Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Are Your Plans for Growing Together?

Comments

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I'm not planning anything. I have about 60 saves and lots of families with kids in them and there will always be more. I'll just continue playing them normally in my rotation and explore the pack that way.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    I put aside my legacy save and started a new save in HOB with a YA female sim and turned aging off. I'm working on building her skills right now, but I think she's going to have a science baby so I can get used to the infants before and after the pack releases. In fact I might give her a science baby to play with before the pack drops, and then delete that one after I buy the pack and have her have another one to get acquainted with the differences the pack brings.

Is that terrible? I think that might be kind of terrible. :confused:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Right now I’m going through and putting like and dislikes on all the Sims in my starter save. And it’s so tedious.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I put aside my legacy save and started a new save in HOB with a YA female sim and turned aging off. I'm working on building her skills right now, but I think she's going to have a science baby so I can get used to the infants before and after the pack releases. In fact I might give her a science baby to play with before the pack drops, and then delete that one after I buy the pack and have her have another one to get acquainted with the differences the pack brings.

Is that terrible? I think that might be kind of terrible. :confused:

I wonder how deleting sims is dealt with by the Milestone system?
  • BWolf20BWolf20 Posts: 6 New Member
    Every now and then I create sims based on fictional characters from movies and shows I enjoy. Not too long ago I created a household of Spider-men based on the movie "Spider-man No Way home". Haven't played with it yet since I had another story going on, but recently I've been thinking about the movie, and after the livestream I can't help thinking it'll be fun and perfect to use this pack to explore and grow bonds between the sims of that household which will add to the story I have for them following the movie.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm gonna make my favorite sim as a baby and watch him grow up
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I have one save with a couple who live in a big New England farmhouse in Brindleton bay with 3 kids, a granddaughter, cat, dog, lodger and butler! (not to mention the daughter in college and the eldest daughter who is a famous actress, married to Johnny Zest with a mansion in Del Sol Valley!).
    I currently use a Get Together club for their family reunions so Im thrilled that they can have the real thing now. Not to mention all the sleepovers I can plan for the kids!

Although I want to test things out first so I created a new couple in a new save. Went with my go to world and home....Henford on Bagley and an old Tudor farmhouse (with all the debug from Cottage Living I could fit in!LOL).
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I built a park on the 64x64 lot in Brindleton Bay, leaving an area open to add a water splash park when I get the pack. Now I am building 2 townhouses on the 20x20 lot based on the one from the tv show Full House. I enjoy starting couples or families in duplexes so they can get to know each other and develop relationships. I plan to put them on a larger lot as they just fit on 20x20 and definitely want a yard they can enjoy! I plan to build another 2 on a lot with a different style. Looking forward to actually using them in the new pack!
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I have a household consisting of two friends raising a child together in an apartment in San Myshuno - well, not yet. At the moment they're only in my library, waiting for me to purchase Growing Together so I can explore its features with them. The catch: They're all unageing androids, including the child (@EnkiSchmidt will know them as Kara, Luther, and Alice). That means the girl will stay a child forever, and needs many new activities so I don't get bored playing with her in the long run.

Also in San Myshuno, I'm currently furnishing a skyscraper apartment for a renowned asari family (Mass Effect fans will know them as Liara T'Soni and her parents, Matriarchs Benezia and Aethyta, even though they're not quite as happily married in the source material). These aliens may be extremely long-lived by human standards, but they do still age, and I'm going to age Liara down as much as possible so I can go through a more traditional, full growing up experience with her.

As for the world that actually comes with the pack, San Sequoia - no idea what to do with it yet. With Copperdale already being designated as my family-themed world (and school is a part of growing up, too), I'll have to think of something else.
  • rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    I cleared out a bunch of CC and am building a new template in anticipation for the game release. I'm beyond excited.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    My plans so far are simple: You get a treehouse... and you get a treehouse... everyone gets a treehouse!
    (Especially Alice, and maybe she wants to adopt URS12? Throw in a kids can walk dogs mod and you'll have her occupied for a long time @GrumpyGlowfish - Look under "polar bear" by The Kalino in the gallery.)

