Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    Wow. I just started a new neighborhood today. All the residents of Willow Creek woke up this morning to learn that they are off the grid, but their houses have been hooked up with solar and wind power and dew collectors or wells (if they are on the river). Something bad is going down in SimCity, and it may or may not have anything to do with Jessica Ebadi's arrival there. (She's the burglar from The Sims 2.) She just got a job with the publishing company and has been reading up on mischief and filling her little yard a vegetable and flower garden, since food supplies have become unreliable in town. She also made friends with some of the neighbors, although Travis seemed to be hoarding that heirloom fruitcake for some reason. A few selfies later, and she was besties with all three of her neighbors.
    Sadly, it is rumored that Malcolm Landgraab might be organizing a gang to terrorize sims in the community lots. We'll see how that progresses.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    edited January 19
    Never A Quiet Moment, a NEW Erik Cantrell Save

One thing Erik learned was living in a dorm was louder than living with five kids in a house, one of them a Toddler until very recently. He couldn’t get over all of the constant activity. Studying was the worst. Some even broke out into verbal fights. Shouting expletives, left, right and sideways. Throwing things. Madhouse. He recalled how one of his dorm mates actually tried to kick another ‘dormie’ out.
    And sometimes, nasty little notes were left in a room, by the bed. Erik was waiting for his. After that unholy scene his mother created, he certainly wouldn’t be surprised.

Although he began to notice some of the older students giving the Cantrell kids sympathetic looks, especially Aaron. Erik wanted so badly to tell them his mother wasn’t always like that. She was merely having a moment, that she was really a very loving and understanding mother. But, it was none of their business. Their bad for judging her.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Their first term began early Monday morning. For those who didn’t have an eight AM class, they scurried to get dressed to make their Presentations early, so as not to get caught up in a mire of homework until the term was over and they finally realized they forgot something — Oh, yeah, about that Presentation … It was only worth three-quarters of their grade.

Erik was one of the lucky ones, his first class wasn’t until nine-thirty. He was also very glad he was an early-riser. Sometimes, too early, but he managed on what little sleep he did get. While others in the dorm were running around madly, having forgotten to set their alarms, he was busy making his presentation. Yet, another thing ticked off of his to-do list.

Scooting in to his very first class, he quickly took out paper and pen and started taking notes. He figured the more studious he looked, the less likely the Professor would call him out for being a nanosecond late to class. Erik shuddered recalling how Ms. Prescott detained him for such. The fact he was a Global Superstar, was most certainly behind her reasoning. He could only imagine what the rest of the school-year would have been like. No, thank you. He gratefully took the offer to graduate early after that.

By the end of this first day, Erik finally ran into Kayleigh. He was hard-pressed to understand why his need to just see her was so great. Until, he came upon her. I am so in love with you.

“Erik, there you are. Feels like years since I saw you last,” she giggled.
    AIx2anP.jpg
    “You, too?”

“I have a secret I want to share with you,” she cooed. “Come close.”
    hlLMQdL.jpg

“Closer, closer,” she invited.
    wPPY9CX.jpg
    “Oh, thank you, Ma’am. Got any more of those secrets? I’ll take two.”
    “Don’t be greedy.”

“Hey, I’m done with my classes for the day,” he said. “What do you say we go study together?”
    “Where, the library over at Drake’s Den?”
    “No, I have another place in mind.”

Upstairs, Erik took her hand and led her to the back veranda. Opening the door, he gestured her through it. “Milady, after you.”
    “So gallant.”
    The two settled onto the bench to the right of the door. Although there were a lot of students in the small study area, just inside, all they heard was muffled sounds, thankfully.
    s32NRyo.jpg

Opening their books, they both got to work, studying.
    O1U07Gs.jpg

“This is nice,” Kayleigh said. “I like being with you. I was starting to feel lonely.”
    “Me, too,” Erik confessed. “I’m sorry I neglected you.”
    “The weekend was a whirlwind with a circus in town, besides. I’m glad you won Best Song. I wanted to watch the show but the older students took over the TV room and TV wasn’t allowed. Guess that was their revenge on us. I’m not sure I like them much. Some of them are really mean.”

