Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buy My Wedding Stories and Werewolves packs or not?

2...Next

Comments

• scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    I highly recommend Werewolves. It is great fun. I like the world. Game play is fun and werewolves are well balanced. The clothing is essential if you like to build down and out sims. Love the pack. If you enjoy supernatural gameplay or enjoy rags to riches play and want your sims to dress the part I highly recommend this pack.

My wedding stories is another story. The world is nice, The CAS and build/buy are useful but nothing ground breaking. But the game play is broken and boring. I actively avoid weddings now. More bugs then features even now. If you want to enjoy weddings avoid this pack. I would not buy this pack at 75% off if I could reverse time and have a do over. I like the world but all the bugs and lacking game play make the pack not worth it. I do not recommend ever getting this pack even if weddings are you thing, well, especially if weddings are your thing. The bugs actively ruins weddings.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    One of these is significantly higher quality than the other.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm surprised at the responses. Both packs are good. Werewolves is one of my top packs though just because I love supernatural occult packs and they are loads of fun to play with like vampires.
    I don't play a lot of romance and I play with the same sims so the wedding pack was never high on my list. That said, my experience has been different than most here and I don't regret buying it. I've had 2 Beautiful weddings so far with long days of in game planning, wedding cake shopping, trying on dresses with the mannequin, inviting guests, setting up venue etc. and I will have a third at some point. (Remarrying the same sims😂😂😂)
    Everything went pretty smooth and I think many don't like it because you have to be a micromanager from beginning to end.
    But if that's something you enjoy (which I do) this wedding pack will give you the FULL experience from beginning to end.
    I only experienced two minor annoying things. The new wedding command to make all guests sit would not make them all sit. But sims and musical chairs is a base game issue so I overlooked that one. Second issue is guests love to wander. BUT I just kept using the "gather all guests" command to regather them. I definitely wouldn't call it a mess. I have nice weddings overall. The bugs it initially released with were fixed. The rest is up to the player to micromanage. Rather than sitting back watching a wedding happen you feel like you are part of the experience.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    edited February 2023
    I've run a dozen weddings with the wedding stories pack. In the beginning it was buggy but the pack has since been fixed-mostly. The only issue I still face is with the bouquet toss. The world that came with mws is amazing. You can find photos of the world, bb, and cas content online, check them out and if you like them I would recommend purchasing. Don't let the threat of broken weddings scare you, this issue has been updated.

The werewolves pack is a great, high quality pack. My only real complaint with this pack is the small world but if you enjoy occult play its a no brainer, def get it. Again I would look at the cas/bb online. If you don't like occult play there is an option to limit wolves to the world that came with the pack. I'm not an occult player but still see the value in this pack.

Edited to add I play on computer so I can't speak for console.
    Post edited by MichelleW on
  • Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 710 Member
    The rental house in Tartosa has become my favorite home. I have a sim that rents it almost every Monday afternoon. With microhouse offgrid settings, her bills arrive in the green on Monday morning, but only if she is at home when they arrive, and if she doesn't have much money saved. She goes and sells her flowers, and spends almost all the money right away.

There is much more to this world than the opportunity to have a wedding there. If I build up a world, this might be the one that I do that in. Mostly I just discover and play with what the gamemakers have created for us. Sometimes I visit several different worlds everyday, running a list of errands, and just stopping for a cup of tea or to use a workbench. I can get eggrolls in Tartosa, and that is sometimes worth the trip just for that.
  • sinisterlemonssinisterlemons Posts: 16 Member
    I don’t regret buying MWS, but I honestly always forget I have it… I also don’t play any occult Sims, but I absolutely LOVE the rustic rundown build items in Werewolves and have used them in practically every home since I purchased it. I love to play in super cheap starter homes.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

It's just going to depend on how you play the game, and what stories you want to tell.

I have never had a wedding in any Sims 4 game, ever. :D But I bought MWS on sale because I love the way it looks. I treat it as a destination world and have my sims spend relaxing weekends on the beach, admiring the falls, and having romantic interludes. I love the BB and CAS. For me, it was worth it on sale, and I am glad that I bought it.

I can't find anything I like about Werewolves other than the cool new pose, and 1 outfit in CAS. I don't play occults, and I hate the rundown look of everything.

I agree that Werewolves is a better quality product. But I have no interest in it. So for me, MWS was a better choice to spend my money on.
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    I don’t really play with my wedding stories but I do use a lot of the of the build and buy stuff also the CAS stuff. Haven’t really played with werewolves either but since I’m going through my aspirations I will come to play it 😂 I love the build and buy and the CAS in it though. So once they come down in price you should get them both or just wait till your birthday or Christmas 😊