Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Funeral Stories

lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
So for sometime before Growing Together was announced, we had been speculating the EP will contain funerals and maybe Grim Reaper Career but it seems like it's not the case. So what do you think about gamepack with funerals? Something like My Wedding Stories but with funerals. For example in could contain of:
- funeral organisation as an event, obviously
- functional graveyard lot type
- working as a Grim Reaper
- possibility to come back and play as a zombie
-differnt tombstone types, basing on aspiration, number of satisfaction points
Your thoughts?
Post edited by lunnarila on

Comments

• RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I would love to have a functional graveyard lot and funeral organisation. Zombies maybe but not like we had in Sims 3.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited March 2023
    it could be fun
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I'd be all for that! Creatable zombies in CAS though please lol.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    edited March 2023
    I would so love a working career where you start out as a graveyard caretaker, working your way up, caretaker -> burial ceremony handler -> graveyard manager -> graveyard master and eventually getting noticed by a supernatural entity, becoming an assistant for his trainees -> becoming a trainee -> finally becoming a Reaper. On the highest level of this career, your Sim will be granted immortality as long as they hold said position. Just because Grim has all the time in the world to train new recruits, doesn't mean he likes losing hardworking colleagues.

I'm unsure if the laws of Grim would allow your Sim to handle deaths in the family, maybe your Sim would have the option to call in a favor from Grim when he shows up, giving your Sim one week extra, but then Grim *will* do his job. Or my preferred option, your Grim Sim can call a heavenly elevator, that will take said Sim to his or her rightful place. I don't need to tell you where an evil Sim could send that elevator, will I?

There's so much a pack like this could give us both in career, b/b, Occult lifestate and CAS, I don't have the energy to write it all down. Lots and lots of spiritual things, an altar with various blessings for a Sim and torn-up clothes fit for a zombie.

EDIT: While I like the ideas of zombies, I don't want the game to spawn them like it does with the other Occults. Zombies should be created and handled by the players only. Perhaps an event where a neighbour is risking a zombie spawn, and you'd have to call some professionals to handle said matter.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    I love this GP, now I am using the Graveyard mod by chippedsims, in which there is a witching time for some paranormal things haunting.
    As for zombies, I tend to what they are filthy creatures with a bit of sanity for apologies. It is an excellent chance to bring them back.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    I would love to have a functional graveyard lot and funeral organisation. Zombies maybe but not like we had in Sims 3.

I exactly mean zombies from Sims 2 when you could ressurect sim as a zombie and fully control them. Zombies in sims3 were annoying but at least there
    I love this GP, now I am using the Graveyard mod by chippedsims, in which there is a witching time for some paranormal things haunting.
    As for zombies, I tend to what they are filthy creatures with a bit of sanity for apologies. It is an excellent chance to bring them back.
    I usually pick a public lot and build graveyard myself or download it, it functions as a park or its not assigned to any category of lot but its not the same

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I like the way death is handled now. I wouldn't want to see elaborate funerals for my sims. That sounds depressing.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I wouldn't mind having the individual features, but a whole pack seems like a lot. Maybe in a few years, if we already have fairies, horses, cars, hotels, bands, etc., at that point.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind having the individual features, but a whole pack seems like a lot. Maybe in a few years, if we already have fairies, horses, cars, hotels, bands, etc., at that point.

I mean death and funerals are important and essential part of life and this is what simulation game is about
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Unfortunately, I doubt we would get this but it could be interesting and fun. I would expect drama. I want fights at will readings and, of course, someone jumping into the grave as a prank or in grief-striken hysteria. Fights at the viewing. Someone could steal flowers from the graves and sell them. the funeral director can repossess items from a household that doesn't pay off the bill for a loved one's funeral. It could tie into occult gameplay as well, with Vampires rising from the grave/casket, and Vampire Hunters lurking around suspect graves, stakes at the ready. If they wanted to get really gruesome they could have dogs and werewolves digging up graves and dashing off with bones...no, that would never happen in this game. >:)

Bonus if they made the coffin/casket a Woohoo spot. I don't suppose they'd let the sims do that in a coffin that was in use, but imagine the dramatic possibilities! "How dare you woohoo in grandpa's coffin - he wasn't even buried yet!"
    Isharell wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I doubt we would get this but it could be interesting and fun. I would expect drama. I want fights at will readings and, of course, someone jumping into the grave as a prank or in grief-striken hysteria. Fights at the viewing. Someone could steal flowers from the graves and sell them. the funeral director can repossess items from a household that doesn't pay off the bill for a loved one's funeral. It could tie into occult gameplay as well, with Vampires rising from the grave/casket, and Vampire Hunters lurking around suspect graves, stakes at the ready. If they wanted to get really gruesome they could have dogs and werewolves digging up graves and dashing off with bones...no, that would never happen in this game. >:)

Bonus if they made the coffin/casket a Woohoo spot. I don't suppose they'd let the sims do that in a coffin that was in use, but imagine the dramatic possibilities! "How dare you woohoo in grandpa's coffin - he wasn't even buried yet!"

