Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has you're sim been killed by a shark?

Has any of your sims been killed by a shark in Sulani or Tartosa?

Comments

• DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    @catloverplayer No I never knew that was a death in The Sims 4. I knew it was a death in The Sims 3 tho
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    once in Sulani but that was rather intentional :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Nope, I didn't realise that was a death! I've never had a shark in my game, only seen it on a Youtube video.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    Not yet, though they have scared my Sims outta the water a few times.

If I heard and understood it correctly, your Sim can only be devoured on the Mua Pel'am lots. Never tested it myself. Or at least, not having any sharks showing up there yet, so I can't say for sure.

I wonder how a "devoured by shark" ghost would behave. The drowning ghost Sim?

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Yes, and it wasn't even purposeful :D

It happened during the one month one world one year challenge I participated in last year. My sim (current avatar) was out swimming in the deep water, saw a shark fin, and while swimming back to shore was pulled under and died!

That caught me by surprise, but fortunately his wife was a spellcaster who knew how to resurrect sims, so he didn't stay dead for too long.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited March 2023
    For test purposes, yes. Though thanks to that, I know a lot about that.

There are three water danger levels: safe (Ohan'ali Town, Gibbs Hills), mild (Lani St. Taz, University of Britechester), and dangerous (Mua Pel'am, Foxbury Institute). Safe waters have no shark encounters, mild waters have shark encounters but no attacks, and dangerous waters have both shark encounters and attacks (I'd rather call it ocean threat attacks).
    In order for your sim to be attacked by the ocean threat, they'll either need to have encountered a shark before or be cursed by an island spirit. Mermaids can summon it to attack other sims (even in swimming pools) but it will never kill.
    If your sim gets pulled underwater, they'll either get a scared moodlet or an uncomfortable moodlet. If they get a scared moodlet, they survived, but now have an higher chance of getting pulled underwater again. If they get an uncomfortable moodlet, they will die by drowning immediately.
    No different ghost type, just another way to die by drowning (with a special sound effect).

I don't know about any shark encounters in Tartosa. I however do know that water danger levels also apply to Britechester.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited March 2023
    Ok. Tested it out and determined the following:

All the waters in Tartosa are safe.

The waters in Copperdale is safe.

The lake in Moonwood Mill is safe.

All the rivers in Henford-on-Bagley are safe.

All the other unmentioned worlds with swimming possibilities are safe from my experience.

So you really have to worry about that in Sulani and Britechester (Mua Pel'am and Foxbury Institute specifically).
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    My sims obviously need to get out more. I didn't even know there was a place to swim at Foxberry. I have never encountered a shark at all. Hope I have not just jinxed my Salani sims.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I've had one sim pulled under at Mua Pel'am, but she survived. Still, it were very tense moments while she swam to the shore.

At Lani St. Taz I regularly encounter sharks, and always (or almost always? I'm not 100% certain) a dolphin appears right afterwards, as if the lore explanation were that the dolphin shoo'd away the shark. It could be coincidence, as I said, I'm not entirely sure about this.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Funnily enough. Yeah.
    hjqk8bA.png
    bysnvOl.png

That's the only time for me, too LOL!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Nope, I didn't realise that was a death! I've never had a shark in my game, only seen it on a Youtube video.

If you have Island Living sharks are in Sulani.