Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Are Your Favorite and Least Favorite Sims 3 Expansions Packs?

2...Next

Comments

• PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I voted for World Adventures as my favorite because I could only choose one, but it is actually a tie between that and Island Paradise.

I haven't bought Into the Future (yet) because I'm not that interested in travelling to the future. Of the EPs I have, Showtime would be the one I like the least - it's fun if you are playing one of the Showtime careers, but not of much use if you're not. Starlight Shores is a very pretty world, though!
  • faceface Posts: 21 Member
    > @pandabear1836 said:
    > My favorite, must-have expansions are Seasons and Generations! Seasons and weather is just a part of life and so should always be included in a life simulator. I just love watching the seasons change, the rain, the fog, the heat waves, etc. And Generations is great because it greatly expands the family aspect of the game. More things to do for kids and teens and making them feel like fully-fleshed out life stages. I'm just really into that stuff.
    >
    > My least favorite would be Into The Future. I simply don't play with it's features at all. Even with some of my least essential packs, I still use build/buy mode objects and CAS items. Not at all with Into The Future.

I agree. Those two are my favorites simply because I cannot imagine playing without them. Although I feel like the concept of weather and growing up are two of the main bases of life as a human being, and EA should have implemented them in the base of their life simulation game.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Ethroptur wrote: »
    As the title states. A question that has been asked before, but one that is always fun. The Sims 3 EPs introduce a plethora of new features, we all obviously have our favorites. What are yours?

My personal favorite has to be Ambitions. As somebody whose rather career-oriented IRL, I loved that we finally had the opportunity to follow our sims to work and directly engage with their workspaces and colleagues. Every new profession introduced in Ambitions was fun and engaging IMO, and I loved the skills, especially inventing. Not to mention that Twinbrook is one of my favorite towns in the entirety of The Sims, and the Simbot is my favorite life state.

My least favorite pack has to be Showtime, for a myriad of different reasons. Firstly, the entire premise is simply a re-do of Late Night with a stronger focus on stage performances. That automatically makes many of its features redundant. Secondly, SimPort is simply a bad idea. The Sims, at least for me, has always been a single player experience. I do not want any built-in online features. But a substantial portion of Showtime's features are semi-reliant on it, which of course means that the pack has a bit of a shelf life when EA inevitably shuts down online features for The Sims 3. Thirdly, I didn't really enjoy the careers the EP provided at all. I played with them once, and haven't touched them since. The only reason it remains on my hard drive is due to me occasionally making use of the genie and me finding use for some of the buy mode items. I've played every other EP extensively, most of them since their day of release. Showtime was the only exception as it was the only one I had zero interest in whatsoever, though I obviously did buy it about a year later when it was on sale.

Sadly, polls in The Sims Forums only allow a total of 10 options, so one of the EPs had to be excluded. I selected Into The Future, simply because it was the final EP. Please comment below if that is your favorite EP, however!

Generations, Supernatural, and Seasons are my favorite expansions. Generations was actually the first expansion I got!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • SnookieSnookie Posts: 21 Member
    my favorite has to be generations, university, and ofc seasons
    my least favorite is into the future just bc i dont play with it that often
    c3zmp268jl23.png
    You know, the one in the dirty trench coat who's in love with you.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2023
    My favorites are still Island Paradise (because mermaids, underwater exploration, island world, and resort system), Generations, Seasons, Supernatural, and Showtime (genie occult and some other features). Also Into the Future for the baby-creation building and scifi items as well.

Least favorite for me is definitely World Adventures. I rarely have my sims travel to the WA worlds.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • IrateCorvidIrateCorvid Posts: 9 New Member
    My favorite is a tie between Late Night and Generations. I love Late Night because it added in vampires that were more involved than 2's with cool new abilities and a big city, and Generations well... y'all know why we love Generations!

I really dislike Into The Future. Nothing about the future interests me when I'm playing my Sims in the present.
  • VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    edited January 2023
    Favorites for me are tied between Late Night and Ambitions. I don't actually use any of the professions in Ambitions but it added so much new content I simply couldn't play without it (such as sculpting and tattoos). As for Late Night, it was the first expansion pack I ever got and I simply love cities, vampires, and making all my sims celebrities.

