Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This game is unplayable

2...Next

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I hear you on that. No amount of new DLC can compensate for a broken game. It was a bugfest when it launched, the bugs have since multiplied uncontrollably, so now we have a total mess. Sad thing is that as long as EA is making money with this, nothing will improve.
  • pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 60 Member
    Not to mention that most of the major DLCs (packs) released within the past two years were remarkably broken. I think this might be due to divestment in quality assurance; older packs generally had more people working on quality assurance than a lot of the newer ones, from what I've seen. I might be wrong, but didn't the Desert Luxe Kit have a larger QA team than My Wedding Stories?
  • angelblu3y3zangelblu3y3z Posts: 2 New Member
    Don't know if I am in the right area but hopefully someone here can help me. This is my first time back to the game since EA took over SIMS from ORIGIN and I'm not liking the fact that it is showing me that I would have to purchase a game pack that I already bought when I played on ORIGIN. If that is the case, they can take it a shove it. Can someone explain this to me? Please & thank you.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    Don't know if I am in the right area but hopefully someone here can help me. This is my first time back to the game since EA took over SIMS from ORIGIN and I'm not liking the fact that it is showing me that I would have to purchase a game pack that I already bought when I played on ORIGIN. If that is the case, they can take it a shove it. Can someone explain this to me? Please & thank you.

Hello @angelblu3y3z... :)
    It might be best to head on over to the AHQ site to search for the issue that you are having as I'm sure there have been threads already made about your issue... :)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-app/ct-p/ea-app-en
  • angelblu3y3zangelblu3y3z Posts: 2 New Member
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > Hello @angelblu3y3z... :)
    > It might be best to head on over to the AHQ site to search for the issue that you are having as I'm sure there have been threads already made about your issue... :)
    > https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-app/ct-p/ea-app-en

Thank you very much for your help. It is greatly appreciated :smiley:
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    > @lisasc360 said:
    > Hello @angelblu3y3z... :)
    > It might be best to head on over to the AHQ site to search for the issue that you are having as I'm sure there have been threads already made about your issue... :)
    > https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-app/ct-p/ea-app-en

Thank you very much for your help. It is greatly appreciated :smiley:

You're welcome @angelblu3y3z...😀
  • BigBadBobBigBadBob Posts: 2 New Member
    No matter what I do, my sims NEVER do the tasks they want unless I direct them to, and the more I redirect them the angrier they get.
    Their love needs may seem satisfied, but only so long as all other considerations are sidelined.
    They do not, on their own, pursue career goals.
    Often they don't eat, sleep, pee or shower, all the while complaining of the results.
    They randomly do things that offend other sims, and it happens too quickly to see what it was.
    The reject directions on a whim and leave aside the tasks to which they claim to aspire or which they need in order to do well in careers or roles. They always stop whatever they are doing to play games or do something else entirely unproductive.
    No matter how advanced they are at cooking, they always leave off the preparations after the money has been spent and let the half-made food rot. They never bother to clean this up.
    They eat and drink spoiled things they won't clean up.
    They leave trash lying around and won't clean it up.
    No matter how I do or don't micro-manage them, my sims always crash into insane outbursts and uncontrollable rage after a couple hours of playtime
    Either this game is absurdly difficult to play or none of the in-game help is worth a rat's poop in a chocolate factory.
    Is there no sandbox mode where new players can learn the ropes without constantly hanging themselves?
    How can I follow tips that actually work without having to wade through thousands upon thousands of comments to find a reply?
    How is this game fun when it always ends with frenzied, angry, chaotic, rebellious, self-destructive sims no matter what I do?
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    BigBadBob wrote: »
    No matter what I do, my sims NEVER do the tasks they want unless I direct them to, and the more I redirect them the angrier they get.
    Their love needs may seem satisfied, but only so long as all other considerations are sidelined.
    They do not, on their own, pursue career goals.
    Often they don't eat, sleep, pee or shower, all the while complaining of the results.
    They randomly do things that offend other sims, and it happens too quickly to see what it was.
    The reject directions on a whim and leave aside the tasks to which they claim to aspire or which they need in order to do well in careers or roles. They always stop whatever they are doing to play games or do something else entirely unproductive.
    No matter how advanced they are at cooking, they always leave off the preparations after the money has been spent and let the half-made food rot. They never bother to clean this up.
    They eat and drink spoiled things they won't clean up.
    They leave trash lying around and won't clean it up.
    No matter how I do or don't micro-manage them, my sims always crash into insane outbursts and uncontrollable rage after a couple hours of playtime
    Either this game is absurdly difficult to play or none of the in-game help is worth a rat's poop in a chocolate factory.
    Is there no sandbox mode where new players can learn the ropes without constantly hanging themselves?
    How can I follow tips that actually work without having to wade through thousands upon thousands of comments to find a reply?
    How is this game fun when it always ends with frenzied, angry, chaotic, rebellious, self-destructive sims no matter what I do?

