Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much longer can you tolerate Sims 4's lifespan?

Comments

• manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    I'm very happy playing Sims 4 for now as I still have so much to explore, and Sims 5 will feel very empty in comparison when it's released. Saying that I know myself too well to say I won't end up getting Sims 5 out of curiosity and excitement. I'll probably end up playing both at the same time.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I'm fine playing the Sims 4 for quite a few more years - End of 2025 to 2026 (4-5 years)
    Keep them coming! This is my favorite rendition yet and I don't want to start over every time--tired of that :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I want to play the Sims 4 for much longer - End of 2027+ (6+ years)
    I still enjoy Sims 4 after 8 & a half years. :p
    I wouldn't want a new Sims game just because it was shiny & new. It would be so empty with no fun themes & wonderful worlds. :'( However, maybe after Sims 5 is about 6 or 8 years old, who knows. :o
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    edited March 2023
    I can wait several years before the release of the Sims 5 - End of 2024 (3 years)
    I've sadly stopped playing it all together, even building doesn't bring me joy with this game anymore :( the last game i played was for a few hours after i got HSY on sale to see if I liked the pack. Been back to playing TS3 and having lots of fun.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I still don't want to start all over again. I've been there, done that.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I hope Sims 5 comes out the earliest it realistically can - Fall 2023 (2 years)
    I'm over it, this latest expansion pack with the once again puny 12-Lot world and billion fake buildings killed it for me. Hoping a competitor brings a new life sim that allows the players to have total creativity of their worlds like previous The Sims games used to.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm over it, this latest expansion pack with the once again puny 12-Lot world and billion fake buildings killed it for me. Hoping a competitor brings a new life sim that allows the players to have total creativity of their worlds like previous The Sims games used to.

I haven't played for quite some time and your situation is one of the reasons I do not play it as I found my creativity is limited due to the constraints of Sims 4. I feel each pack is the same and nothing really new. However, I am waiting to see when "Life by You" comes out.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

I haven't played for quite some time and your situation is one of the reasons I do not play it as I found my creativity is limited due to the constraints of Sims 4. I feel each pack is the same and nothing really new. However, I am waiting to see when "Life by You" comes out.

Couldn't have said it better myself. B)
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    Haven't played since the later part of 2022. Origin forced an update which could have broken the save, and I decided I've had enough of Sims 4's constant updates. There had been creators who had taken a while to update their mods, and sometimes by the time they did, the next patch would come around and mess things up once again. Updates aside, I hope the developers quit adding more packs to Sims 4 as soon as possible and fix it before releasing Sims 5.

I'm hoping Sims 4 ends later this year so we could get Sims 5 already. I only play Sims 4 for a few minutes,then I log out and play other games such as Minecraft and the FNAF games on Roblox.

It's time for EA to end Sims 4 already,the game obviously cannot take much more content.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • that1chickthat1chick Posts: 15 Member
    I'm fine playing the Sims 4 for quite a few more years - End of 2025 to 2026 (4-5 years)
    The infants update has breathed much needed new life into the game for me. Before this last update I would play for a short time maybe a few hours and then I wouldn't touch the game for months. The last few packs just haven't been terribly interesting to me. It seems like every pack is just missing a little bit of something.

My biggest hopes for the Sims 5 is that they learn from past mistakes and take their time on things. I hope that the engine they use for Sims 5 will be better than the one they are using in the Sims 4 because apparently it was severely limiting. Anytime they made a decision that they knew we wouldn't like it was always blamed on the engine in one way or another. Flat snow with no depth? Sorry, we couldn't get deep snow to be high quality so instead we gave you this flat lifeless snow instead.

