Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    I tried many different things, including this, but couldn't make it work.

I just retested, (with gameplay effects off) and between a knight and a 10 grand painting, they get +2 (not +3) for two hours...
    So why would I spend 18, 000§ if it's the same to them as 2, 000§.
    With gameplay effects on it's worse... it's +1 for two hours.

That said, thanks for taking the time to give me solutions @mightysprite I appreciate it.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,831 Member
    Hey @Dijktafone , no problem. So you are getting the moodlets, it's just the size/intensity that has changed. I've never followed those closely so I don't know if I can be any help as to the details of how they work or any changes.
    AFAIK the mood effect isn't calculated directly from the cost in simoleons, but from the "Environment" score at the bottom of the item's description. Like in real life, more expensive doesn't always mean more beautiful :)
  • TitaWorldTitaWorld Posts: 2 New Member
    Pineapple pizza is good
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    TitaWorld wrote: »
    Pineapple pizza is good

I concur! In fact, it’s the best, but only the veggie option, with plenty of jalapeño peppers. 🤤
    (And this comes from a carnivorous monster. It just doesn’t like meat on its pizza).
  • GiggeGigge Posts: 72 Member
    I think the Gallery word filter is hyper-aggressive. I've legit had Mother Goose nursery rhyme lyrics not get through the filter. Nursery rhymes. Safe enough for a 3 year old, too much for a Sims player.
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I don’t like random, unrelated teens in premade households. The only one that makes sense is Kevin Puri. The Kealoha’s biography doesn’t even mention Duane. Yet, there he is. And an adult Miko sharing a room with teen Darling just because their common interest is karaoke is…creepy. I really wish this would stop being a thing.
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    I like My First Pets Stuff.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    I really like Eliza Pancakes and enjoy playing her as a nice Sim.

I created a neighborhood were she is one of three triplets, you can find them roaming around the city. I plan to upload it in the future. Her maiden name is Simovitch. :)
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Go into game settings if you don’t want werewolves in your gameplay you can just limit them to their world. They should have done that with vampires as well 😂 if you don’t want them don’t get the packs they are in 😂 sorry but it had to be said! I like most things in the sims4 it’s nothing like The Sim 2000 which is more hard core than 2,3 and 4 all together. Yet again I’m sorry for my little rant if it offended any of you 😊
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    TitaWorld wrote: »
    Pineapple pizza is good

I totally agree.
    Gigge wrote: »
    I think the Gallery word filter is hyper-aggressive. I've legit had Mother Goose nursery rhyme lyrics not get through the filter. Nursery rhymes. Safe enough for a 3 year old, too much for a Sims player.

Even the original description of maxis houses of the game don't get through in the Dutch version. I've gotten a warning on more than one maxis build after editing the lot and not the description.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I hope that Nancy Landgraab never returns in The Sims 4, or if she does, she's dead. She represents retconning and ignoring lore before the Sims 4 made it cool. And I hate how she has become the darling and central focus of the Landgraab family.

History time, Malcolm Landgraab is the first sim, before the Goths, even before Bob and Betty, even before the Sims itself. He actually comes from the 1999 video game SimCity 3000, as a petitioner advising you on residential development in the city, the residential equivalent of the Chamber of Commerce's Prunella Penny (who I continue to hope in vain makes an official debit to the Sims some day).

While he doesn't appear in the main Sims 1 PC game (though some of his businesses and properties do), he is a key supporting character in the first console spinoff, and the main antagonist in the second spinoff, Bustin Out.

In both of these games, he had two "adult" children, Dudley and Mimi Landgraab. While they were simply just male and female equivalents of each other in the first spinoff, in Bustin Out, they truly develop there own personalities: Dudley, the slacker jock dude bro who lives his frat boy fantasies in his desert trailer park; and Mimi, the gothic Valley it girl with possible personality disorders in her suburban home with a hardcore princess unicorn aesthetic. In both cases, you the player are there to pick up the pieces of their lives after being raised by their workaholic father.

Malcolm himself, despite being supportive of you in the first game, becomes incredibly bitter and petty and takes his anger out on literally the entire town just because your mother dumped him. While at first, you are there to better yourself, along the way you help the town and their problems, and to help repay you, assist you with getting revenge on him, include unleashing secret military hardware on him at an army base, or having a bunch of hippies at a nudist colony concoct a plan to get him arrested for indecent exposure by having you convince Bella Goth to teach you her latest 80s synthwave hit that causes everyone who hears it to strip naked and dance.

