Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Under The Tartosan Sun

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    I didn't hide my remarks under a spoiler, because I peek under those, too. LOL What is the point?

My 2 cents, I like spoilers in comments, if I have not read the chapter/episode yet , I don't see anything what is really a spoiler to me, by accident from other comment :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    edited March 2023
    @Ellupelluellu Thank you so much❤️
    I forgot how elaborate the sets from the movie were until I watched it again. It had been a couple of years since I watched it last. I knew right away there was no point in trying to get close. The items I would need just don't exist for the game. Poor Blake is already in trouble.

@luciusstorm
    I was thinking he could do most of the things Meghan and Jasmine offered but take a smaller percentage of her royalties.🤷‍♀️ Maybe it's time for him to announce that he's making a career change.🤣

@GalacticGal Thank you very much❤️ I use the tags for a couple of reasons. The main one, to do my best not to give anything away before people have a chance to read it. I use it too if I'm replying to a lot of people at once or if I'm making a really long winded post.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I didn't hide my remarks under a spoiler, because I peek under those, too. LOL What is the point?

My 2 cents, I like spoilers in comments, if I have not read the chapter/episode yet , I don't see anything what is really a spoiler to me, by accident from other comment :smiley:

To be honest, if I haven't read the chapter yet, I don't peek under the spoiler. I do that after I've read it for myself. :) To each their own.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member

To be honest, if I haven't read the chapter yet, I don't peek under the spoiler. I do that after I've read it for myself. :) To each their own.
    You got me a bit wrong there :)
    I did mean if comments are under spoiler I don't peak there either if I have not read the chapter, but if comments to story are without the spoiler, I may , by accident , read something I should not know yet. :)

@DaniRose2143 , apologising for derailing, I just wanted to tell what I meant :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Oh no. You're making us wait for the decision. :) I'm still team Jasmine.
    Oh no. You're making us wait for the decision. :) I'm still team Jasmine.

Patience, Padawan. ;) Artist at work.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    @Ellupelluellu You weren’t derailing anything. It’s all good.❤️

@simgirl1010 Don’t worry her decision is coming soon. In the next chapter…or maybe the one after that.😉

@GalacticGal Thank you so much.❤️ I’m truly flattered.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Another great chapter. :)
    I'm enjoying the discussion of the offers and the technical details of each offer more than I expected. It's fun to see how they're different. So far, I'm happy that Danielle has met two decent agents, and I'm curious to see what Blake will do. Being able to choose between good things is nice.

I agree that Londyn and Danielle's relationship is ideal. It's great to see how caring and loving they are. I like how you included an outing to the theatre. The theatre and all of the red were perfect for Moulin Rouge.

As a big city girl who lives in the sky, the conversation about heights amuses me. We're not really supposed to chill on our balconies (because it's super high up), but the view is amazing, and even fearful people are enticed enough to adventure out on the balcony for at least a moment to feel the air, etc. I'm unsure how far we can see, but it's more than 80 miles. Buildings that don't sway are dangerous...
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    I start to catch up on one story and fall behind on others. I look forward to reading the updates! I love the builds you’ve been sharing.

And with Schemes and Dreams, I must know what’s going on with the Flower Bunny. By the watcher, that was a funny and random screenshot!
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    Great chapter
    Danielle and Londyn look amazing for their night out. Aw that’s sweet, they got to experience the show together. That’s so awesome, the main star herself wanted to meet them! The view of San Myshuno is amazing🤩 Glad Meghan welcomed the fact that Danielle met with Jasmine. Oo she mentored her, that’s cool! Wow advances sound tricky. There’ s a 3rd agent left, picking one isn’t getting easier. But I still like Jasmine. Best of luck Danielle.
    @haneul Thank you very much❤️
    I wanted to be mostly accurate about how all the little details of being a writer work. I wanted to also allow myself some room for creative liberties. I'm like you, I found it more interesting than I thought I would. I included the discussion about advances because I wasn't aware of how the actually worked. I decided to double check before I started writing and I'm glad I did. I started thinking that since Danielle's first book deal was with a publisher who was taking advantage of her and that she had signed the deal with an agent to guide her she wouldn't know how those were supposed to work either.