We'll see how things go, but I'm not in a rush to get the Sims 5 because it will feel incomplete for at least a few years after its release as they always hold back a ton of content for expansions, game packs, stuff packs and kits/store content. I would rather they take their time and release a proper version where we aren't waiting two years for toddlers or eight years for infants/proper expansion on family gameplay. They made a big deal of Sims 4 being a game where your Sims felt unique and different, but I would say that they have only really felt that with with the release of Growing Together and all of the packs and updates they've released to this date.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    Here's to hoping that UE5 will make Rene's base game more stable and not introduce bugs with every new patch.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    I guess one can always hope lol. B)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Well my selection is still valid. 😄
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member

I don't know rather this is happy or sad.

Maybe indifferent like me? B)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    edited April 2023

Happy for me. 👍🏼 And don't forget there's LBY in a few months for the sad and indifferent.
  • FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 486 Member
    I’m enjoying my game more than ever and still have so much I want to do. I’m interested to hear more about Project Rene, but considering I still play TS2 and TS3, I don’t see me dropping TS4 for a long time to come.
  • Branwen84Branwen84 Posts: 40 Member
    Well, I got a late start to Sims 4, so it's probably unsurprising that I don't mind if it stays around for quite a while longer. Regardless of when Sims 5 is released, I almost certainly won't get it at release - since any sims game is released piece meal, and I'm not interested in playing just the tiny fragment that is the base game. I'll wait until there is at least Seasons and Pets, I think - very well might be longer, if the release is soonish.
  • chongjasminechongjasmine Posts: 68 Member
    I hope sims 4 last for more years, as I am just starting to get into the game. Just found out the base game is free, and I enjoyed it.
  • Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    I can wait several years before the release of the Sims 5 - End of 2024 (3 years)
    it's ok for me to wait 🍵
    a few years ago, my answer would have been 'as soon as possible! take me away from sims 4!'
    but now, with knowing that there are (hopefully soon) a few strong competitors i can try out, i calmed down.
    i don't have high hopes in sims 5, i must confess. and starting all over again from nothing... nah
    plus i've been drawn in a hyperfixation with my current household 9 months ago.
    i can't think of leaving them anytime soon haha
    sims 4 makes me quite happy at the moment 🍫
    there must come something very, very attractive my way to leave this all behind.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    Not much longer. I actually am currently doing gameplay after not doing so since the new EP release. I am making a challenge for myself to try to do every bit of career/exploration gameplay that is possible in the game for my sim to experience to try and feel some excitement from this game. After playing here are the thoughts I have:

1. This game desperately needs new lot types. And I don't mean like the rec center. That is basically a glorified gym and library combined. Most feel the same to me. I'm talking about lots with major new gameplay. Like an entire GP dedicated to one lot type that adds heaps of things to do that correlate with each other. Preferably a mall that gives new active careers, a new expanded shopping and retail system, and a food court. A place for teens and families to hangout or work at.

2. Jungle adventure was actually a really cool pack, but they could've done more with the...adventure side of it. I love the culture aspect, but the tome you explore is a toned down version of the ones from TS3 WA expansion and leave me wanting more and not feeling very completed or satisfied once my sim reaches the end of it.

3. Speaking of culture--it would be cool to get more culture-based minor skills, similar to how salvadorian culture works.

4. Lastly, the vet career is actually quite nice--though repetitive at times-- I enjoy it, but it could've used more clinic rewards to redeem. The ones provided feel too basic and like an after thought. (Also a dentist career that works the same way in which you own it and are a dentist and hire staff to be hygienists and reception would be veryyyyy cool, just saying.

Okay that's all I have as that's all I've played through recently.
  • RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    I really don't feel like shelling out another $1000 + anytime soon on a new sims game.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    On Jungle Adventures, agree that it is a great pack but also agree that more could have been done with it, including at least the temple being more on TS3 WA lines. There could have been more areas to explore, each with unique things to find. Some ideas: market area, different levels of housing, cemetery, seaport, artisans' shops, royal palace. The Selvadorian Culture skill could easily have had more levels, with one of them granting the ability to make the poison antidote and the top one enabling a sim to live there if desired.