Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Livestream: Growing Together!

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    I was undecided if I was going to watch since I had work and get moody around lunch time but seeing the little bits here and there glad I missed it, it will be fun to find all the things, I so can't wait.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    This looks really in depth and includes a lot of updates/integration that I've been hoping for! :mrgreen:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2023
    All the new pie menu social optionssssssss!!!! Been dying for more social opppptionsssss🥺🥺🥺🥺 I can't believe it.... and they added family kiss it seems!!! 🥺🥺🥺 I saw one that said "best hug ever"
    I love the ones that seems accurate to elders too.
    I'm melting for this because I used so many mods to get this kinda stuff.

Claim the other sim as an alien 🤣🤣🤣
    Ugh I love this
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I loved everything and the remaining 13 days until release seem endless. I don't want to play my game without this content anymore.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2023

I'm intrigued by the "Adopt Casey" here. Can we adopt kids via socials now? Step-kids? Science baby surrogacy kids? Homeless townie kids?

Did Ninja slip up on info that hasn't been mentioned again?
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    And I hope we will have a Sims 4 Studio update with batch fixes for all of the CC that breaks with the infants update by the weekend after release!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    Let me first start by emitting my sympathy hugs to all the cc/mod creators out there who are about to get hit with a massive cc-fix nightmare (for mods and cas and build/buy).... ouch!

Just off the top of my head: It looks like all doors/gates, many if not most comfort items, many surface items, storage items, all kids furnishings, all kids toys, plumbing items (or maybe just bathtubs?), etc.... And then there's also the endless list of mods that will get hit with both the big baby update and the new pack (pie menus, cas options, new interactions, etc).

Anyways, it looks like this pack is going to be one of those 'essential' must-have packs if you want the full benefit of gameplay options (like Seasons or Cats & Dogs).

As a non-family player, I can't wait for this pack (and the infant update)! :D

I might just have to get one (or more) of my 'single-and-loving-it' sims preggers.... >:)

I hope the CAS and BB items won't be hit too hard, but this is definitely going to break some things. On the other hand this is going to be the Modpocalypse. A lot of stories here on the forums in creative corner and on blogs all over are going to wind up on hiatus or sims and lots are suddenly going to look veryyyy different.😲

If everything functions like it should, and this pack drops as trouble free as Werewolves did, it will end up being worth it.

Speaking of modpocalypse.....

This baby update is going to give a whole new meaning to the infamous "100 Baby Challenge" that simmers have been playing. I can't wait to see who will be the first simmer to take it on after babies are no longer bassinet fixtures and must be tended to individually, constantly.

Babypocalypse! :#

I’ve thought about trying that challenge but I’ve never played it and now I’m positive I never will.😉 I think 2, maybe 3, is plenty for me.🤣
  • Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    I loved everything and the remaining 13 days until release seem endless. I don't want to play my game without this content anymore.

OMG, SAME HERE!
    NOT KYILE MOVING IN AFTER A SINGLE MEETING BWAHAHAHAHAHA🤣🤣🤣
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member

Not only that, but, just as a I feared, this looks so foundational that I'm glad I yeeted all of my saves after seeing the original trailer. I really feel like I need to rethink this entire game. I have a really epic template save that I've spent ages working on and now, while I think all of the lots can stay as is I actually want to evict and delete every single sim on it and start from scratch.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I'm intrigued by the "Adopt Casey" here. Can we adopt kids via socials now? Step-kids? Science baby surrogacy kids? Homeless townie kids?

I think we have always had the option actually or was it like adopt as caregiver or something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

I think we have always had the option actually or was it like adopt as caregiver or something

We have adopt as caregiver for teens and younger, and adults have adopt as dependent.
    There's SO MUCH to digest here. I need a moment after that livestream lol.
    All I know is SIMS 4 IS THE BEST GAME EVER 😭😭😭 And the gurus that work on it are AMAZING.
    Thank you all 🥰
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited March 2023
    Did anyone notice the infant throwing a temper tantrum? It was so funny and very realistic.
    Leo-is-not-having-none-of-that.jpg

Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    Ziafar wrote: »
    So many new things implemented! I do hope they will work without too much bugs. I have longed so much for family reunions.
    Do we know if there is a swimmable body of water?
    Also will we be able to control the visiting Sims? Because if not it could quickly become a nightmare.

From what it seemed on the livestream we can't control them. They work more like roommates.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    So many new things implemented! I do hope they will work without too much bugs. I have longed so much for family reunions.
    Do we know if there is a swimmable body of water?
    Also will we be able to control the visiting Sims? Because if not it could quickly become a nightmare.

Yes to swimmable water. No to control visiting sims but we'll be able to direct them to tend to do certain things like relax while they're visiting or help around while they're visiting.
    Happy simming!
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    This was a fun livestream. I found myself lol quite a lot. Everyone involved did a great job.

The base game update is huge and a gamechanger for me. Feels like they really knocked it out the park with Growing Together.

Infants-Rule.png
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Where to begin when so much of the gameplay I have been waiting for is about to change my entire gaming experience? I saw a couple of tiny details that may or may not present themselves as problems, but those did not change my mind about GT in any way. Although, watching the mother of an infant come outside and suddenly launch her child into space as if she were the quarterback of a football team, made me laugh so hard I nearly fell out of my chair. It was a funny glitch, but I hope it never happens in my game.

