Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Empty Lot?

So I tried to make a poll but it didn't work out so I'll ask do you think we should get a new Empty Lot like Newcrest?
Im voting yes because space, the new worlds are looking even more limited then past expansion packs. Like HSY and this Expansion pack look like a Game Pack world. Like Brindle ton bay was good, San Myshuno was good, and Widenburg well you know the best. But these new worlds look too limited.

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I vote yes, but only if ALL of the lots in the world are buildable. I don't need another world with tons of fake houses forcing me to conform my own world design to match the aesthetics that the dev's feel that world should look like.

I don't mind the world sky box surround having buildings painted on it in the distance to give the feel of a fuller world, or even far far away fake buildings where our sims don't go, but the areas surrounding the lots need to have ABSOLUTELY NO FAKE BUILDINGS!!

Or it will be hard pass for me personally. I'm tired of the limitations and motto of "Play With Life!" (and in tiny letters ....... Our Way) mentality of this dev team!
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    I vote yes, but only if ALL of the lots in the world are buildable. I don't need another world with tons of fake houses forcing me to conform my own world design to match the aesthetics that the dev's feel that world should look like.

I don't mind the world sky box surround having buildings painted on it in the distance to give the feel of a fuller world, or even far far away fake buildings where our sims don't go, but the areas surrounding the lots need to have ABSOLUTELY NO FAKE BUILDINGS!!

Or it will be hard pass for me personally. I'm tired of the limitations and motto of "Play With Life!" (and in tiny letters ....... Our Way) mentality of this dev team!

Amen to that! Everything that's remotely critical on this site gets deleted and flagged with a warning. It isn't fun to play a broken game. It's enjoyable to play a game that works. I've been spending most of my gaming time playing The Sims 2, which was easy to fix (just set it to Windows 7 compatibility if you don't have the Ultimate Collection) or a fantastic life simulator called This War of Mine, which has no issues. It's on Steam. It's an apocalypse scenario.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member

Agree with all of this.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Yeah, I would like another blank world that doesn't have the same style as Willow Creek, and also it should have at least one 64x64 lot. None of the base game worlds have any 64x64 lots currently, and the pack worlds that do, usually have a lot already built so I have to bulldoze the lot to build there.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Yeah, I would like another blank world that doesn't have the same style as Willow Creek, and also it should have at least one 64x64 lot. None of the base game worlds have any 64x64 lots currently, and the pack worlds that do, usually have a lot already built so I have to bulldoze the lot to build there.

I thought the parks in basegame worlds are 64x64? Newcrest has one too.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    lexus20 wrote: »

I thought the parks in basegame worlds are 64x64? Newcrest has one too.

They are 50x50. I believe that was the largest lot size in the game until Get Together, Windenburg had the first 64x64 lot in TS4.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited March 2023
    mm no thank you

I have all the worlds they have released until now (minus Copperdale and Batuu for now but I do plan to get HSY)

I bulldoze majority of lots building my own stuff and there is lots of free space all around for whatever I may want to add

so in all honesty I have more lots than I am ever going to need it will be miracle if I ever get all these worlds built up, complete and full :lol:

at this point I am only interested in worlds that are nothing like worlds we already have in TS4

it has to be completely different in every possible way

otherwise i am quite surely going to just be meh about new worlds and feel its waste of space/pack resources
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I love bulldozing premade lots & making most of my Worlds become the timeline of my game saves.
    I love remaking Windenburg, Henford, Brindleton Bay, Sulani & Tartosa for many of my Historical game saves. <3
    And I love remaking Strangerville, Evergreen Harbor & Mt. Komorebi for my Futuristic game save. <3
    Also my Oasis Springs really comes in handy for all timeline game saves. :p
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I just for myself it time for a new blank canvas world since we only have one and that like 8 years ago. I also would like it different though possibly a bigger community garden like I don't know something where the community that includes all ages and all npcs that's my problem we have infants and toddlers but we never see them in community lots with their parents it's like the player has to force it.
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Yes of course. I would love more worlds however they come.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Yes. But design it to be very lot-heavy with zero fake buildings and a massive variety and number of lot sizes.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    If EA would give us buildable apartments and a Create-A-World tool--decide all the landscape features including shell buildings, empty lots, roads, how the seasons work--and a world toggle (so that we could decide which worlds, and their sims, were part of any individual save, they'd never need to release another official world.

Then we could all upload our own worlds to the Gallery for download. We could make fantasy worlds, alien worlds, our hometowns, settings from movies or TV shows, whatever.