Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy 23rd Anniversary The Sims!

Comments

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    The Sims
    I started with the original, but I wasn't fully addicted until 4 came out. Now... I can't stop playing.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    The Sims 4
    I started with the Sims 4, but it was the gameplay in the Sims 3 that caught my attention.

When I started playing the Sims 4, I was hoping for a lot of the gameplay from the Sims 3 to carry over.
  • ColineSurrayColineSurray Posts: 6 New Member
    The Sims 3
    I really wish on TS5 we could see a more dynamic growth you know... like 2 or 3 small stages on each life stage. I wanted to see a baby learning to walk and talk and actually see them growing, like height and all, if they eat a lot they'll get chubby, then the kid goes to primary school...
    Kids slowly growing into preteens, stop playing with toys and start worrying more about looks and teen stuff, first crush...
    small stages between each life stage...

It seems complex but it would be the greatest uptade of all TS generations. It's about life simulation after all.
    Also I wish we could slow time in the game. Things happen too fast.
    The rest is rest.
  • AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    The Sims
    I started with The Sims in 2000 - for the longest time I didn't realize that you could play other households than the Newbies! So I spent a lot of time with them at first! :D Eventually I branched out, and really loved playing Claire Charming & her dog, Luna, and the Mashugas in their delightfully tacky house! I remember everybody was talking about the game at school; we almost all played it. My mom wouldn't let me get Hot Date at the time, and I was crushed! :D I became obsessed, to the point of drawing out "blueprints" for builds & keeping notebooks on my families - I still do this!

Now playing Sims 4, I still feel the need to recreate my favorite families from past games because I've played with them all for so long (23 years, as you said!) that they feel like familiar, old friends.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 2 was my first Sims game, and is still my favorite.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    The Sims
    played all of sims 1, sims,2, sims 3 and sims 4 dlc.
  • jadetchijadetchi Posts: 60 Member
    The Sims
    Sims Bustin' Out was my first ever game, and then I played Sims 2. After a few years I managed to grab all of the original Sims games so I played those, then moved to Sims 3 & eventually Sims 4.

I think I have the most fond memories with Bustin' Out & Sims 3!
    b8xtb7d56xd3.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    The Sims 3
    I started with Sims 3 but for a while I had other games I played alongside. I enjoyed TS3 immensely from the first minute but I would go as much as a week or two without playing. Over time it's grown to where it is now, I don't have any other games I play. It's been that way for close to three years now, and for about 3 or 4 years before that I played The Sims 80-90% of the time. I did briefly flirt with the idea of trying Dreamlight Valley until I learned my computer, new as it is, can't run it.

I'm perfectly content to hang out with my sims.
  • sonicgamersonicgamer Posts: 31 Member
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 2 is my first Sims game to play for hours on end; it's still a favorite of mine.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    The Sims 4
    Started playing The Sims 4 about two years ago, guess I'm a little late to the party. Keep meaning to try the older ones but just The Sims 4 sucks up so much of my time.
    The cake is a lie
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    The Sims 2
    My first Sims game was Sims 2.
    I have everything for it, except Ikea stuff, and Mansion and garden stuff, which I missed out on.
    Even though I have played a bit of Sims 3, and have been playing more Sims 4, I still like Sims 2. I tend to to compare Sims 3 and Sims 4 to Sims 2, and have bought some packs based on how I felt about the Sims 2 version of the pack. For example, I bought Sims 3 pets and Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, because I loved the Sims 2 pets.
  • SimtokuSimtoku Posts: 19 New Member
    The Sims
    I started my Sims journey with the original game and I still remember how much I loved to play it and had every expansion pack for the game. Vacation pack was one of the best expansion packs for the sims 1 I could have back then since I really loved that I was able to send my sim families on vacation to snowy landscapes ^^
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited March 2023
    The Sims
    I started with The Sims back in the year 2000. I had all of the expansion packs.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    The Sims
    I started playing way back in 2000. Thanks to my sister-in-law. I would have marathon sessions of the original series. I miss that one. It will always be the best one!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    The Sims 3
    I hadn't heard of the games before my ex introduced me to the 2nd one years ago, but I didn't get it and didn't care for it. Few years later, don't know what made me want to but I was interested in the 3rd one and bought that. Although I didn't really enjoy playing it as I didn't understand how to, so I got rid of it. I don't remember when I got Sims 4.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    The Sims
    62% Sims 1. That's a lot.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    The Sims
    Lot of OG's on the forum. 😊
  • SimlingtonSimlington Posts: 26 Member
    The Sims
    The only thing I remember from playing TS1 was playing as two female roomates and constantly making them change into their swimwear.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The Sims
    I still remember the things Sims had that have not seen since: the roadside hot dog & burger vendor; the snack shop that had a choice of warm food, pastries, or ice cream - each with a different style service point; each type of clothing to buy had its own differently styled rack, the little pond where sims could either feed the fish or operate little boats - with the shack to get feed and boats from; the wandering street musician in Old Town; so much attention was given to even little details.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited April 2023
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    The Sims
    I started with the original sims. I can't believe it's been so long! After so many years you would think I would have moved on, but nope, and who cares?! :D
  • Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    The Sims

Ah - what a happy Simmer I was in Sims 1!
    I just had a box with a roof and my best friend was Freddy Krueger - but when I asked Gene Simmons from KISS to marry me, he said yes and we had a baby! Life was simple but I was happy ^^
    909c6d4c8484e04ac988f66d7384ff11ac0ef99b.jpg
    And Sims 2 und 3 were even better!
    Then 2014, after over 30 years of playing video games, Sims 4 was the first game that made me cry out of disappointment - and our love/hate relationship started πŸ‘©β€πŸ’»
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 367 Member
    The Sims
    Played all Sims
    TS4 first I was able to get all the packs for and started using mods along with cc
    TS3 started adding cc from the store and creators
    All were great in their own way yes did want things from one era of Sims to the next but did learn to enjoy the new era as it was based on itself and not what the previous eras had
    Hopes for Renee is that I discover it to be as enjoyable as the others in its own unique way
  • LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,530 Member
    The Sims
    I played Sims 1 and the beginning of sims 2. but I forgot all about this game as a young adult. Pandemic online music chat someone bought up Sims 4 and I'm back and hooked. I really think the Sims have come a long way from the first games, although I loved playing the originals thoroughly.
  • LoLyChupaLoLyChupa Posts: 27 Member
    The Sims 3
    I started with the Sims 3 Xbox 360 version then the PC version many years later. I tried The sims 4 but it took me a long time to really appreciate it.