Bustin Out was a vibe.

They don't personally return in the Sims 2, but were mentioned in chance cards in the Slacker and Culinary careers. That was the thing about the "lore" in the Sims up until the Sims 2 base game: they tried to make everything part of one cohesive world. In addition to returning characters, they had places, businesses, organisations, and people referenced all over the place, and it had meaning, from SimCity 3000 you had the grateful citizens committee in Unleashed, the working llamas in the Sims 2, Hedman's Hideaway from Hot Date appears in the business career, Malcolm, Dudley and Mimi appearing in other career chance cards. Shiny Things Inc appears in SimCity 3000 and Bustin Out, and is the manufacturer of multiple of your sim's household appliances.

And then, after the base game, it stopped.

This is where it all goes pear shaped for our beloved Malcolm Landgraab. The rest of the Sims 2 made much of an effort to continue with Sims lore, one exception to this (outside of Ginia Kat's never mentioned daughter) was a Malcolm Landgraab. I say "a" as, first, he is like, the 5th one in his line, and that neither him, or anyone of his similarly named ancestors could possibly be THE Malcolm Landgraab as not one of them had Dudley or Mimi as kids, and this Malcolm being so unlike the Malcolm we've come to know in both appearance and personality. This Malcolm resented his family business and just wanted to party.

After this reboot, came reboot number 2. The Nancy years. For some ungodly reason, they decided to make Sunset Valley in the Sims 3 a prequel. In addition to turning elder statesman Gunther Goth and and high society socialite Cornelia into reclusive steampunk literal goths who look like they are browsing a Hot Topic before the My Chemical Romance concert starts, and making Bella Bachelor have resting sucking lemon face, and making sure none of her family have her black hair (even Michael who had black hair in the Sims 1 - but to be fair, that's nothing compared to Sims 2 forgetting be he and Bella are Asian, but that is a different conversation), this meant, apparently, Malcolm needed to be a child, and for some reason, the Milky Bar kid (despite having dark hair in his previous versions), and therefore needed parents.

Unfortunately, and I hate to say this, Malcolm doesn't have the clout to be a prequel character. To be fair no one outside of the trashy soap opera that is Pleasant view does, for some reason (unpopular opinion, chances are, when someone says they love Sims lore, they really mean they only like Sims 2 Pleasantview lore and gladly ignore everything else).

So it is easy for anyone who is an adult to overshadow their children, as that is the sim they will be mostly interacting with, and the newly acquired meme boss Nancy becomes the central focus of the family.

I sort of resent how the community, and YouTubers have focussed on her as the main Landgraab, bordering on meme, while pretty much ignoring Malcolm. The OG sim. The pre sim sim. Even the ones who claim to love lore (I'm still bitter Plumbella did an entire history of the Landgraab family video and didn't even know Dudley and Mimi Landgraab exists, because she didn't personally play Bustin Out, even though she wasn't above to reading parts of the wiki page word for word - it's really noticeable and weird when the YouTuber reads out what you wrote on that page years ago - if only she scrolled down).

I'm a bit biased, since I'm older than most here, I have very fond memories of the Sims 1 "era" including its spinoffs. I have more emotional attachment to more Bustin Out characters than I do any Sims 2, 3 and 4 characters. To this day, I still make Vaughan Braun, Makino Nada, Max Toane among other characters in my games, as I do many Sims 1 characters, SimCity characters. As such, I'm more resentful of the Sims 2 era people love so much, as they killed off (or otherwise made unplayable or flat out ignored) every character from the first game and replaced them with their extremely trashy children to whom a healthy relationship is an alien concept.

Sorry for the rant.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    This is where it all goes pear shaped for our beloved Malcolm Landgraab. The rest of the Sims 2 made much of an effort to continue with Sims lore, one exception to this (outside of Ginia Kat's never mentioned daughter) was a Malcolm Landgraab. I say "a" as, first, he is like, the 5th one in his line, and that neither him, or anyone of his similarly named ancestors could possibly be THE Malcolm Landgraab as not one of them had Dudley or Mimi as kids, and this Malcolm being so unlike the Malcolm we've come to know in both appearance and personality. This Malcolm resented his family business and just wanted to party.

