Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite feature in EP13 Growing Together ?

What is your favorite feature in EP13 Growing Together ? 79 votes

Family Dynamic
18%
Alexaipendragon1980Jonathan777Serendipity38BabykittyjadeNinja-Dan22ThisSentenceIsALieChadSims2pinneduphairWildIrishBansheeJustinB113Sapphire769RandomTokenCodeskipsinisterlemons 15 votes
Milestones
7%
Icewolfmlmeadowslemonellaphunktasticjoe89GrumpyGlowfishSharonia 6 votes
Social Compatibility
24%
CK213danacnbrettkerryemmiebethfreindlylolg01denswansnarkysimsSimplyJenPlumbobCrossingEmmaVanemusteniLouise_G0325TTNsimmerRavenSpitDaepheneDaWaterRattelemwillIsharelllexibeefae_brass 19 votes
Self Discovery ( +3 Trait slots)
8%
LeGardePourpreOolonglongWrathSixxashcrash19StarfreeBooDaBoo5jennieeffin 7 votes
Workplace Rival and Drama
1%
GoddessSelene 1 vote
Confidence / Self-Esteem fluctuating trait
0%
Stay Over
2%
PinkHairGuitarRedShoe7 2 votes
Infant/Toddler Quirks
7%
Akl500Pbandit5YamineHeartstnb494SheepilingBlueR0se 6 votes
I don't know
13%
Kamb64rudolphaDijktafonekokoro80goodcakebaker62DragonAge_300905RedDestiny92DaniRose2143PeralKimmerAnastasia_B15 11 votes
Other choice ...
15%
crocobauraGalacticGalmaggiemae8135Paigeisin5mitchiebanjoMVWdeZTWinifred_WillowEnkiSchmidtEvilyn_1007SERVERFRAAmapola76shobontea 12 votes

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think it's way too early to say since I haven't actually played with the pack yet.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited March 2023
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Other choice ...
    The buymode stuff: teaching kids to bike, portable dressers (suitcases), sleeping bags, splash pads, infant carrier and especially the treehouses that sims must build with their own hands. I'm not sure what the mementos like the tooth fairy certificate fall under, but I'm looking forward to getting those, too.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    Family Dynamic
    Family dynamic for sure. I’m not expecting it to be hugely in depth, the strict one just seemed to say that they’d both be a bit more tense and the older sim would make the younger sim clean and things.. and I expect only a few unique interactions.

But I feel this will really help with imagination. And will really add to the game with the extra traits and the social compatibility and new dialogue tree as well. It all feels like one big feature rather than a bunch smaller ones.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Social Compatibility
    I picked social compatibility since this is something I've used mods for in the past. But I'm excited about so much. Really looking forward to all of it!
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    I don't know
    I have to go with I don't know since I really don't know what's in the pack. I couldn't hear the live stream so that makes it hard to know what's in the pack. They're putting the early access off to next week and that makes me wonder if it's too buggy to show sooner. I lost anticipation for this pack with the little amount of info I can get for what it contains.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Other choice ...
    I'm cautious of new systems so try not to get excited by those. Though I am excited for milestones.

I'm more excited about the new events, kid bikes, and the treehouses.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Other choice ...
    Some of these are more or less equal for me. But I'd say I'm most looking forward to Self Discovery(+3 Trait Slots), Family Dynamic/Social Compatibility, Infant/Toddler Quirks, and Milestones.

But absolutely, it will ultimately depend on how well they all actually work.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Infant/Toddler Quirks
    The infant update and all the new activities for toddlers, children, and infants coming with the pack are the selling point for me! We've been in dire need of new family activities for a loooong time.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Social Compatibility
    Social Compatibility seems like it could function similar to the chemistry/attraction system in TS2 & TS3. Maybe I'm too hopeful.

Science babies is also something I'm looking forward to.