A fair share of families will have more children, both conventionally conceived and science babies, and I'm also hoping for many interesting midlife crises. I can see that feature blow up similarly to the Strangerville quest: technically just a series of clicks, done within a couple of sim days, but much more rewarding when one really leans into the thing with roleplay.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    I have sims family that consist of two adults .one young adult one teen sister and a child.
    The mom is pregnant
    The young adult son is going to college

The dad works

My goal is to play with this family.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm in the middle of Not So Berry Challenge, Gen 7 and original Legacy Challenge, Gen 10. Plus I have an occult rotational save with plenty of families. So I haven't really decided who I'll start with, but I'm a family player in general, so I'll experience the pack organically as I continue the legacy challenges.

I did start a brand new 100 Baby Challenge save last night. My game is heavily modded, & I think it will take longer than usual for modders to provide updates. So while I wait for mods to update, I'll be focusing on 100 baby challenge. My Sim just had twins, that are still newborns so I'm waiting until next week to resume so I can experience infants gameplay. 100 baby challenge...I completed 1x & said I'd never do it again. But with infants...I think the challenge will just be so super chaotic...so I'm excited to start a new one.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited March 2023
    I have plan's also.. of my couples have kids and I have a lot of singles to marry off.
    Post edited by honeypooh1267 on
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish - Look under "polar bear" by The Kalino in the gallery.)

Aw, The Kalino makes so many cute things for pets! Too bad I can't use the polar bear in this family, as my experience tells me that pets and apartments don't get along well (too many crashes while travelling). But I'll keep it in mind!
  • WrathSixxWrathSixx Posts: 33 Member
    I tend to make a brand new family to test out a new expansion. So I put them in the new world, using the new CAS items, in a house with predominantly build/buy items from the pack...I'm thinking i'm going to create two young adults, and go from there to try everything out.

Once i've explored enough with them, i'll be going back to my secret garden challenge. I am tempted to make a new family now though, and get them to the stage where she is about to give birth, ready for the update haha
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I'm not planning anything special yet.

Do we know the list of new likes/dislikes? It would be nice planning what likes/dislikes to add to what sims to make it quicker once the pack is here. That's the only think I would plan, if possible. There are so many babies in my 100+ played households, I don't need to prepare anything there, just avoiding to age them all up to toddler as I normally do...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    edited March 2023
    Since the coming update is huge and is likely going to break most if not all of my mods I have started a fresh install and I am currently building up a save file with my favorite lots and sims (cc free), setting up the calendar holidays etc. Basically making a new base save file for myself. Once I have the save file ready I will start planning out a family and story line to explore the new pack. So far I am undecided as to weather I want to start a fresh legacy with a single founder sim or if I want to pre-make all the relatives and friends to fit the backstory.

ETA: I am actually really excited to play without mods for awhile and see how much Growing Together improves on the vanilla game mechanics and maybe there's quite a few mods I won't need anymore. Definitely I will install MCCC and UI cheats again once updated for the new pack because they are my must have mods but it would be great if I could get away with just those two script mods and nothing else.
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member

@Amber0922

Your family are so cute!
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Playing a new couple in a new save to test out the new pack.
    Ive just added some builds to Newcrest because I wanted a really family friendly area. Ive added an old library build I had (which can easily be turned into a rec centre), also a childrens play park (its more of an activity centre really and the pool area is just crying out for the new splash pads!). I also have a Bubble tea/thrift shop for teens which has added fairground rides so has a UK funfair vibe.
    Im really hoping that the rabbithole cinema is a debug item coz Id love to add a cinema/bar for parents too. Finally Im putting a very basic rental property in the last plot....the whole area is going to be for those family holidays where you cant really afford to go anywhere posh!!LOL
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    I'm now thinking about waiting a while before installing the patch and expansion pack. Maybe a week or so after the pack releases. My future mother to be is now in her second term of university and has yet to meet the man of her dreams. He'll be created in CAS and I want to first get a feel for all the new mechanics.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I'm not planning anything. I have about 60 saves and lots of families with kids in them and there will always be more. I'll just continue playing them normally in my rotation and explore the pack that way.

This is basically similar to my gameplay. Except I only have one family in one save. But I do plan to just continue with my existing gameplay.
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    edited March 2023
    LSM36 wrote: »
    I already made the perfect couple and downloaded the generations build deligracy did on YT the other week, and updated it to fit me more. They aren't expecting yet, but I made then super loving, really good in their skills, careers, and educational backgrounds (all the way back to highschool).

