Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited March 2023
    There was so much presented in the livestream that I'm just going to say that I'm looking forward to everything and discovering all the cross pack gameplay. The CAS items feel like everyday clothes for me. Having matching family outfits is a plus. Three new events (Baby Shower, Family Reunion, and Slumber Party).

Chicken.jpg

Base Game Update: Some things I'm looking forward to:
    1. New Bassinet: I've wanted a new bassinet for newborns for the longest.
    2. Improvement to newborns—Awesome.
    3. A lot of free new build buy items.
    4. Quality of life improvement to the high chair. Many will appreciate this.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I’ve only made it about about halfway through the livestream. I worked last night and currently working tonight but from what I’ve seen so far, I’m beyond excited. This is the generations pack I’ve been dying for. I really don’t care what packs come after this. My simmer heart is satisfied. I am so excited that newborns got some updates. Time to figure out which family I’m going to explore this pack with. I have some prep work to do.
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    edited March 2023
    The livestream for this pack was beautifully executed! I really loved seeing the infants in the beginning to get a taste of base game content, but the content related to this pack blew me away. I'm very impressed with what the Sims Team has added to the game within this pack!

I'm looking forward to playing and exploring all life stages after I install this pack into my game. I normally play families (well only one family that I'm extremely attached to), so I'm going to enjoy being able to set each member's family dynamic, social compatibility preferences, etc., and start playing my sim family the way I've always imagined them. Also, I'm super happy that they made cheats to change a lot of things for micromanaging simmers like me. I need full control at all times, not the most fun way to play for some, but I still enjoy it!

Obviously, like other simmers, I cannot wait to experience all of the new infant gameplay. Those new quirks are so adorable, and the infant milestones were making me feel so sentimental during the stream! Lots to be excited about with this new addition!

The toddlers got a major upgrade in my opinion. I'm loving the added quirks for them as well! Now they seem like realistic toddlers which is so cute yet kind of terrifying.

I also really enjoyed seeing how much new gameplay was added for young adults through elders! I was worried they would seem lackluster compared to the infants, toddlers, and children— but not at all! All the drama that they've added in looks so fun to play with. It's funny, they almost made the adult stages more realistic with the not-so-amazing things that happen in life, but I love it!

I was also happy to hear they added systems within the game to basically change your sim's traits while growing throughout gameplay. That's a super cool feature that I'm sure many others have wanted to see in the game.

Looking forward to buying the pack— seems like a good one y'all!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    There was so much good stuff in that livestream I don't even know what to say about it. This is definitely a pack I will buy. There will be a lot of popups, but I'd rather have the popup that asks me if I want the game to change my sim than having their personalities changed by their autonomous actions.

Also, I have been converted on the baby thing. Never thought we needed expanded babies, but now I want these infants. Super cute!

They said something about the newborn stage getting shorter and the others getting longer, but I didn't ever hear them specify the new lengths of any of them. I will probably set custom ones in MCCC as soon as it's updated but I'm curious what the official setup will be.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I pre-ordered after watching this stream. Went from being completely pessimistic to extremely excited. There was so much info though that I feel like I need to rewatch the stream.
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    I feel very good after watching it. I have to say that the first trailer was pretty disappointing for me, and I thought my expectations were too high again and as usual I will be disappointed with the pack. But yesterday's livestream brought back the joy and anticipation in me and I was very pleasantly surprised by the very detailed and rich new game. Also the infants update. So lovely and detailed. I'm happy.
    I'm a family player and this really hits a lot of my expectations that have been waiting for years, and I'm sure that millions of other family players like me have been waiting for something like this. It's nice and proper that EA finally invests a little in a realistic game, simple, such elementary things. Enough with all the science fiction and the attempts to reinvent themselves all the time - in the end this style of play is the most wanted in my opinion, and it will appeal to the taste of the broadest common denominator. how fun!!!
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    There was so much good stuff in that livestream I don't even know what to say about it. This is definitely a pack I will buy. There will be a lot of popups, but I'd rather have the popup that asks me if I want the game to change my sim than having their personalities changed by their autonomous actions.

Also, I have been converted on the baby thing. Never thought we needed expanded babies, but now I want these infants. Super cute!

They said something about the newborn stage getting shorter and the others getting longer, but I didn't ever hear them specify the new lengths of any of them. I will probably set custom ones in MCCC as soon as it's updated but I'm curious what the official setup will be.

I was worried at first about how it will influences my customized ages, but then I realized, my baby stage is 8 simdays long until the baby become a toddler, which is a year in my gameplay, probably I will try 2 days (3 month) for the babystage at the beginning, then I have 6 days left for the infant stage, I hope that's enough, otherwise I have to reduce the toddler stage, there I have enough days left to reach the goals anyways.

