Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Regarding HSY and accompanying teens to school...

Does one HAVE to do so? Like, in GTW and GF, if you want your sim to actually really advance in their career, you need to go with them to work (At least sometimes), so you can direct them to do the things necessary for them to get the promotion, etc. And I know in HSY, it does ask you right before your teen goes to school, whether you want to go with them or not, yes...But if I were to choose NOT to go with them, like ever...Would they fail their classes, even if they did their homework and anything else needed to pass, at home?

I disabled HSY from my game, because of getting sick of going with the teens to school every day. I wanted to stay home with other sims in the family, but didn't feel I really could, as I didn't want my teens to fail school!

Any advice, tips, comments?

Comments

• greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    In most cases I've found they excel better when I'm not going with them. It's great for making friends and decent for building skills, but going to high school with your teens doesn't do much for them in terms of grades. Just make sure they do their homework and study for exams.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    They won't fail. If anything, sending them alone makes school easier, because then it progresses as it did before HSY, rather than potentially getting detention because of pop-ups or being too far away from class when the bell rings.

The primary advantages of active school, at least in my opinion, is slightly more curated school friendships (assuming the teens you want your teen to be friends with actually show up) and the ability to get a jump start on some skills.
  • Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    Oh good, thank you so much @greydonn and @DaWaterRat
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    After my first real play of the school I started just going with them on the day that the exam was and also when the career day and cheerleading contest was. Other days I just sent them. No days will be fine but I liked going once or twice a week.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    edited March 2023
    Yes, you can send them without you.
    There is a bug where if you go to school with them, they can build performance but their grade won't actually go up when it is supposed to.
    Once their performance is high enough to increase the grade (yellow check mark on career panel), send them to school without you, and then the grade will go up.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-HSY-Sim-is-stuck-on-C-student-despite-acing-all/td-p/11677822
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I rarely go with mine. I just make them do their homework and send them off for the day while I play with the rest of the household.