Essentially I've been nesting in a new save file. The house has 4 bedrooms, so one is currently set up as a toddler room, but I'm thinking of editing things a bit. Either to add a small nursery just for infants, or make it and infant/toddler room. There's a children's room with two loft beds and desks. And one room for a teenager. I figured I'd only let them have as many kids as they can fit in there, and maybe leave room for a pet.

As for the rest of the save, I'm slowly populating it with babies. Currently aging is off. It's been off since HSY. So once infants come I will probably age up the babies themselves. Just to make sure no mote aging bugs. But everyone is having children. Some already were bc of neighborhood stories.

But I'm updating houses too. So that, even if I don't play these sims, the kid actually has somewhere to sleep when they age up.

Other than that I'm not doing too much with my save. Just bringing it up to par. Anything I particularly wanted to put in neighborhoods, like restaurants, will go in. I'll download a few more houses from the gallery. And maybe move the sim I made when we first heard about infants over to this save. So I can play both families.

Right now though, the main family isn't doing much. And I'm playing with other sims. Because they are going to be the focus as I explore everything with infants.

My game is officially ready 🙌🏼. I decided to give these sims (Maisley and Siraya Ventura-Storme (*to be clear they are both Ventura-Storme) )a family. Like parents.

Siraya's family the Stormes:
    One brother, 2 moms, 2 grandmothers, and then bc I was on a roll some interesting bits.

I made one mom have Sulani mana. That's Storme mama. They're a Private Attorney top of their career, adult, and slightly famous. Non-binary femme.

So I made her mom a memaid Grandma Storme (My main sim's grandmother) and she's the one with the Child of the Island's trait. Had her summon an Elemental. Then made one who was the right age her ( Idk his last name he was inconsequential) dad. The mermaid mom and he are just friends. And I made that grandma immortal and aged her down. So it makes sense that she's still alive. Unfortunately since she's immortal and now an Adult she can't retire (My bad). But she's a botanist in Sulani bc for some reason the Conservationist career was bugging out.

As for the other mom who's married to Storme mama, her maiden name is Caius, I made her Father Winter's baby. She's a famous Entertainer just shy of being a Global Superstar. Master of Music in all forms.

So then I had to go make her mom. Grandma Cauis. Summon Father Winter. Which is A LOT EASIER than summoning Grimm. MCC can get him, if I want Grimm someone has to die. I already gave her the trait, but that doesn't update the tree. So I did my thing. Then made mom know him. And unlike with the Elemental, I allowed them to have some romance. Past lover style.

Then the two grandma's became bffs and moved to Sulani to live in a small house on the beach. One of them a botanist, the other I don't remember, both immortal. Only one a mermaid.

The brother is a teen. Fairly popular. Handsome, but then he got good genes. A nice kid. Responsible. Comes from a loving family. Has Sulani mana, so maybe don't be a jerk. Also Father Winter is his Grandpa so keep that in mind when it comes time for presents. Neither he nor his sister are mermaids. Nor his mother. But it's in the family tree so it could happen. Right now he's just enjoying the good life, making friends and looking forward to being an uncle.

I had also made the Ventura Parents. In that case the father had taken his wife's name and hyphenated. Rio-Ventura. The wife is simply Ventura. And is a Global Superstar. Famous actress. Fabulously wealthy, gorgeous, aging like fine wine. Simlywood screens will see her face for years and viewers will swoon.Both are only adults, but no botox needed for her features. He's a chef. A celebrity chef, but yeah. He's ok.

She does have an Ancient Bloodline but isn't a Spellcaster. And none of her family remains, nor her husband's. Perhaps the fact that they were orphans was a bonding point and a reason they always wanted a bigger family. .

Their daughter is their only child so far, but they are young enough to have more if they should like, but their home isn't very conducive to it. Big and impersonable.

Now the main sims have grandparents, great-grandparents, and an uncle to call on when the pack comes out. And since most of their family was only children, with the exception of Siraya, any kids they have will really be doted upon.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    I've been aging up most of the kids in my households, primarily so I can effectively start "fresh" with my vampire centric saves.

With that said, I've also created some saves for the new stuff and have been toying with a certain premade family, considering how to approach their upbringing.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited March 2023
    My sims are ready to go for tomorrow's update... I have three married couple, one have a toddler and I'm planning to have another baby with the update and another two have a toddler and a child,