Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5: What sort of multiplayer game play would you most like

Comments

• Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    If there's so much as a hint of multiplayer, I'm running in the other direction!
    I voted in the orange, because I will probably never touch a Multiplayer aspect. I mean, who am I going to play with, my mom? She's the only other soul I know personally who plays.
    I don't mind if there are some aspects that you can share. And I don't mind if there is an option to play with friends if you so choose. But if those of us who don't lose out in any way due to it, I will be looking into EA's newest competitors. Yeah, the days of Sims being THE SIMS is over thanks to Paralives, and others.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    If there's so much as a hint of multiplayer, I'm running in the other direction!
    The way I play, multi-player just isn't something I want at all.

It's an exaggeration to say I'd run the other way if Sims 5 had any multi-player feature. But I know I wouldn't use the feature, so my interest in the game would depend entirely on how good the offline game is. I'm not that interested in 5 anyway, so it would have to be really good to get me. I like 4 and am pretty happy to just keep play that until I no longer can.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    none at all
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I think there will be a lot of unintended consequences of a major online aspect. Especially if it involves synchronous play. There will be a lot of maintenance and logistics on the back end to maintain the online play. You will need a steady online connection and I am fearful that the devs will become so involved in the online aspect, that gameplay will become limited or neglected. I would prefer a limited online aspect such as a gallery to share builds/sims or maybe some kind of simport (I never used this but from what I heard it sounds neat). I was involved in the Simcity 2013 phenomenon and I would not want that to happen to The Sims series.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    i'm not against multiplayer, but for the sims franchise, i am.

the sims 4 was built on an engine meant to be multiplayer and where did that get us? an unfinished game. no toddlers on release, updates that should've already been in the game (re: the first update ADDING ghosts and pools because they didn't exist), and a lot of bugs that plagued the game. i don't trust EA to fully flesh out a sims game on release because they're so used to dishing out half-done content and shafting the sims audience. if they don't fully commit to actually making a decent base game before its release, what's multiplayer going to look like? a buggy mess, like everything else.
    i'd rather they spend all their braincells on the base game before considering adding a multiplayer component to it, or if they're so insistent on making a multiplayer game, making it a spin-off and not a main title.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't mind stuff like the Gallery so players can share builds and sims with each other, but multiplayer gameplay is a BIG no.
  • chongjasminechongjasmine Posts: 68 Member
    I don't want multi-players.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Nonel Sims is a solo game. I don't want some stranger coming in and messing with my game. Period, end of discussion.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Includes on offline component and an optional, limited multiplayer component.
    Private server, invitation only. With the right people (those matching your own playstyle) a rags to riches challenge or werewolf pack casual gameplay might be fun.

Alternately every player can set aside a single neighborhood as visitable by everyone and sell typical souveniers of their world there. Such souveniers could become a major incentive to visit each other. That business district would have the option to set certain rules that are then enforced in visitors (like no romancing, no fighting, no kleptos, no nudity).
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,110 Member
    I will never play multiplayer in the Sims, but if there is an option for the people that want it that's fine. Just don't pose any restrictions on content we can have if we don't play multiplayer!!
  • Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
    The biggest online feature I want to see expanded is the gallery. I wish it gave better options for lot images or even a sort of preview video or ability to move the view around and get a feel for the lot. I also wish it would be more CC friendly by somehow showing us what cc is used. I'm not sure how this could be done, but it would be amazing if it was possible. CC is such a big part of the game for many people.

The multiplayer aspect I'm somewhat curious about. Having other players visit my restaurant or shop could be fun.
  • ebrietasebrietas Posts: 25 Member
    Definitely ''Includes on offline component and an optional, limited multiplayer component.''
    Tbh I'd never want The Sims to be online, since, you know, The Sims games supposed to be singleplayer life simulation games :)
    But oh well, If I don't remember wrong, It's confirmed that The Sims 5 will have some kind of multiplayer mode or something. It can't be a mmo (because obv it wouldn't be a Sims game at that point). So I think it will be like some kind of coop, where we invite our friends (and an option to create an public game so anyone who wants to join can hop in)
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    The only sort of multiplayer that would interest me would be an optional drop in/drop out co-op mode, sort of like Stardew Valley or perhaps considering the way my Sims 4 games tend to go, Saints Row would be a better analogy.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I voted I'll be running in the other direction just so the gurus will see it, but I already decided to quit the franchise once Sims4 ends. Maybe sooner than that as I am again playing offline and have no intention of updating my game for a very long time. EA's lack of success in the past with this multi-player plan is reason enough to be wary of EA's skillset to make this happen without the whole thing imploding on the first day Sims5 is released. That and the fact I don't feel like waiting for Sims5 for another 'few' years is enough to prompt me to jump ship now rather than later. The more I learn about Project Rene, the less I like it. It's as if EA and the teams have totally stopped listening to us. And that is evident in the way they have stopped giving us meaningful updates that could mean the difference between players leaving the franchise or staying with the franchise. So much for transparency, right? Well, I am done with this nonsense. It has been going on for years, too many years, and I prefer substance over speculation any day.
  • GuthraielGuthraiel Posts: 8 New Member
    Includes an offline component and an optional, massively mulitplayer component.
    oh so many kids would end up traumatised lmao
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    none sims4 must be single player only and offline no online features
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Jotaerre3DJotaerre3D Posts: 954 Member
    None, I'm not fond at all to multiplayer gaming, I prefer a single player/user "offline" mode, also with a permanent license model, not the subscription one, that's why I moved from Adobe's software to Corel, and there is the rumor that TS5 will be a MMO and will come under the subscription model that became popular between software developers.
    Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends call me in that way.
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    I feel like it's going to be like Minecraft or Gmod where the main game will be solo/offline but you'll have the option to either invite one or more people to your game or either create a big server (the latter meh.. I do not know how this would work).