Least favorite is Seasons. I had a potato computer when I first bought it, and still vividly remember how bad the rain and snow made my game run especially in Bridgeport and Appaloosa Plains. I still hold a grudge against the pack all those years later, despite now having a decent gaming rig.
    6h978o3aneec.png
  • SimmingWithDanaeSimmingWithDanae Posts: 15 Member
    Seasons and Generations are neck and neck for the favorite spot for me, though I also love World Adventures. I like to play rotationally and play the entire neighborhood in the same season before changing into the next season. It just adds so much life to the world, especially in winter. As for Generations, I don't think I need to say anything about it since everyone already recognizes it as a great pack. For my least favorite, I would definitely pick Into the Future, but University would be pretty low as well. I've never traveled to the future because it simply doesn't interest me, and I much prefer the Sims 2's university gameplay.
  • BaronwynBaronwyn Posts: 15 Member
    Island Paradise is my favorite, hands down. Admittedly I've always dreamed of living on the beach, the islands and sun are terrific... I really love to play it.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited February 2023
    I absolutely love Showtime and Late Night. I'm a sucker for color, neon and 1950s memorabilia (I adore jukeboxes), so that can explain it. There's also something about the objects where I'm using them in 90% of everything that I build unless it's old-fashioned. They're incredibly flexible.
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Baronwyn wrote: »
    Island Paradise is my favorite, hands down. Admittedly I've always dreamed of living on the beach, the islands and sun are terrific... I really love to play it.

It took me awhile to warm up to IP, but as soon as I started building venues and getting into houseboats, I became a huge fan.
    EiFlric.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    I won't vote. :sunglasses:

While I have them all, I never played University and hardly any of Into the Future. :disappointed:
    I enjoy Ambitions, and Showtime the most but don't really like Generations. I like some of the aspects but the teens really got on my nerves. :lol:
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Only for the simple fact that it crashes every time without fail. 🤧
  • Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    All the packs are great, but I would have to say Seasons, then Pets, then University life. :smile: My least favorite has to be Showtime. Mainly because of the constant tourists that come in my town.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    All the packs are great, but I would have to say Seasons, then Pets, then University life. :smile: My least favorite has to be Showtime. Mainly because of the constant tourists that come in my town.

I can agree with "all of them" ... And then some ... <3

52717954435_ac22b18c6e_k.jpg

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited April 2023
    My favourite pack is World Adventures, I use it most frequently, there are obvious improvements that could be made to it such as a few more (or indeed any) touristy/ fun lots so my sims could actually enjoy their holiday home there instead of it being used as an unofficial skill-training boot camp.

My least favourite is a bit tougher because they all add something essential to the game for me. I admit to actually hating aspects of Late Night and Seasons: Late night I hate Bridgeport, dislike the sims and the elevators and high rises are just frustrating. Plus whilst I like the bars and appreciate bar tenders the venues tend to be emptier than I would like unless I arrange an outing.

Seasons annoy me because of the weather and more importantly the effect on the gardening skill which forced me to have to buy the Store greenhouse leaving me feeling exploited as I have always felt that it should have been part of the pack since the pack was changing a core base game feature. I know people love the weather and the seasonal changes, it is very pretty but in my current play it rained everyday during spring/summer and autumn unless it was hailing, I live in Scotland and even I don't see that much precipitation. The gift giving party is fun though.

Ultimately I am glad I have them all and I still love my Sims 3!
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    It's a toss up between Late Night and Showtime for me. B)
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    I just recently re-installed Sims 3 and decided to start with just the basics, instead of throwing in everything all at once. Of course "just the basics" includes Ambitions, Generations and Pets. And all of the stuff packs. But my favorite pack is probably Supernatural, I'm saving that one for later. Moonlight Falls is an OK town, but I really prefer Moonlit Tides. I made a *lot* of Supernatural themed lots and families for Sunlit Tides.

