Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Btw can you add the world map and lot sizes to the opening post so its easier to find I keep trying to guess which page they're on :lol:

like this at least
    FqVA4LZXwAAFfYy?format=jpg&name=large

seems like its possibly the 40x20 lot the one surrounded by the roads interesting
    that 64x64 is gonna be death of me though
    I already know I'm gonna be wasting so many hours on it only to bulldoze it probably 100 times

I was eyeing that 64x64 lot for a community lot. I'm currently building that lot on 50x50 in Oasis Springs but I think it would fit in aesthetically with San Sequoia too. I wanted a 64x64 but the one in Del Sol Valley feels more residential than business/community and that extra 14x14 would make building so much easier.

The one thing I am happy about
    is that this world doesn't seem to have obvious mansion lot

like yes we have the big lot in gilbert gardens but it doesn't scream "this has to be mansion nothing else will make sense with how this lot is surrounded"

and the other big lots are also in areas that could either be community lots or just like normie houses

one thing that too is rather interesting is that we have lots of wide lots this time like as opposed to having big backyards like we usually end up having in willow creek and newcrest

might be good or not

The only lot that really comes close to that mansion feel is the 50x40 in Hopewell Hills. But I can think of other uses for that like some sort of park. The 50x40 next the wharf is definitely becoming a combination restaurant and nightclub. That 30x20 next to it feels like a cafe with al fresco dining with a view of the ocean.

The weirdest thing to me is that 40x20 lot in Gilbert Gardens. The only other 40x20 I can recall is the one in Newcrest and it was a pain to find lots to download because it was such a one-off thing that nobody really built anything for it. Now that I've caught the builder bug I'm looking forward to seeing it in game. It looks like it's a corner lot which gives us more freedom to create with. When I do download a lot it really gets my OCD going to find a lovely lot only to discover when I place it because of the layout of the lot the front door can't face the street because it was made with the other lot orientation.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Btw can you add the world map and lot sizes to the opening post so its easier to find I keep trying to guess which page they're on :lol:

like this at least

seems like its possibly the 40x20 lot the one surrounded by the roads interesting
    I already know I'm gonna be wasting so many hours on it only to bulldoze it probably 100 times

I was eyeing that 64x64 lot for a community lot. I'm currently building that lot on 50x50 in Oasis Springs but I think it would fit in aesthetically with San Sequoia too. I wanted a 64x64 but the one in Del Sol Valley feels more residential than business/community and that extra 14x14 would make building so much easier.

like yes we have the big lot in gilbert gardens but it doesn't scream "this has to be mansion nothing else will make sense with how this lot is surrounded"

and the other big lots are also in areas that could either be community lots or just like normie houses

one thing that too is rather interesting is that we have lots of wide lots this time like as opposed to having big backyards like we usually end up having in willow creek and newcrest

might be good or not

The only lot that really comes close to that mansion feel is the 50x40 in Hopewell Hills. But I can think of other uses for that like some sort of park. The 50x40 next the wharf is definitely becoming a combination restaurant and nightclub. That 30x20 next to it feels like a cafe with al fresco dining with a view of the ocean.

The weirdest thing to me is that 40x20 lot in Gilbert Gardens. The only other 40x20 I can recall is the one in Newcrest and it was a pain to find lots to download because it was such a one-off thing that nobody really built anything for it. Now that I've caught the builder bug I'm looking forward to seeing it in game. It looks like it's a corner lot which gives us more freedom to create with. When I do download a lot it really gets my OCD going to find a lovely lot only to discover when I place it because of the layout of the lot the front door can't face the street because it was made with the other lot orientation.

