Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your two favourite EPs?

nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
Since we now have 12 EPs (and a 13th very in a matter of days), I'm interested in knowing what your two favourite EPs are.

What are your favourite activities from these EPs?

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    edited March 2023
    The one I use the most: Seasons
    The one I find the most delightful: City Living

I bought them both at the same time as I bought TS4 in the first place, so I can't compare having them to not having them.

Seasons: Weather and holidays are indispensable parts of the game for me. I also use the CAS and BB very often. Some of the activities I don't use as much (ice skating, Patchy) I totally get a kick out of when I do use them.

City Living: They got everything right in regard to the world. Apartments aren't perfect but they work great. Neighborhoods feel alive and well populated with many sims walking by, having conversations, busking, performing as living statues, getting food at food stands, sleeping on benches etc. Neighborhood terrain is interesting, different in the 4 different neighborhoods, has things to do in neighborhood terrain. I love the premade households, have played them all. Backstory/lore in regard to the world if you explore the central park neighborhood enough. The neighbor dynamics are hilarious (but there is also a lot trait to turn them off if you get tired of them). Landlord character/relationship. The critic and politician careers, both of which have two branches that include interesting gameplay. Karaoke!
    gen3-banner.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Get Together the club system the new dances it added closets Dj booth and handful of other new objects biggest game expanding expansion ever including the world size though I wish it were an American world but oh well

High School Years active high school is a game changer the majority of my actively played Sims are teens I don't have to rabbit hole them half the day now cheerleading was done well football gameplay extremely basic sadly but something I have wanted since base game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited March 2023
    Cottage Living
    Raising animals
    Oversized crops
    Cross stitching
    Simple living lot trait
    Animal treats
    Canning
    Henford on Bagley
    Grocery delivery
    Running errands

Realm of Magic
    Learning and crafting potions
    Learning and performing spells

ETA: Oops. Realized I selected a game pack. 😳

Second favorite EP would be Cats and Dogs.
    Dogs. ❤️
    Vet clinic
    Brindleton Bay
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    Seasons

The calendar.
    Holidays.
    I really like the build/buy in this pack and use a lot of it when decorating.
    Of course, the weather. I love having the changing of the seasons. It makes the game feel more alive.

Cottage Living

Can I say everything? I wanted farming for S4 for so, so long. But okay,
    Having chickens and cows, like my grandmas did when I was a child.
    The Henford-On-Bagley town. It's so lovely and I love to have my sims take walks just to explore.
    I enjoy the errands to unlock those new cross stitch patterns!
    Cross stitching.
    The new plants (berries and mushrooms) and the oversize crops are fun to try to grow the perfect, huge specimen.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I really like (and overuse) Cottage Living and Get Famous. Honestly, all my sims are super famous farmers lmao. They all have at least a chicken coop, and most have a llama and cow too.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Seasons is both my favourite and the EP I use the most. There are no activities in particular that I enjoy more than those from other packs (although I really like the customisable holidays), it's just having seasons and weather in general that makes the game feel more alive and complete. And with every world having its own climate, the only way not to use the features from the pack would be to uninstall it, but I can't even imagine playing without it nowadays.

Second would be Cottage Living. Ever since I bought it, I've been using at least some of its features (be it the farm animals, the Simple Living lot trait or just the furniture) in most of my played households.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    If I have to limit myself to just EP then it would be
    get together: I use the club system frequently to get groups of friends or relatives together. I can't play without it anymore. I also like windenburg and frequently use build buy
    seasons : the holidays and passing of seasons gives the game a sense of time passing that really makes the world feel alive.

If I could choose between all DLC, not just EP, then it would be get together and realm of magic. Having magic in the world makes it a wonderful place to escape to. And the furniture is lovely.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Well if it has to be only two favorite Expansion Packs, I have to say my very most favorites are Get Together & Cottage Living. ;)
    To me, Windenburg so goes with Henford. Plus, I so love the outdoor parties & the country festivals. :p
    Also, they're so perfect for my European Medieval to Victorian household game play. B)
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Seasons and City Living. Seasons had an enormous impact on the game and City Living is just great!
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I didn’t really play them all equally but of the ones I played it’s Seasons for certain, then probably gotta say City Living for the other.

Seasons I always do the holidays but I did a lot of gardening and things and I just enjoy having the weather.

