Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing together early access?

When do early access gameplay vids start coming out on YouTube? Does anyone know or can speculate?

I’m ravenous for more updates!
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    might be after the patch on the 14th
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »

Unlikely, because why would we need early access videos once we get the patch and with the pack coming 2 days later? I expect it to be sometime after the livestream this Friday. Hopefully right after! :smile:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I think the embargo will lift after the live stream on Friday.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I concur, typically it is after the livestream. I wish they would let the people who created lots for the world release the build videos sooner.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    yes that might be right.
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,756 Member
    So helpful! Thank you
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I concur, typically it is after the livestream. I wish they would let the people who created lots for the world release the build videos sooner.

@MichelleW I agree; would love to see the lots Deligracy & Lilsimsie did (3 each).
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I hope it's soon. I don't usually like the livestreams. I prefer to watch Simmers give an overview.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    We usually see Game Changer coverage of new packs come out after the gurus's Live Play stream. I imagine most of them have already been given early access to the game so they can create their own Let's Play videos before the EA one is shown and those will start popping up soon after the stream is over. I'm looking forward to seeing their reactions to playing the new pack, as well as seeing the pack in action.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    The majority of the Creator Network (aka Game Changers) usually get early access on the same day as the EP pre-patch, 14th in this case. Embargo usually lifts 24 hrs later, giving only 2 days early access to make content, or 1 day if you want to get something out as soon as the embargo lifts.

If anyone has access earlier than that (such as guest builders) they are playing the beta version of the game, not the final version. There might be other simmers that got super-early access like this, but the only people who know who that is are the players themselves.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited March 2023
    bandit5 wrote: »

Normally after the Livestream the embargo lifts like with the High School Years LS last year. They let the Game Changers show us previews immedienly after the LS. To be clear there are two embargos the one lifts after the livestream it's the Super Access were they get the code to play but they can only play with just the base game and not packs. They can only show you certain footage the second embargo lifts close to the patch update were simmers can play the game with the packs installed and show you anything.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I hope soon the live stream was long and I look forward to seeing what the Game Changers have to show us. There was so much info my head is still going around and around.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I'm hoping that it isn't a bad sign that the embargo hasn't been lifted. It worries me that it could be a sign of bugs or issues with the pack. But then a lot of the YouTubers who typically do the early access are running generic content now so maybe they just got access today.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited March 2023
    A big German YouTuber said yesterday in his stream that he wasn't able to play the pack early yet, and he always gets early access, so I think early access just hasn't happened yet. I am kind of glad, I always thought it was kind of sad to watch YouTubers having fun while yourself couldn't enjoy the new content. I think early access will happen next week on Monday/Tuesday, so videos are ready when the release is just a week away.
    A big German YouTuber said yesterday in his stream that he wasn't able to play the pack early yet, and he always gets early access, so I think early access just hasn't happened yet. I am kind of glad, I always thought it was kind of sad to watch YouTubers having fun while yourself couldn't enjoy the new content. I think early access will happen next week on Monday/Tuesday, so videos are ready when the release is just a week away.

Yes but they missed some things in the livestream that needs to be covered by game changers for one the sleeping bags.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I did not watch the last hour of the live stream. So, I don't know if they did a lot of game play. They did a lot of talking through out the live stream and not as much game play.
    Hopefully the embargo lifts tomorrow. I don't know why they'd want to wait. There was a lot that wasn't covered in the livestream.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Embargo lifts on Monday March 13 at 10am PT. For a small number of creators.
    All other GameChangers/Creator Network will have access on release day

Wow that's a long wait. That's probably just for the three that built lots in the pack.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    edited March 2023
    They don't even have early access yet, lilsimsie just confirmed on stream she doesn't have it yet. Simgurus in the stream confirmed the embargo date of 13th too. She said that people would get a temporary early access, but that it's just later than usual.
    What the heck? This news is a bit of a letdown when I was hoping to see more. That two-and-a-half-hour Live Stream was a good starting point, but they barely scratched the surface when it came to showing us more about GT. Whenever EA deviates from what has been considered as normal in the past, it gives me a sinking feeling that something isn't right. And after I took a leap of faith and preordered GT! But this is certainly not the way they usually promote a new pack. Especially an EP.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    I wonder if they are fixing some bugs?
    I hope they are :)
    gen3-banner.png
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member

That's honestly a little concerning that the embargo lifts so late. Makes me wonder what they need to fix. I don't really think they're going to add in a ton of new content with only a week or so to go before release. So it seems like it's probably fixing stuff.

But maybe they're gonna change some of the odder things with the pack. Like friendship bracelets only being able to be given to one Sim. Or something.

Maybe it's a marketing technique. But I doubt it, it wouldn't be a good one. We've already had to wait since the summer for this. And they keep feeding us info a bit at the time, until that last info dump on Friday. At this point it makes sense to keep us excited by showing us more.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Well, I understand they are still working on a lot of things since this is a very complicated pack and update. But they usually give Early Access to Game Changers to help find some of the bugs so they can be addressed beforehand. I guess all we can do is be patient and hope for the best outcome.
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

Well, I understand they are still working on a lot of things since this is a very complicated pack and update. But they usually give Early Access to Game Changers to help find some of the bugs so they can be addressed beforehand. I guess all we can do is be patient and hope for the best outcome.

This is very concerning for me.