They will have more nights out like that together, and with the other couples too. Matteo and Darian will be taking their ladies out too. I can't wait to see how the new compatibility and attraction systems can work to make all three couples even closer.

I'm not sure I would have the nerve to step out there like they did. For a split second I scared the <redacted> out of myself when I spun the camera out over the drop. I felt really silly afterwards.🤣

@Metior_Ice Thank you so much.❤️
    I know how you feel. I have a lot of stories that I've fallen behind on because of my own writing, and there are a lot more that I want to start reading but it's like how and when am I going to find the time. I'm really happy you are enjoying my builds.🙂 I have a lot of fun doing them. I find that as I'm working I'm thinking about how I'm going to use that lot in a story and I come up with storylines while I'm doing that.

@BlueSeaWaves Thank you so much too.❤️
    Their outfits for the show were so beautiful. I have really fallen in love with Londyn wearing her hair down. She is absolutely gorgeous. I think she looks really beautiful when she goes for a natural hairstyle as well, and someday she may very well switch things up and go back to wearing one. Speaking of which I have a picture of teenage Londyn with her hair in a natural style.
    PlEsvZb.png?1

Putting myself in Danielle's place I know who I would choose, and I'm pretty sure I know who she's going to choose but I can't reveal it. Blake still has a chance but he's going to really have to wow her to win her over. I love looking at views like that which makes it so odd that when I have had a chance to do so in real life I have chickened out.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,323 Member
    She looks beautiful with her natural hair. It’ll be awesome to see her switch it up, but she looks either way. Looking forward to her choice, it's understandable that you can’t reveal that just yet. Though the bar is set very high for Blake.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    Enjoyed it very much :)
    In regard to the agents, yeah, you've got one who's young and full of enthusiasm and one who has a lot of experience. One who wants to work with LGBTQ+ literature specifically, and one who's happy to but has a much larger portfolio. One where Danielle would be a bigger fish in a smaller pond, and one where she'd have more resources available, probably a larger less seat-of-the-pants operation, but Danielle might have to work harder to be noticed.

(Blake? Who was Blake? I don't even remember that guy)

This kind of decision is a real turning point in the lives of many creative people!

I wonder if, in her world as in ours, the industry of selling books is shrinking? Will there be that kind of pressure on her and on her publishing house?
    gen3-banner.png
  • hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    Loved this :)
    I didn't know any of the information spoken about in this chapter with regards to publishing so I was actually very happy to be educated haha! Clearly you did a good amount of research for it and it makes it seem very realistic to me. I'm very curious as to whom Danielle will choose, but I know she's likely learning towards Jasmine.

It would be a hard choice for anyone though, when it comes down to whether she wants more money and a more experienced agent, or someone who intrinsically understands the content that you're writing and will focus on supporting the LGBT aspects. I feel like Danielle will go with the latter, especially in light of her horrible experience in the past where she was essentially punished for being open about her sexuality and daring to explore those themes in her books. I'm still interested to see what Blake has to say, but I don't see how it could get much better than Jasmine or Meghan. I also think that Danielle would do well in a female oriented space, for some reason. She's just such a gal's gal, haha.

As always, your story makes me feel so cosy <3 I want more and more and more
    s54gWQ5.png
    @mightysprite Thank you so much.❤️
    Big publishing houses can reach a bigger audience but as you mentioned she would have to share marketing resources with more authors. There is just something about having someone who understands you and has walked a similar path in your corner. A smaller publishing house that specializes in LGBTQ+ stories can be a bigger help in raising her profile. As her audience grows she'll get access to more resources and in the meantime she'll have a more forgiving environment to continue honing her craft.

Poor Blake, he had the misfortune of me choosing to have him go last. Maybe that was a subconscious decision. This is after all a really female centric story. I'll have to make it up to him. I suppose I could cheat him a big deposit in his bank account and give him a nice house somewhere. Never let it be said I wasn't a benevolent goddess.😁 Ok, there are a few sims who might disagree, but you can't please everybody.

