Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    edited February 2023
    It's happening right now, fingers crossed :#

ETA: Everything seems to be working fine so far.
    Post edited by RedShoe7 on
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    That forced update is a no-go to me especially when the app isn't ready yet. Now I want to login to the game, but it can't connect to the internet, lied to me that there is no internet while I'm browsing here in the forum. Well, at least the transsition worked and starting the app as administrator worked too. Now it's called beta, which is the app true name. After transition check you settings as soon as possible, they put things on default, which I would never agree with.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    why are you arguing so much about the ea app i see nothing wrong its just like origin but simpler and more up to date when it comes to games?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    @Daravi I had the error that not online when I was and having to log in each time. I cleared cache in app and its been working fine. Mine does not say Beta so maybe check your version. It should be.

AGKAVmO.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    @friendlysimmer I'm not argueing, my dear simmer friend, I was grudging and venting. I wasn't in the mood for that surprising move. If you are okay when companies force you into something, then lucky you. For me, it isn't a customer friendly service. That's all. Have a good day, I mean that without irony. :)

@Bluegayle Thank you for the tag, I've restart the app, it started normal again.

• MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    edited February 2023
    why are you arguing so much about the ea app i see nothing wrong its just like origin but simpler and more up to date when it comes to games?
    I think it's more so the fact that the EA app didn't leave the best first impression. Not to mention that it is a forced update. Most people don't mind having an alternative when given the choice, but there wasn't much of a choice here. The EA app may be better than Origin, but with reported issues such as the app not working, owned games and dlc missing in the app, and issues launching the games, is it any wonder that some people are less than excited about using it?
    Post edited by MantleJackal on
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    If you use Create A World, shut off all automatic updates and do not change to the EA App until EA fixes Create A world so that it works with the new app. So far people are unable to use Create A World with the new App. That might not be an option for some people who really want the latest EA product, but keep in mind that unless EA fixes it, you may never be able to create worlds for the Sims 3 again.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Will EA App finally let me play my own Sims 3 Store Contents?
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Ugh. I hate mandatory software switches. This new EA thing is sooo slooow.
  • aileen500aileen500 Posts: 8 New Member
    I have not been able to INSTALL the EA App, it downloads just find, then after attempting to install, EA gives me an error message and I send the report to EA, as suggested. I have not been able to play Sims 4 for over a week now, so my main concern is when will EA finally allow ALL their customers to use this app instead of Origin to play the game. I am frustrated beyond words and I see many other people are in the same boat as I am. Often wonder why paying customers are either forced to change to a new launch app or EA is not interest in accommodating these issues. I also feel that I should NOT have to jump through hoops to have an app installed onto my computer, which meets all requirements by EA. If there is someone out in our Sims community that can offer me any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Hope everyone who can play Sims 4 is enjoying themselves
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,332 EA Community Manager
    aileen500 wrote: »
    I have not been able to INSTALL the EA App, it downloads just find, then after attempting to install, EA gives me an error message and I send the report to EA, as suggested. I have not been able to play Sims 4 for over a week now, so my main concern is when will EA finally allow ALL their customers to use this app instead of Origin to play the game. I am frustrated beyond words and I see many other people are in the same boat as I am. Often wonder why paying customers are either forced to change to a new launch app or EA is not interest in accommodating these issues. I also feel that I should NOT have to jump through hoops to have an app installed onto my computer, which meets all requirements by EA. If there is someone out in our Sims community that can offer me any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Hope everyone who can play Sims 4 is enjoying themselves

Heya,

Can you share the EA Error Reporter ID here please? I'd like to send that along to some teams here so we can take a look.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    @SERVERFRA

Hopefully this doesn't double but Yes all my store content and worlds show up fine. Including worlds. Also my launcher opens with all eps checked.

7F3ixCU.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Thank you @Bluegayle for answering my question. I'll try my Sims 3 with my Sims 3 Store Contents to see if it works. I'll let you know on the forum if it does. ;)
  • aileen500aileen500 Posts: 8 New Member
    The EA App will download, but when trying to install the app, it will take forever and then this is said "Something went wrong...the EA app encountered an error and counted finish installing" I then send error report by hitting the "OK" button. The only way I can then close Origin is through Task Manager. I have never gotten any EA Error Reporter ID number. I can't even play Sims 4 through Origin & not able to enable offline as my choice. As mentioned above, I am thoroughly upset and disgusted with Electronic Arts, have an app that will not or can not install on ones computer, yet EA wants us to continue purchasing DLC at our own expense.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Because for some of us we've been hearing a lot of problems with the games we play and they aren't the currently released games. Sims 2 and Sims 3 have had reported issues with the EA App. Part of the reason why the forced push got delayed initially, I would imagine. Even if the issues are rare, doesn't mean that people are ready to gamble on if they're one of the few people affected or not.

For some Sims 2 and Sims 3 players, they only have the digital copy. Meaning if EA App bugs out and refuses to play nicely, they can't play their game until EA fixes the app for a game that they don't actively support anymore. Especially for those of us on Sims 2.

Because we don't like being told that to play the game we have to update something that's not involved with the actual playing of the game. I went to play Sims 3, a game that does not currently have any updates and you can't add content to the game while in game like in Sims 4, and it told me I had to update to the EA App. I should not have to update to EA App just to play a game. Especially an old game not currently being updated.

I'd have been fine if it locked me out of future updates and gallery usage in Sims 4, but to tell me I can't play my game as it is, is not something I'm happy about. I was able to get around it by putting my Origin in offline mode. I will install the EA App when I'm ready to and not a moment sooner. I can live without updating Sims 4 or downloading things from the gallery. It was only last month when I installed the Sims 4 update dealt with wants and fears.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I still seem to be able to work with Origin? The shortcut no longer has a picture, but it just updated and let me run the game.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • hannashavenhannashaven Posts: 81 Member
    @EA_Cade I was going to reply to this thread, but it says solved. I followed the instructions listed but the TS3 launcher wouldn't show any of my store content despite being logged in once a new folder was created. I also tried downloading my store content from in game, but to no avail. What can I do about this? I bought multiple of these worlds with real money from origin, which makes this even more frustrating.
    Twitch: casuallywillow
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I love how they forced us onto this buggy app got my first error today not once did I ever have an issue on Origin.

"We had some trouble processing your request... try again later"

Why did they force everyone onto this buggy mess that's obviously not ready
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    Your lucky then @ChadSims2 there were lots of complaints during Origins time and a lot of updating. the app has had issues and a lot of things have been fixed. It now runs fine for me. Hope you get the same results soon.
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SCaamalSCaamal Posts: 3 New Member
    My biggest issue with the switch, aside from it being mandatory, is how they are holding packs back from being included in bundles now.. Wedding stories has officially been out for over a year and I still can't include that in a bundle. Back in the good days of Origin, we were able to bundle basically right away.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited March 2023
    has anyone changed to the EA app
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Yes, I changed to the EA app last Sunday. It has worked perfectly for me.
    :) Smile!

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Fingers crossed. :D

n8AFDkn.png
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Finally got my notification to switch to the new app, everything has gone well so far.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Fingers crossed. :D

n8AFDkn.png

I got the same thing and I just switch to EA App and now my wishlist is gone! :tired_face:
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top