City Living for the apartments and all that comes with that, I also really like the festivals.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I mean, if I'm really honest, my two favorite are Making Magic and Freetime - but this is for Sims 4, so see above lmao.
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    Get To Work and Seasons. I love the careers that came with GTW especially the Scientist career. I also loved the reintroduction of aliens that came with this EP. What is there not to love about Seasons?! As well as the obvious weather there is the calendar and the holiday events.
  • nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member

It's about TS4 here.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    -City Living- I couldn’t play the game without it. Love the world, I always end up living there. I enjoy apartments, annoying neighbors included. Festivals which I still find fun. Also it includes my favorite lot type, Karaoke bars. Bars without the annoying bar nights. The pack also introduced working from home, lot traits, food booths, and selling tables. All things I love.

Its hard for me to pick between seasons and Get Together.

But I think that Get Together takes the edge. I know people complain about the partying in Sims 4 but I love it, so dancing skill, DJ booth, and dance parties are all a must. While I never live in Windenburg, I really enjoy the commercial district and special lots. Also, while I don’t use clubs all the time when I do, they’re super helpful.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Cottage Living is my favorite. The CAS and BB are nice, I love farming, and I love taking care of animals. If I didn't need huge lots to take advantage of farming life, most of my houses would be based on raising farm animals.

There are EPs I like, but none of them really stand up to Cottage Living for me. I guess I'd go with Cats & Dogs, because Brindleton Bay is my favorite world, and the game allowed me recreate my puppy. By the way, I got a new puppy a couple of months ago. He's amazing and beautiful.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Assuming I can download my favorite premade sims, the Windenburg bunch, from the gallery, my votes go to Eco Lifestyle and Get to Work.

With the voring Eco introduced a new way for my sims to harass each other. I love everything about it, CAS, the world, footprint, the crafting and the recipes.

After Eco several EPs were tied, but I think GTW deserves this spot, although only for the detective career, that has become so integral to my gameplay. Aliens and the other two careers are lackluster and I'm not interested in retail gameplay, so it is little surprising that GTW used to be my least liked EP before I made my detectives the focus of my gameplay.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Seasons - The weather system is a must, so Seasons is an easy pick for me. Also enjoy the seasonal activities.

Get Together - The second pack was harder to pick, but in the end I wouldn't want to miss the club system. It's not what I play with most, it's just what I wouldn't want to give up having. If I went with what I play the most it would likely be City Living, because of the apartments and festivals.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    This is too hard. Favorite expansion packs are always moving around my list depending on which save I'm playing.

Currently I'm playing predominantly with City Living and Vampires, which I know doesn't count.

If I had to choose though, I'd pick Cottage Living with a tie between City Living and Island Living (I guess I really like the 'living' packs).

I utilize the worlds from these packs the most often and enjoy all of the game play they came with immensely.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited March 2023
    EP03 City Living : Downtown, apartment and skyscrapers are my top priority from the beginning.

EP05 Seasons : Every video games should have rain.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Cottage Living is still my number 1. Everything about it is so great. I love the world, the BB and CAS, just everything about it, really.

Number 2 is Cats and Dogs, which I got a couple of months ago. I was surprised how fun it was running a Vet Clinic, and the animals are so adorable! The world is quite nice, too. Before I got that one I would have picked City Living, because it is so unique, plus I really enjoy the challenge of renovating the apartments without being able to change the footprint.

I know everyone really loves Seasons, but I still have a love/hate relationship with that pack.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited March 2023
    Cottage Living:
    - simple living lot trait
    - canning food
    - raising chickens, cows, llamas
    - bunny helpers and singing to birds
    - grocery deliveries
    - love all the build/buy and cas items (especially the debug flowers, grasses, mushrooms, and bushes!)
    - the world is gorgeous (my fav is the isolated lot next to the waterfall)
    - Henford-On-Bagley is a fun and busy little town to hang out

Cats and Dogs:
    - Brindleton Bay is still my fav world after all this time (plenty of lots to choose from and the lighting is great)
    - love the everyday versatility of all the build/buy items
    - most of my sims have a pet cat or dog (or more)
    - dog walks and taking dogs to Pupperstone Park for training on the obstacle course
    - hanging out at the Salty Paws Saloon with all the annoying stray kitties :D

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I feel like my favorite EPs change every time I play my game. Once you have several of them, there are so many options for things to do and explore. The worlds are always so cool and the CAS and B/B all bring something new for styles to choose from and a change of pace for activities.

There are certain things from each pack that I use a lot, so I think trying to choose even two of them makes my brain melt, haha.
    #Team Occult
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    Island Living - I'm all but unable to leave that area alone in any of my saves. I simply must move a family there and enjoy the good life. Sure, sometimes I play in other worlds, but I always go back to Sulani.

Seasons - Weather, holidays and plants of the season. So simple, but it makes my game better.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Oh, it's just too hard to pick two:
    Off the top of my head, GET FAMOUS, Cottage Living
    (I have to sneak City Living in here, too, since that's when our Sims learned how to sing.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/