Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumoured SDX Sleepwear Set

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I am wondering why EA didn't react when it was leaked. They knew it was leaked and they knew simmers were looking forward to it under the assumption that it was a normal SDX. I know they usually don't react to rumours, but in this case it would have been better if they had.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Hey all,

I understand the FOMO, but here's just a small selection of items that PC players have had that console players still don't:
    • Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    • Awesome Animal Hats (all PC players got this free)
    • Mods
    Rewarding the players with EA Play on console shouldn't be taken as a slight to you if you're on PC.

Oh yeah that's right I had forgot us console players don't have that Family Portrait.

I am on pc and also don't have the family portrait. I wish there was some way to get it in my game. I would even install out sims mobile to unlock it. But this one time offer was never repeated. I wish they would repeat it for All players.

As for the pyjamas, they would definitely have been nice but I can do without. What worries me is the principle. This opens the door for withholding other content from a certain player group based on platform. And that goes both ways. Console players should also be able to get the items created by EA in the list above. I can't think of no reason why this is not available for console players? I thought we all played the same game?

There is a CC version of the family portrait.

https://sims4studio.com/thread/13060/glassplumbob

The pyjamas will probably become available as CC as some point too.

It already has: https://www.simfileshare.net/download/3699455/
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I don't like this idea but I guess this is like how Amazon prime gives exclusive gaming content including free EA Games. I have most of the games that I would play on EA play for free that way, so a subscriptionn now doesn't seem worth it to me for what they have to offer.

I suppose a subscription service makes sense if you play lots of games and don't mind if, at some point, your favourite game is no longer part of their subscription service. I'm not even sure why a subscription would be needed for the Sims 4 since basegame is already free.

Yeah, You're right Sims 4 base game is even free now, they've given away free games through Amazon Prime and Epic Games but I get some free games and don't even play them. I tend to stick to playing The Sims 4. I know it's a game where you really invest your time being creative, not a good idea to go subscription base route and like someone mentioned I don't want this to become the norm either.

The issue I have with subscription systems is that they usually don't keep up the good work that convinced you to get a subscription in the first place. This isn't about EA, all subscription systems work this way and they eventually cut corners.

Do you know if people with EA play get to play with all the expansion packs or only base game?

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I don't like this idea but I guess this is like how Amazon prime gives exclusive gaming content including free EA Games. I have most of the games that I would play on EA play for free that way, so a subscriptionn now doesn't seem worth it to me for what they have to offer.

I suppose a subscription service makes sense if you play lots of games and don't mind if, at some point, your favourite game is no longer part of their subscription service. I'm not even sure why a subscription would be needed for the Sims 4 since basegame is already free.

Yeah, You're right Sims 4 base game is even free now, they've given away free games through Amazon Prime and Epic Games but I get some free games and don't even play them. I tend to stick to playing The Sims 4. I know it's a game where you really invest your time being creative, not a good idea to go subscription base route and like someone mentioned I don't want this to become the norm either.

The issue I have with subscription systems is that they usually don't keep up the good work that convinced you to get a subscription in the first place. This isn't about EA, all subscription systems work this way and they eventually cut corners.

Do you know if people with EA play get to play with all the expansion packs or only base game?

I checked the EA Play website and it listed only basegame. If you chose the cheaper option, you get to play new release games only for upto 10 hours, so if you were looking forward to play the new EP you probably only get to test it out for 10 hours if they offer it.

https://www.ea.com/ea-play
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    I don't understand why they are doing this? I doubt people are going to subscribe to EA Play for some pyjamas...
    Hey all,

I understand the FOMO, but here's just a small selection of items that PC players have had that console players still don't:
    • Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    Rewarding the players with EA Play on console shouldn't be taken as a slight to you if you're on PC.

So.. make them available? I hope this doesn't carry on with future content.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I thought this was locked behind the Digital Deluxe upgrade? Or were they put in the base game at some point? I wanted the upgrade content, but I didn't want to pay 15 bucks CAN to get them.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    I've spent a small fortune on the sims already. I'm not about to pay a subscription fee too.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This isn't called an SDX so I wonder what the new name for it is.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited March 2023
    I've spent a small fortune on the sims already. I'm not about to pay a subscription fee too.

Me either, at least for the sims 4. It was not advertised that way,…..

If I decide to buy the sims 5 I will know I have to be prepared for a subscription service, and I will spend money based on that realization should I decide to buy the sims 5. But changing the sims 4 near the end by putting things behind a subscription paywall is not in the least bit fair.

I never expected to get free content in in the sims 4, and I never asked for it. I did however expect to be able to buy ( without a subscription service ), everything that came out for the sims 4 though. I would much rather pay for packs than get free stuff, and have content locked behind a subscription wall.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am more upset that there wasn't a response sooner from EA to clarify that this was not an SDX but for console players with EA Play. I think that knowing right away about this would have prevented so many of us from being more upset. It excited many of us about receiving PJs we have been wanting for a long time and was very misleading. So I understand the anger with simmers now. I use to play xbox but my sims are PC only. I won't play EA Play either, If I want a game I prefer to buy it. I agree with @AncientMuse. I never liked the idea of corporations being in complete control of my games. I prefer having discs to buy so I can feel that I truly own the game. If a corporation goes out of business, what will happen to the games that we spent so much money on?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    These are so adorable. 😊 I'm definitely grabbing the CC version linked above.

Limited release so those who qualify grab them while you can!

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited March 2023
    Hey all,

• Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    • Mods

Oh yeah that's right I had forgot us console players don't have that Family Portrait.

