Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Roadmap Announced: April-June

Comments

• MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Is it too soon to start speculating on a spring roadmap?

I believe the current road map goes through the end of the month and obviously includes the upcoming EP but now I'm wondering what's next.

I'm hoping for a GP, maybe horses, lots of horses hints. I'm also hoping in vain for an Outdoor Retreat refresh.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    An Outdoor Retreat refresh would be great! 👍
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    An Outdoor Retreat refresh would be great! 👍

I wish that we got an update on a lot of stuff. The game has been running for so long that whatever BG and Growing Together brings in for infants won't be able to bridge the gap with all the other EPs, GPs and SPs that we already have.

Will we be unable to knit infant onesies if we own Nifty Knitting despite the fact that we can knit bassinet babies and toddlers onesies? Will occult infants not get dedicated cribs and changing stations matching their packs despite the fact that they have dedicated bassinets? Will we not get stuff for infants that matches any DLC BB item released up to date?

If no updates are coming, then EA shouldn't be sour that many simmers rely on CC creators to complete their games.
    Happy simming!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    I do think there there is a possibility for horses and cars, not sure if they woukd be separate, or whether or not. I’m thinking maybe a hose gamepack, and a car expansion, but it’s all speculation.

I would personally enjoy an Outdoor retreat refresh ( making swimmable areas if possible, and making the insects Parenting 9ack friendly ).

I would enjoy also being able m to visit vacation worlds without having to pay for a vacation. And I would love for sims to be able to live in the Jungle adventure world.

I would also like to see get to work get a refresh there have many good ideas added in other threads on this. Personally one thing I would like to see added is a lot trait such as a simple clothing lot trait where you have to buy pieces for for an outfit to unlock them.

I remember someone posting somewhere that the refresh on spa day did not make a lot of extra money for the pack ( I have no idea if that is even true though ). So, EA might think it a waste of time.

I would love to see stuff packs make a come back.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    I think end of March of beginning of April. There were lots of horses/fairies hints in Growing Together trailer and community lately so maybe that??
    I think its early spring/early summer. They release something each season/once in three months
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Only kits because they keep GP13 for this Summer

Maybe we'll see a comeback of Stuff packs, it'd be weird if we didn't get something like Toddler Stuff, Kids Room of MFP but for infants.
    Happy simming!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I'm thinking the same thing @LeGardePourpre said

Since KITS were introduced we had:

EP – x1
    GP – x1
    SP – x1
    KITS – x9

EP – x1
    GP – x2
    KITS – x8

EP (Coming March 2023)
    KITS – x2
    Paranormal (SP).............................January 2021
    Throwback Fit (Kit)........................March 2021
    Country Kitchen (Kit).....................March 2021
    Bust the Dust (Kit).........................March 2021
    Courtyard Oasis (Kit).....................May 2021
    Dream Home Decorator (GP)..........June 2021
    Cottage Living (EP).........................July 2021
    Industrial Loft (Kit)........................August 2021
    Fashion Street (Kit)........................October 2021
    Incheon Arrivals (Kit).....................October 2021
    Blooming Rooms (Kit)....................November 2021
    Modern Menswear (Kit)..................December 2021
    Carnaval Streetwear (Kit)................February 2022
    My Wedding Stories (GP)................February 2022
    Decor to the Max (Kit)....................March 2022
    Moonlight Chic (Kit).......................May 2022
    Little Campers (Kit)........................May 2022
    Werewolves (GP).............................June 2022
    High Shcool Years (EP)....................July 2022
    First Fits (Kit).................................September 2022
    Desert Luxe (Kit)............................September 2022
    Everyday Clutter (Kit).....................November 2022
    Pastel Pop (Kit)..............................November 2022
    Simtimates (Kit).............................January 2023
    Bathroom Clutter (Kit)....................January 2023
    Growing Together (EP)...................March 2023

• AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I'm thinking the same thing @LeGardePourpre said

Since KITS were introduced we had:

EP – x1
    GP – x1
    SP – x1
    KITS – x9

EP – x1
    GP – x2
    KITS – x8

EP (Coming March 2023)
    KITS – x2
    Paranormal (SP).............................January 2021
    Throwback Fit (Kit)........................March 2021
    Country Kitchen (Kit).....................March 2021
    Bust the Dust (Kit).........................March 2021
    Courtyard Oasis (Kit).....................May 2021
    Dream Home Decorator (GP)..........June 2021
    Cottage Living (EP).........................July 2021
    Industrial Loft (Kit)........................August 2021
    Fashion Street (Kit)........................October 2021
    Incheon Arrivals (Kit).....................October 2021
    Blooming Rooms (Kit)....................November 2021
    Modern Menswear (Kit)..................December 2021
    Carnaval Streetwear (Kit)................February 2022
    My Wedding Stories (GP)................February 2022
    Decor to the Max (Kit)....................March 2022
    Moonlight Chic (Kit).......................May 2022
    Little Campers (Kit)........................May 2022
    Werewolves (GP).............................June 2022
    High Shcool Years (EP)....................July 2022
    First Fits (Kit).................................September 2022
    Desert Luxe (Kit)............................September 2022
    Everyday Clutter (Kit).....................November 2022
    Pastel Pop (Kit)..............................November 2022
    Simtimates (Kit).............................January 2023
    Bathroom Clutter (Kit)....................January 2023
    Growing Together (EP)...................March 2023

I know they said there's still "many years to go" for the Sims 4.... but it sure seems like it's winding down, doesn't it?

Kits are not substantial enough to fill the void of SP/GP/EP. And we've been getting less and less EP/GP since 2020 (with SP's disappearing altogether). We've also had no SDX drop for a couple of months.

For a game that has "many years to go", it certainly isn't showing in the number of DLC's getting thrown at us, like what we're used to? We can no longer blame it on the pandemic, life (and work life) has been back to normal for several months now... so it can't still be that, can it?

EA's 'transparency policies' are about as clear as mud. :|
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I know they said there's still "many years to go" for the Sims 4.... but it sure seems like it's winding down, doesn't it?

Kits are not substantial enough to fill the void of SP/GP/EP. And we've been getting less and less EP/GP since 2020 (with SP's disappearing altogether). We've also had no SDX drop for a couple of months.

For a game that has "many years to go", it certainly isn't showing in the number of DLC's getting thrown at us, like what we're used to? We can no longer blame it on the pandemic, life (and work life) has been back to normal for several months now... so it can't still be that, can it?

EA's 'transparency policies' are about as clear as mud. :|

I think it's really hard to gauge how the pandemic is currently effecting the game without knowing more specific details about their production pipeline. From the way gurus have spoken about them, packs can take most of a year - or possibly even an entire year? - to complete. It's possible there were delays that have had further-reaching effects than we would otherwise expect.

The pack count listed above also doesn't include that they've stated there's another EP to come this year, which would is the first time we've had 2 in a year since 2020 (when a large chunk of work on those packs was likely completed pre-pandemic). This year might see more content as a result of production/work flows balancing out again.

I don't think the issue is in how much content we're getting versus the type and quality. I do think those differences became more noticeable as more and more gurus seem to have been shifted over to Project Rene.
    New roadmap will be a SPRING ROADMAP so I think it will appear in the beginning of April and GP will be May
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    edited March 2023
    It certainly seemed to be winding down before the announcement as well. I feel like "many years to go" is more "our plans for a successor are taking longer than we hoped so we're throwing bones to Sims 4" more than it means "Sims 4's release schedule is going to remain strong". Sims 1 lasted about 4 years. Sims 2 and Sims 3 lasted about 5 years each. We're on year 9 of Sims 4, so it's not like it's being cut short at least.
    lunnarila wrote: »
    I think end of March of beginning of April. There were lots of horses/fairies hints in Growing Together trailer and community lately so maybe that??
    I've heard about the horse ones, what are the fairy ones besides the tooth fairy?

• jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    I wouls say there are three themes with high probabilities right now:
    - Horses: All the hints are there but I feel like they're planning on creation a whole EP around them so I'm not sure
    - Hotels and B&B: the temporary stays feature is what convinced me about an upcoming hotel/resort/B&B pack
    - Fairies: There are some hints sprinkled here and there and it's the last BIG occult not in game yet before moving to the other occults

• maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I would love an EP for horses, with horse ranches, ability to teach horseback riding as an active career on your ranch and be able to ride your horse around the town, like bikes in Henford. I also want Hotels and B&Bs. I have a haunted B&B that currently is just a house but would be easy to change with an EP for hotels. And I will take any and all occults they want to give us, but would love fairies again in game and genies, as well as updating the mermaids, plantsims and aliens!
    edited March 2023
    jomilej wrote: »
    I wouls say there are three themes with high probabilities right now:
    - Horses: All the hints are there but I feel like they're planning on creation a whole EP around them so I'm not sure
    - Hotels and B&B: the temporary stays feature is what convinced me about an upcoming hotel/resort/B&B pack
    - Fairies: There are some hints sprinkled here and there and it's the last BIG occult not in game yet before moving to the other occults

I feel like they have been hinting at fairies for the past few years. I'm surprised we haven't seen a fairy pack yet. But then I also feel like they hinted very heavily about bands for a while there and then... nothing.