It's possible to rotate lots when you place them and after you place them, so they face the right way towards the street.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited March 2023
    The weirdest thing to me is that 40x20 lot in Gilbert Gardens. The only other 40x20 I can recall is the one in Newcrest and it was a pain to find lots to download because it was such a one-off thing that nobody really built anything for it.
    That one was such a pain! 40x20... Who even comes up with a weird size like that, and what are you supposed to build on it? It seems like even the developers aren't sure, since we only have two of these weirdos so far and they're both empty, so we, the players, can rack our brains about it instead.

crocobaura wrote: »
    It's possible to rotate lots when you place them and after you place them, so they face the right way towards the street.
    You can rotate the house and its surroundings on the lot, but not the lot itself. Depending on how the house is built, this can become a problem. If I had a simoleon for every time I tried to place a house from the gallery somewhere, but the wrong side was facing the street and I couldn't easily change it without destroying the entire layout, I could buy the entire TS4 collection again.
    The weirdest thing to me is that 40x20 lot in Gilbert Gardens. The only other 40x20 I can recall is the one in Newcrest and it was a pain to find lots to download because it was such a one-off thing that nobody really built anything for it.
    That one was such a pain! 40x20... Who even comes up with a weird size like that, and what are you supposed to build on it? It seems like even the developers aren't sure, since we only have two of these weirdos so far and they're both empty, so we, the players, can rack our brains about it instead.

You can rotate the house and its surroundings on the lot, but not the lot itself. Depending on how the house is built, this can become a problem. If I had a simoleon for every time I tried to place a house from the gallery somewhere, but the wrong side was facing the street and I couldn't easily change it without destroying the entire layout, I could buy the entire TS4 collection again.

You just need to look for a bigger lot that accommodates the lot you're trying to place down entirely, then you can rotate it any way you want. You can even place the same lot several times in a larger lot. But I agree that it's easier to just download lots that were created for that specific lot address. Even so, I've seen people on Youtube build with the front of the house facing backwards to the back of the lot because the lightning was better on that side of the lot and it looked better on Youtube.
    edited March 2023

It is such an awkward shape. Do you build a wide home with no backyard? Or do you build skinny but have a big backyard? My thought right now is a house like you have on a 30x20 set against one side of the lot and then use the big open space for a treehouse and kids play area. A water slide or something like that. Even with that it’s still a really odd lot to do much with.

like this at least

might be good or not

True, but there are some lots that when you turn them 90 degrees to have the door face the right way you lose some things near the edges too. Sometimes I look at what would be lost if I rotate the lot and think, I can live without this. More often I don’t like that because it throws everything ‘off’. That’s just one of my quirks.😉

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    You just need to look for a bigger lot that accommodates the lot you're trying to place down entirely, then you can rotate it any way you want.
    Of course, but sometimes there is no bigger lot in the neighbourhood you want, or it's already occupied. I really wish they would bring back the system from TS2 where we could just place or own lots in any size and orientation we wanted, or at least let us rotate the uneven lots.

It is such an awkward shape. Do you build a wide home with no backyard? Or do you build skinny but have a big backyard? My thought right now is a house like you have on a 30x20 set against one side of the lot and then use the big open space for a treehouse and kids play area. A water slide or something like that. Even with that it’s still a really odd lot to do much with.
    That's actually a really good idea! Perhaps the 40x20 lot in San Sequoia was indeed made that way with the treehouse in mind. A farm would also be a possibility, because those cowsheds take up a lot of space and are nearly impossible to put on smaller lots while also leaving some room for your actual sims.
    @GrumpyGlowfish That’s a great use too. You can have a big garden area and not have to sacrifice space in the home or need a huge lot.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

like this at least

might be good or not

Is that really a lot though or just one of those spaces we can't build on like the carnival in Copperdale?

hm? the 64x64 is a lot? so we can build whatever we want I think

mansion in Gilbert is just set dressing tho if thats what you meant and splash pad is not on a lot