They grew quiet with that and took to their books again. Erik had two batches of homework, one for each class he had today. He was partly through the second one when their solitude was stolen.
    “Oh, there you two are. We were all wondering if you went off on a concert or such and if so, if you had taken Kayleigh with you. Oh, and to deliver the message from all four parents, borrowing a line from an ancient movie, ‘No patty-fingers’.” Her Irish accent was perfect.
    Jkq0Ueq.jpg
    “What?” Kayleigh said, knitting her brow.
    “Are you intentionally spying on us?” Erik asked.
    “Well, I drew the short stick this time.”

“I’m done,” Erik announced after Brianna went back inside.
    “So, am I. Went faster when studying with a friend.” She grinned.

The two went back indoors and took a seat on the couch opposite the tiny boombox. They sat there, content to listen to the music and then Erik got a gleam in his eye.
    “Gotcha!”
    ZCUxzou.jpg

“Your sister said, no patty-fingers,” Kayleigh giggled, breathless from the onslaught. Trying, unsuccessfully, to push his hands away.
    “This isn’t patty-fingers. My hands are right where you can see them.”
    “Ah, you beast.”

Erik leaned into her, murmuring, “I love you so much, Kayleigh, it hurts.”
    mPghQSl.jpg

As the evening turned into night, one by one the students all found their way into their beds. Erik headed to the restroom to brush his teeth when a Sim, his Stan as it turned out, confronted him. Erik signed his autograph for the guy.
    HZb1pGn.jpg

Hitting his face with the special facial cleanser, Erik slipped into bed. They had four days left to this first term.

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    @DaniRose2143
    P.1114 Thank you ☺️ A movie studio sounds awesome, can’t wait to see it. Aw perfect shot indeed. P.1115 Glad Londyn and Danielle are enjoying their time at San Myshuno. They look fabulous. Glad you found a lot that suited your story, sometimes we gotta search a little more and we find what we need.
    @LonelyWolfTales
    P.1114 Didn’t think I’d miss Owen being around but I do. 😔 Aw Mikkel falling asleep in Owens spot is adorable.
    @DreamPrincess
    P.1114 Neat, good to know about the photo booths.
    Eachanns pet bed is adorable. Great catches everyone! P.1115 Must’ve been fun playing in the fountain. Love the kiddie pool at the end, a great place to cool down.
    @Ellupelluellu
    P.1114 Aww Matts out with ..C7-5554. They both look happy though
    @GalacticGal
    P.1114 Oof not the best start on thanksgiving day. Least Brianna got it taken care of😉 Aw Erik baked a cute cake. Happy Birthday Adrian! Haha Erik had to go hide out in the bathroom to study😭 Judith makes an appearance in an unlikely place! Hey, Congratulations to Kayleigh and Aaron on prom royalty and jester! P.1115 Back off Erik, Judith! Haha Clara ranting on the mic, must’ve been fun to watch. Lmao Louise getting upset her kids didn’t greet her. My mom used to do that🤣 Love that Aaron disappeared while Brianna hugged her🤣 Awh she missed having them home🥹 P.1116 Woah, lots of things going in on the dorms😳Aww sweet secret, lmao Erik asking for another🤣 Haha this line “Well, I drew the short stick this time.” His siblings are funny. Best of luck on the rest of their semester.
    @Metior_Ice
    Ch.1 - Oh Alex. Love his fins color btw. Back to Damion, this won’t end well. Ch.2 - Damions a devious one. Wow, his voice is really gone. At least now he gets the girl? Or did a lot of time pass😧
    @Brd709
    She’s finally caught, hope they throw the book at her! Great update.
    Thank you @BlueSeaWaves It was so odd watching Clara go off like that and for reasons totally unknown. Then Louise is going nuts, too. Crazy-Town in my game. But that's what makes it fun. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    @GalacticGal, page 1115.
    I think that's just the water's texture. Or did you mean her gloves? Anyway, thank you!

