Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curseforge deleted all of my mods and CC

floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
I downloaded Curseforge and added all of my mods and CC to it, but stupidly didn't back any of it up beforehand. I ended up deleting everything so I could add it through Curseforge itself so I could use the auto update feature. I did not realize this would delete the files from my mods folder. I thought I was just removing them from Curseforge. Why didn't it warn me it was going to do that? I lost every house I ever downloaded, every sim I ever created, plus every mod and piece of CC. My entire game is ruined. How do I get them back? The files aren't even in my recycling bin.
Gallery ID: floridameerkat
Family trees:
Young
Pearce
Niner
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Ugh, what a bummer, I'm so sorry. I have no idea if this would work, but you could try a system restore to a point in time before you did this. If you are on PC, that is. I never used a Mac so I know nothing about them.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    it may be gone for good but you have your saves still.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Ugh, what a bummer, I'm so sorry. I have no idea if this would work, but you could try a system restore to a point in time before you did this. If you are on PC, that is. I never used a Mac so I know nothing about them.

On the mods folder itself? How would I do that? I'm on PC.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited March 2023
    @floridameerkat all may not be lost. If you still have everything in your Tray folder, as well as your saves, you should be able to play your current save. Only thing will be that any cc will be replaced with pack items & no mods, so you're going to have to redownload all that stuff. Time consuming but at least you shouldn't have to redownload the houses & sims. And you can resave the lots/sims to your library.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    If you Google "system restore" for your OS version, you should come up with help sites that will lead you through the process step by step. You also might want to take your question to Answers HQ, as the folks there are WAY more computer savvy than I am. Good luck, I really hope you get your stuff back.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    Try checking your download history.
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • EA_SolaireEA_Solaire Posts: 1,397 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

Please utilize Answers HQ for bugs and technical issues. You can post this issue here.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top