I just meant we don't have lots that are placed like say hounds head in brindleton where there is this huge lot with the fancy driveway and if you put like say small house on it would look so dang out of place

so tired of that type of lots

I was talking about the splash pad and crocodile pond that they said were in Gilbert Gardens. I thought you were talking about Gilbert Gardens were those are located at.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I'm building 2 townhouses on a 20x20 lot as thinking I may put it on the 40x20 lot, maybe centering it and having a good size yard on either side for each. Not sure how many spaces the tree house will take up. I enjoy having 2 families getting to know each other and becoming friends, or starting with 2 singles to develop a relationship on the same lot which either apartments or duplexes. That lot might be perfect for my plan!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited March 2023

like this at least

might be good or not

I'm thinking of good old one story rectangle for for the 40x20 :lol: either in similar style to the mansion shell in gilbert or then it'll be like modern block of glass

what it will be used for is mystery yet but I am leaning towards community lot of some kind due to all sides being roads

and since theres splash pad n park stuff in gilbert probably something for like daytime family activities rather than the... opposite :lol:

*note to self*
    not a vampire lair
    not weird nightclub
    not Greg

hmm actually maybe retail could be fun
    little flower shop or something

not selling motherplant and cowplants
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2023

I agree and for me I hate rotating the house because the lot does not rotate and if EA/Maxis had allowed the person to rotate the lot, it would be better than altering my plans and looking for a bigger lot, if one can found and I do not see it as beneficial or a plus, it is a minus or take away.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I have gotten over my disappointment of San Sequoia. It makes sense that the gameplay, not the world, was the focus of this pack and I'd rather have it that way (glances warily at MWS). That being said, as a former Bay Area resident basically every neighborhood except the really sleepy one will be razed to the ground. I'll be downloading townhouses, community lots, and apartment complexes and replacing everything in sight.

The good news is at least the "set dressing" looks accurate-ish. It's just the lots themselves that look really weirdly out of place.

The really sleepy neighborhood with the Sequoia tree does make sense. If you cross the bridges you do see more upscale, single family homes.

• DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I'm building 2 townhouses on a 20x20 lot as thinking I may put it on the 40x20 lot, maybe centering it and having a good size yard on either side for each. Not sure how many spaces the tree house will take up. I enjoy having 2 families getting to know each other and becoming friends, or starting with 2 singles to develop a relationship on the same lot which either apartments or duplexes. That lot might be perfect for my plan!

I counted it. It's 9X9 tiles.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member

like this at least

might be good or not

Tartosa has a 40x20 lot. The one on the beach.

But you are right there are barely any builds in that size. As a non-builder, I'm hoping this inspires some.

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

That 40x20 lot is definitely calling out to me for a row of townhouses; it seems meant to be.

The lilsimsie townhouses lot I downloaded years ago is unfortunately currently on a 30x30 lot. I think I can update it, though, by removing the individual little patio areas at the back and replacing them with a communal garden area on the side of the lot, which will hopefully make it fit on the 40x20 lot. If that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to wait, but I feel certain that eventually people will create several several townhouse options to fit that space. (I'd honestly be surprised if Simsie herself didn't revisit the idea of townhouses for this pack, sooner or later.)

I've also been rethinking some of my previous ideas for Anchorpoint Wharf. I do still think I'd like to try out the idea of a community lot used for seasonal festivals where the library is now (though I'm first saving Deligracy's lot to my library, because I do like it, just not for that location!). I think I will also probably still put a restaurant or a cafe on one of the 30x20 lots, tbd once I get a better look at the neighborhood. (If I like the existing house that's on one of them, I could always just flip it to the empty 30x20, depending on which location seems best suited for my restaurant.) If I don't end up liking the premade house, I'll probably just replace it with an individual townhouse from the gallery.

But now I'm thinking that I may bulldoze the Robles house on the Anchorpoint Wharf 50x40 lot. I wasn't that impressed with it, and we also don't get that many lots that specific size; it seems like a perfect opportunity to make use of those premade wedding venues that they popped into our libraries for MWS. Four out of five of those are 50x40. I may just add and remove them on a rotating basis, depending on the couple that is getting married next, and pretend that it's the same wedding venue, just decorated differently for each couple's needs.

I also found a replica of Halliwell Manor, from Charmed (the original Charmed!) on the gallery, and I'm so tempted to use it, but it's a 50x50, which is challenging. If I could only find a smaller version, I bet it would look great in Hopewell Hills.

