Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pack sale, what to buy?

So I spotted a sale on and I've only a few stuff packs left I haven't bought,
Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Perfect Patio and Luxury Party.

Are any of them worth it?
I'm trying a legacy family, who I plan to actually stick too (super excited for Growing Together) and wondering whilst these pack are on sale if anyone recommends them.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    I would say all of them are skippable but I personally like movie hangout which is somewhere near middle of the stuff packs while the others are nearer the bottom.

I use the MHS furniture a lot and I have my sims watch the movies on their basic TV and sometimes use popcorn. You should look at a build buy/CAS catalog and review, it might not be for you but I do like it.

Spooky stuff is good for Halloween but if you have seasons you don’t really need it. It’s mostly fancy dress costumes, a social event and some halloween items and a pumpkin carver. Some of the items are recolours of seasons items.

Luxury party does not have much stuff and you will have better stuff, it’s possibly the weakest pack in the game. The kits are better than LPS.

Perfect Patios main selling point was a hot tub and we have a base game one now, also if you got the desert luxe kit when it was free, it’s a better patio.

MHS > SS >> PPS >>>> LPS.
    Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    edited March 2023
    Agree with other poster. They’re all completely skippable.

I used to be a luxury stuff pack apologist. But they’ve now included the Buffet tables in the high school pack and the wedding pack. Plus both of those packs include nice fancy hairstyles, and evening dresses. So to me it’s a completely useless pack.

Perfect patio has a few ok CAS pieces and BB but nothing groundbreaking. Hot tub was included in a Update. So unless you want a more aesthetically pleasing hot tub another skippable pack.

Movie hang out is a solid pretty stuff pack. I like the popcorn machine, though I don’t use it often. But my Sims watch movies at home all the. Also nice for a at home date. I don’t use CAS or BB that much but it is good. It’s a BoHo theme.

Spooky stuff gets a bad rap but I actually love it. It includes a new event, three recipes, pumpkin carving, candy bowl and new costumes. If you are never going to have a Halloween holiday or throw the event, I would skip this one. The only downside is that the costumes in this pack we’re not added to the choices for costumes if you have seasons. So it won’t mark as tradition complete. It’s a pretty big downside for me.
  • SweetBexiSweetBexi Posts: 147 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    I would say all of them are skippable but I personally like movie hangout which is somewhere near middle of the stuff packs while the others are nearer the bottom.

I use the MHS furniture a lot and I have my sims watch the movies on their basic TV and sometimes use popcorn. You should look at a build buy/CAS catalog and review, it might not be for you but I do like it.

Spooky stuff is good for Halloween but if you have seasons you don’t really need it. It’s mostly fancy dress costumes, a social event and some halloween items and a pumpkin carver. Some of the items are recolours of seasons items.

Luxury party does not have much stuff and you will have better stuff, it’s possibly the weakest pack in the game. The kits are better than LPS.

Perfect Patios main selling point was a hot tub and we have a base game one now, also if you got the desert luxe kit when it was free, it’s a better patio.

Thank you!!

I think that's why I've never bothered with any of them before. Movie stuff was the one I thought I would most likely go for if they were on sale. Thanks again
    Agree with other poster. They’re all completely skippable.

I used to be a luxury stuff pack apologist. But they’ve now included the Buffet tables in the high school pack and the wedding pack. Plus both of those packs include nice fancy hairstyles, and evening dresses. So to me it’s a completely useless pack.

Perfect patio has a few ok CAS pieces and BB but nothing groundbreaking. Hot tub was included in a Update. So unless you want a more aesthetically pleasing hot tub another skippable pack.

Movie hang out is a solid pretty stuff pack. I like the popcorn machine, though I don’t use it often. But my Sims watch movies at home all the. Also nice for a at home date. I don’t use CAS or BB that much but it is good. It’s a BoHo theme.

Spooky stuff gets a bad rap but I actually love it. It includes a new event, three recipes, pumpkin carving, candy bowl and new costumes. If you are never going to have a Halloween holiday or throw the event, I would skip this one. The only downside is that the costumes in this pack we’re not added to the choices for costumes if you have seasons. So it won’t mark as tradition complete. It’s a pretty big downside for me.

Thank you!!

I'll definitely look at Spooky Stuff then. I like the thought of pumpkin carving! Will definitely give this one a better look too.
    Thanks again
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited March 2023
    I don't have any of these

but Spooky Stuff and Movie Hangout are on my wishlist

Spooky For I love Halloween and also some of the cas might be fun for my occults

like spellcasters would love having at least some type of witch hat dang it

and movie hangout since i have this "cinema" i built and it would be neat to actually watch movies there +popcorn although i am little sad about the visuals of that machine being so boring looking and not vibing at all

Luxury Party and Perfect Patio seem rather meh to me just like in general

For Patio its really just paying to have roofless hot tub since we have hot tub in base game now and i don't really see anything else that appeals in that pack

Luxury Party might potentially have couple cas items but the bb content kinda repeats in MWS so if you have mws anyway idk if i would really buy it just for the cas items

for family needs i think spooky would be most fun since you could have halloween with the kiddos
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited March 2023
    I agree that Luxury Party is forgettable, but I'm going to be the wild card here and say that I love the others. Granted, I did buy most of them on sale.

I use the Movie Hangout decor and CAS all the time. It has some of my favorite pieces that I use over and over for different households. I would note that there are some more neutral swatches than you can see on the website for most of the items, which for me, makes them more versatile than you might think at first. Also, what can I say, most of my sims like to make popcorn and watch a movie. Edited to add: I don't know why it doesn't show up in the CAS listing on the website, but there are a few accessories that I could swear are from Movie Hangout, including a very classy, sort of vintage looking watch that I probably use for about half of my female sims.

