Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Growing Together?

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Yes. Before April 27 to get the extra content.
    As soon as my essential mods are updated, I will purchase
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes. Release day purchase.
    I'm disappointed with the world size, but I also want more family related activities, which seems to look promising in this pack.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    I’m honestly super excited for this pack, and already preordered! That said, it releases in the midst of my spring break when I’ll be on a trip, so I won’t be able to play when it first releases. I’m honestly so excited, this almost overshadows my spring break.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    I have already bought it. I can't wait till release day.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    I already pre-ordered. I have never gotten over the fear from cottage living bike fiasco when it didn't show up in my account. Nor the fact that the family portrait kept going in and out of my owned content. Idk if it's even there anymore.

I refuse to miss any more content. If the content was available without a time limit i might've waited. But this way it's already paid for. That aside I'm not installing until all my mods update. I will watch the early access as soon as those come out. And then all the simmers who experience the bugs.

Though I do wonder if anyone will actually end up playing it in the 1st few weeks other than modders and those youtubers. Because I feel like after the Wedding, Werewolves, and High School Years fiasco, no regular simmers are gonna touch the pack until the all clears come. And then wait another week or so after that.

One giant patch, plus an EP, I'll play in April.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Yes. Release day purchase.
    More than likely I will buy it on release day. Still waiting to see the early release content but as I've seen more I've decide to go for it. This is the only game I play so I don't mind making the investment.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    What I seen those they weren't able to finish more stuff, was enough of a sale for me.

Definitely a lot of things I see myself using within the pack. Certainly the generation pack simmers been waiting for touching on various life stages and enriching them, especially in families. Glad it wasn't just the main focus in the event that you aren't into family play and play young adults and up.

Sims being able to be laid off from work, have a workplace rival, actually refusing to do things when they are burnt out on skill building (lol reminds me of how The Sims worked when sims absolutely would not want to do anything because of their mood.) Being able to ask sims to stay over for a few days or they can call you instead. Milestones functioning like memories for sims remembering things involving events with sims or places. And then you have more likes and dislikes with conversations and what type of sims they can get along with.

So, Elders have more to do along with children. Though at least children somewhat had things to do since elders were just older adults who get exhausted before biting the big one and now having special interactions.

Glad to see more games with a gaming table, because who wants to always be playing chess? stillwaitingonpokercardgamesstill
    5vJrxmT.png
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    I could not resist preordering this pack the minute the preorders went live after seeing what was going to come with it. The free patch (the first one with the hearing aides and blood glucose monitors), Infant update which will be coming next week, and the new features that will come with the game are what sold me the minute I heard about them. I watched the Livestream Friday night and was so happy I preordered. I have not been this excited for a pack since Get To Work. I thought Discover University was going to be the same but it wasn't. I can't decide if I want to keep my current save file or delete it and start from scratch with a brand new Sim (my current Sim is in my library if I decide to delete her save file in my game).
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Maybe. Waiting for more info and gameplay reviews.
    Not hyped one bit, I'll wait to watch others play it, and see if it adds anything worthwile.
  • HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »
    I already pre-ordered. I have never gotten over the fear from cottage living bike fiasco when it didn't show up in my account. Nor the fact that the family portrait kept going in and out of my owned content. Idk if it's even there anymore.

I refuse to miss any more content. If the content was available without a time limit i might've waited. But this way it's already paid for. That aside I'm not installing until all my mods update. I will watch the early access as soon as those come out. And then all the simmers who experience the bugs.

Though I do wonder if anyone will actually end up playing it in the 1st few weeks other than modders and those youtubers. Because I feel like after the Wedding, Werewolves, and High School Years fiasco, no regular simmers are gonna touch the pack until the all clears come. And then wait another week or so after that.

One giant patch, plus an EP, I'll play in April.

Your exactly right.. I was so excited about the wedding pack last year but when it came out it was so buggy I still am leery of it. I play on console and can’t afford to pay for a buggy pack on top of an already buggy base game do to the most recent updates. I’m just going to wait and see how things go before making up my mind.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,416 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    When my sister initially told me about the pack, I wasn't going to get it. After the MWS fiasco, I swore off EA. But then I wanted to learn more about the new infant update, so I watched the livestream on Friday.

As soon as the livestream ended and I was able to pick my jaw of the floor, I pre-ordered the pack.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    I took a leap of faith and ordered my copy yesterday.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    My daughter knows how much I enjoy my sims (as she does too) so I got a gift card for my birthday last month. I preordered Growing together after learning what some of the features were as any pack that has so much family related activities is a must for me! I can't wait to get it! I felt the same with Cottage Living and never regretted preordering it.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I will get it, but I am holding off to see just how buggy it may be. If it's fine I'll get it quick - I'd like to get it while the add ons are available, but they are not vital.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2023
    Probably. I will make my choice before April 27. I mean, I bought Journey to Batuu.

I just don't see the point in pre-order. You can't play it sooner, you can't see it sooner. I just don't trust trailers, is all.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Maybe, probably. I usually get all expansions eventually. Waiting to see early access and such first though.
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    I don't have any money until the 22nd of March but I plan to buy after the livestream as it looks like quite a solid pack.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I don't really have the patience to repeat everything that we have gone through with lifestyles, sentiments, wants & fears... I'm going to be honest, based on what we have seen from previous years, I am expecting this pack to be a disaster at launch and it feels like EA/Maxis have become too comfortable to improve this and I also don't want to experience the same things again, over and over again since 2014

This exactly. The previous attempts at deepening the gameplay with things like wants, fears, sentiments, likes and dislikes, have all fell incredibly short from the mark of what they should have provided for the gameplays depth. Not only do these systems lack any sort of meaningful influence or consequence on the game, they also lack compatibility with the majority of the DLC collection that's available making them completely useless unless I play with a very niche selection of content. What Growing Together is trying to attempt with deepening the gameplay, relationships, compatability and so on, should have already been done with the previously mentioned additions to the game.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    No.
    Not a chance. Sounds nice but that would mean updating my experimental installation to the latest update configuration, which means all the brokenness that fills the forums with woeful laments. Not worth it.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I really want it but since every new pack seems to launch as a dumpster fire of bugs I’m waiting.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    I get it as part of the Creator Network, but would be buying it immediately even if I didn't.
  • TheGrandTourFanTheGrandTourFan Posts: 33 Member
    No.
    No. I'm not buying anything from this franchise again until the game is fixed for real.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited March 2023
    Other
    100% going to buy it, but when is entirely dependent of what the patch and pack break, and when it's fixed. I am hoping to get it sooner rather than later. :)
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm very interested in this pack and most likely will buy it at some point BUT I still want to check out reviews and gameplay videos. If it ends up being a shallow buggy mess then I'm in absolutely no hurry to get it or might even skip it. I'm really looking forward for some depth in the family gameplay so if it turns out that all these new dynamics and quirks and whatever are basically just text flavour and redundant moodlets then... ugh. Also, I really want to see some cross-pack features. Apparently there's going to be but we'll see.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Yes. Already Preordered.
    I preordered when you first could because I was going to buy it regardless and this way it just downloads automatically and it’s already paid for and I don’t have to think about it.

Livestream filled me with confidence though, it was very very good and didn’t seem stage managed.