Plus, it's also confirmed by some job listings that there is going to be a deep storyline for the game so it definitely won't be multiplayer only, just an option.
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • WiredTVCrazeWiredTVCraze Posts: 8 New Member
    Fully multiplayer, but limited to people in a group that you have to mutually approve.
    Multi-Player version? To me at least, Sims is a different sort of game dealing with human interactions being simulated. With that said, can be more personal to a point. I'd rather limited that to known sub-groups or clubs to control undesirable connections. Leaving it open to the wild jungle and you may encounter a tiger or a lion which would not be fun. Some with only the intention of destroying the game play only and not have the spirit of wholesome good gameplay. Then we have deal with who to ban when those rules are broken, and there will be violators. Maybe limit the Evil aspects to only certain modes of multi-play. Divide it up by age range restrictions, and so on. To protect young minds. There's lots to consider when you open up to the multi-player world. But can be fun versus those FPS shooters multi-player matches.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    edited May 2023
    I'm really against any form of multiplayer. For me it's just the worst possible form of gaming and totally the opposite of what The Sims is and should remain. There is a part of me that would love to join with my forums friends for some simming, but I already have that now. We come in here and we talk about what's happening in our games and we share pictures and stories. I would be...ok, with including a multiplayer option, emphasis on option, but only if the multiplayer clearly takes a backseat to offline single player. There should be no offering access to content only if you go into multiplayer mode. If something is offered to the multiplayer option it should be offered to the offline players too with no strings attached. That's one of my big fears with even including an option for multiplayer simming, any extra content will end up being tied to you going into multiplayer mode to get those little extras. Or even worse, huge chunks of gameplay features, and only the best ones, will be reserved for those who play multiplayer.
    When Sims 3 had its showtime expansion with the ability to send your sims to another's game online, I didn't use this feature. At All! Admittedly we were a little conservative paranoid back then, but with the internet the way it is, it's kind of deserved. If they added any multiplayer component I wouldn't be using it. I don't know simmers in real life, except for my mom who plays on the same machine as I do. If you have to be online to play, if the game is not saved on your own pc, if it's not possible to mod the game, I'm out.

I don't care that you can, technically, leave a multiplayer game if another simmer is trouble. If they did this, would I have to then sacrifice the whole multiplayer game, the sims, the builds, etc. I don't like the sound of that.

If they had it so a multiplayer space, kind of like a lot or neighborhood but online, where you could travel with your sim to... eeh, That sounds like trouble to me.

The fact is, with kids when they get online there are sickos who try to prey on them. It's a fact of life. EA might want to believe they are doing the best, but even if they put a filter only letting players who self identify as over 18 play multiplayer, there are going to be teens who break this. Or worse, adults who do, if Teens are only allowed to play with other teens. And unless EA has a super powered filter up, monitoring all communications, stuff is going to happen. Stuff that EA will be legally responsible for. I don't want EA to do this, because I don't want them to be shut down by lawsuits or shamed into shutting down by the press after something disastrous happens.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Or by government action. Online multiplayer opens up so many issues that there are no guarantees of avoiding or blocking, too many holes for the 'bad guys' to exploit and EA be liable for. Keep it safe and simple by keeping it single.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Or by government action. Online multiplayer opens up so many issues that there are no guarantees of avoiding or blocking, too many holes for the 'bad guys' to exploit and EA be liable for. Keep it safe and simple by keeping it single.

The multiplayer mode is not mmo.Its just going to be you inviting friends to the game.I think this will be less issue.Since you can only invite people you want?
  • Doctor_JackDoctor_Jack Posts: 9 New Member
    I think I would prefer if the multiplayer component was like a city or neighborhood where my sims could travel to and interact with other players sims, if I wanted. So I could play the offline sims the way I do now.

The multiplayer mode is not mmo.Its just going to be you inviting friends to the game.I think this will be less issue.Since you can only invite people you want?

But how would you invite them to join your game. Most likely you'd be either adding a player to a friends list by their EA user ID, or be plugging a numeric code into a search bar. A numeric code your "Friends" share with you. You'd use internet chat rooms and such to get these names or codes. I suppose it is an excuse if the initial contact was not made on an EA server, legal department would like that very much. I still don't like it.