Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    Other
    Neither! I am not interested in either the sims 5 or paralives!

Paralives is trying too much to be like the sims in a sense of giving everyone what they want all at once and advertising it as such too. I feel it may not be as good as everyone is thinking it will be because there is so much they are putting out at once, what would they possibly add later on? Is it a one-and-done sort of thing, you know? Also, after seeing the people and more of the art style they are going with, it just doesn't appeal to me at all. I was hopeful at first, but it's just copying the sims in every aspect and I cannot appreciate nor support that.

As for the sims 5, I'm not a fan of the art style for it yet as it looks too much like paralives. Then again, it is early development and things could change. I personally love the sims 4 graphics and art style and hope they continue with it. I will probably be like those that stayed with sims 3 and never supported sims 4, whereas I will stay with sims 4 and not support sims 5. But I will say, if it goes MMO like sims online was, it will have definitely lost me forever and I will stay perfectly happy with sims 4 :)

But to each their own. This is just my own opinion.
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Can't wait to play Paralives its going to be so nice making a diverse population with different heights where animations actually work I do it in Sims 4 but am punished on a handful of animations like kissing but Paralives has this covered.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Other
    I am not sure bout either of them, I have been a fan of Sims 1-4 and like how they are so far though Sims 2 is My favorite so far with 4 being close 2nd, but I am not into multiplayer games much so only time will tell If they peek My interest or not.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Other

I wonder if those are the maximum height difference possible. I remember in the beginning they kind of showed that you could freely alter their height, so wonder if that is still a thing. Would be cute to have a really short para coupled with a really tall one, and have them stand on tip toes to kiss.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    crocobaura wrote: »

I wonder if those are the maximum height difference possible. I remember in the beginning they kind of showed that you could freely alter their height, so wonder if that is still a thing. Would be cute to have a really short para coupled with a really tall one, and have them stand on tip toes to kiss.

No this is not the maximum height! The team said that the extreme differences will require completely new animations (rather than the standard procedural animations of more average height differences) for exactly the idea you expressed: one would have to stand on their tip toes and the other would bend down. They haven't shown that yet.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Other

I won't be buying the Sims 5 if it becomes MMO or relies on too much online content or multiplayer, whether I can choose to disable it or not. I don't really have any interest in buying a new Paralives game, but it's to early too say what the game would be like. I would wait for reviews to see if I would buy.

I would simply go back and/or keep playing my older Sims games for as long as technology allows me too. The Sims has been a fanatastic game over the decades and it would be a shame to change the format. I like to play my game alone and be totally in control! That is the beauty of the Sims you make it your own game and decide how you want to play it.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited February 2023
    Other
    I can't say yet, I'll have to see once they've launched. If they look fun I might get both. From what little I've seen so far, I'm not crazy about the art style of either one.
    Post edited by Catzilla on
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited February 2023
    Other

I still need to see more about how both games handle free will and npc generation before I decide, but I admit this one QoL feature has endeared Paralives to me a lot!
    (There are a couple of not exactly wrong, but odd sounding translation choices in the german Sims 4 version that I'd like to easily change without having to browse the string list file. For example I never heard "abknödeln" for using the toilet before werewolves, it sounds like a regionalism or vulgarism.)
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Now that Paralives is an actual real thing people won't have to deny it anymore (Steam has a whole page dedicated to it) will you buy it and or continue to wait on TS5's possible MMO? After reading all the job openings for Maxis new AAA game, it's very possible (looking like it's true) that TS5 will probably be multiplayer in some form or fashion..will you jump ship with Maxis?

