Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Sayuli_ wrote: »
    Just migrated to the EA app upon being forced to. The Sims 2 is entirely missing from the app. I had a copy of the Ultimate Collection and it is not there. It will not let me play from my desktop shortcut, either.

Doing a restart after the install might help. I just launched TS2 and it's working.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I was also forced to switch to the EA App this week after the live stream. It's a bit slower now, but not as bad as I had feared.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited March 2023
    @Monet11

I got the 'error' message, but it just wanted to me login again, and then everything worked. Did you get prompted to login?

I was a bit wary of having to move, but I had backed up my saves and mods in case anything bad happened, but everything was fine except it freaked out with the error message for a sec before I had logged in again.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

Aine wrote: »
    @Monet11

I got the 'error' message, but it just wanted to me login again, and then everything worked. Did you get prompted to login?

The error message did not prompt me to login. I haven't gotten any more error messages since that one, and I have signed in and out several times. My library is still showing Bowling stuff duplicated and no Nifty Knitting, or Moonlight Chic, or Kids Room. When I search for those things in the store, it shows I own them, but for whatever reason, they aren't showing in my library. Perhaps it will sort itself out.
  • Options
    sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    If there was a way to REALLY disable the cursed Bust the Dust kit, I would genuinely like the new app better. The game is running a lot faster and more smoothly. The downloads are faster. Once I cleaned up my computer (there were some old, conflicting programs), it did start working better. If you have BlueStacks3, get rid of it if you don't use it any more. It conflicts with the GUI.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • Options
    lousha_lovelousha_love Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2023
    Okay... I was officially forced from origin last night and today I can't even play my game...
    0xfbpdt7ez1i.png
    Now I wonder... how and why the EA app's problem has become my problem. Just for record, everything transferred over ok. I was even able to load up my game last night and play, but not at all today. This has been an issue all day. When I think about the money i've spent on this game, I feel it should be by no fault other than my own if and when I "can and cannot" play my game. This has truly killed my good vibe of Growing Together. I was creating a new play file for the release of the pack. Now when I think about the new expansion coming it just makes me angry, thinking that there is more years of the EA app to come in regards to the Sims 4. I don't even care about any future iterations of the Sims. I am pretty certain that I am done after the Sims 4. This situation resembles a dictatorship instead of an agreement where when I initially invested in the S4 base game, It was under the understanding that Origin is the only app i'll have to deal with. There was never any indication that the app would change. If there was any indication from EA, Maxis, or the Gurus before my initial purchase, I missed it. But I am confident, none of them said anything about this forced switch to come...
  • Options

Thank you very much for this response. I tried the clear cache process multiple times, but its not working for me.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I was forced to switch to EA App just yesterday. The transfer went smooth and I was able to load and play my game. All day today when trying to load my game I have been presented with "Things are taking a little longer than usual to load up. Hang tight while we try to resolve the problem". EA Help don't have any answers to fix this. the process they show is to clear cache. I did multiple times. My Feedback Is: If we are going to be forced from disc to origin to EA app, after all the money we pay on the games, we should not be forced to deal with problems that occur on EA's end... We should not be forced to figure out a problem EA's app is having... And with all the money we've invested in the Sims 4 alone, we should not be forced over to an app that does not work like facebook... What I mean by "work like facebook" is that us users should be able to access our costly games and play them at any time we want without interference from a faulty app/system that we are utilizing by no choice of our own. This is just a little feedback from me and my strong opinion.
    This was meant for the Feedback category. In hindsight I see that it did not go there. I don't know how to move it there either. Sorry
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • Options
    I was forced to switch to EA App just yesterday. The transfer went smooth and I was able to load and play my game. All day today when trying to load my game I have been presented with "Things are taking a little longer than usual to load up. Hang tight while we try to resolve the problem". EA Help don't have any answers to fix this. the process they show is to clear cache. I did multiple times. My Feedback Is: If we are going to be forced from disc to origin to EA app, after all the money we pay on the games, we should not be forced to deal with problems that occur on EA's end... We should not be forced to figure out a problem EA's app is having... And with all the money we've invested in the Sims 4 alone, we should not be forced over to an app that does not work like facebook... What I mean by "work like facebook" is that us users should be able to access our costly games and play them at any time we want without interference from a faulty app/system that we are utilizing by no choice of our own. This is just a little feedback from me and my strong opinion.
    This was meant for the Feedback category. In hindsight I see that it did not go there. I don't know how to move it there either. Sorry