No, it looked like knee-high socks to me. Oh, well. Gave me a good chuckle, anyway.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    Not much has been going on in my Local Color save, so here's a summary of what's happened so far.
    Mitchell aged up to a child, him and Connie stuck together at school and outside. KwPaxxQ.png
    I think they’re going to become best friends. Rsh6vRQ.png The two joked around sometimes of how demanding their moms are😆 cGGGxcY.png Connie reached the final rank in drama club. Aeri was proud of her. Connie couldn’t help become embarrassed when she knelt down to kiss her cheek. wou4DB1.png Scarlett visited the house from time to time, usually bringing over Mitchell with her. Sometimes he wouldn’t come because him and Connie would play video games online. Connie would become distracted while Senna spoke with Scarlett. “Did Mitchell send his mom over on purpose to distract me?” She wondered. If it was his plan it worked. Connie lost round after round😂 dNTs5ed.png Mitchell came over one day while Connie was at drama club. Aeri and Senna invited him inside to wait for Connie’s return. Mitchell got on the computer and played some games. Aeri walked past him and almost as if on cue, the computer broke. Aeri immediately turned her head to face him. “Did this kid just break my computer?!” Aeri thought. “Don’t look back, don’t look back, don’t look back” Mitchell told himself as he felt Aeri’s eyes on him🤣🫣 5JbePUT.png As for Aeri, she had become good friends with Scarlett. The two were gym buddies. cPhzvWx.png When the house was empty, Senna would usually spend time with Olivia and Scarlett. Though 2 sims got in the middle of them one time and she could hardly hear what was being said. A7B63zT.png I completely forgot Aeri was aging up and in the middle of the night she woke up and twirled around. Looks like she forgot it was her birthday too.😅 tRyWlLF.png Aeri thought she’d go downstairs and grab a slice of cake from the fridge to celebrate. There’s always cake in the fridge. She became angry when she saw it was empty. “C’mon there’s ALWAYS cake in the fridge” Sorry Aeri. KeDRHlT.png
    @GalacticGal My problem was I was searching for ‘theatre’, and this morning before work I tried again but used ‘Broadway’ and found what I was looking for. I am notoriously bad at search queries.

Yes, sometimes it's all in how you ask the question, I've learned.
    @BlueSeaWaves Loved your Local Color chapter. Delightful. I did feel for Aeri when there was no cake in the fridge, when there is always cake in the fridge. Who ate the cake? Is the question.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves He’s likely to get the girl. Damion’s enchantment will guarantee that he gets to meet her. The question is: Will Alexander Goth ever get to speak again?
    I’m probably going to eventually give him his voice back, maybe. 🤔
    @BlueSeaWaves Loved the update! I have a terrible sweet tooth, so I can empathize with Aeri. Cake and Ice Cream never lasts long enough in the fridge. 😭
    edited March 2023
    Metior_Ice wrote: »

Not until he learns his lesson, I hope. As in he has to earn it back. Just sayin'

Not until he learns his lesson, I hope. As in he has to earn it back. Just sayin'

I absolutely love that idea. He can't just get his voice back. It can't be that easy.
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    I moved my sims to Brindleton Bay made their house a haunted one as I want my female sim to be a paranormal investigator 😂 her husband just became a five star celebrity. Got them to get two kittens and my female pregnant. Just gave one of the kitten an age up treat then my boyfriend decided he wanted to change the Ethernet cables for my computer and his PS5 and of course I couldn’t save my game coz kitten was aging up so have lost all that 😞 thank god it has only gone back to the save I started this morning so I can do what I did today saving as I go on Saturday as I’m working tomorrow night ☺️
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves,
    Thank you!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    edited March 2023
    Today I am taking screenshots for chapter 11 of my story. (I like to stay a little ahead) I was very pleased with this cute outfit I put on Claire. Their conversation at this café may be a little rough, but she always looks polished and perfect <3

w3C0jxB.png
    G7sXSBF.png
    KPUMYpr.png
    s54gWQ5.png
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    edited March 2023
    Kerrigan: “Is it not a dog's natural state to have a master? It is the truth of canine-kind. You crave real leadership. Now, inform your current leader she is to kneel to the new Alpha. Me.”

