Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Harvest Township Update 3/8/2023 - It is finished! Download Now!

Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
Update 1/24/2023

Here's the new world that I'm currently working on. Here is an image of what the world looks like so far.
screenshot_original.jpg

Harvest Township includes a community lot by CJ plays call the Neo Flame. It is a fancy futuristic restaurant that I think you guys will enjoy. I want to thank him again for creating it. The world uses all expansion packs plus High End Loft Stuff and 70s, 80s, and 90s stuff. In addition, it requires some free store content, but no premium content or CC.

1. No Tricks, Just Treats
2. Harvest Bounty
3. The Sims Strike Back
4. In the Dawn of Sims
5. Happy Halloween Gory Goodies
6. Modern HDTV by Webbsta Industries
7. Eye of the Bolder
8. More Holiday Presents
9. Honeycomb Bookshelf
10. Happy Valentines Day 2014
11. Happy Holiday Presents
12. More Halloween Treats
13. Gifts for the Holidays
14. Explorers Loot
15. Halloween Treats

The download link for the 2nd beta and the first saved game file is in the first comment bellow. They will be separate links when I release the final version, but for now, you have to download them together for playtesting purposes.
Post edited by Damienf519 on

Comments

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    edited March 2023
    Update 3/8/2023

The final version of Harvest Township is here. Download it via the exchange
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9543114
    Or via Media Fire
    http://https://www.mediafire.com/file/63gwzdxboa86z2d/Harvest_Township_World.zip/file

You will need to download my official saved game file in order to encounter my sims
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pniko4fyy0wkyaw/Harvest_Township_Story.zip/file
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    this world looks nice so far @Damienf519 :)
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    Thanks @seaben. The next version should look even better as I fix some of the problems that I already found with it. Don't forget to let me know if you find anything wrong with the world or anything that you would like me to change before the release of the next version
    edited January 2023
    Update 1/9/2023
    Sorry about the delay. I wanted to include aliens in the official saved game file, I was hoping I could put an alien in my saved sims folder in CAS, but unfortunately it does save their alien powers, and just treats them as normal sims. Obviously that's not going to work, so It will take a bit longer than I was hoping. Now I know that I could just release the second beta without the saved game file, but I don't want it to come out too long before it. I will keep you guys posted. Again, sorry about the delay
    Update 1/24/2023

Once again, here's the download link for the second beta, and the first saved game file. The requirements are listed at the top of the page. https://www.mediafire.com/file/iihm3zo7zdpk3ri/Harvest_Township_Beta_B.zip/file

If you find anything wrong with this, or anything else you would like me to improve, please let me know. Make sure you play test the world with the save game file. The Sims should be a lot less wealthy in the final version. Also, I know that all the adult aliens have a very high logic and handiness skill. That is not on purpose but in order for me to include them, I needed to "capture them," and add them to the different households, because I can't make them in CAS.
    edited February 2023
    Update 2/1/2023

Here are some new screenshots of the world. Note that these may not perfectly reflect future versions of Harvest Township, but for now they should give you an excellent idea as to what the world is like. Also note that many, but not all of them include sims that you can only find in the official saved game file, if you have already played with that, maybe you will recognize some of them

The swimming pool by the potion shop
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The outside of the bot shop
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Yes, I included aliens and Plumbots in the saved game file, and it makes sense because its a future sci fi world
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The inside of Tomboy Bowling
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The proprietor at Old Times Park. He probably won't be a part of the next saved game file as he was randomly generated, but he still looks good there, even with his odd hat that's a bit strange and out of place
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The Park near the school in the "historic" part of town
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The dog park
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The Museum of the 20th and 21st Century
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Inside the dance club
    screenshot_original.jpg
    This robot is scared of humans. Maybe he shouldn't be working at this department store
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Well, if he can handle it...
    screenshot_original.jpg
    A Simfest at Old Times Park
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Here is the lot CJplays made for me. Its a restaurant called The Neo Flame. He did an excellent job with it!
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Here's the downstairs with one of the waiters patiently waiting for customers to arrive
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Here's the upstairs, where there is another waiter for some reason
    screenshot_original.jpg
    This is The Neo Flame later in the evening after some of my sims went there. Looks like they're having fun
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Nice to see people still creating for Sims 3, and your world is coming along nicely. <3
    EiFlric.png
    Thanks @ts1depot ! Can you elaborate on that a bit? Do you have any criticisms or suggestions? Ran into any issues with the map?
    edited February 2023
    @Damienf519 Hey, Damien!

I feel weird making suggestions and everything, because worldbuilding is all about personal preferences and playstyles, IMO.