Correction: I posted in feedback. Sorry. I'm still in the learning curve of starting post in the forum :#
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    It's working fine for me. The only thing is I need to get over the apprehension I feel every time I start the game. 😄

Fully with you on that! Never had the issue with Origin, but now...
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The death knell tolled for me last Wednesday, 2nd consecutive black notice so no choice. Game launched OK that day and Thursday, though the app seemed grumpy about being offline. Friday, still offline, the dreaded 'Seasons' pack reinstalled itself. (!?) How is that even possible when the PC isn't connected to anything? It was installed way back when it came out but was quickly deactivated via Origin as I soon discovered the disastrous effects on gardening, which is the livelihood of most of my sims. Well, the beast is back and so are the ruined livlihoods. Is there a way to deactivate the thing under the app?
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I may have had a unique experience. I took a break from playing and when I came back, origin was fully phased out and EA app was in place. I started the game and saw these popups about origin being discontinued. I have a new computer that never had The Sims installed so I ran a clean install and everything seemed to work fine. The only thing that is weird is the EA App (and origin too) don't take kindly to your computer in sleep mode; when I open my computer from sleep mode I get these popups referencing errors or being offline.

I have this as well. If I don't let my pc sleep all is good but as soon as it does I have to re login to app. However all my games etc transferred over perfectly splendid so thats a small annoyance for me. I did clear cache (app) once and it seemed to work but now its back to doing the log out thing.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    edited March 2023
    Not happy about being forced to switch my origin has been working fine I’m very anxious about it
    How long will it take to transfer all my game ? Will I loose the desert lux kit that I got for free ?
    I’m backing up just in case

Thanks and happy simming
    Post edited by EA_Solaire on
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    I think the community managers have now been merging any threads about the new EA app to this thread so that there isn't a whole lot of the same threads every where... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1005204/ea-app-required-now#latest
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I have been forced to switch today also. Lets see how this goes..
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    I was just forced to switch yesterday. Probably took awhile to get around to me as I don't really play anymore. I just update once a month so that I don't have to do a lot of updating all at once.

I was never all that thrilled with Origin, but I don't like being forced to use anything. The EA app was also wanting to charge a monthly/annual fee. Looks like I'm definitely done with EA.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited March 2023
    I was just forced to switch yesterday. Probably took awhile to get around to me as I don't really play anymore. I just update once a month so that I don't have to do a lot of updating all at once.

I was never all that thrilled with Origin, but I don't like being forced to use anything. The EA app was also wanting to charge a monthly/annual fee. Looks like I'm definitely done with EA.

I've been having the EA app since December and haven't been charged a fee to use it unless I ever decide to join EA Play/Pro which is the same thing that Origin had for players to pay into if they choose to do so.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,333 EA Community Manager

The EA app has no fee, were you maybe looking at the EA Play/Play Pro section?
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

The EA app has no fee, were you maybe looking at the EA Play/Play Pro section?

Guess I was mistaken. I tested both 3 and 4, and I was able to play them.

@EA_Cade Thanx for your quick response in clearing up my misunderstanding. B)
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    Despite switching to the EA app I still can’t connect to the gallery my internet connection is fine

Happy simming everyone
  • Options
    TSMsimsTSMsims Posts: 1 New Member
    I am on EA app and for the past 3 days it hasnt been loading my sims 4! it worked perfectly fine before then but now it wont allow it to open
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    I keep reading things about beta, I don't even understabd what all that means. So if anyone could enlighten me, that would be good.
    I did see in early EA App days talk about beta, changing to or from, but it meant nothing to me
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Something to reflect on upon changing from Origin to EA app, Origin kept remebering me that I have no friends, EA App tells me that I spent 2750 h and 35 minutes playing the Sims 4 and that I can import friends! I don't know what is worse?!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2023
    @Peral wrote: »
    Origin kept remebering me that I have no friends

EA (Extroverted Arts ???) trying to sell "friends" to Introvert players ...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top