Lux: "Oh wow, you are crazy as heck! I'll tell Rory, but I think you're not going to like her answer..."

7XFX8Jy.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Hello my fellow Simmers. Just wanted to share with you a new build that I'm especially pleased to have made. B)
    It's a Futuristic Star shape home for my Futuristic Couple that are part Alien/Human/Werewolf with powerful Spellcaster powers. It's saved in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS if any simmer is looking for some SiFi fun. :p Also, all are welcome to look at my other SiFi homes & households.
    PS: I also have many Historical builds & households as well. ;)
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    While I was working on Londyn and Danielle's night out to see Moulin Rouge I decided to scrap the Satine I downloaded from the gallery and I made my own. I wanted to try and recreate her outfit from the 'Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend' scene at the beginning of the movie, but I don't have any that really capture that look and the ones that come the closest would get me banned. But Sifix created a copy of Satine's red gown from the following scene backstage so I went with that instead.
    0jyTUks.png
    lB2celA.png
    dZEOKV7.png

Back to work.🙂
    edited March 2023

I absolutely love that idea. He can't just get his voice back. It can't be that easy.

To add to this, I ended up deleting Alexander’s relationship with Ember using MCCC…

I’m going to see if Alex can rebuild his relationship with Ember without saying a word, and I want his relationship to be something meaningful. If he succeeds, I might give him his voice back!

I’m aware of the “Other Sim” options, but those will be a last resort.

For Alexander to earn his voice back, he definitely needs to overcome the challenges that come with not having his voice.

Edit: I expect this to take quite a while, so I’m going to need to get used to Alexander not being able to speak… this will require some changes in what I had planned for the story, but I think it will be worth it.
    @DreamPrincess
    Another great chapter! It's really wonderful to see all the love and support the whole family shows to one another. Splashing in the fountain looked like a lot of fun.

@GalacticGal
    One presentation is worth 75% of your grade?! No pressure there.lol Nice trick Kayleigh! Oh wow, that's some really next level crazy stanning if you hound a guy on the way to the restroom.🙄 Great update as usual!

@BlueSeaWaves
    Thank you so much.❤️ Mitchell, that was a really good decision not turning around to look at Aeri. The look on her face could kill all by itself. Who would be lowdown enough to just take the last piece of cake without baking a replacement? That's cold.

@DarkLady2788
    Sorry to hear you lost all that progress. At least you can recreate what you lost. Good luck!

@hellohannah2
    I looking forward to the next chapter. Claire is looking really lovely.

@Kerrigan
    Kerrigan vs Rory. That should be...interesting!🫣
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    @hellohannah2 Claire carries off the Burberry look very well. I used to work for them so I'm a bit biased.
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    While I was working on Londyn and Danielle's night out to see Moulin Rouge I decided to scrap the Satine I downloaded from the gallery and I made my own. I wanted to try and recreate her outfit from the 'Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend' scene at the beginning of the movie, but I don't have any that really capture that look and the ones that come the closest would get me banned. But Sifix created a copy of Satine's red gown from the following scene backstage so I went with that instead.
    0jyTUks.png
    lB2celA.png
    dZEOKV7.png

Back to work.🙂

What a great looking sim. Is she going to go in the gallery because I'd be interested in downloading her for my game? Were any CC used on her face like the eyes or are they all BG?

@Kellogg_J_Kellogg Thank you.🙂 In the screenshots she is entirely cc. I would be happy to make a quick cc free version to upload to the gallery. I could do one as just an ordinary sim or I could recreate that look, minus the dress, using BG and pack content. After that if you'd like to have that exact look I can list all of the cc I used to make her. There's not a lot but luckily everything aside from the gloves has the creators name on the thumbnail so I could easily trace the exact file.
  • hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    @DaniRose2143 your sims are so beautiful it makes me wanna scream. If you don't mind sharing, where do you get your CC hairs? Do you have a favorite cc creator?
    s54gWQ5.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top