Actually it isn't so far-fetched. Funerals had been very highly speculated before announcement of Growing Together due to some subtle hints. And Grim Reaper career was one of the options in Paranormal stuffpack survey. We ended up with paranormal investigator but who know what next packs bring
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    I would love if zombies and Ghosts could be created in CAS with a pack like this. And of course the possibility to give our zombies normal walking styles or zombie style (cause in the Sims 3 they took forver to walk).

However if the setting is egypt, China or Latin America, they could add mommys instead (with the ability to summon locusts or beetles but I'm reaching here)
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I agree @lunnarila the zombies from sims 2 would be better and yes the ones in sims 3 were a little of a pain especially if you had a garden and did not fence it in. @RandomTokenCode I am going to check that mod out that you mentioned.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited March 2023
    Personally for me, I don't want funerals. I like to try and escape from anything miserable in my game lol. Zombies have never appealed to me either.
  • ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    Zombies Funerals and Grim Reaper Career gamepack please!
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    The Sims 4 - My Undead Life Stories

... kinda has a nice ring to it. :D

- zombies (playable)
    - mummies (playable)
    - voodoo-casters (like spellcasters)
    - funerals
    - funeral director career
    - grim reaper career
    - gravedigger career
    - new lot type: graveyards
    - new lot type: funeral homes
    - new traits: creepy, loves eating brains, taphophile
    - a small spooky world with fog and swamps

Count me in, I'd buy it!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    lunnarila wrote: »
    So for sometime before Growing Together was announced, we had been speculating the EP will contain funerals and maybe Grim Reaper Career but it seems like it's not the case. So what do you think about gamepack with funerals? Something like My Wedding Stories but with funerals. For example in could contain of:
    - funeral organisation as an event, obviously
    - functional graveyard lot type
    - working as a Grim Reaper
    - possibility to come back and play as a zombie
    -differnt tombstone types, basing on aspiration, number of satisfaction points
    Your thoughts?

I would enjoy that.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

- zombies (playable)
    - mummies (playable)
    - funerals
    - grim reaper career
    - gravedigger career

Count me in, I'd buy it!

I would die for this.
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member

- zombies (playable)
    - mummies (playable)
    - funerals
    - grim reaper career
    - gravedigger career

Count me in, I'd buy it!

I would be all over this! A live in mortuary would be fangtastic. Crypt keeper position at the cemetery. 🪦
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    call me kevin did a suggestion for this his was funny I think they should have him be the trailer narrator for the pack if they do it
    it starts at 2;02 in the video
    https://youtu.be/QCT3HggaGK4?t=123
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Actually they did mention stuff like this a long time ago when they was talking about the community packs that we make together and vote on. I think it was called dangerous stuff or something like that. I would like different types of urns to and a graveyard and flower to give life like in the Sims 3. I'm amazed that this long has passed without graveyards being added. I was thinking ghosts going to a new hood only for ghosts Sim Haven or Simreapersville or something like that. Good ones can only go to the good one if they are released by a relative to go there or released by themselves. You could get the ghost completely out of your house by deciding to let them go in a special menu. Cloud houses and caves for the bad ghosts.
  • OkayLazySimOkayLazySim Posts: 40 Member
    "GET BURRIED"

But honestly, it's a cool idea. Perhaps it could be implemented with a game pack surrounding the elderly, where there are more activities related to their needs and abilities.
    Food Stall Activist Group
    For food stalls in each neighborhood and cool vendors who don't care for explosions
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    I'd love a funeral event in the Sims 4 and a graveyard lot type.

I always hold a funeral event in my game for years now (with my funeral mod) and I never get tired of it. It's just a proper way of saying goodbye to a deceased Sim.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 297 Member
    Zombies from sims 2 that could be resurrected and the more money you pay the more normal they come back and the less you pay the more of a zombie they are. I wouldn’t mind a whole game pack dedicated to zombies and graveyards.