This one's tricky as I'm a console player so I may end up getting neither as TS5 might not launch on console on release.
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    1. I will not be buying TS5/Rene. No more. EA has gotten enough of my money and given me nothing but aggravation in the Sims 4 franchise. I won't be making that mistake again. IF I ever buy anything from them again, it will be Sims 3 packs, not any of the newer ones.
    2. I'm on the fence about Paralives, to be honest. It looks kind of boring in the sneak previews. I'm hoping for more drama in the neighborhood, like a lot of lore like in the Sims 2 (which if we can all be honest, was just Metropolis, which is in the public domain). I'm hoping for more personalities, I really loved the Big 5 models that the Sims 2 had, but I see nothing in Paralives. I'm keeping an open mind, though.
    3. I don't have as much time for gaming as I used to. And when I do, I have TS2 Ultimate Collection and almost the entire set for The Sims 4. I have a few of the packs for The Sims 3. I have This War of Mine (an apocalypse life simulation game on Steam). And I don't even play games that much!
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Other

They also need to add a flip/mirror option for those random objects you want to display in pairs.
    These build tools are insane the customization built into this game I love not having to use cheats for the most basic things and then some.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2023
    There are a few things that will keep me from buying Sims 5 and a big one is that it is not the same set up as Sims 4. Just about every feature that was in Sims 2/3 be in it. As far as MP goes, it is completely optional as I am not into MP much but if it has some LAN options (which it may not have) that will be okay. I may get Paralives as well as I love simulations. :) However one thing I do not do is Patreon if they want a paid sub.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    These build tools are insane the customization built into this game I love not having to use cheats for the most basic things and then some.

I agree and I am interested looking at this video and hope it is added into the game.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    Oh another life Sim has entered the picture "Life by you" created by Rod Humble the king of life simulators who led the creation of the masterpiece Sims 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNhV-Gnjdy8

edited March 2023
    Oh another life Sim has entered the picture "Life by you" created by Rod Humble the king of life simulators who led the creation of the masterpiece Sims 2.

I will be definitely get this as well if it does come out and Paralives as well. If these hold up I will drop Maxis/EA. :)
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Other
    Honestly, it's too early for me to tell. I stayed with Sims 2 until well after toddlers came to Sims 4. I don't tend to be an early adopter. I am interested in the development of all three new games, but I'll just have to wait and see if I want to play them.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    Time for a new poll. :)

Project Rene vs Paralives vs Life by You.

I just hope simmers find something they're happy with and no longer feel they have to stick with a particular title because it's the only life simulation game available.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2023
    If you ask me, from the actual progress being made on Paralives we won't see it for a very long time. It's a very, VERY ambitious project for a studio's first game.

And Steam has dedicated pages to many games.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member

I saw an ad on Reddit for a Paradox web event, and I had hoped that this new life simulator by Rod Humble and Paradox that had been rumored here for years now would be revealed.

From the teaser trailer alone, it appears to be open world, and have cars, as well as decently realistic "Sims". That's three things I was hoping for. I'm hoping the full reveal goes into detail about the "Create-A-Sim". I hope it's pretty good. I'm also eager for what will be there on launch, as well as what the packs will contain.

Given how Cities: Skylines absolutely crushes SimCity, I have similar expectations for Life by You.

With Cities: Skylines II set to release this year, I wonder if Life by You is also coming out this year.

cody6268 wrote: »

I saw an ad on Reddit for a Paradox web event, and I had hoped that this new life simulator by Rod Humble and Paradox that had been rumored here for years now would be revealed.

From the teaser trailer alone, it appears to be open world, and have cars, as well as decently realistic "Sims". That's three things I was hoping for. I'm hoping the full reveal goes into detail about the "Create-A-Sim". I hope it's pretty good. I'm also eager for what will be there on launch, as well as what the packs will contain.

Given how Cities: Skylines absolutely crushes SimCity, I have similar expectations for Life by You.

With Cities: Skylines II set to release this year, I wonder if Life by You is also coming out this year.

I hope it does, but the chances are slim. Some think EA/Maxis may try to revive the Sim City franchise but it will be hard as Cities Skylines has now dominated that area that was held by EA/Maxis before. If Life by you does what Sims 4 could not do, I feel Life by You may become popular and put EA/Maxis on notice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top