Horses, this seems the most likely after the sims Twitter post a few months back and the horse puzzle in GT. I definitely think we will see them before the end of the year, I think they are a strong possibility in the next roadmap.

Hotels/BB- the top of my wish list. I don't want to let myself believe it until I see it. Hopefully if they do come the gameplay is good.
    I would love an EP for horses, with horse ranches, ability to teach horseback riding as an active career on your ranch and be able to ride your horse around the town, like bikes in Henford. I also want Hotels and B&Bs. I have a haunted B&B that currently is just a house but would be easy to change with an EP for hotels. And I will take any and all occults they want to give us, but would love fairies again in game and genies, as well as updating the mermaids, plantsims and aliens!

I love your ideas for horses. I would hope it would be a GP though and not an EP. I feel like we should be able to get the experiences you mentioned housed within a GP. In addition to what you mentioned I would also like to see a ranch type vacation experience where families could go learn to ride, experience the outdoors etc without having to fully commit to having a permanent horse.

I'm hoping that second EP they mentioned coming this year will be hotels/bed and breakfast
    Horses are the most likely since The Sims team on their tiktok account when someone asked them about horses they responded with eyes emoji and horse emoji, even if they had never responded to such questions or requests. Also bands GP is a thing
    Or they might mix bands and hotels and merge it into one huge expansion
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    If we do get horses... and I very much hope we do... I would love to see a pack set in a world outside of the typical US setting. Argentina, Brazil, Australia, Mongolia would be interesting and appropriate settings, and I'm sure there are many other possibilities.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    If we do get horses... and I very much hope we do... I would love to see a pack set in a world outside of the typical US setting. Argentina, Brazil, Australia, Mongolia would be interesting and appropriate settings, and I'm sure there are many other possibilities.

Argentina or more specifically the Patagonia region would be my preferred location. There are certainly beautiful areas of the US that would fit an equestrian pack, however I would like to see something different as well.
  • sinisterlemonssinisterlemons Posts: 16 Member
    I didn’t get to play with horses in TS3, so I would love getting them now because I have nothing to compare them to. I hope it would come with a non American world as well and I’m American. I want to play in new places, places I can’t or havent been myself.
  • amydunneamydunne Posts: 25 Member
    I think there is a high likelihood of hotels/b&b and horses to be combined into one expansion pack, set in a world outside the US. Either that or horses will be a separate game pack and the next expansion will be centered around hotels/b&b.
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    amydunne wrote: »
    I think there is a high likelihood of hotels/b&b and horses to be combined into one expansion pack, set in a world outside the US. Either that or horses will be a separate game pack and the next expansion will be centered around hotels/b&b.

I think it would be more likely that horses would come in a game vs expansion pack. They would have to have so much more to sell than just horses when it comes to an expansion. Even if they introduced a new occult like fairies and added unicorns/horses, I still think it would be a game pack since the rest of the occults came in a game pack (correct?).

I definitely think a hotels/b&b pack would absolutely have to be an expansion with a new world and I would want that world to be not U.S. based. I want something so vastly different than what we have now. I miss the sims 3 vacation worlds and the local townies there. They had more depth than selvarodrian townies. My question though is if they do do an hotel expansion pack would that new world be livable or a vacation world? I don't like getting new worlds where I can't live in.
    lovemy4s wrote: »

I think it would be more likely that horses would come in a game vs expansion pack. They would have to have so much more to sell than just horses when it comes to an expansion. Even if they introduced a new occult like fairies and added unicorns/horses, I still think it would be a game pack since the rest of the occults came in a game pack (correct?).

I definitely think a hotels/b&b pack would absolutely have to be an expansion with a new world and I would want that world to be not U.S. based. I want something so vastly different than what we have now. I miss the sims 3 vacation worlds and the local townies there. They had more depth than selvarodrian townies. My question though is if they do do an hotel expansion pack would that new world be livable or a vacation world? I don't like getting new worlds where I can't live in.

I also think horses will come in separate gamepack soon, maybe May/June?
    lovemy4s wrote: »

The benefit to vacation worlds is that the population can be controlled. If you are trying to create a specific look or culture with the townies that can happen in a vacation world where with a residential world anyone can show up there.

I also loved the vacation worlds with sims 3 though I preferred the hotels of sims 2. I doubt we will ever see a pack that comes with multiple worlds
    A pack that gives the option to run and stay at a hotel and b&b with 3 highly themed destination worlds would be my ideal pack.