Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing together early access?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    That's a little disappointed. I was low key hoping for the content at the end of this week. If this is to fix bugs, then great, but after HSY hype I'm not going to fall for this again. Before I buy, I need to know if these new conversation preferences and compatibility aren't going to break all the relationships and make sims miserable.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    i was almost right i said early access be at around patch time.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think they are fixing some last minute bugs. If the early access footage has disclaimers about "Not final software" then that is the most likely scenario. Better they get them fixed before giving access to a large number of players (even GC/CN folk) as a lot pf people rely on reviews before buying packs.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Wow, this is late, but I am somewhat glad as said. But makes the wait even longer...
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    It's become really sad that after MWS, HSY and multiple game breaking patches, I no longer trust new content to be working on release. I am so desperate for all this new content too, but I won't be updating the game or purchasing anything until I know what it's broken. If they are holding back to fix bugs, I guess that is a good thing, but still makes me worry what it will be like on release.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    No one can blame you for being cautious after the many glitchy packs and updates that have been difficult to deal with. I am dealing with not being able to play my game because of the EA App's many issues. The trust I once had in EA's capabilities is irretrievably broken right now. All because of an app I am forced to use. And right now, I'm not sure if that will be fixed so I can play Sims4 at all in the future. As of yesterday, the EA App has been unable to load the game. Before that I was unable to disable some packs I no longer want. And last night I found out the embargo won't be lifted until the day before the infant update. This all began when I was no longer able to use Origin, and I am not happy. Just sad. Sad because the pack I have been waiting for since 2017 might not make it into my game because I can't access my game. I have visited the app's help site, tried some things that worked for other players, and nothing I have tried so far has worked. So, if the embargo has not yet been lifted because of lingering issues with the pack and update, I sure hope they are also working on the app itself. :/
  • Options
    ash00aash00a Posts: 1 New Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > Embargo lifts on Monday March 13 at 10am PT. For a small number of creators.
    > All other GameChangers/Creator Network will have access on release day

Thank you for letting us know ! How did you find out ?

Also, can we all agree that there's a difference between content creators gaining 'early access' to a new pack closer to release, where they are free to post, basically, whatever they like - and then - the 'embargo lift' for pre-recorded content from when they initially got to play an early version of the pack ?
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    The people that get the really early access usually are people that will say good things even if the pack is buggy. No shade on them, they are in a good position and obviously don’t want to lose it.

But if you’re waiting for a reviewer to tell you the pack is buggy and you should wait for a sale, I personally wouldn’t rely on the ones who built houses for the pack.

Kinda just wish we all got it at the same time.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Embargo lifts on Monday March 13 at 10am PT. For a small number of creators.
    All other GameChangers/Creator Network will have access on release day

I wonder if they aren’t doing early access for more creators because of infants? As much as I would love to see more, we’ve waited this long already—what’s one more week? :D It might be nice having everything be more of a “surprise” on release day, lol. :D

• Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Thank you @simgirl1010 for the information about Embargo information. Wish it was earlier, but it is what it is. I am looking forward to the game release and the update even the bugs that go along. I don't have to many bugs in my game, but I have a newer laptop thanks to my son. He bought me a new laptop in 2022.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    When is the patch coming out?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited March 2023
    Next Tuesday the 14th.