Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let the Grass Grow so that we can Mow

BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
edited February 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Now, I know many players would not like this. But some of us players like the everyday mundane things such as mowing the lawn. So, I would like to suggest Lawn Care. I would like to see this as an option.

Let us have the option of letting the grass grow, so that our Sims can use lawn mowers to mow the lawn. Allow Sims to earn some extra money from chores or a side job, by mowing lawns. Allow Sims to ask their neighbors if they can mow their lawn for some quick money. Allow gardening services to add lawn mowing to their services. Allow senior Sims the ability to tell everyone to get off their lawn. Maybe adult Sims can start doing that too. Allow Adult Sims get a thrill about getting a new lawn mower. Allow neighbors to complain about your lawn if it grows to long. Provide lawn mowers, riding lawnmowers, manual old fashioned lawn mowers, a reaper or a goat that will keep your lawn maintained, while also providing some milk for off grid eco-friendly Sims. Make it so that Sims can hear lawn mowers going during the summer months. Include a miniature golf game or croquet, so that Sims can enjoy a game of golf on their beautifully, maintained lawns. In CAS give Sims a couple of pairs of gloves. One for gardening and fingerless ones for handling lawn mowers. Give Sims a pair of jean and shoes with grass stains. I also think golfing attire would fit this theme. Allow toddlers and children to pick dandelions and be able to give it to someone. They should also be able to blow on them.

I can't think of anything else to add. If you have any ideas to add, please leave a comment.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Shouldn't this be better posted in The Sims 4 ideas corner?
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    This idea has really tickled me.... it would be the perfect follow up gameplay kit to bust the dust... if they can get it to function properly!
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Gameplay kit! lawn mowers!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Please no. Chores are so dull in reality. I don't want to force them on my sims too.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Sounds cool to me!! :)
  • sillysimmer3sillysimmer3 Posts: 18 Member
    maybe they could integrate it so cows could help mow the grass too lol
  • AllThingsSimsAllThingsSims Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Gagea said:
    > Shouldn't this be better posted in The Sims 4 ideas corner?

Wait I'm confused. Isn't this the Sims 4 Ideas corner already? /:
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Mowing in real life is bad enough I prefer to imagine my Sims live in a perfect world where grass mows itself.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    > @Gagea said:
    > Shouldn't this be better posted in The Sims 4 ideas corner?

Wait I'm confused. Isn't this the Sims 4 Ideas corner already? /:

@AllThingsSims, this thread was located in the Forum Ideas and Feedback section before a community manager moved it to this section. And depending on which CM moves it, sometimes comments about the post being in the wrong section gets removed from the post.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member

Yes and snow plowing and snow shoveling kids and teens can make money.

Briana2425 wrote: »
    Yes and snow plowing and snow shoveling kids and teens can make money.

Also swimming pool cleaning and leaves rake
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Can it come with robot workers to do it as well, maybe ones you can create? Ones that break less often than the ones made with the robot shop, that is. It would be sort of cool to see something geeky, futuristic, or expensive for the nerds, aliens, or wealthy respectively to do such things. A story could also come from the guy who brings his robot to do the work for him and everyone perceives him as lazy, but do not realize what else he's up to.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2023

I use to think I would hate mundane chores in the sims but now I feel like there is never too much!! I love having mundane chores and they are all optional.

You don't have to have the dust features, or do laundry, or any other chores but the options are there.

So it's good to use for either my maids and butlers for rich sims, my teens to have chores, or my struggling sims trying to maintain their small settlement during the apocalypse. I would love to add lawn mowing to this and any other chores. I always have a lazy slob sim in my game and I would love if they just set around while the grass overgrew or snow piled up, house got dusty, trash overrun, laundry everywhere etc. Lol makes them feel like real slobs 😄

My number one want for mundane chores is wood chopping to keep the fire going.

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

Would be great if they added wood chopping and made all the wood burning stoves and fireplaces work with fire logs. They could even add Oak and Fir seeds that we could plant to grow into new trees, so it doesn't look like we're chopping up the forest. Though we could just chop up the dead fruit trees.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Would be great if they added wood chopping and made all the wood burning stoves and fireplaces work with fire logs. They could even add Oak and Fir seeds that we could plant to grow into new trees, so it doesn't look like we're chopping up the forest. Though we could just chop up the dead fruit trees.

Let us grow trees, then. For a less green alternative... Could we power things with ethanol, if we already grow trees?
  • BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member

I forgot to mention weed whackers.

• honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member

i'd definitely buy lawn care as a stuff pack or gameplay kit with the options above, including crosspack compatibility like cows and llamas eating overgrown grass, lawn care as a club activity, kids and teens raising responsibility, parents being able to tell kids/teens to mow the lawn and scold them if they don't do it in a timely fashion.

• vampirinavampirina Posts: 1 New Member
    this would be cute because kids could even mow other people's lawns for money or help and gain responsibility and become selfless. And maybe there can be allowance if a child or teen completes a certain amount of chores they get some simoleans.
    vampirina wrote: »
    this would be cute because kids could even mow other people's lawns for money or help and gain responsibility and become selfless. And maybe there can be allowance if a child or teen completes a certain amount of chores they get some simoleans.

A lawn mowing kit, plus a composter item as BG update could work to composting mowed grass and leaves (Seasons required).