I am on pc and also don't have the family portrait. I wish there was some way to get it in my game. I would even install out sims mobile to unlock it. But this one time offer was never repeated. I wish they would repeat it for All players.

As for the pyjamas, they would definitely have been nice but I can do without. What worries me is the principle. This opens the door for withholding other content from a certain player group based on platform. And that goes both ways. Console players should also be able to get the items created by EA in the list above. I can't think of no reason why this is not available for console players? I thought we all played the same game?

There is a CC version of the family portrait.

https://sims4studio.com/thread/13060/glassplumbob

I knew about this one but I am not using it. I would prefer the official one because well it is the original. And houses with the maxis one aren't marked as cc on the gallery. It would be nice if EA would repeat the opportunity to unlock it.

As for the pyjamas, I don't need them so desperately to get a cc version. It just makes me wonder what else will be reserved for subscribers only in the future. If this is EA testing a business model for sims 5, then I don't know. I can't subscribe for such a service. I have no subscription for Netflix, Spotify and all those other streaming services and I can't get one for the sims either.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Exactly. They should have clarified the whole thing right away.
    I am wondering why EA didn't react when it was leaked. They knew it was leaked and they knew simmers were looking forward to it under the assumption that it was a normal SDX. I know they usually don't react to rumours, but in this case it would have been better if they had.

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Someone at EA must have lost their mind. Exclusive content for console players behind a subscription service that's also only a limited time offer?

This is absolutely absurd, I don't even care that I won't have access to those items, what's really problematic here is the principal of this offer after a pattern of problematic practices. First My First Pet Stuff (a DLC for DLC), then kits at half the price of a stuff pack with but less than half the content you get from a stuff pack, then exclusive early bird items offered in expansion packs incentivizing players to pay full price for content that is no where near worth the full asking price, and now exclusive content for console players who subscribe to EA Play?

Can we just take a moment to remember that the console version of this game barely runs on last gen consoles, and now they are trying to ring out the tiniest bit more money from console players for some pajamas on a version of the game that BARELY WORKS!

This is obviously the start of something more to come regarding The Sims and subscription based content and I don't want to be here for when that happens. This is genuinely so shameful.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Who is enabling this behaviour?
  • Options
    wingweaver84wingweaver84 Posts: 81 Member
    I'm seeing some really nice sleepwear on MTS and TSR;I know many aren't into having to download more CC but maybe it's a good alternative for now?
    A friendly reminder that Project Rene has not yet been confirmed as Sims 5.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2023
    @EA_Cade

If Console players unlocked it, is it added to their game on PC ?
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    edited March 2023

Maybe not if EA disagree. It's about "paid" content, so it's illegal.

Family Portrait was a reward for a free mobile game. This time the players must pay for this content.

7slx9rql2z58.jpg
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    edited March 2023
    I have a question for those of you that feel excluded, (punished, cheated, etc.) from not getting access to this EA Play subscription perk.

Do any of you watch simmers who stream content on Twitch, or any Twitch streamers for that matter? A lot of them have subscribers as well who pay their earned income to support them.

In many cases, I see a lot of streamers switch their Twitch chats to “subscriber only”, so it’s a perk for those who subscribe to still access and contribute to the chat. Considering how simmers are feeling excluded in this case, do y’all feel like streamers “silence” their viewers when their subscribers are the only ones that can contribute, or is that perk perceived differently?

Same deal with Twitch subscribers that get merch from streamers when other viewers have to pay for it. Better yet, maybe the merch is a “subscriber exclusive”. Again, another subscriber perk. Are they punishing everyone else, or that just a benefit of subscribing? Seems very comparable to the EA Play subscription perk… Thoughts?

Again, this is a genuine question rather than an argument.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I understand the temptation :
    • Millions of TS4 buyers
    • Millions of new free-to-play players
    It would make a lot of subscribers.
  • Options
    MeTime85MeTime85 Posts: 142 Member
    edited March 2023
    Where is the new sleepwear set? Why is not at least showing up in the EA app?
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
    For-forum.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

Maybe not if EA disagree. It's about "paid" content, so it's illegal.

Family Portrait was a reward for a free mobile game. This time the players must pay for this content.

7slx9rql2z58.jpg

Family Portrait was a bribe for PC players to try out the mobile game. This pajama set is free for console players who play a free game on a subscription service. Don't think they will ever charge PC players for it after they released it for free on console and no one is going to buy a console just to get that PJ set. Simmers have always plundered assets from various game iterations and I think EA doesn't protest too much about it because it's for their own games, creates enough hype to get people hooked and spending on the game, and best part is that they don't have to do the work to convert the assets.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    no one is going to buy a console just to get that PJ set.

No need to buy a console, just you need a Xbox/PS account :p
    EA won't check if you really play with this content on a console.

Project Rene is about cross-platform, so it's surprising if Maxis begins to do console-only content.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    @Atreya33 I’m the same as you I don’t play with CC so I would like it too but not a CC version of it

I knew about this one but I am not using it. I would prefer the official one because well it is the original. And houses with the maxis one aren't marked as cc on the gallery. It would be nice if EA would repeat the opportunity to unlock it.

As for the pyjamas, I don't need them so desperately to get a cc version. It just makes me wonder what else will be reserved for subscribers only in the future. If this is EA testing a business model for sims 5, then I don't know. I can't subscribe for such a service. I have no subscription for Netflix, Spotify and all those other streaming services and I can't get one for the sims either.