Spooky stuff seems essential to me if you have Seasons, particularly if you like to throw parties. Even if it's just for the pumpkin carving station and the candy bowl, it's well worth it on sale. The costumes are cute, too; the only downside is that you can't select them to "change into costume" for Seasons holiday purposes. I keep hoping that someday they will add the cross pack integration for that.

Perfect Patio... actually, that's pretty meh for me, too. I always get it confused with Backyard Stuff, but BL is actually the one that has the drink tray, bird feeder, wind chimes, and slip & slides. But, Perfect Patio does have two of my favorite swimsuits that I use all the time, so it was still sort of worth it to me.

But everyone's taste is very different, so ultimately, you should look at the B/B and CAS pictures for yourself and decide whether you think you would actually use them enough to be worth it. For me, if it's on sale, it's usually worth it if there are at least 3-4 items that I really like.
    edited March 2023
    SweetBexi wrote: »
    JustinB113 wrote: »

Thank you!!

I think that's why I've never bothered with any of them before. Movie stuff was the one I thought I would most likely go for if they were on sale. Thanks again

No problem! I do recommend movie stuff if you like the stuff it comes with - you will use it in a legacy family because they can watch movies anytime and talk about them and things.

I’m also in agreement to check out spooky stuff on sale, you can have fun with it for sure. I don’t use it much but I have from time to time. It’s niche but the pumpkins you carve are nice and the costumes are unique.

The other two really are if you want to complete your collection at this point in my opinion. I’d recommend all bar a couple of the kits over either and don’t use either of them.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited March 2023
    I have all stuff packs, so here's my opinion on these four currently:

I would get Movie Hangout, it's one of my favourite stuff packs. Love the movies that come with it! The big screens are also nice. Popcorn machine I tend to forget about though.

Spooky Stuff is kind of decent. I use the party that comes with it and sometimes the pumpkin carving. It's actually quite nice since you can make different kind of pumpkins. They expire though. Candy bowl is ok.

From Luxury Party I adore the dresses, but it's hard to recommed that pack especially after they put the buffet table in MWS. That was the selling point imo.

Perfect Patio gives you another style of hot tub. Very hard to recommend after they gave one for free. There's not much in the pack although the patio style is nice.
    musteni wrote: »
    It's actually quite nice since you can make different kind of pumpkins. They expire though.

You can preserve them with handiness skill. I had on display for sim years 🙂.

Thanks everyone. So glad I asked cause I'm definitely more interested in Spooky stuff now. Sounds like it'll add to my gameplay style.

Thanks everyone ☺️ Have an amazing weekend
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    If you have playable ghosts and Spooky Stuff they can wear jack-o-lanterns made on the carving table on their heads.
    I enjoy Movie Hangout stuff a lot. The expressions my sims make while watching movies are fun. I also like the colorful BB items. The popcorn maker is like the ice cream maker, coffee pot and tea machine - if you put it in your house your sims will constantly autonomously make some and leave it to go bad. But everything else about the pack I like.
    Perfect patio may be worth it on a 50% sale if you build and want more hot tub options than the one they added to base game. I have honestly never used the other gameplay items in that pack.
    Luxury Party was a must for me before MWS, for the buffet table and fountain. If you don't have MWS, they're good for weddings and parties. If you do have that pack, don't get it unless you really like the CAS items.
  • lucombrelucombre Posts: 45 Member
    I really like Movie Hangout for the boho decor and cas (good for teens/young adults) and the movies are fun. You can make a cinema with the huge TV set! I don’t have the others and they don’t interest me at all (maybe PP at 50% off only for the hot tub).
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Hope you got what stuff pack you wanted~

Spooky Stuff and Movie Hangout are favorites of mine. The other two definitely not needed. Considering there's a free hot tub for base game anhyway less you looking at decor, which is just okay. Luxury has nice build buy I use and nice party clothing in CAS, especially since I use the heels from them often.

Spooky stuff pairs so nicely with Seasons in having more decor for the holiday and costumes.

Movie Hangout is nice since sims can have favorite movie genres and act accordingly due to traits. Sims are pretty addicted to the popcorn machine though.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I like them all.

Luxury party stuff has buffet tables I like ( I like them better than the ones that come with the wedding game pack ). and I believe a matching bar if I remember correctly, and I think it comes with part tables and chairs. Each stuff pack comes with new hairstyles and clothing too. There are a lot of dresses and suits in this pack.

Movie stuff has some cute boho colorful furniture. I think it also comes with a popcorn popper, and movies you can watch on tv. Of course new hairstyles and clothing.

Spooky stuff has Halloween outfits, candy bowl, and pumpkin carving. I believe it also has the spooky party, and some holiday tables, rugs and and other decorations. You get a couple big spider webs in different colors with some different colored spiders. Children actually come to your door for Halloween,

Patio stuff has a hot tub, patio furniture, and clutter. And of course new hair styles and clothing.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Firstly, Spooky goes so perfect with Realm of Magic/Vampires/Werewolves. <3
    Secondly, Perfect Patio goes so perfect with Island Living/Outdoor Retreat/Seasons. B)
    Thanks everyone!

I've gone with Movie Hangout and Spooky stuff 😁 I really want the Halloween theme which I didn't really know I wanted till now.

I've looked over the other two and Luxury has some lovely stuff and PP a few things but for the time being I'll leave them.

Thank you ❤️