Least favorite packs are probably Seasons and Island Paradise. It's funny, I loved Seasons in Sims 2, but Sims 3 weather leaves me cold. 😸
    I like parts of Island Paradise, in isolation, but put them all together and it is just a big ol' soggy mess. I've tried putting dive lots and stuff in other worlds, but it never works out for long.
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,863 Member
    Generations and seasons were definitely my favorite expansion packs. They both add so much to the game and make the game fresh again.

Generations made kids and teens finally fun again (which was hard to do after the excellent kids and teens in the sims 2). In fact, this expansion made every life stage feel truly unique and fun. There were either new objects and interactions for practically every life stage in the game, new parties, improved weddings, and much more. While the content doesn't stand out at first sight, it integrates so well into the game that it is basically impossible not to use many of the features in daily sim life.

Seasons also is a pack that effects the whole game. Weather and seasonal activities shake up the game making days, or at least each season feel more unique. The seasonal activities and fairs also add a plethora of group activities that kids and older can partake in (something this game was missing at the start).

My least favorite EP is probably into the future (which was not even mentioned on the poll). This is probably because the content doesn't really ingrate into many situations, unless you specifically want to engage with future stuff.

I completely agree with this, I would have voted Island Paradise as least favourite simply because the world was so broken I couldn't properly enjoy the features of it in other worlds. Which was a shame because Sunlit Tides would have made a fantastic replacement.
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Favorite- World Adventures, I love travel based play and this pack brought so much to the game. Lots of replayability.

Least Favorite- Into the Future, the pack isn't bad it just isn't my play style. I still enjoyed it.
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    Ambitions is my favorite expansion, as I like the self-employed careers it added, but the expansions are all good for their different features. It's hard for me to pick a least favorite as they all added something that impacted gameplay. I do use some features less, like traveling and I tend to have most weather effects off. I also often turn off supernatural spawning in most of my saves.
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,346 Member

@octotiger
    I do use some features less, like traveling and I tend to have most weather effects off. I also often turn off supernatural spawning in most of my saves.
    • I do all of the above.
    • My Sims rarely go to university.
    • Only one Sim has visited the future.
    • Only two or three of my Sims have traveled to World Adventure worlds. I have yet to explore all of the tombs. I'm not even sure if any of my Sims have been to Champs Le Sims yet.
    • I get sick of rain, hail is a nuisance, and fog makes for lousy pictures. I'm from Minnesota, so the snow stays.
    • I only turn off Vampires and Werewolves though.
    • I also opt my Sims out of the celebrity system and set the paparazzi to zero for my games (except for my current game as one of the active Sims has a wish to be rich and famous).
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »
    I can agree with "all of them" ... And then some ... <3

52717954435_ac22b18c6e_k.jpg

That is one STUNNINGLY gorgeous dress.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    texansky wrote: »
    @octotiger
    I do use some features less, like traveling and I tend to have most weather effects off. I also often turn off supernatural spawning in most of my saves.
    • I do all of the above.
    • My Sims rarely go to university.
    • Only one Sim has visited the future.
    • Only two or three of my Sims have traveled to World Adventure worlds. I have yet to explore all of the tombs. I'm not even sure if any of my Sims have been to Champs Le Sims yet.
    • I get sick of rain, hail is a nuisance, and fog makes for lousy pictures. I'm from Minnesota, so the snow stays.
    • I only turn off Vampires and Werewolves though.
    • I also opt my Sims out of the celebrity system and set the paparazzi to zero for my games (except for my current game as one of the active Sims has a wish to be rich and famous).

Yes! I opt out of the celebrity system for most of my households, too. As for supernaturals, I don't mind if the world is mostly filled with supernaturals, but often I just want to play with a normal household in a normal world so seeing a supernatural just spawn out of nowhere is not great in that case. It was a big reason why I waited a while before installing seasons and Island Paradise even though I had the DVDs, because those expansions will spawn random supernaturals (aliens and mermaids) and it's not possible to control this without mods.
  • Paurod2789Paurod2789 Posts: 15 Member
    Can't live without Laye Night. Beautiful city, good looking sims, lots of added gameplay, can't go wrong with that. B)