Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses please

SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
edited October 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I know this has been brought up before. I did a search and there were 1000 pages of hits on the word "horse" on the forums but I didn't see any recent posts.

I really miss having horses from Sims3. I'd love to have them in Sims4. It could come before or after some sort of pack with functional vehicles. I want horse-drawn carriages, carts, wagons, chariots, etc. Riding a horse around would be fun. I'd love all sorts of different types of horses with different color patterns and face shapes. I'm wanting a huge shire horse with a dapple gray pattern. Different types of saddles, bridles, blankets, livery, barding, saddle bags, etc would be great. Even horse armor would be fun to have.
Dapple-Grey-Draft-Horse.jpg

Ponies and small horses would also be welcome. So from shires all the way to Falabella's would be appreciated.
Falabella2.jpg?w=720&ssl=1
Falabella-Horse.jpg

I would love to have the interactions we had with horses in Sims3. I'd also like to be able to befriend wild horses and unicorns. I don't expect any pegasus because the wings might be difficult to animate. I know there are CC pegasus that work like bikes but can fly. Looks pretty funny actually.

We could build stables and have stall mats, troughs, feed sacks, etc.

Comments

• Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Horses could be featured in a Game Pack, or a second rural related EP like Cottage Living, but a GP could be enough.

Horses GP could include stable buildings, new lot types, forging and leather skills for horseshoes and saddle crafting
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I like those ideas @Mak27
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    Aww I’d love that too
  • ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 118 Member
    > @Mak27 said:
    > Horses could be featured in a Game Pack, or a second rural related EP like Cottage Living, but a GP could be enough.
    >
    > Horses GP could include stable buildings, new lot types, forging and leather skills for horseshoes and saddle crafting
    I think a Far West GP would be awesome for that, adding horses, equestrianism, pigs, sheeps, a little old town and even introducing indigenous people.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a horses GP this year. The 2 EPs they teased don't look like they could be horses. Moreover we got Cats and Dogs in one EP, plus they can reuse some of the basics from these animals (like the special CAS functionality and such) - so a horses GP should bei doable.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    If we do get them; I sure hope they aren't limited to a tiny area in front of the barn (which is part of its footprint) like cattle and llamas.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I have hopes this year we'll get horses!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • AriesMIAriesMI Posts: 4 New Member
    Game Pack/Expansion Pack Ideas:

1. Please bring back the Into The Future pack from Sims 3! I would like to see sims have the ability to go back and forth to the future, and probably travelling back to the past too! I don't mind if the pack is gonna be a bit more costly as long as long as it can feature two worlds like a past world and a future world... better if THREE worlds: past world, utopian future world, and dystopian future world!

2. Angels or Bird-people (to avoid associating it with religion) World/Game Pack. Another occult that is self-explanatory just by its name. I don't know but you my friends here can contribute some more to this idea as to how the gameplay would be like. I just want winged sims that aren't fairies.

3. A Hunger Games or Squid Games-like expansion, should fall under adventures category. There are too many potential gameplay ideas here, well let us come up with something like this because Sims 5 is still far ahead.
    Flag Quote · Insightful Like Awesome
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Yes, pretty please!! :p
  • Todoroki234_DamTodoroki234_Dam Posts: 9 New Member
    Horses would be cute! I like the idea of having them. Maybe they could get their own pack with a bunch of new things to go with them.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I have hopes this year we'll get horses!

Fingers crossed you are right. 🐎
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    edited January 2023
    I hope we get an entire gamepack versus the Cottage Living approach.
    I’m dying to make my fav sim, Vilkis (pfp), a horse girl. Imagine foals.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • sillysimmer3sillysimmer3 Posts: 18 Member
    I love horses
    One day I want to be able to re-create my late horse Red Beans. Beautifully colored. He loved to be brushed and petted. But he had a bad temper. We had a pig that liked to agitate him. We had them in separate yards and the pig was taunting him. Beans was trying to reach over the fence or through it to bite the pig but couldn't do it. So the pig was prancing along the fenceline oinking at him while he got angrier and angrier. He'd have full on tantrums and stomp all around. Poor old Beans made the mistake of doing the stomping tantrum when he was older and hurt himself. He was limping for days. Horses can have very interesting personalities. My other horse, What A Dolly, was a total sweetheart.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Horses have been on my list for a while now. I want to see a ranch style GP that you can either live at/work at/run a ranch or vacation to. Lots of opportunity there for family activities as well. A world inspired by South America/ Patagonia with trails for riding etc..
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Suceress wrote: »
    One day I want to be able to re-create my late horse Red Beans. Beautifully colored. He loved to be brushed and petted. But he had a bad temper. We had a pig that liked to agitate him. We had them in separate yards and the pig was taunting him. Beans was trying to reach over the fence or through it to bite the pig but couldn't do it. So the pig was prancing along the fenceline oinking at him while he got angrier and angrier. He'd have full on tantrums and stomp all around. Poor old Beans made the mistake of doing the stomping tantrum when he was older and hurt himself. He was limping for days. Horses can have very interesting personalities. My other horse, What A Dolly, was a total sweetheart.

I would love top make my late mare in Sim horse form. I lost her 2 months ago, and she is greatly missed. I still have my beloved gelding, but life feels different without my mare.

Funny story about the pig. Our ranch owner' grandkids have a small animal farm on the properry and we ride by a lot and my gelding is indifferent to pigs (he was born on an Amish farm) but there's a mare on the ranch who dislikes pigs so much.
  • LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    It's my biggest wish to get horses. I play a lot of epoch saves like Victorian era or wild west. I really need horses!
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I love horses. Recreating some of the horses I knew in my childhood would be so much fun.
    I really hope they will eventually add them. I enjoyed horses in Sims3.
  • Branwen84Branwen84 Posts: 40 Member
    Yes please! While there is a cc horse, it isn't well animated, and to my knowledge you can't build a relationship with it like you can with cats and dogs. And while it might be possible to convert the horses from ts3 for ts4(and make them work as bicycles like the existing cc horse), it would probably be very difficult(if at all possible) for modders to add that relationship aspect. So an equestrian pack is something I'd very much like to see(and would be willing to pay for). Especially if you can breed horses like you can breed cats and dogs(another thing that would be very-difficult-if-at-all-possible for modders to provide), and equip them with different gear etc.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I would really love if Unicorns were rare encounters as well like they were in Sims 3. And maybe add pegasi and alicorns in there as well. Rare enough so they're not invasive to people that just want farm horses (or have a toggle for them), but still there so I can live as my MLP Ponysona ty <3
    I like the idea of being able to toggle unicorns, pegasi and alicorns on and off. I'd also love to have a bunch of saddle packs and different styles of saddles that can be put on the horses. And they can add hoof boots, travel boots, and other types of leg gear that horses can wear.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    If we didn't get them in Cottage Living, I don't think we'll be getting them, which is such a shame, because any animals added to the game would be welcome for me. Cottage Living would have been the perfect pack for them, so I can't see us getting them any other way. :(
    If we didn't get them in Cottage Living, I don't think we'll be getting them, which is such a shame, because any animals added to the game would be welcome for me. Cottage Living would have been the perfect pack for them, so I can't see us getting them any other way. :(

I can still hold out hope for horses eventually. There are a lot of sims3 items for them that I'd like to see converted.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    There have been tons of hints this year for horses. Why put them in cottage living when they can market an entire pack around them? I think there is a strong possibility of a horses GP this summer.