Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infants Official Countdown Thread (Out Now!!!)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    6 Days and Counting!!!!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    This is gonna be a long six days.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Th3_H0wling_Ch1ldTh3_H0wling_Ch1ld Posts: 144 Member
    The Infants Update is basically a birthday gift to me...yes my birthday is March 14th

Honestly i was hoping they were going to change the babies in Sims 4 to make them like in Sims 3 and when i first saw that they were adding INFANTS i basically squealed but had to stop myself since it was 3AM at the time XD
    My Legacy Family & Story Family are in one Save. Much easier...
    The Infants Update is basically a birthday gift to me...yes my birthday is March 14th

Honestly i was hoping they were going to change the babies in Sims 4 to make them like in Sims 3 and when i first saw that they were adding INFANTS i basically squealed but had to stop myself since it was 3AM at the time XD

Well happy upcoming birthday :)@Th3_H0wling_Ch1ld
  • Th3_H0wling_Ch1ldTh3_H0wling_Ch1ld Posts: 144 Member
    > @comicsforlife said:
    > Well happy upcoming birthday :) @Th3_H0wling_Ch1ld

Thank you! :}
    My Legacy Family & Story Family are in one Save. Much easier...
  • Princess of Da'varhPrincess of Da'varh Posts: 344 Member

Happy birthday for the 14th πŸ˜€
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    edited March 2023
    Somehow I have now found myself building in Strange(town)rville while waiting for this

Yes, Mother requires new habitats for the infants... infants will love it here... 🌺🌡😎
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    So not ready for this...babies, ugh, I am not good with SimSpawn. :# Keep the birthday cakes on standby!

I'm gonna start a new save, for 2 reasons: 1) I fear bugs either from the free download or from the new pack, which I will get sooner or later. 2) These two additions seem pretty huge, and I don't want to mess up my current save.
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    Somehow I have now found myself building in Strange(town)rville while waiting for this

Yes, Mother requires new habitats for the infants... infants will love it here... 🌺🌡😎

I have started a new save in Strangerville ready for the infant update and a startover of the Aspiration Challenge. I have been playing with the Roswells. Their child is going to be my Aspiration sim. It is the first time I have played with them and I am loving them. Ted has already completed the story mode. I hate their house though. I am NOT a builder as I have absolutely no creativity or an eye for style and colour so I am just putting up with it until they become rich and can afford an already renovated lot from the gallery!
    5 Days!!!!
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    just have to get through the weekend and the time change and Monday then we can play with infants till those of us with mods wait for the updates for played saves.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Finally, I have work to distract me till then though will probably restart when the pack comes not sure.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Not long now! Can't wait to play once all my little guinea pigs out there have tested the waters for me bug wise. Mwahahaha!!! >:):D
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    edited March 2023

I have started a new save in Strangerville ready for the infant update and a startover of the Aspiration Challenge. I have been playing with the Roswells. Their child is going to be my Aspiration sim. It is the first time I have played with them and I am loving them. Ted has already completed the story mode. I hate their house though. I am NOT a builder as I have absolutely no creativity or an eye for style and colour so I am just putting up with it until they become rich and can afford an already renovated lot from the gallery!

Oh yeah Strangerville mansions are bit... strangely sized :sweat_smile:

I decided to move Roswells out of Overlook because I wanted to move my Beakers there instead
    so I am now building Roswells smaller house which may or may not have better results :lol:

well even after moving in Beakers I did shrink Overlook quite a bit and I'm kind of waiting for new pack to complete my building there since I saw there might be retro futuristic items that Beakers just might enjoy :blush:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Princess of Da'varhPrincess of Da'varh Posts: 344 Member
    Only a few more days.... πŸ™ƒ
    I'm like a kid at Christmas, I can't sleep because I'm too excited! Actually being serious about that πŸ˜›
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    5 days until modpocalypse....

I can't wait! :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
    In the meantime, while we wait:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz9y4x1NhJo

:)<3

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    edited March 2023
    Only a few minutes into the livestream and just when I thought I couldn't get more excited for the infants I am now absolutely bursting with excitement!!! This next 11 days is going to be the longest wait ever!!!

I lost today. I watched the Livestream which was interesting enough, but it didn't start in my time zone until NOON and it was two and a half hours long! I'm pretty well beat at the moment. My Sims have three days left of their first Term in uni. Likely, I'll lose Sunday, too. Starting to panic now. I could pick up my pace, but still. They will drop and I'll be like where did all that time go, I thought I had? :open_mouth: And, yeah, it looks amazing. I'm uncertain if the question I asked was fully answered. I wanted to know if our existing Sims could be set for their family dynamics. I think so? We can take them into cas.fulleditmode, I know, so I'm hoping we can set things then. Or, it sounds as if they'll develop through game play, did I get that right?

It looks like they can be set but also develop through play although the player will have options over how much the dynamics can change. That's how I understood it anyway. The livestream started at 7pm my time so it was a pretty could time for me and I was still able to play as I watched.

I hope you continue to make good progress getting your Sims through uni. I have every faith they will all be in the right place by the time the patch drops.

An update on my progress. Being conscious of the time we have until the patch drops, I decided to speed up my gameplay, a little. Today, my Sims graduated from Uni. They moved out to H0B, into Erik's newly-built (for story sake) 'cottage', which is a two-story mini-mansion. I discovered something disconcerting when they got into the house, though. There was a plate of ambrosia on the diningroom table. :open_mouth: This is crazy story-fodder. I'm sharing my Sims' antics on the What Happened In Your Game Today? thread. So, all I need do from here is to plan the wedding. While the kids were in college, Kayleigh's baby sister aged up to Child. This is problematic. She has four sisters and was going to ask the middle sister, Mercedes to be the Flower Girl (Pal). I was planning on her asking her sister-in-law to be her Honor Sim, since choosing which of her triplet sisters to do the job is an impossible choice to make. Kayleigh is part three of the triplets. Now, her little sisters have grown too much. :open_mouth: I shall have to sort that one out and pray this doesn't hurt any relationships in the long run. LOL But these kinds of problems I can handle. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    4 Days!!!!
    almost there guys
  • pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 78 Member
    I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm worried about what the patch will do to my saves. I'm finding it very had to play any of my saves at the moment
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    I’m curious about the patch babies.

The sim guru said that growing together infants start off helpless and gradually get milestones to be able to crawl and sit up and things but base game infants can do all that stuff from the start to make them do things without the pack.

So what happens if I make a patch baby then install the expansion later? Does it become learner again? 😬
  • VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    This week has went strangely fast for me. I didn't even realize today was Friday. So I have this odd feeling that next week is going to be really slow. Lol. Especially Monday while we wait for Tuesday's Patch!
    Wow, only 4 more sleeps... Is it just me or has this time flown by crazy fast?

It feels like it was just yesterday when we were all grousing about how long of a wait we had ahead of us for the freed babies. And now it's only 4 more sleeps!
  • SweetBexiSweetBexi Posts: 147 Member
    I’m curious about the patch babies.

The sim guru said that growing together infants start off helpless and gradually get milestones to be able to crawl and sit up and things but base game infants can do all that stuff from the start to make them do things without the pack.

So what happens if I make a patch baby then install the expansion later? Does it become learner again? 😬

This is what worrying me, I think I'm just going to hold off on all things infants till the expansion which is gutting but it's only 2 extra days 😫