Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pack Ideas for Occult Gameplay

JinxIndigoJinxIndigo Posts: 45 Member
edited August 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I am personally an occult player and enjoy adding fantasy elements to my stories. I know im not alone, so here is the discussion for people who like supernatural in their games.

I have some ideas about supernatural themed game/expansion packs, albeit, not sure if community would also find them fun:

Demons and Angels, Occult Hunters
Im still not sure about religion, as this can be a sensitive topic for some, but maybe a made up religions that exist only in Sims universe. (Something like Jacoban and Peteran from Sims Medieval maybe)

Angels and Demons are not introduced in previous franchises but might be fun.

And lastly, my favorite, occult hunters. They are just there to protect sims from werewolf rampage terrors, annoying vampires who tries to suck your blood, paranormal houses and angry ghosts like Temperance. Of course, I woulf nt want my occult sims to die so these hunters might just want to turn occults into human by throwing elixir on them etc. This feature might add a gameplay for occult sims as they should hide their nature in public, else hunters might notice them.

Fairy Game Pack; Unicorns, Satyrs, Elves, proper gnomes
Fairy lifestate is the second most expected GP after werewolf, there havebeen some discussions about how a proper Fairy GP should be. IMO, it should include:

-Sylvan Glade update with several Hidden World passage
- Arboretum
- Proper lore, including Tuatha Garden (sims 3 World Adventures) and Effemont (Sims Medieval)
- Unicorns (I dont care about horses but yeah, I love unicorns)
- Magic Gardrobe and Magic Beans

Dragons
Yes, Dragon Valley was one of my favorite world in Sims 3 and I would love to see them in Sims 4 aswell. Imagine you also pet a dragon in your cottage living farm, would be too cute!

Fortune Tellers, Magicians, Seers, Genies in Fair/Circus themed Expansion Pack
Now, magician is not an occult but it still adds some magic into game.

I dont mind Genie being a non playable lifestate, but yes I do miss that lamb and chance cards.

What about your expansion or game pack ideas about supernatural / occult themes?
Post edited by JinxIndigo on

Comments

• Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Honestly, I would love more integration of the ones we have. Why can't vampires do their thing without people bugging them about it? They're supposed to bite. Where are the wars spoken of in lore? We never see them, except for among werewolves, I guess. Also wondering why we can't be evil spell casters? Makes no sense we have absolutely no truly evil spells.

I would also love elves with archery, lore, and a long lifespan.

Dwarves- strong, short beings who wield big hammers and axes with ease, could work in carpentry or mining?

Another idea:

Let's just have a whole freaking Harry Potter expansion. Yes? With the sorting hat and wand choosing the wizard for what, and a devious group- which evil Sims could end up in- to cause trouble. Will you save the school, or destroy it? Or, will you simply cause chaos for it as you go on a search for power? I see no reason to believe you can not end up the next Dark Lord. Don't hold back on the dangers, adventures, secret passages, or the strict teachers. Can you survive all of your years in Howgwarts, or will you be another sucker whose wand gets snapped...? And, if you survive and come out with your wand and broom, what will your next adventure be? Where will you go? Will you become the next Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher for a year? Will you try to overthrow Snape in Potions? Or offer people anagrams with hidden messages?
  • Options
    JinxIndigoJinxIndigo Posts: 45 Member
    Honestly, I would love more integration of the ones we have. Why can't vampires do their thing without people bugging them about it? They're supposed to bite. Where are the wars spoken of in lore? We never see them, except for among werewolves, I guess. Also wondering why we can't be evil spell casters? Makes no sense we have absolutely no truly evil spells.

I would also love elves with archery, lore, and a long lifespan.

Dwarves- strong, short beings who wield big hammers and axes with ease, could work in carpentry or mining?

Another idea:

Let's just have a whole freaking Harry Potter expansion. Yes? With the sorting hat and wand choosing the wizard for what, and a devious group- which evil Sims could end up in- to cause trouble. Will you save the school, or destroy it? Or, will you simply cause chaos for it as you go on a search for power? I see no reason to believe you can not end up the next Dark Lord. Don't hold back on the dangers, adventures, secret passages, or the strict teachers. Can you survive all of your years in Howgwarts, or will you be another sucker whose wand gets snapped...? And, if you survive and come out with your wand and broom, what will your next adventure be? Where will you go? Will you become the next Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher for a year? Will you try to overthrow Snape in Potions? Or offer people anagrams with hidden messages?

Im quite happy with vampire/werewolf/spellcaster lore update, its an interesting idea that spellcasters both created vampires and werewolves and all those vampire/werewolf drama and their politic intrigue. This adds dept into my occult gameplay. However, I still want to know more about vampire lore, especially about Vlad. We all know he chased werewolves from Forgotten Hollow, and enemy with Rory Oaklow, turned Caleb's sire Miss Hell and Lilith etc but not more. EA did a great job with werewolf lore, yet vampire lore needs update imo.

As an Harry Potter lover, I would love to see some Harry Potter vibes in ROM if EA decides to update. Spellcaster teenagers and child should go a special school to learn to control magic maybe. I dont think EA will make another expansion pack directly focused on spellcasters, but they might update ROM for that.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Occult hunters, yeah, they would be great. After all, you can slay vampires in The Sims 4, which is literally fighting them and if your sim wins, they'll throw cure at their face, which somehow cures them. It would be great to see it on other occults too.

I like the feeling that comes from the fact that my sims live a life where supernatural exist.

Plus I feel like it would be great to have occult preferences. Disliking an occult won't prevent from befriending them, but these sims won't want to become these occult, want to get cured when they become it etc.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    A hateful potions teacher, a few ghostly tricksters, rule-breaking... anything to make ROM come alive- it is so dull... heck, can we get magical pets, and maybe some broomstick games? The spellcasters practice spells to learn anything, but instantly jump on a broom and fly like nothing flat.

Dragon-fighting would be better than student duels, maybe it could be something in an aspiration? Or maybe add even a rival school underwater to add competitions and a reason to do well? Perhaps the schools teach different spells, but since they are rivals, Sims can only join one... And add guards to the magic realm! Maybe this could be an active career? Have battle mages defending the premises, or trained dragons flying overhead.
  • Options
    THEHOUSEOFWINCHESTERTHEHOUSEOFWINCHESTER Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love to see a update of outdoor retreat to add a chance while in the Forrest community lot to find a new rare occult. The Bigfoot would be found there and could liven up the pack possibly being able to tell stories of it around the camp fire and having the possibility of it raiding your food stash at your camp site. It wouldn’t have a skill tree but would be able to breed with if wanted to produce some very hairy children. Maybe also add a genie as an occult to the jungle adventure pack to maybe find a lamp in the ruins and it be able to grant wishes in a system somewhat like the well from romantic garden stuff.
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Any and all supernaturals please
    Also mermaids and aliens need to be updated to have also their own skill tree like the vamps weres and spellcasters
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Medieval festival GP that includes dragons.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    Medieval festival GP that includes dragons.

Yes, please. I would like to see dragons as full pets, little ones that can fly alongside the sim, and large ones that can take riders into the sky.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.