What makes me really happy was the picture frames for the family pictures, I play a lot with family portraits and this is what I have missed so far. I know it's a small thing, but I'm happy that the devs have thought about it.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    The livestream went so well. Love the simguru hosts especially the guy, really fun to watch. Now I'm more excited with the pack. So much things they put into the pack, as I saw on the livestream. I will order it some time this month, but I have to wait for reviews first.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,229 Member
    edited March 2023
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited March 2023
    I just read through several reaction to gather the information that was given. What I have read so far makes me really excited.

The science baby had me confused because without watching the life stream it was a very confusing term. Now that I have figured out what science baby means, I think it is a very sensible option to add.

I am very happy for occults to also get a bit of attention. I can't wait to see them in game.

This is great for my little spellcasters and werewolves. Too bad alien toddlers didn't get the same attention as the other occults. But I am happy that the devs have realised occult players can like families too.
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Well I can uninstall a few of my mods now:

1. Bassinet mod
    2. Milestone mod
    3. Newborn outfit mod
    4. Unlimited likes/dislikes (maybe)
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,831 Member
    deedles64 wrote: »
    Well I can uninstall a few of my mods now:

1. Bassinet mod
    2. Milestone mod
    3. Newborn outfit mod
    4. Unlimited likes/dislikes (maybe)

Beyond this update breaking a lot of mods I'm like you, if it works properly quite a few mods are about to be rendered obsolete. For example, I've been using WonderfulWhims to give my sims an attraction system. With personality based compatibility built in now I'm wondering if I'll have a need for it anymore. I don't want physical characteristics to be a big part of attraction. It counts for something, but like only a very small part of it. WW does more, but the attraction system was by far the main reason I use it. This update and pack could deliver so many things the game has been missing. Not all, but a lot.

I'm super excited and I can hardly wait to get it in my game, but I'm probably waiting until the first of April to get it. I remember how close HSY and the prerelease update came to destroying my favorite save so I'm sitting it out until I see how it goes. Plus as mod and cc heavy as my game is I'm going to have to wait on a lot of fixes for mods and cc. I'm making peace with having to say goodbye to some old cc and having to redecorate lots and doing major makeovers on a lot of sims. If this pack delivers on all of its promise then it will be worth it.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,831 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    There was so much presented in the livestream that I'm just going to say that I'm looking forward to everything and discovering all the cross pack gameplay. The CAS items feel like everyday clothes for me. Having matching family outfits is a plus. Three new events (Baby Shower, Family Reunion, and Slumber Party).

Chicken.jpg

Base Game Update: Some things I'm looking forward to:
    1. New Bassinet: I've wanted a new bassinet for newborns for the longest.
    2. Improvement to newborns—Awesome.
    3. A lot of free new build buy items.
    4. Quality of life improvement to the high chair. Many will appreciate this.

I love having more opportunities for 'Mommy and Me' or 'Daddy and Me' outfits. Those kinds of family bonding activities are really sweet and adorable.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Many of this stuff being added are things I thought I didn't need. I was mostly content with sims personality and never wanted babies for myself. Now I don't know how I ever lived without this 😱😱😱 babies look so fun now!

The tree house customization is so detailed! I was laughing when the thing that got the chat most excited about the treehouse was woohoo🤣🤣
    Simmers are funny. I'm still stuck on kids being able to climb up the slide! And the way they can learn to bike is so cuteee😩
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I can't wait, 13 more days to go (today still counted).
  • nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    Since babies are part of a BG update, this EP doesn't seem to add a lot of gameplay but rather a LOT of fundamental background mechanics that add a lot of... Life?

And I'm all for it.

TS4 has changed a lot over the past years, it went from "a dollhouse where nothing really happens unless the players decides to make it happen" to "the story writes itself but you still have the power to decide whether it happens or not" which is exactly how I like to play since TS2 is my favourite in the franchise and that's how it played basically.

Giving Sims more individuality is also a really good thing, I hope the baby/infants quirks, new likes/dislikes categories playing a part in compatibility and family dynamics will actually make playing each sim a different experience.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited March 2023
    On the livestream, they explained that Sims can gain up to 6 personality traits through Self Discovery. Depending on how you play your Sim, their traits could change. Some other things I am excited about:
    • The new photo collage picture frame which is a reward one can obtain after doing a Family Reunion Event.
    • New Venue: Recreation Room.
    • Splash pad - She said this is a great place to bring your dog (can't wait to see what that is about)?
    • New World - When he talked about Old Stumpy and naming worlds, that was funny.
    • Group Walking
    • Game Tables - Symbols and so many puzzle options including customizable puzzles.
    • Movie theater - Although you can't attend with your Sim, they did mention riveting events that might happen. Plus, there are a variety of new movies.

6-Traits.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue