Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Livestream: Growing Together!

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited March 2023
    Science baby ... I will call Senior Pollination Technician #3 :p

I don't trust anyone else for this task.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    I haven't seen this mentioned on this thread, and I didn't get to watch the entire livestream, so I'll ask: Do we get new playpen objects, or do we have to build one out of that fencing?
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Anyway, did I see one of the tops for the EA Play Sleepwear Set in CAS? Must be becausr this is a developer's build.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Anyway, did I see one of the tops for the EA Play Sleepwear Set in CAS? Must be becausr this is a developer's build.

You're right. I am sure they play on PC but they have all :|:'(
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited March 2023
    Wasn't sure what to expect with the stream, but all of what I saw was very promising for sure that I enjoy.

Was going to buy it when it came out, but think I'll just go ahead and pre-order it as I can see myself using a lot of features in the pack. Other than my usual disappointment in not having at least twenty lots or more of a bigger world I'm pretty sold.

Lot of objects coming in base game for infants. I like that there is finally a new bassinet after so long with so many colors. Lot of varying items to make a proper nursery. Happy toddlers can also use the changing table. Didn't expect the community changing table. Not something I would have thought they'd even think about at all. More incentive to be taking a infant out and about to things like parks or other community lots.

Thought it may just revolve around families, but happy to see things that effect a sims jobs as always wanted more obstacles for my sims in being able to be laid off or unable to get promoted (via livestream a rival coworker). Favorite feature thus far is sims asking to come over for some days or your sim being able to ask them. I like not being able to control a sim directly, why I liked the roommate feature from university.

Also elders having mor unique interactions and things to do is my everything. :smile:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    My gosh! They have thought of everything!!! 😯😯😯😯😯😯😯😯 I can't believe the lullaby crib, the details, the baby reactions and personality 😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    Let me first start by emitting my sympathy hugs to all the cc/mod creators out there who are about to get hit with a massive cc-fix nightmare (for mods and cas and build/buy).... ouch!

Just off the top of my head: It looks like all doors/gates, many if not most comfort items, many surface items, storage items, all kids furnishings, all kids toys, plumbing items (or maybe just bathtubs?), etc.... And then there's also the endless list of mods that will get hit with both the big baby update and the new pack (pie menus, cas options, new interactions, etc).

Anyways, it looks like this pack is going to be one of those 'essential' must-have packs if you want the full benefit of gameplay options (like Seasons or Cats & Dogs).

As a non-family player, I can't wait for this pack (and the infant update)! :D

I might just have to get one (or more) of my 'single-and-loving-it' sims preggers.... >:)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
    edited March 2023
    Grimsurudoi is always so passionate in what he works on! I love his intro speech. And the bear and sloth onesie is so cuteeee🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰
    edited March 2023
    Grimsurudoi is always so passionate in what he works on! I love his intro speech. And the bear and sloth onesie is so cuteeee🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

I know right?

He's so cuddly hilarious... I could just eat him up.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited March 2023
    Sim Characteristics and Conversation Topics may cause some tensions during Club Gatherings.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    My sims gonna have so many science babies

one question though,
    if you get science baby as single parent does the baby look like clone of the parent? or is it like "made baby with sim with x genetics" or does the game spawn like randomized sim that shows up as science babes other parent

asking for science
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 715 Member
    This pack looks like an essential. I truly didn't believe I'd like it that much but developing traits? Milestones? The updates to relationships? Beautiful beautiful beautiful, I can't wait to play with this....after mods are updated lol.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    Wow! This pack looks great! :)

I can't be the only one who was VERY pleasantly surprised that there did not seem to be any bugs! I held my breath everytime they approached the high chair! :D

The last live stream I watched was for My Wedding Stories, and we all know how that went

This pack has so many features I will be happy to incorporate into my game. I'm most looking forward to the added depth of personality that we will be able to give our Sims.

I'm still going to hold off on pre-ordering, though. I'm going to wait & see how it plays with other packs. But if people who get it right away find that it works as well as it did in the live stream, I plan on getting it.

Also, very funny idea for SimGuruMorgan & SimGuruDoi to wear the animal onesies! And SimGuruDoi was a riot! I will forever read the words of Kyle Kyleson in his surfer-dude voice.

Also, whoever thought of Kyle Kyleson deserves a raise.
    Big lol@ simgurufrost spamming preorder! In the chat. 😆 🤣
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I just want to say this is one of the best livestreams they have ever done. I usually find them kind of unwatchable. Obviously streaming is not the gurus job and you can tell. But I found this one pretty seamless and very informative.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    So many new things implemented! I do hope they will work without too much bugs. I have longed so much for family reunions.
    Do we know if there is a swimmable body of water?
    Also will we be able to control the visiting Sims? Because if not it could quickly become a nightmare.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    Let me first start by emitting my sympathy hugs to all the cc/mod creators out there who are about to get hit with a massive cc-fix nightmare (for mods and cas and build/buy).... ouch!

Just off the top of my head: It looks like all doors/gates, many if not most comfort items, many surface items, storage items, all kids furnishings, all kids toys, plumbing items (or maybe just bathtubs?), etc.... And then there's also the endless list of mods that will get hit with both the big baby update and the new pack (pie menus, cas options, new interactions, etc).

Anyways, it looks like this pack is going to be one of those 'essential' must-have packs if you want the full benefit of gameplay options (like Seasons or Cats & Dogs).

I might just have to get one (or more) of my 'single-and-loving-it' sims preggers.... >:)

I hope the CAS and BB items won't be hit too hard, but this is definitely going to break some things. On the other hand this is going to be the Modpocalypse. A lot of stories here on the forums in creative corner and on blogs all over are going to wind up on hiatus or sims and lots are suddenly going to look veryyyy different.😲

If everything functions like it should, and this pack drops as trouble free as Werewolves did, it will end up being worth it.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    edited March 2023
    Ziafar wrote: »
    So many new things implemented! I do hope they will work without too much bugs. I have longed so much for family reunions.
    Also will we be able to control the visiting Sims? Because if not it could quickly become a nightmare.

The lake in Gilbert Gardens is swimmable.
    This live stream is blowing me away. So much to it... the sims personalities are about to be LIT! and I still got an hour plus left.🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺
    I SO can't wait to play around with this.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    Thank you @DaniRose2143
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »

You can swim at the lake in Gilbert Gardens
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited March 2023
    I liked the stream! It was a tad long, but that is just me being used to hit pause whenever I watch anything lasting longer than 28 minutes... The gurus did a great job, and the only bad was the sound but it improved.

I was happily surprised by CAS! So many casual items there that I know I will use a lot.

Happy with kids finally learning regular skills, at least some. It really makes sense that a child playing the piano does not need to start from scratch again once becoming a teen.

Infant looks great. I normally not play babies, and with the free infant update they are not really the selling point for me. Nice there are a few objects improving on that infant experience, though.

I like the world, too. Especially the Gilbert Garden hood looks nice. I will need to adjust my plans on who to live where. Easier to plan after seeing the world, and I'm so grateful we got more than a glimpse of all 3 hoods.

My least liked feature is the milestones, as I don't see how I can benefit from them. I really hope they will limit to say the 10 latest, or deleting old milestones that are less important. I got the impression that none of them will ever be deleted, and I really don't see why my Adult sim need to look up when he got the "first taste of food" milestone? I think infant milestones should be deleted when your sim becomes teen. Hopefully we can delete each milestone that we don't want to keep. I don't look forward to clean up milestones for my 500 played sims, though... Instead I worry hey will affect game performance for no gain. And - I'm not very fond of popups, so I really hope there won't be 10 milestones per day in a household...

I do wonder how infants learning will work when playing on rotation. How many sim days do EA think we play in one house before moving on? I wonder if there will be much point if I play each infant only for 3 simdays. With most packs added, I need to take care of so many different aspects in this game... but of course, infants shall have my full attention for a while.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Lmboooooooo @ Grimsurudoi naming the world's and his conflict with the designers. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    edited March 2023

I hope the CAS and BB items won't be hit too hard, but this is definitely going to break some things. On the other hand this is going to be the Modpocalypse. A lot of stories here on the forums in creative corner and on blogs all over are going to wind up on hiatus or sims and lots are suddenly going to look veryyyy different.😲

If everything functions like it should, and this pack drops as trouble free as Werewolves did, it will end up being worth it.

Speaking of modpocalypse.....

This baby update is going to give a whole new meaning to the infamous "100 Baby Challenge" that simmers have been playing. I can't wait to see who will be the first simmer to take it on after babies are no longer bassinet fixtures and must be tended to individually, constantly.

Babypocalypse! :#

• emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

About the BG update:

Science baby!!! Epic! I will really look forward to this feature. It would have solved so many predicaments in my stories, but now I'll be able to. Thanks, Devs!

I'm still neutral about the infants, but I will enjoy playing them for the first time. The new stuff looks cute (yay for the new bassinets).

But I'm afraid that the next patch will break the whole game, and that they won't fix the supernatural speed (Vampires & Werewolves) that the Devs broken in November :s

About the EP:

I liked some items like the Treehouse, the family photos and the water features.

The stream was all about talking, and talking and talking but not showing the gameplay. I only saw notifications, and so far the milestones look like badges (no gameplay at all). Sorry now I feel that the EP is not for me because:

-The devs never said if they took the occults into account for the gameplay.

-Thanks to how the devs showed the new lot type I feel it is like a simplified Arts Center (from City living). I already play with the beautiful Arts Center lot.

-The world is a let down: I expected at least ONE urban neighborhood. The residential neighborhood is not customizable even if I demolish the premade houses. It is full of fake houses of the same style. I did not see anything special or new at the world (or maybe the devs did not show everything because they keep talking and talking and talking).

-I feel the new system will be like Wants and Fears, Lifestyles, "Story Progession" and that compulsive "Best friends" from HS (that I did not bought because of this, it is the only one that do not have an OFF choice) : bad tunned features that destroys the already achieved personalities of my sims.

-I saw that the OLD toddlers issues were not fixed.

Maybe all this is a perception of the livestream... I will see how the EP works for other players ;)