Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

.....won't let me play my games?!?!?!

brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
So all the games I bought and paid for is no longer playable unless I download an app?! I don't understand this at all, how can you just lose all the games you paid for?!
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    brenleedee wrote: »
    So all the games I bought and paid for is no longer playable unless I download an app?! I don't understand this at all, how can you just lose all the games you paid for?!

just down load the app its just a launcher like origin was
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member

I hardly ever come to this forum, sorry I think I put it under the wrong thread. Have you had any issue with it since using it? I haven't played the Sims in sometime so had no clue this was even going to change.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I hardly ever come to this forum, sorry I think I put it under the wrong thread. Have you had any issue with it since using it? I haven't played the Sims in sometime so had no clue this was even going to change.

I had to down load last month its fine you don't even have to redownload your games it even removes the old launcher for you
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • jadetchijadetchi Posts: 60 Member
    My app changed quite a while ago now - it was a little confusing at first but once you get used to it it's fine.
    b8xtb7d56xd3.png
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member

I just got the notification to update this morning. Everything is working fine so far. It was a simple process for me but I have read of some people having issues. Just back up your saves.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm worried about this too. I'm dreading the day it happens - I suspect it will be at a time that isn't convenient. I really disliked forced updates for that reason, so I basically play my game offline unless I want to use the gallery, or am in the mood to update my mods and am therefore prepared to let the game update itself.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    I've got the app and for a while it was a bit buggy. Some days the game wouldn't play at all and EA said it was a fault through theirs rather than anything that was going on my end. The issue seems to have resolved itself now and the game has been running fine over the last couple of days.
    It'd be interesting to know if anyone has had the same problem.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    EA App won't let me play my Sims 3 Store Contents which I own. So not fair & so wrong. :'(
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I got that notification to switch to the EA App and denied it permission to download. I never received another notification to change after that, so I don't understand why some players were forced into installing it and using it. I still go through Origin to play, and the EA App is not listed in my installed apps list. My game is also fully updated, which I hadn't taken the time to do for six months. I finally updated when we got the news about the new EP and infants update that will be here soon. And if GT turns out to be as good as EA/Maxis says it is, it most likely will be the last pack I buy for Sims4 anyway. With GT and the base game update I will finally have the gameplay I have been waiting for and my game will be complete.

This EA App mess is one more reason why I won't enter into another round of dealing with EA when Sims5 is released. Rather than fix the remaining issues with the game, EA finds yet another way to take more control over what we paid for, and it is fraught with problems that have players upset and confused all over again. How much time will it take before these issues are resolved? Well, I don't want to find out because I'd rather be playing than wrestling with an app that doesn't seem to have much to offer.

My advice to anyone being denied access to Sims2 or Sims3 content they paid for is to file a formal complaint against EA itself. We can't do much about it here in the Forum except share our frustrations. Use any social media platform you belong to and let it be known what is going on. If there is anything EA dislikes more than low sales, it's bad PR. I own everything EA produced for Sims3, and nothing would infuriate me more than to lose access to my investment. It isn't right, and it is something EA needs to address now rather than later. Let us hope there is a fix for this problem included in the pre-EP update.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    edited February 2023
    delete
    Post edited by Drakos on