Like, for me, personally, I would try playing different with interior lighting colors more to give more "atmosphere" to lots so they each have a certain feel. For instance, the nightclub could have red and green lights. The bowling venue could have blue and green lights.

Another thing (and again, this is a preference thing) is adding a few fountains here and there to give your most important lots more emphasis. I don't mean fountain objects that you place in Buy Mode, but the ones from Build Mode.
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
    @ts1depot Thanks for the suggestions. I will consider it. In the meantime, glad you didn't find anything serious things wrong with the world like routing issues
    @Damienf519 I'm sorry, but I wasn't able to actually play test the world, as I still don't have Into the Future, Supernatural, University or the stuff pack you have installed. At best, I can only go by the visuals (screenshots you've posted).
    EiFlric.png
    edited February 2023
    @ts1depot
    Okay. I'm a bit disappointed, but I guess that's just the way that it is. I was hoping that you were one of the play testers. Regardless, thanks for your feedback
    edited February 2023
    @Damienf519 I know this isn't the answer you're looking for (you'd prefer playtesters), but you can playtest your world for routing issues by using Overwatch, which has a setting that'll tell and show you where sims are getting trapped in your world. You would just have to uncheck the option called "Stuck Check Auto-Reset." With this option disabled, the game won't reset the stuck sims, which will help show you where the problem areas are.

Link: https://www.nraas.net/community/Overwatch-FAQ#I-am-receiving-Unroutable-or-Stationary-notices-what-do-they-mean

Also, another tip--routing issues tend to be caused by routing paint that has holes in it. So, what you can do is scan your routing paint to make sure there aren't any gaps. What will help is to turn off visibility for "flora" and objects in CAW.

I really regret not being able to play test your world, but Island Paradise threw me for such a loop in terms of routing, objects, etc. that I'm still trying to figure out that EP (in terms of worldbuilding) before installing ITF, SN and UN. I'm literally trying to crank out the rest of my worlds so I can finally start moving onto the other EPs.
    EiFlric.png
    @ts1depot
    Thanks for the suggestions. I don't use mods, because I feel safer without them, but thanks anyway. I knew about the issue with the gaps and I always scan my worlds for them.
    edited February 2023
    Update 2/17/2023
    Next version coming sometime in early March, unless there's something seriously wrong with it, or something you would like me to change that will require more play testing, it should be the final version. In the meantime, please keep playtesting. The next version will include an additional house and one more household in the saved game file
    Update 2/26/2023
    Final Version coming March 8th. Hope you guys enjoy it. I have bee working very hard on this world
    Update 2/28/2023
    Horrible news. It looks like EA is forcing to change to the new EA App even through I specifically shut off all automatic updates. That means that even if you find something seriously wrong with Harvest Township I might not be able to fix it, unless its something that I can fix outside of Edit In Game. I also won't be able to make any further changes to the map that have to be made in Edit in Game. So sorry everyone. I should still be able release the final version on March 8th, since it is working okay for me. Hopefully people will really like it, because it may well be my last Sims 3 world and unless EA gets around to making a version of Create a World for EA App, it might be among the last custom worlds made for the Sims 3
    edited March 2023
    @Damienf519 : There are workarounds to this issue. You will have to redownload an old copy of Origin, then add one little line of code in a text file to get the whole thing working again. I was still able to use Create a World and EIG with Origin without any issues as of this morning. Here are some links to help you out:

Mod the Sims: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=674586
    Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/115fny8/solution_to_the_forced_migration_from_origin_to/

Someone at MTS also made another good suggestion--purchase disc copies. You'd go down to 1.67 instead if 1.69, so remember that you'd have to switch to the 1.67 version of CAW if you go this route. Apparently, this issue doesn't impact disc copies, just digital copies.
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
    Thanks, @ts1depot, I might try that except for buying the discs copies. I can’t afford it. I don’t have tree that grows money like in the Sims 3, as much as I would love to have that.

I hope it works 🤗
    3/2/2023
    Great news! I got Origin working again so Harvest Township is back on track! Thank you @ts1depot! I was able to get it to work
    @Damienf519 Congratulations! Glad you could get it working again. B)
    EiFlric.png
    I’m really glad I was as well, especially since it wasn’t easy
    3/8/2023
    The final version of Harvest Township is here! Check it out!
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9543114
    You will need the official saved game file if you would like to encounter my sims, don't forget to move it to your saves folder after you install the map.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pniko4fyy0wkyaw/Harvest_Township_Story.zip/file
    Also, if the exchange is taken down, Harvest Township can also be downloaded here
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/63gwzdxboa86z2d/Harvest_Township_World.zip/file