The upgraded pie menu will make socializing so much easier. Bumping up the number of likes and dislikes for our Sims was also nice to see. And I can see how important the new Rec Center will become to families as they celebrate birthdays and other important milestones. This will be especially important for families with smaller home lots. My mind is flooded with possible scenarios concerning visiting guests where family members living in other worlds can come and stay for a few days, from helping out after the arrival of a baby/infant to coming to visit during the holidays it all fits so nicely into how I have wished the game could be played.

And the infants. OMG Could they be any cuter? Their little fits of frustration while doing tummy time are just so realistic. Beyond thrilled to hear the glitches with the highchair have been ironed out because I haven't used one since Parenthood was released, and the infants will need to be spoon fed while sitting in one. I didn't see if they can eat without using a highchair so having a working one is very important.

The CAS assets are okay. And we didn't get an overview of the B/B items so I can't comment on that. I did see some new kitchen and living room pieces I like, though. Of course, the new nursery items are as cute as the infants. Everything a curious tot will love.

The world, although very pretty, is a bit disappointing because I feel there should be at least two large residential lots in each neighborhood. I saw just one of the larger lots in each neighborhood during the Live Stream. I might have missed something because there was a lot to take in during those 2.5 hours. But there is a lot to do in this new world so maybe I won't miss having three more large lots to build on. :)
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    I had a lot of fun watching the stream. One thing is sure, I will be overwhelmed at an early point, but I'm sure I will manage it, but not on my longplayed legacies at the beginning, a fresh restart is really needed for me. Since it will take time for the mods to be adjust, it's better to pause my oldersaves until I'm sure in what I'm doing. I'm really looking forward to this expansion pack.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Hm, thinking of it... did anyone notice a door bell or a walking cane for elders? I was so sure we would get both, and they would not be very difficult to implement, either. Hopefully they are among the content they did not get time to show us.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2023
    I have the feeling that Grim Reaper will become the parent of many Science Babies soon ...
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    I have the feeling that Grim Reaper will become the parent of many Science Babies soon ...

Do it for the science 🔬👩‍🔬
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,446 Member
    I haven't seen this mentioned on this thread, and I didn't get to watch the entire livestream, so I'll ask: Do we get new playpen objects, or do we have to build one out of that fencing?

@FatTribble23 there are portable cribs you might be able to use as playpens (not sure of options) but I also saw the gurus had used the fencing to make a playpen-type area.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,446 Member

@EmmaVane Casey could be a pet...
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited March 2023
    Woof, that was certainly a long one, but obviously necessary and quite enjoyable to watch!
    This pack is all about social & family dynamics. Possibly one of the reasons that I don’t enjoy family gameplay is because Sims 4 always lacked that kind of system. This could change for me now, a bit of drama is definitely something I would like more of in my game; I want relationships and interactions between sims to make sense.
    Family is only a background concept in my game, for example a son could have a difficult relationship with his father, or sisters that were once close fell out of touch because yadiya. I never actively played out these narratives since it’s sort of impossible to do right now. Perhaps with this newer system my sims can actually live that experience and I no longer have to imagine it.

Milestones are interesting, especially the ones that make a sim remember a trauma event such as fire, and the way they will feel somewhat anxious in the area in which this event took place each time they visit.

I’m a bit concerned about the tuning of all this however, and how deep it truly goes. Also intrusive pop-ups… I can take the odd chance card no problem, I just don’t like most random pop ups (or calls) and prefer notifications to be restricted to the notification wall.

I’m not too excited about the world and although I think the wharf area and the bridge look pretty cool, I’m not much of a fan of too many middle to upper class suburban neighborhoods in my game. Give me a Moonwood Mill or Forgotten Hollow anytime. I understand most players seem to prefer the modern, family friendly looking areas and that’s fair. I’m not really complaining is what I’m saying. 😅

There’s heaps I can work with no doubt, but the family dynamic system will either be a hit or miss for me. I can understand why it’s not base game…it may or may not drive people crazy. I truly hope it works as intended.
    I still have many questions regarding gameplay objects such as the baby backpack (can I bring it ANYWHERE?) and whether kids can cycle in groups once they know how to cycle?

The infants look great and it almost feels odd to see toddlers as the bigger child now, even though they’re still so small.
    I know for a fact that I won’t be starting my own baby manufacturing business anytime soon, but I shall welcome any accidental infant with open arms. If I can no longer handle it, it’s easy enough to send them off to stay with their favorite aunt that lives in the mountains, only for a few years. It’s gonna be interesting to see how they feel about their estranged parents when they grow up. It is a bit mean, I know, but worth experimenting with. 🫣
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Did anyone notice the infant throwing a temper tantrum? It was so funny and very realistic.
    Leo-is-not-having-none-of-that.jpg

This was hilarious. I watched the entire scene play out at the bottom of the screen while the gurus were talking about something entirely different.

That poor baby seemed so tired already, yet his mother, a true drill instructor of course, just plops him onto that rug for some random tummy survival time and he just keeps on wriggling and wriggling for ages, getting more frustrated as he wriggles. I noticed myself encouraging him from the sidelines. “Come one buddy, you can do this!! YOU CAN DO THIS BUDDY!!” Man, I really felt that one somehow.
    When the kid finally, FINALLY managed to flop onto his back I was absolutely delighted for him! He's gonna be a tough little man that one. I’ve never felt so proud of a sim in my life. 😆