This is the biography of Malcolm Landgrab IV in Sims 2: "The young, handsome, and naïve Landgraab has huge ambitions, as well as the lofty expectations of his family to satisfy. With practically endless capital and few scruples, is there anything that will stand in his way? " Also he's a Fortune sim. That doesn't sound like resenting the family business and wanting to party. Dudley and Mimi come across as party sims in the chance cards, maybe you're getting Dudley and Malcolm confused?
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    I am super happy that San Sequoia doesn't have apartments. I hate apartments.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    I love suburban worlds. I wish we had a peaceful, woodsy one like the original Sims 1 neighborhood--with no fake buildings, no busy streets.
  • sinisterlemonssinisterlemons Posts: 16 Member
    > @Monet11 said:
    > I am super happy that San Sequoia doesn't have apartments. I hate apartments.

I agree! I never play in them. All the annoying lot traits and neighbors make me always choose elsewhere to live.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    I am super happy that San Sequoia doesn't have apartments. I hate apartments.

I would like them more if the neighbours weren't so annoying.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    edited March 2023
    I generally don't mind the ‘alternate universe’ approach to TS4. I'm willing to bet that the Sims team decided to go that route because it gives them an in-universe excuse to include most of the popular Sims from the previous games under one universe, and that they probably weren't sure how to continue or conclude the TS1/TS2/TS3 lore.
    To be fair, while The Sims has a fairly complex lore, continuity is not its strongest aspect.
    Post edited by MMX on
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I like that infants are a little bit “grindy” (tummy time I’m looking at you) when it comes to milestones. Raising infants adds a challenge that TS4 has been lacking.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Thought it was weird when people complain about certain things being paywalled by the Sims 4 when previous successors did the same thing (many a time).

Love S2 but the young adult life stage is completely locked behind a pack and you could only play it if your sim was going to University and would stay a YA long as they were in college. Guess to make the life stage to be more 'worth while' since it was a new life stage. Pack is pretty much useless other than some BB and CAS with nothing for older life stages. Just nothing new with the sims series.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Dine Out, even with all of its bugs, is still one of the best packs :p My favorite part about building the restaurants is creating custom menus and making restaurants with different cultural cuisine that fits each different world that I have for my sims to visit.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,810 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    Dine Out, even with all of its bugs, is still one of the best packs :p My favorite part about building the restaurants is creating custom menus and making restaurants with different cultural cuisine that fits each different world that I have for my sims to visit.

I agree. I love creating restaurants that fit the different worlds. My two Uni graduates celebrated with family today and had a wonderful time at the Brindleton Yacht Club in Brindleton Bay. Everyone remained seated, food was delivered within a reasonable period of time. The chef was standing outside when they arrived but he came right in and headed for the kitchen.
    Coconut27 wrote: »

I agree. I love creating restaurants that fit the different worlds. My two Uni graduates celebrated with family today and had a wonderful time at the Brindleton Yacht Club in Brindleton Bay. Everyone remained seated, food was delivered within a reasonable period of time. The chef was standing outside when they arrived but he came right in and headed for the kitchen.

Love that for them! haha. Yeah whenever i place/edit or make my own restaurant for Brindleton Bay, I make it a seafood restaurant on the docks. Such a cozy feel for sims to dine at! If I don't speed up time, then i don't get as many glitches, and it is functional.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,792 Member
    edited March 2023
    Have the devs fixed Dine Out so that it works? I don't know because I've been using Carl's Dine Out Reloaded mod for several months now. It works like a dream, but I am still curious if the actual pack has been fixed.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    edited March 2023
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Thought it was weird when people complain about certain things being paywalled by the Sims 4 when previous successors did the same thing (many a time).

Love S2 but the young adult life stage is completely locked behind a pack and you could only play it if your sim was going to University and would stay a YA long as they were in college. Guess to make the life stage to be more 'worth while' since it was a new life stage. Pack is pretty much useless other than some BB and CAS with nothing for older life stages. Just nothing new with the sims series.

I'd also like to point out Sims 2 was the game while it introduced Seasons, paywalled that and every Sims game has copied that business model since.
    A1hnP0t.png
    Have the devs fixed Dine Out so that it works? I don't know because I've been using Carl's Dine Out Reloaded mod for several months now. It works like a dream, but I am still curious if the actual pack has been fixed.

they sadly have not. ive been meaning to get carls mod, so i have to remember to get it once i update my mods folder.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top