Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What feature needs to be in The Sims 5 on release?

sunnycakessunnycakes Posts: 75 Member
A lot of people have been begging for specific features to be in The Sims 4, such as a Pre-Teen life stage, a color wheel, and many more. I made this poll because I'm curious.

I definitely agree with a color wheel and a Pre-Teen life stage. Particularly the Pre-Teen life stage because it dosen't make sense for a kid that's like 8 or 9 to suddenly turn into a 15 year old teen. I imagine the Pre-Teen going to middle school and being around 11-13. I also think that height sliders might be a nice addition.

I also would like to see specific ages (like number ages instead of the life stages we already have) but it's very unlikely we're gonna get that. Also, while this is kind of off-topic, I would like to see a cartoony style rather than a hyperrealistic style, for two reasons: Reason 1 being that my laptop will crash, and Reason 2 being that I simply prefer stylized cartoons over realism.
Be yourself; life is not about pleasing others, it's about pleasing yourself. Don't try to please others if it makes you uncomfortable. If others judge you for who you are, ignore them. If what you do makes you happy, continue.

What feature needs to be in The Sims 5 on release? 121 votes

Pre-Teen life stage
10%
Goth583loubyloulouCementfriedfrootSeashoreLiviatelemwillmanicobsessiveLIL_LillydwenmSheylanarruquiuquijuloks2Hi785_732 13 votes
Seasons
28%
crocobauraEvvieSimmericmnfrshLeGardePourpreMichelleWAbsafraginlootlyPlayerSinger2010Isb917jeepdrivinggirlDijktafonePhantomrose90BariSaxymotdkjcp011c2becks1112ID-ChristianIvyeyedSorak4LewanaM00nrjssim 34 votes
Color wheel
14%
Frn0731JueJueSimsILikeSimsSusanaLeotencisGibbs02simgirl1010Sunirosegoodcakebaker62LizzychicagostickykissesteamjenKnittykitty215DeKayEnkiSchmidtTaraIris94Okto84StephenJHolloway 17 votes
Open world
24%
CK213catmom1987GoldmoldarGothangelairotciv54lisasc360mannannaOnverserhells456PurpleDolphin5king_of_simcity7popcorn52Sarah26CatMichael_PattrickYuriTheCreatorOceancatKynanPatriceCoconut27Metior_Ice 30 votes
Cars
5%
aafussbekiChadSims2Dianesimscody6268Crimson_Angel_41pjrpepsi16 7 votes
Other
16%
Paigeisin5friendlysimmersbluelightingOldeseadoggeLiELFmusteniLoanetRedShoe7DaniRose2143PeralLady_BalloraCatzillaOrangemonmightyspriteSupercoolrubysimmeroriginsonicgamerCrystalKasursalJames1982Blue_Ash123 20 votes

Comments

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Pre-Teen life stage
    I voted for preteen life stage, not so much because I couldn't live without it, but because I want all life stages there from the beginning. I hope there will be nothing to add later on.

I also think if there are to be cars, they should be there in the beginning with lots planned with them in mind.

Seasons could come later, but basic weather would be a nice addition.
  • RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    Open world
    I’m literally praying and begging and crying for open world for Sims 5. It was so much fun in Sims 3 and adds so much more depth to the game. I can have some members of my household at home, meanwhile others are out at a park, or going bar hopping. It annoys me so much that if one sim in my household goes to the park, the rest of my household has to follow them like stalkers, or stay home and do nothing for hours. If I get bored controlling one sim, I can just tab to another sim and instantly have something different to do, without any wait or loading screen.

Besides, it’s just more fun to be able to interact with the whole world. In Sims 4, you’re limited to activities on/near your lot, but in Sims 3, you could literally do any activity you want. Wanna workout without workout equipment in your house? Go to the gym. Meanwhile. In Sims 4, it’s either go to the gym and wait through a loading screen, or just don’t workout.
  • Okto84Okto84 Posts: 197 Member
    Color wheel
    I voted colour wheel because it makes unique building options. I want to be able to paint houses any colour I like. I also want it for the sims themselves so I can pick any hair, skin or eye colour, or clothing colour. Basically, colour wheel everything!

I also want the world to be more open than sims 4. I'm hoping at least for open neighbourhoods. Maybe a group of 4-5 lots together than can be visited at the same time.