I will probably tweak the existing (Michaelson and Lumberjackson?) homes we saw, but keep them. That leaves three other premade homes we haven't really seen, but I'm guessing it will be the same for those. The real wild card for me is what to do with the empty 30x20 lot in Hopewell Hills. It looks like a great spot, so I'm going to have to really think it through.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I built a Halliwell Manor on a 20x30 lot. It may not be an exact replica as I built it early on in the game. It has the potential to be better now with all the packs we have.

I am liking the new world but I love all the worlds. I think they do a really good job on them. I'm not even upset about having 12 lots only, kinda use to it now. I really can't wait to see more of it when the embargo ends and its release. Since I'm waiting to get it I look forward to the picture thread.
    WbUrFQm.png
    I'm thinking of good old one story rectangle for for the 40x20 :lol: either in similar style to the mansion shell in gilbert or then it'll be like modern block of glass

what it will be used for is mystery yet but I am leaning towards community lot of some kind due to all sides being roads

and since theres splash pad n park stuff in gilbert probably something for like daytime family activities rather than the... opposite :lol:

*note to self*
    not a vampire lair
    not weird nightclub
    not Greg

hmm actually maybe retail could be fun
    little flower shop or something

not selling motherplant and cowplants

You don't have to sell cowplants you just need one that's fully grown and always hungry. Then you can start your own 'Little Shop of Horrors'.😉 You could have the cowplant be the complaint department.

@Evilyn_1007 I forgot about that one. I had it in my head that was a 40x30 for some reason. As much time as I spend in Tartosa I should have remembered that.

@Amapola76 Townhouses are a perfect use for that lot! The idea for wedding venues is great too. It would be even better if you get a really good unobstructed sunset there.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I really, really hope that Agnes Crumplebottom can't visit San Sequoia.
    She's so way annoying than Vlad. :s
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    You just need to look for a bigger lot that accommodates the lot you're trying to place down entirely, then you can rotate it any way you want. You can even place the same lot several times in a larger lot. But I agree that it's easier to just download lots that were created for that specific lot address. Even so, I've seen people on Youtube build with the front of the house facing backwards to the back of the lot because the lightning was better on that side of the lot and it looked better on Youtube.

Wait! Maybe I'm not fully understanding that statement you made.

Do you mean, let's say for example. I have a house on a 20x15 lot and I want to place 2 of those houses on a bigger lot (like a 40x30 lot), so there's technically twin houses on one lot?

If that's what you mean?

And if so how do you do that? Whenever I place a lot it deletes the current lot.

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member

Do you mean, let's say for example. I have a house on a 20x15 lot and I want to place 2 of those houses on a bigger lot (like a 40x30 lot), so there's technically twin houses on one lot?

If that's what you mean?

And if so how do you do that? Whenever I place a lot it deletes the current lot.

Save the smaller house as a room. As long as you place that room on a larger lot, you can fit more than one. If it has multiple floors, save each floor separately. To turn it into a room, delete some interior walls. I've done this with entire basements, so the only limit is the size of the lot. It's also how people are able to save apartments to the gallery.
    image.png
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @DragonAge_300905 Thank you for the information! Bigger than I thought so now all my sims will need bigger lots!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »

If that's what you mean?

Save the smaller house as a room. As long as you place that room on a larger lot, you can fit more than one. If it has multiple floors, save each floor separately. To turn it into a room, delete some interior walls. I've done this with entire basements, so the only limit is the size of the lot. It's also how people are able to save apartments to the gallery.

Wait...wut??
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I'm hoping one of my favorite builders builds San Francisco inspired townhouses on the 40×20 lot. It seems like the perfect lot for townhouses
    SimTresa wrote: »

If that's what you mean?

Yes, this basically. Place the lot, then turn each floor into a room and copy as many times you need. This lot below took about 10 minutes to set up, and there are four rooms in each tiny house.

qCyTxMi.png

x8rv2Fv.png