Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life by You vs. Sims 5 (Rene)? Rod Humble and Paradox's Life Simulation Game

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I just hope they all don't release within months of each other. I'd like more time in between releases to get familiar with them all
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Not going to lie, a beach littered with hopefully interactive objects in a basegame makes me excited for this game. The buoy close to the water suggests ocean swimming and a sim (?) is shown digging in the sand.

With a little luck this one, Paralives and Rene release spaced out so that they aren't direct rivals for my money.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    The bus caught my attention the most! I would love some public transportation options!
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    The bus caught my attention the most! I would love some public transportation options!

Hopefully, we can do actions on the bus.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited March 2023
    Looks good!

I had to re-play it on slow-mo lol

These are the things I noticed:

World appears to be open, there are hills you can walk down. Someone doing yoga outside
    KLBo9ck.png

I saw what appeared to be fake buildings, based upon not being able to see through the windows. Could be cause it's still early in production
    nIQEWgn.png

People conversing on lot
    VLXQj8j.png

Looks like players might be confined to building on a single lot with a grid
    I5MxAVY.png

Different Roof Options
    HONd2FQ.png

Possible Curved Walls (I can't tell if that's just a corner or curved wall corner tool)
    OUV6ncp.png

Romance! (Possible height difference? Can't tell with that hugging pose)
    Stairs are ridiculously STEEP!
    Child Character!
    mQLSI2c.png

Someone is watering the indoor plants! ***NOTE: I blew the image up so you could see it better, that's why it's blurry. Also I have NO IDEA what this person is wearing! It looks like fishing waders that are falling down LOL
    xpcB38U.png

1/2 Counters! But, it also looks like players will be confined to some sort of slot (predefined area) on where you can place items on the counter based upon the spacing/location of these items on the counter
    nmzIvj9.png

Beach Area - Sunbathers, Kid digging in Sand (but only at the edge of the water, nobody is actually out IN the water, Person walking on beach, volleyball net (possibly just deco item)
    KgapdcN.png

Can't wait to hear/see more on March 20!!

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Looking very promising. Serious, well done competition is what just might stir up the current stagnation.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    The characters look as ugly as Paralives'. Hopefully they improve. :/
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I don't expect it to dethrone The Sims series but even if Paradox takes a couple of percent of TS players it will be a huge hit for EA. I only hope that EA will finally stop doing half-baked products with ridiculous excuses.
  • SimlingtonSimlington Posts: 26 Member
    I was way off. :p

Skylines II also being announced is interesting, I wonder if there will be a Sim City/The Sims type of connection between the two.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I'm not a fan of the somewhat realistic art style with this.

I prefer the cartoony styles of TS4 and the upcoming Paralives game. Stylised games tend to age better too.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm not impressed by the saturated colors, the characters look buggy and ugly.
    I put this game in the same category as TS3 which was also developed by Rod Humble.

You will notice the announcement is the week after the launch of EP13 Growing Together.

Now I understand why Maxis was so hurry to make TS4 Free-To-Play and show an early version of Project Rene a few months ago.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    I just hope they all don't release within months of each other. I'd like more time in between releases to get familiar with them all

I don't think we have to worry about that.Releasing them together would be terrible.Since this started development in 2019, and was a team project.I imagine this will come out very soon .Either this year or early next year.Paralives probably won't come in a couple years or maybe a beta late this year.
    Project Rene is not even close being done.Will probably have to wait a few years .
    edited March 2023
    What if we can import Cities Skylines maps into Life By You for new neighborhoods?
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 77 Member
    Oh I like the look of this. Great name. Hope it's an open world
    edited March 2023
    It will be interesting to see how Maxis will react to the game of this former VP/GM of the studio.

See what lessons Maxis and Rod Humble learnt from their experience with The Sims.
  • cholesterolcholesterol Posts: 21 Member
    > @Simlington said:
    > I was way off. :p
    >
    > Skylines II also being announced is interesting, I wonder if there will be a Sim City/The Sims type of connection between the two.

They share the same ingame currency so maybe…
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited March 2023
    What if we can import Cities Skylines maps into Life By You for new neighborhoods?
    That would be a dream come true after dealing with Sims 4 tiny worlds for years now. I really want to get back to creating and designing my own worlds.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited March 2023
    The furniture in their teaser is definitely more of my style! I’ll definitely check out any competitors if they look good enough, but that’s just because the Sims is my favorite game so I’d probably love anything similar. :) I think that some competition will be good for the Sims franchise, too.

My only concern, however, is that I sometimes get overwhelmed with all of the choices in the Sims. I can’t imagine handling multiple games, LOL!
    edited March 2023
    Cities Skylines 2 trailer got a "Not Actual Gameplay" but it's way more beautiful.
    The Sims, Paralives and Life For You looks old compared to this trailer.

Maybe I want too much a game more realistic with vibrant cities like the other video games.

That's depressing that the life simulation will never reach this level of quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdD66WGBVHM
    Cities Skylines 2 trailer got a "Not Actual Gameplay" but it's way more beautiful.
    The Sims, Paralives and Life For You looks old compared to this trailer.

Maybe I want too much a game more realistic with vibrant cities like the other video games.

That's depressing that the life simulation will never reach this level of quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdD66WGBVHM

I wonder since skylines says wishlist on steam and it says it will come later this year.Meaning at the announcement Life by you will be coming later this year as well.^^
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Finally, there's competion. Yipee!! :p
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    Can't say which game I will decide to support at this point. I'm in wait and see mode atm. I will say that I agree with other simmers who have said that competition is good for us.

I do know that my trust in EA was broken years ago. So it will take a lot for me to buy anything that EA is selling. I'm concerned that the direction that EA is going since S4 is not a direction in which I'm interested in going. So it's refreshing to know that I will probably have other options available since I really do love life simulator games.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited March 2023
    Life by You looks like a sims 3 type of game, I am looking forward to it, a current gen (or next gen) open world life sim that is much like sims 3 is something I always wanted to play. :)
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Woot! So excited to learn more!
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top