Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No new career in Growing Together? Just watched the livestream today.

The pack looks great though and the livestream is fun to watch. Kyle is hilarious. But I was hoping for a new career, like maybe an interactive dentist career or something lol or did I just miss it? I have to rewatch some of it.

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2023
    No new careers, but new gameplay added to all existing (and likely future) careers:
    • Work rival scenarios that stop you getting promoted until resolved (you can resolve in friendly, mischievous or more nefarious ways).
    • Lay-off situation where you hear rumours in advance and can take action to try and circumvent it, or sit back and let it happen for a mid-life career change.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I like that we can have work place rivals now. I use get together to set up work place drama like for my criminal gangs and would use the new rival feature to set up stories. I hope we can set-up rivalries.
  • amydunneamydunne Posts: 25 Member
    This is what I was looking forward to as well! Did they say there are no new careers or did they just not have time to show them off during the livestream?
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    That was a great time to add the nanny career back though. That job is so impactful in TS3. With that in TS4 I prob would play again.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    No new career, no new skills and no new traits. The focus is on family, social relationships and generational gameplay.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    No new careers, but new gameplay added to all existing (and likely future) careers:
    • Work rival scenarios that stop you getting promoted until resolved (you can resolve in friendly, mischievous or more nefarious ways).
    • Lay-off situation where you hear rumours in advance and can take action to try and circumvent it, or sit back and let it happen for a mid-life career change.

You know, I watched the livestream, but something that wasn't totally clear to me was whether layoffs could only happen in the Adult lifestage, or the YA stage as well. (I also didn't notice whether they mentioned it for the midlife crisis, but I'm kind of assuming that would be Adult only.)
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I was hoping for a hilarious tooth fairy career.

Imagine Bob Pancakes having to put on a tutu and glittery fairy wings to sneak into houses and put a simoleon under kids' pillows at night. :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I was hoping for a hilarious tooth fairy career.

Imagine Bob Pancakes having to put on a tutu and glittery fairy wings to sneak into houses and put a simoleon under kids' pillows at night. :D

That would've been awesome.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »

You know, I watched the livestream, but something that wasn't totally clear to me was whether layoffs could only happen in the Adult lifestage, or the YA stage as well. (I also didn't notice whether they mentioned it for the midlife crisis, but I'm kind of assuming that would be Adult only.)

Mid-life crises are an Adult feature, I believe (makes sense). Lay-offs they didn't specify, but could potentially be from Teen+ if it includes part-time jobs,
    amydunne wrote: »
    This is what I was looking forward to as well! Did they say there are no new careers or did they just not have time to show them off during the livestream?

They didn't show any off, so until I see otherwise I'm assuming there are none.