The game isn't difficult, it's broken.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    edited March 2023
    I wish I never bought Bust the Dust. It's the worst $5 I've ever spent. It broke my game, my $1000 worth of DLCs and EPs and SPs game. For about a year or two, I followed James Turner's instructions and just disabled the kit on the Origin interface and it was okay. The evil spawn of Satan just disappeared and my game was blissfully free of dust bunnies, unusable counters, and stupid inspired moodlets from a normally vacuumed house for days on end. And then the demon returned.

Uncheck the box in Pack settings, they said. That will fix the problem, they said. No more dust effects, they said.
    They lied.
    The demon returned once again.
    It is unkillable.
    sims-4-debug-cheats-lame-pun.jpg
    My sims cannot cook in their kitchens any more because of this pack.
    So of course I did what any of you would do, I had them eat fresh produce. Do they get the Gift from Mother Nature moodlet they used to get? No, some junk food loving weirdo programmed the game to give Sims diarrhea if they eat produce now. This is what happens:
    harvest_naturesrevenge.jpg
    Why was this update necessary? Why? Did someone think people are eating just too darned much fresh food these days and need to start eating more junk food?

This is a cocktail for starvation in my game. My sims cannot eat.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • amydunneamydunne Posts: 25 Member
    > @sleekoduck87 said:
    > I wish I never bought Bust the Dust. It's the worst $5 I've ever spent. It broke my game, my $1000 worth of DLCs and EPs and SPs game. For about a year or two, I followed James Turner's instructions and just disabled the kit on the Origin interface and it was okay. The evil spawn of Satan just disappeared and my game was blissfully free of dust bunnies, unusable counters, and stupid inspired moodlets from a normally vacuumed house for days on end. And then the demon returned.
    >
    > Uncheck the box in Pack settings, they said. That will fix the problem, they said. No more dust effects, they said.
    > They lied.
    > The demon returned once again.
    > It is unkillable.
    >
    >
    > My sims cannot cook in their kitchens any more because of this pack.
    > So of course I did what any of you would do, I had them eat fresh produce. Do they get the Gift from Mother Nature moodlet they used to get? No, some junk food loving weirdo programmed the game to give Sims diarrhea if they eat produce now. This is what happens:
    >
    > Why was this update necessary? Why? Did someone think people are eating just too darned much fresh food these days and need to start eating more junk food?
    >
    > This is a cocktail for starvation in my game. My sims cannot eat.

Thank you so much for sharing this!! I was on the fence about getting Bust the Dust but I think I'll shelf the idea for now.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I wish I never bought Bust the Dust. It's the worst $5 I've ever spent. It broke my game, my $1000 worth of DLCs and EPs and SPs game. For about a year or two, I followed James Turner's instructions and just disabled the kit on the Origin interface and it was okay. The evil spawn of Satan just disappeared and my game was blissfully free of dust bunnies, unusable counters, and stupid inspired moodlets from a normally vacuumed house for days on end. And then the demon returned.

Uncheck the box in Pack settings, they said. That will fix the problem, they said. No more dust effects, they said.
    They lied.
    The demon returned once again.
    It is unkillable.
    sims-4-debug-cheats-lame-pun.jpg
    My sims cannot cook in their kitchens any more because of this pack.
    So of course I did what any of you would do, I had them eat fresh produce. Do they get the Gift from Mother Nature moodlet they used to get? No, some junk food loving weirdo programmed the game to give Sims diarrhea if they eat produce now. This is what happens:
    harvest_naturesrevenge.jpg
    Why was this update necessary? Why? Did someone think people are eating just too darned much fresh food these days and need to start eating more junk food?

This is a cocktail for starvation in my game. My sims cannot eat.

Major bummer! Not gotten that kit, never will now. Thank you for the warning. Have you tried MCCC? The 'make happy' command will fill empty sim tummies.
  • MadFox32MadFox32 Posts: 2 New Member
    Please let us remove the constant badgering to become best friends. For children, sure. But when my adult sim is in the middle of a performance in the acting career and a sim randomly walks onstage to tell her that they need to be best friends immediately?? And then for my sim to get hit with negative moodlets when she says no? STOP IT.
  • crunchypie0821crunchypie0821 Posts: 4 New Member
    If it wasn't for MCCC and other mods, this game would be completely unplayable for me as well. I finally found out how to stop all the autonomous flirty interactions in MCCC. To me, those read as straight up assault on my sim because i could never get them to stop and my sim couldn't defend themselves in any way. If a random stranger just walks up and assaults my sim, my sim should at the very least be able to instantly fight them.

