Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life by You vs. Sims 5 (Rene)? Rod Humble and Paradox's Life Simulation Game

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    You had me at Rod Humble. For those worried about him not making something the community wants, a reminder - he knows where we live lol.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    The game from Paradox Tectonic is finally going to be announced in one week on March 6! Paradox is having a 30 minute stream on their Twitch and YouTube where they're showing three new games (including the one from Tectonic) and a bunch of new DLC and news, so we probably won't get a lot, but we'll get something! Definitely a name, maybe some footage, maybe even a release date! (Link here)

They say, "Paradox Tectonic pushing boundaries

We're expanding your creativity. Life simulator visionary, Rod Humble, and Paradox Tectonic are itching to unveil its new ground-breaking project."

Haven't streamed in ages but maybe I'll do a watch party since I've been following this project for so long. In either case, exciting news!

Great, it will be interesting to see what this game will be about.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,393 Member
    The game from Paradox Tectonic is finally going to be announced in one week on March 6! Paradox is having a 30 minute stream on their Twitch and YouTube where they're showing three new games (including the one from Tectonic) and a bunch of new DLC and news, so we probably won't get a lot, but we'll get something! Definitely a name, maybe some footage, maybe even a release date! (Link here)

We're expanding your creativity. Life simulator visionary, Rod Humble, and Paradox Tectonic are itching to unveil its new ground-breaking project."

Haven't streamed in ages but maybe I'll do a watch party since I've been following this project for so long. In either case, exciting news!

Thank you for sharing! I look forward to tuning in March 6th at 12pm ET at the @ParadoxInteractive twitch channel. We will see what features they present compared to Project Rene. Hopefully, we get a sense of the similarities and differences.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

FINALLY
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    Omg I’ve literally never heard of this project before until I stumbled upon this thread! March is about to get super interesting, with Growing Together, infants, and a possible competitor.

Hopefully this project, Rene, and Paralives all end up successful, that way people can gravitate towards the life simulator that most appeals to their personal play style instead of placing the burden of appealing to everyone on a singular title.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Well the Paradox Tectonic studio was publicly announced almost exactly 4 years ago (March 7, 2019). The announcement stream is scheduled for March 6, 2023. So I wonder how far in development they are and if we'll actually get a release date announcement.

I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it!

I'm positive it will be a game that I'd enjoy playing, even if it's not 100% a life simulator. I have been searching for a game that draws me in and keeps me immersed (that has updated graphics) since Sims 3.

TS4 just does not do that for me, no matter how much DLC, CC, and Mods I have.

So I'm really hoping that this new game will scratch the itch I've had for the last 8+ years.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited March 2023
    I plan on getting base game for all 3, w/e Humble's project is (edit: Life by You), Paralives, and Sims 5. I love life simulation as a game genre, so I'll enjoy all these games to some extent. Whether or not I'll be buying DLC, however, depends on how good the game is and what the DLC is.

I've already spend over $1k on Sims 3, getting close to matching that with Sims 4 DLC too. I'm not hard pressed to start another 20 year journey of DLC collection. The game would really have to "wow!" me, and offer something that I can't get from Sims 4 & 3 if it's going to be as expensive as they are.

Though, with Paralives being an indie game, I don't expect it to be AAA prices like The Sims, even if it does get expansion packs later on. So as long as the prices for that game are in line with other indie games, I'll probs collect everything Paralives sells.
    Post edited by Sheepiling on
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    I plan on getting base game for all 3, w/e Humble's project is, Paralives, and Sims 5. I love life simulation as a game genre, so I'll enjoy all these games to some extent. Whether or not I'll be buying DLC, however, depends on how good the game is and what the DLC is.

I've already spend over $1k on Sims 3, getting close to matching that with Sims 4 DLC too. I'm not hard pressed to start another 20 year journey of DLC collection. The game would really have to "wow!" me, and offer something that I can't get from Sims 4 & 3 if it's going to be as expensive as they are.

Though, with Paralives being an indie game, I don't expect it to be AAA prices like The Sims, even if it does get expansion packs later on. So as long as the prices for that game are in line with other indie games, I'll probs collect everything Paralives sells.

I plan on trying all three as well!
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,182 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    I plan on getting base game for all 3, w/e Humble's project is, Paralives, and Sims 5. I love life simulation as a game genre, so I'll enjoy all these games to some extent. Whether or not I'll be buying DLC, however, depends on how good the game is and what the DLC is.

I plan on trying all three as well!

So am I am planing the buy all three .I don't have to choose or stop playing the sims .I can still buy the sims .Why also supporting abd buying paralives,rod humble game if its a life simulator and little sims world.
  • SimlingtonSimlington Posts: 26 Member
    Interested to see what is shown today. If it is a direct competitor to The Sims I'd like to see how they are able to make it look like their own game. That might not be possible if we only get a teaser announcement trailer.

With this being Paradox, I'm going to guess it will have a historical or futuristic setting with some overtly RPG mechanics.
    edited March 2023
    Reportedly, there will be another show on March 20th dedicated to this game in which more details will be revealed.
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
    Reportedly, there will be another show on March 20th dedicated to this game in which more details will be revealed.

I thought we would get least a picture.
    We will still get info in the show that starts in 1 hour. The March 20th livestream will provide additional details about the game. https://youtu.be/noM0fV4pyQY
    So base on the teaser.It gives me very sims 3 vibes.Which is my favorite.
    So base on the teaser.It gives me very sims 3 vibes.Which is my favorite.

What’s the time stamp it was shown at? I briefly browsed through the video but couldn’t find any mention of it yet.
    Omg it looks so good! Major Sims 3 vibes based on what looks like open world. I’m so excited and desperate for March 20th now!!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited March 2023
    Yeah, it looks like a mix of cities skylines and the sims 3.

l0P3iPi.png
    logion wrote: »
    Yeah, it looks like a mix of cities skylines and the sims 3.

l0P3iPi.png

They seem to have a bus, and might be open world
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    Life is good. Infants and Growing Together coming to the Sims 4. And 3 new life simulations in the works.
    Hope this game comes this year or early next year.
    Hope this game comes this year or early next year.

I honestly don’t mind waiting. TS4 has enough content to satisfy me for another year or two, so if this project needs some time to come out perfect, I’m more than willing to let them take their time.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    It does look like city skylines zoomed in. I'm happy we life simulator fans are finally being spoiled.
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member

Cool, glad to see Rod Humble back making his own life simulator & along with with his new team. Looking forward to learn more about “Life By You” on March 20.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top