I am no longer in university. I also hope to share more updates as I work on this. Please let me know what you'd like to see or any suggestions.

This project is intended to be as 1:1 as The Sims 3 will allow me. So, I am aiming for an early 2000s console game aesthetics rather than realism. This is also intended to be done without relying too much on CC (my own will be included and the only other CC is the bridge used for Pixel Acres) and minimal store content. The store content used will be minimal and not required. Off the top of my head, the only store content I have used are the outdoor showers pictured on Pixel Acres, Basketball courts, the climbing wall, and the cow plant.

Currently in progress:
  • Terraform detailing
  • Terrain Painting
  • Placing trees, rocks, etc.

Map Overviews:
cttedZX.png
0qp42D5.png
eVVaJGO.jpg
CeskYYE.png

In Game Overview
sbw5rkA.jpg

In Game Screenshots
Asg15wb.jpg
0ppU7pi.jpg
D1oJZg3.jpg
kKa8VAc.jpg

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I loved Bustin' Out. I played it several times but not in ages. It'll be fun to see you build it up. Good luck!
  • Options
    ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    Hello, I love worlds that have Sims lore inside, I would love to play your world. Looking forward to seeing more of it as you progress. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    (Outdated pictures) See original post.
    Post edited by TombRaider_ on
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    (Outdated pictures) See original post.
    Post edited by TombRaider_ on
  • Options
    ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    Here are some updates of how the world is going. The past couple weeks, I have been focusing on custom content. I just made custom roads today and tested them. It should be noted that Sims will walk on their right side when they are walking. So, they will walk on the sidewalk when the road is on their left side, but when the road is on their right side, they will walk in the grass. Not sure how much custom content I will create, but the next couple weeks, I will focus on building the world more. It's still very early on, but I figured I'd add some bird's eye view of the world, just so everyone can get an idea of my vision. I'm trying to map it out how the little map is in Bustin' Out when traveling.
    ru8nizd.jpg
    gZSwsf6.jpg
    jqCJ9sE.jpg
    MC92eqc.jpg
    AuRcygP.jpg

Hey @TombRaider_ I can't view these images. Idk if it's just my browser or my country's internet policies but wanted to let you know in case others have the same problem.

• Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Got the same problem @Zei.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    ML2003ML2003 Posts: 21 Member
    Great project ! Did you made some updates since your last posts ?
  • Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    @TombRaider_ Hello, any news about the state of this wonderful project? Bustin' Out is my childhood and I can't wait to play in this town! 🙂
  • Options
    Hello everyone,

I wanted to finally give some updates on this project. I have worked on this here and there since I started and have been working on it more often these past few months. I would like to finally share some more updates after so long.

Here is a sneak peek at some of the sims and inside Club Rubb. Check the original post for more details.
    2gVwcp4.jpg
  • Options
    AilinAilin Posts: 2 New Member
    This project looks awesome! I love bustin' out, played it for years alongside with urbz before having my pc.
    You're still working on it? I assume it's a lot of work if you're doing it all on your own, you're AWESOME, your work is AWESOME, the map looks great, the recreation of the lots and characters too, omg it hypes me so much!
  • Options
    Michael_PattrickMichael_Pattrick Posts: 31 Member
    Oh my, this is taking me back!! I immediately recognized Dudley's trailer!

It's so nice to see Mimi and Dudley in Club Rubb! I don't remember the name of that third Sim dancing as well, but feel like I can remember her artwork from the game case. :D For some reason, I have a very specific memory of playing in Club Rubb and a song from The Sims Superstar playing in the club LOL

Love this project! Hope it is going well.
  • Options
    First, thank you everyone for the support and feedback. I think I have learned a lot about CAW over the years for this project. Sorry for not updating this in a while, I am still working on this and I plan to be working on and updating more often now that I am no longer in university.

The main reason I wanted to create this world is because ever with each generation of sims games, I always end up recreating lots from Bustin' Out. So, one day I just thought, why not make the world? I cannot wait to finally finish and play in this world and I am excited that others are interested in this as well.

Here is a screenshot of Pixel Acres, more are updated in my main post. I hope to share more updates soon! Let me know what you would like to see and any suggestions!
    0ppU7pi.jpg
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Very cool! I don't play Sims 3 anymore, but if I did it would be a great world to have. I loved Bustin' Out.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Very nice recreation of the sims bustin' out world, I liked playing that game on the xbox
  • Options
    ML2003ML2003 Posts: 21 Member
    First, thank you everyone for the support and feedback. I think I have learned a lot about CAW over the years for this project. Sorry for not updating this in a while, I am still working on this and I plan to be working on and updating more often now that I am no longer in university.

The main reason I wanted to create this world is because ever with each generation of sims games, I always end up recreating lots from Bustin' Out. So, one day I just thought, why not make the world? I cannot wait to finally finish and play in this world and I am excited that others are interested in this as well.

Here is a screenshot of Pixel Acres, more are updated in my main post. I hope to share more updates soon! Let me know what you would like to see and any suggestions!
    0ppU7pi.jpg

So glad your are still working on it, the pictures look very promising, can't wait to play it someday! And congratulations for graduating ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top