You gave me an idea for what Blake can offer Danielle. I'll have to play around with it because I still don't see the idea being anywhere near enough to sway her towards him. We'll see, but at least he'll get to participate.

@hellohannah2 Thank you for the lovely sentiment.🥰 It was a long trying day at work and that put a smile on my face.🙂
    I know which way Danielle is leaning and Londyn is with her. They will sit down and talk it over. Londyn may be an actress but she does have experience working with agents and she will share that. Danielle isn't going to be easily swayed by money. She won't ignore it, but it's not her primary motivation. For her it really is all about the love of writing.

I would agree about Danielle thriving in a female oriented environment. She dated and had relationships with boys and men before acknowledging her true feelings but there was never that deep connection even outside of a romantic relationship. She has the same wariness around men that a lot of women do. Matteo and Darian are the exceptions since she is close to them but that’s through her bonds with Summer and Liberty.
    @BlueSeaWaves Thank you and sorry for not replying to you sooner. I'm not sure at what point I'll have Londyn switch back to a natural hairstyle. I don't see it happening anytime soon though. I feel like that needs to be an evolution.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    All caught up, I loved this update! I got a solid feel of the publishing industry, and I admit some of the details align pretty well with some of what I’ve learned about publishing books in real life.

Romance isn’t typically my favorite genre to read (more of a fantasy/ fiction writer and reader), but I love following your updates!

I loved the details with the city skyscrapers. All and all, a very rich read!
    @Metior_Ice Thank you so much.❤️ I'm happy you're enjoying the story. I've tried to balance realism with some creative liberties and trying to make subjects like Danielle's work interesting. It's really wonderful to get feedback from people who know about the real world subjects I bring into the story.
    Just a little note to my lovely readers, in coming chapters the cast and some of the homes may wind up looking different on the other side. I've been thinking about my CAS and BB custom content and some of it is getting old. I'm only now getting caught up on all the cc beds that broke in the July update and I can almost guarantee they're going to break all over again. Among a slew of other things. I may be forced to give everyone makeovers too. I'm most concerned about hairstyles and skin overlays since those really affect a sim's appearance. Furnishings changing is easily explained away in the story. Drastic changes to how the characters themselves look happening without warning is a different story.

You all are so lovely and supportive and I know you'll understand if it does happen, but I felt like I owed it to you to mention the possibility. Thank you as always for coming along on this wonderful ride.❤️
    @mightysprite I was having my morning coffee and it hit me. I know exactly what Blake's offer to Danielle will be. It was your comment above that helped me figure it out. I read it and filed it away mentally and it all came to me out of the blue. I'm going to start writing the next chapter soon. I want to finish the movie lot build and get caught up on all the stories I've fallen behind on lately.
    @mightysprite I was having my morning coffee and it hit me. I know exactly what Blake's offer to Danielle will be. It was your comment above that helped me figure it out. I read it and filed it away mentally and it all came to me out of the blue. I'm going to start writing the next chapter soon. I want to finish the movie lot build and get caught up on all the stories I've fallen behind on lately.

This is the way the subconscious mind works. As writers we carry the angst of where to go from here, while the subconscious mind never stops working the problem. It works away, even when we're awake. It's very nice when others say something that completely sparks in us. And how the subconscious mind who held onto everything in the mix, just presents when we least expect it. I look forward to your next Tartosa segment. :)
    Ooo interesting, but don't take too many story cues from me, or things might get weird quickly :)
    gen3-banner.png
    Ooo interesting, but don't take too many story cues from me, or things might get weird quickly :)

Well then we can be twinsies. I think I'm doing a fairly decent job of making things weird in S&D.😉
    I'm so sorry. I promised a new chapter of the story last week and here we are on Sunday night and I'm still not done. I hope it won't be too much longer but I feel like I owe you all an apology for not delivering on my promise. I really thought I was going to be able to get this one done by last Thursday or Friday and I completely missed.🥺

And on top of that I've fallen way behind on everybody else's stories. I really need to get back on track.

No worries @DaniRose2143 , you are not on deadline here :)
    just do what feels like fun, and have fun with it when you do :)
    gen3-banner.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top