If I had to pick just one though, now I think about it, I think actually I'd go for a more open world. I'd miss that colour wheel though!
  • LIL_LillyLIL_Lilly Posts: 93 Member
    Pre-Teen life stage
    So a color wheel is already going to be accessible on release, one of the few things aside from pre-teens are seasons and weather, even if it's DLC I hope it is gettable quickly after release
    Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    edited February 2023
    Other
    I was tempted to vote for the color wheel but I'd really love to have an RGB, Hex, or CMYK color tool. With those tools you can get very specific with the colors and shades that you want. It's less fiddly than trying to get the cursor on the color wheel on exactly the same color time after time, object after object. With those tools once you google the codes you can repeat that precise shade every single time. It may seem daunting but those code systems are extremely easy to use and you get precise, repeatable results that are far harder replicate with the color wheel.
  • jadetchijadetchi Posts: 60 Member
    Seasons
    I voted for Seasons. IMO it’s an essential for the game & shouldn’t be an additional expansion pack. I’d love to see it incorporated as part of the base game!
    b8xtb7d56xd3.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Other
    I agree with you about hyperrealism. I don't think it would be fun in the same way if it wasn't cartoony, maybe it would feel too serious if the art was very realistic, or anything negative/scary might feel more upsetting than if it happens to cartoon characters.

I don't know that there's one particular ingredient I'd need for the game to be fun for me.
    I am reluctant to spend a lot of money all over again on packs that I already bought for TS4 though (like seasons, pets, werewolves)
    Probably, I will wait to buy a TS5 unless/until it seems like something that works well and is fun to play, either as a basegame or with packs that have different content than what I already bought for TS4.
    gen3-banner.png
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Seasons
    It would be Seasons for me. It seems like such an important part of a base game. Whilst some of the other options would be good to have as well, without Seasons and some kind of change to the weather it does kind of feel a bit static.
  • CrystalKasursalCrystalKasursal Posts: 13 New Member
    Other
    Quarter walls. As in switching between a full wall that covers a single tile length to half a tile. I think it's a little late for the Sims 4 (even though it will really help) but it will really help with some complicated measurements from some real life blueprints.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons is a must IMO.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Other
    retro vintage top load washers with matching dryers and modern as well as retro vintage and modern front load washer dryer sets to offer players choices and dishwashers
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Other
    Supernaturals. Aliens and Vampires. I don't play a super realism kind of game, I want better than real life, more fantastical than real life. I also want my little sims to be goofy and funny in the new game too.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Other
    Social workers who come in. Not just teleporting babies.

Now I know people would hide away their babies in order to keep their babies, but you know what? People do that in real life too!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Seasons
    Of that list, I'd pick seasons. It seems like such a basic thing to add to a base game, especially since TS4's life span has been longer than TS3, so they would have had more time to work on it.

Otherwise, I want aliens in the base game again. And an off switch for people who don't like them. I just want my fun, weird game back. :(
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Color wheel
    It was hard between colour wheel, open world and seasons. I really don't care a fig about preteens, children and teens are all the same to me.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Seasons
    I shouldn't have to pay for rain.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Cars
    Cars need to be in Sims 5 I won't purchase another Sims game without cars I learned my lesson to never trust a feature will be added after the fact even if they do end up adding cars this year a 9 year wait is ridiculous.

I actually think all the options listed should be base game besides maybe seasons I'd rather have the core set up strong with the basics like cars and transportation all life stages extreme customization with color wheel and open but also editable worlds and most importantly not listed Sims with personalities memories and smart reactions to Sims and the world around them not "emotions"
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Other
    Oh! Oh! The ability to take your own photos when sharing a Lot on the Gallery, so people can see it really awesomely. Especially important for parks, which are filled with trees that block beautiful views.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Other
    The whole list. At launch. Enough of the nickel and diming approach!
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    Seasons
    Seasons, if on one of the many other things I could list.

We've had 3 games worth of seasons, weather was supposed to be in the Sims 2 from the start but got cut despite being nearly complete. Paying just to see a bit of rain outside your house for four games in a row is absurd.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Pre-Teen life stage
    All of these should be available upon release, but ultimately all life stages should be included at the time of release with more content for ages added through expansions later. Everything else listed should also already be included as well as some night life with restaurants, again with the intention of adding more gameplay through expansions.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • friedfrootfriedfroot Posts: 7 New Member
    Pre-Teen life stage
    I would've said open world... but, I realized I started with TS2. We didn't have open world and we were just fine, 'til the Sims 3, of course. Faster loading times would be nice, though.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Color wheel
    The colour wheel needs to come back! 😭
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • tischidlytischidly Posts: 18 Member
    Open world
    I want literally all of those options, but bro, coming from the sims 3 to the sims 4 and not having that open world was insane for me. I hate it so much. If the open world was limited to the individual Worlds, I'd be chill with that, but the fact that I can't even go to a neighbour's house without being greeted with a loading screen...? Upsets me to my very soul. As much as I think seasons should be already incorporated, I think, for me, the open world would matter much more, because I remember what it was like to have that, whereas I've always had to pay extra for seasons. Anyways, sims 5 literally better give me an open world. Enough. I need it back.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Open world
    The one I want most is open worlds, but more like "expansive worlds". I want to see properly large playable areas, full of functional lots, and if there is any shells I want them to be at least rabbit holes.

If it follows the same theme as Sims 4 and we get neighborhoods with only 4 actual lots and a ton of fake buildings I wouldn't play it. Don't mind if there's loading screens I just want proper worlds > neighborhoods.