Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask your questions now for the Growing Together Livestream

Comments

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    What are the features that are in the pack that is not part of the infant update?
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited February 2023
    Thank you, @Atreya33. Next question, what time on March 3rd? And in what time zone? I'm EST, myself.

At 11am pacific time on youtube..
  • DivapixieDivapixie Posts: 63 Member
    Will milestones add to the current memory system or make it easier to use?
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Serendipity38 I am Eastern Standard Time as well. There is a 3 hour difference from Pacific, so should be 2:00 for us.
  • Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    @maggiemae8135 thank you!
  • JALJAL Posts: 999 Member
    • What kind of venue is the rec center? Is it targeted mostly at elders, families or kids or can we choose that? Are there many limitations to what needs to be there?
    • What kinds of events can we arrange at the rec center? Is it open for any kind of events (dinners, weddings, birthday parties) or just slumber parties and birthdays?
    • Can we have group gatherings at the rec center
    • With family reunions being a thing, will family groups based on your family tree be available (on its own as groups in discover university or as a cross-pack compatible part with get together)?
    • Will the wharf's refurbished theater be the only movie theatre in game, or will we be able to build our own? Will this then be a new venue type or a lot type we can choose for any building? Will this come with a new movie screen?
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Are walking canes in game and if not, why?

Are strollers in game and if not, why?

We know that grandparents can make visits. But can it happen the other way around too? That grandchildren come over to visit and stay?

Speaking of which, can we have other sim stay at home for some nights too? And can our sim go stay at other sims' homes for some nights?

How does treehouse decoration work? Can we just put objects in the open areas of treehouses?

How will milestones work? Are they like the memories in The Sims 2 or are they just "yay, your sim has done that at least once in their lifetime".

Will there be milestones from other packs like prom, becoming an occult, graduating university etc?

Is the family dynamic only limited to sims living in the same household? That one you can change in CAS, not the social compatibility thing...

How does mid-life crisis look like?

More about the new social events?

Does the movie theater take into account sim's favorite movie, which they can declare in Movie Night stuff?

And finally, questions about the update: how were pie-menus and child skills changed?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    edited February 2023
    Grandparents can come to visit but what about other relatives. Can aunts and uncles for example come over as well?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    @Serendipity38 I am Eastern Standard Time as well. There is a 3 hour difference from Pacific, so should be 2:00 for us.

Man 2pm is a long wait.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    I wonder if the rec center can double as a library, like gims can double as spas
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    WILL THERE BE MORE WANTS AND FEARS
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited February 2023
    I really would like to know if the way an infant is treated will affect the infant later in life, personality or skill wise. Will more attention to the infant make toddler stage easier?
    Will the toddler develop differently depending on being well cared for or neglected?
    Will the infant get attached to the parent that spend most time with it, or will such a relation be set in the pie menu (caretaker person)?
    Can the infant have a favorite care taker not living in the household?
    Will infant's skills be separated from toddler's skills, or is there a transfer in ie toddler-to-child?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    How has the Child's skill system been changed?

Will we still have the original four Child aspirations from base game?
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    What kind of weather will the new world have? Since simguru Frost said that San Seqouia is like the sister city to San Myshuno, I wonder if that means it’ll have snow too?
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Will I be able to have a water splash park on a smaller area/lot or will I need a lot of a specific size? I am hoping we can get the items in the splash park in B/B without needing cheats and be able to build a park in any town. I just finished a large park in Brindleton Bay and left a portion of the lot empty in preparation for getting the new pack.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    With the new social compatibility feature. Will some sims prefer an opposites attract type of relationship? I mean sometimes you don't want someone with the same interest.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    edited March 2023
    When IS the Growing Together livestream going to be???

I was told 10 AM PST. I only asked for that one, as I am able to calculate it from there, since I live in MT. Hopefully, someone who has the full list will come by and answer this more fully for you.

ETA: Okay, I just visited the YouTube sight and it says 21 hours until the Livestream, which has the date of March 3 and the time set for 12PM, which is NOON. That would make it 1PM my time. That's a long wait for the impatient. LOL
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member

https://www.youtube.com/live/asyS-TKbckM?feature=share
    Happy simming!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    edited March 2023
    Question:

Will our existing Sims be able to make use of the Family Dynamics or only new Sims?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • amydunneamydunne Posts: 25 Member
    What neighborhoods/qualities of the SF Bay Area inspired you while building this pack?
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    I'm curious if we are getting doorbells. I know that's a very minor aspect, but in the trailer it did look like it, and then the announcement tweet for the livestream did say "Ding Dong, the Growing Together livestream is coming." I currently have a mod for doorbells, but would love to see that option officially supported.

Also, I wonder if infants and toddlers will autonomously come with their households to certain community lots. That would really help immersion.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member

I was told 10 AM PST. I only asked for that one, as I am able to calculate it from there, since I live in MT. Hopefully, someone who has the full list will come by and answer this more fully for you.

ETA: Okay, I just visited the YouTube sight and it says 21 hours until the Livestream, which has the date of March 3 and the time set for 12PM, which is NOON. That would make it 1PM my time. That's a long wait for the impatient. LOL

It starts at 8 PM where I live :s
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

Youtube shows you in your time zone. It says 1pm for me, and I'm central, which means its 11am PST, 12pm MST, 1pm CST, and 2pm EST

Also the tweet from The Sims about the livestream tomorrow says 11 am PST, which is when most of them start. (Tweet in Spoiler to spare loading times)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I just linked this thread to TheSims and SimGuru Ninja and Nova on Twitter.
  • Branwen84Branwen84 Posts: 40 Member
    Will there be forehead kisses for everyone, or just from children to toddlers and infants?

Will milestones actually give permanent memories, or just temporary buffs like sentiments?