The livestream was a lot of chatting. Not a lot was shown... only briefly explained. Interested in seeing more information from early access videos. I'm not totally jazzed about this EP as a whole just yet.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Social Compatibility
    Social Compatibility
    Family Dynamic
    Self Discovery
    So far those are the 3 features that I am looking foward to most.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Family Dynamic
    Obviously without seeing the game play in action family dynamics is what I'm most interested in I'm so tired of every Sim getting along but will it actually work.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Other choice ...
    What I've seen so far. I would say all the above, including the new world. ;)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    @shobontea Yes they are!
    gen3-banner.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    1. Froggy sleeping bag
    2. Treehouse
    3. Infant milestones and being able to teach them things
    4. Froggy sleeping bag, again
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited March 2023
    I think milestones and compatibility

milestones remind me ts2 memories
    which i love

and new likes and dislikes compatibilty thing remind me of how in ts1 you actually had to know what sims like talking about and they actually wouldn't just love every interaction

and in ts2 we had turn ons and turn offs that also slightly slot into it with the whole liked traits disliked traits thing

honestly though I am quite excited for most of the pack (+Kyle) i just hope it lives up to hype and doesn't do last minute mws
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm either gonna love or hate the unannounced Stay Overs :)

It could be just my kind of weird, or it could really get in the way and/or be nonsense. (I'm looking at you, High School Years best friend and prom invite barging in over and over.)

gen3-banner.png
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    Milestones
    I literally don’t even want to play my game right now because I don’t want to miss out on any potential milestones for my current sim!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited March 2023
    jpajari wrote: »
    I literally don’t even want to play my game right now because I don’t want to miss out on any potential milestones for my current sim!

this :lol: I was thinking of playing something and I was like " but then my sims can't remember it :( " guess I'll only have to do things not worth remembering :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Family Dynamic
    Simmingal wrote: »
    jpajari wrote: »

this :lol: I was thinking of playing something and I was like " but then my sims can't remember it :( " guess I'll only have to do things not worth remembering :lol:

And this is why my saves are getting wiped - but I just recently restarted, so I'm not losing a lot either lol.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Milestones
    Well, they all look pretty exciting, so it's hard to pick. I think I'd go with milestones, because it's something that can affect all sims whether they have friends and families or not, and I've been asking for some kind of memory system for a while. That being said, I hope it won't make loading times even longer than they are now, and that sims won't constantly act weird because of some random memory. Because that's the thing with TS4: As cool as some features sound on paper, they often tend to turn out overly intrusive and annoying in actual gameplay (life styles, wants and fears).

One thing I have very mixed feelings about is workplace rivalry. I guess it hits a little too close to home, because everywhere I've worked so far, there was that one (usually female) co-worker who just seemed to hate me for no apparent reason, and unlike in the game, I couldn't just, ahem... "deal with" her. Then again, I can see how this could enrich the experience of some of my sims, and I'll just wait and see how it's implemented before judging.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I don't know
    I have to play it first to decide. I like all of the options and I probably can't choose a favorite even afterwards.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    I really think family dynamics and social chemistry have a lot of potential but so did wants and fears and eco, snowy escape lifestyles and eco lifestyle NAP's. I need to see these systems in action before I can say if one of them is going to be my favourite. If they are implemented well, they can really improve the game. I think for the family dynamics and the social chemistry it is all about subtlety. These systems should be back ground mechanics and not in our face.

I think milestones will be great. Finally something similar to memories in the sims 2. But again, I want to see it in action before making up my mind.

Right now I am more looking forward to the 'smaller' features : a new hiking path, a customisable tree house, more board games, a kids bike, a family reunion social event,...
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think it's way too early to say since I haven't actually played with the pack yet.

I agree to early to tell
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member
    Family Dynamic
    Family Dynamics, Social Compatibility, and toddler/infant quirks are all big selling points for me, but I think Family dynamics is the absolute biggest one! Looking forward to discover how this affects gameplay and sims interactions :)
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