Speaking of needing to fight, why can strangers just walk into my sims house and get on their computer and insult their furniture?
    - There will be 3 or 4 strangers in my house sometimes just milling around. My sim can't do anything except say go away at which the stranger just walks a few feet away and continues to mill around my sim's house.
    - Locking the door just locks out my family. I give keys to family, and they still stay stuck outside while strangers with no keys just come right in.

Toddler interactions are also awful.
    - Who decided that screaming and kicking at a pet was cute and adorable in the "imitate pet" stoopid thing they do. That whole interaction makes me just want to set the whole house on fire. The pet looks so confused and upset.
    - Same with the "play" toddler interaction. Making like my sim is banging her toddler's head into the ground is not cute or adorable. The whole interaction is infuriating to me and i would LOVE to have a way to just turn those off.
    - I don't like my toddlers interacting with adults or teens at all because I'm afraid it will kick off the "play" interaction that i hate so much i have to reset everybody. I cannot express how much i hate that interaction. And half the time the toddlers don't like it either, so i don't understand why it's even there.
    - There should be a way to discipline toddlers, ESPECIALLY for splashing in the doodoo toilet. THAT IS SO GROSS! There is a "Time Out Box" mod out there which is a great idea, but the mod doesn't work very well.
    - Otherwise, the toddlers are my favorite part of the game, after i learned to never ever even try to use highchairs. So much of them is so cute.

Discipling and grounding children are completely broken. One household with two children spent the entire weekend grounding and yelling because the kid would be standing right beside the parent, after they already got in trouble, and instantly start making a mess again. After the parent had both kids grounded for every single thing on the list and they constantly broke time out and grounding over and over and over again i gave up. They didn't work on a single skill or scout badge the entire weekend.

And don't get me started on children of all ages not even being able to talk to their grandparents because they are famous. Oh! and adult children standing outside of their famous parents' house squealing and swooning at their own freaking parents!!
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    I don't bother playing anymore, I just build, now I can't get into my game to do that. I'm done. I was going to buy the pack. Why not I have all the others, but now I changed my mind. I've playing the sims since sims one and have all the for 1 2, 4 and 4. I think this is telling me time to save my money.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    vcosley wrote: »
    I don't bother playing anymore, I just build, now I can't get into my game to do that. I'm done. I was going to buy the pack. Why not I have all the others, but now I changed my mind. I've playing the sims since sims one and have all the for 1 2, 4 and 4. I think this is telling me time to save my money.
    Are you having trouble with the EA app not loading? If that is your problem you can try this: open EA app, then open task manager, scroll down and find EA background services, force close that (the app will then close too), now relaunch the app and everything should load properly.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 252 Member
    I have spent the last 3 days trying to get the Growing Together pack running. In between hunting down and deleteing out of date mods.
    Finally got it to make an appearance today when I totally disabled all mods.
    Great! I thought.
    Closed the game, re-enabled my nods, restarted the game.
    NO Growing Together, again.

It seems this latest pack and update simply will not run with mods.
    The game will start and run like a hairy goat with the mods in, but the latest pack and updates will not show at all.

Well Done Maxis\EA.

So yep game is a mess and I deleted and binned all my save games for sweet NOTHING.

Lat time I buy anything from this company.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    shorty943p wrote: »
    I have spent the last 3 days trying to get the Growing Together pack running. In between hunting down and deleteing out of date mods.
    Great! I thought.

The game will start and run like a hairy goat with the mods in, but the latest pack and updates will not show at all.

Well Done Maxis\EA.

So yep game is a mess and I deleted and binned all my save games for sweet NOTHING.

That's a mod problem. Time to find out which one is the problem. Not an EA issue.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited March 2023
    shorty943p wrote: »
    Great! I thought.

Well Done Maxis\EA.

EA is not responsible for your mods. There is a thread in the mods section of the forum for every update. This update was huge and broke most mods. The good news is that most of them have been updated. So take out your mods folder, go to the first page of the new broken mods thread, and start updating. Leave out any that haven't been updated or declared compatible and you should be good to go.

Edited to add the link below:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1007107/broken-updated-mods-cc-march-2023-infants-patch/p1
    Post edited by telemwill on
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    No mods, no cc but this game is just so complicated now, to start up again, that's it's unplayable now for me.
    I just got the new pack and enjoyed looking and making a family but having given them a home I'm too tired to even start playing with them.
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I m fed up of milestones disappearing every time I take an infant anywhere. What’s the point of milestones if they disappear constantly and once gone they never return so the infant can never progress to crawling etc. Do these packs never get tested? I ve never used mods or custom content either this is a completely vanilla game!!!
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    My sims don't do anything I tell them since the infant pack. They just stand there for hours. The game is unplayable. EA should pay me back for all the money I've spent on their stupid unplayable game.