March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Great build @DaniRose2143

It looks like you got these half walls to display without the shelf-like trim on top! Is that so? If so, how did you do it?
    y7cevNv.png

gen3-banner.png
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    Joanna was accepted into Britechester University...and now the hard work begins.

1XZqZt6.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I have started a new game and got rid of every Sim included with the game.
    I have filled the first world with my own Sims, about 50 so far, all buying a Lottery ticket on the day.

and STILL the Lottery winner was not one of my Sims.
    WHO ARE THEY?

Story of my life! :'(
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Today I've decided to play a tournament in my game.

Three categories have been to play, if a sim won two in a row, a third battle wasn't needed. It took me 4 ingame days and holidays, but it was a funny and surprising experience for me.
    The categorie were:
    Playing chess,
    uQRmkZX.png

Debating,
    JjxLVUd.png

and fighting
    hvqFzdp.png.

In case of a tie after the third game, because in debating a tie is possible, I chose table tennis as the forth cathegory.

The contestants gave everything, playing dirty tricks by talking to the contestants and during the finals they did even cheat. But when this happened I let this sim loose this specific category.

Here are some pictures of the battles.
    YUZOY2G.png
    H5aXZXU.png
    ysZkkkg.png
    jDh93xJ.png
    3A35h3x.png
    fxxaIM3.png

The Finals day
    6jFRUPY.png

The final was between Aaron Johnson and Tomax Collette.

Both took the advantage seriously.
    cvSlO0M.png
    05vbt8c.png
    The last fight decided who won the first spring tournament.
    ExTSrIa.png

And the winner was
    Ae9rIHe.png
    Congratz Tomax, I didn't expected this result.

Here is the spreadsheet with the results.
    UIf2kbB.jpg

This was fun and I will repeat this tournament when it comes to decide who will be next leader of the first generation. B)
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    edited February 2023
    Here's a teaser for the update I'll be writing today. I have around 300 screenshots to go through. :D
    52693639882_d3b14c14ea_b.jpg

52694419979_890428e2b6_b.jpg

52694151356_9fed03f7e6_b.jpg

52694414074_d894737418_b.jpg

52694414049_9e18b6dafc_b.jpg

52693632967_71279e9b21_b.jpg

52694641538_e1fd5f6dd9_b.jpg
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,667 Member
    @mightysprite Thank you.🙂 I used a cc wall trim from Syboulette called sleek. I never cared for any of the defaults. They're too wide to just be a trim piece but they aren't wide enough to be a surface you can place objects on.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    edited February 2023
    A student at Copperdale High died while on school premises today!

The camera pans from my active sim to Layton Hamby who appears to cough out some green smoke before falling to the ground:
    ruhBgJn.png

My sim self's uncle Jimmy's son Riordan rushes to Layton as Death arrives. Riordan tries to flirt with Death to spare Layton:
    cL3rUy2.png

But death rejects Riordan and takes Layton's soul:
    Ik2h0u9.png

Those poor animals and that poor baby:
    Qfavccu.png
    jwkRrwN.png

What would cause this kind of death?
    @Brd709 Death by stink capsule. If I'm not mistaken, if a sim is trying to create a stink capsule and they fail it can kill them in certain circumstances or most often they wind up getting self-pranked.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    A short update.

A visit to the library!
    Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart went to Willow Creek Library. Princess Roddy played with one of his Voidcritter cards, whilst Sophia read a book:
    d366ca5e269b52fe2c9f63a64ccdf817e1f5f326.png
    Shelly Heart gave her youngest nephew, Hamish, a great, big, loving and warm cuddle:
    88786fa7b8e0780cc496f44cb1e494cd5cb14fd7.png
    She cuddled him tighter:
    84ec1c5e745a4a8084886d83786461081e46c0bf.png
    Shelly then gave Hamish a very great, big, loving smooch on his nose. Meanwhile, Princess Roddy had finished playing with one of his Voidcritter cards and was now knitting:
    2e4fc71742e4461d1d01c0e8b66e6e46d1bafc15.png
    785bb3d635f9554bb8810b8ff92886955e39299f.png
    0aadb1200bb7a77b441fdde6c3d6d9e9a46806ab.png
    f0a58a349a0905ed222cf4da68febeff92c695db.png
    He knitted a pink octopus decoration. Later, the group went back home to Dianthus Hall.

Canis is Princess Roddy's favourite Voidcritter Card.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    @Brd709 Death by stink capsule. If I'm not mistaken, if a sim is trying to create a stink capsule and they fail it can kill them in certain circumstances or most often they wind up getting self-pranked.

Sounds like i missed something interesting happening with that kid at school then! Can they autonomously do stink capsule pranks?
    edited February 2023
    Brd709 wrote: »

Sounds like i missed something interesting happening with that kid at school then! Can they autonomously do stink capsule pranks?

I've never seen it happen, but if they have enough mischief skill I wouldn't be surprised if they could. Could you imagine having to spend the rest of eternity explaining that you died because your stink bomb prank backfired and you gassed yourself?
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Thanks @DaniRose2143 , I will check it out!
    gen3-banner.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,295 Member
    Lookin' good, @DaniRose2143
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @jpajari
    I really feel bad for Lucia being the subject of lies from Hallway Hearsay. Hopefully Lucia knows how Sydney felt when she was the subject of lies and Lucia picked on her over them. As a teenager she doesn't fully grasp how that feels until she's on the wrong end of it. Now she's been there so here's hoping Lucia has learned a lesson. It's sad to see Keaton resort to violence over words, but hopefully his response afterward was him understanding that he was wrong and that he learns from that.

I wonder if Darla's irritation with Wade has anything to do with him bringing work home? His world at work is vastly different from the outside world. He seems like a genuinely nice man but a bit too rigid and set in precise routines.

@Simburian You are not alone. I've never had one of my sims win the lottery. It's almost always a random townie. Maxis premades rarely win either.

@Daravi You have an interesting and unique story going. The method of finding a new leader is really creative.

@DreamPrincess Another sweet update!

@GalacticGal Thank you!
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    @DaniRose2143,
    Thank you!

I've been doing a few shorter updates because a five entry update is hard work. I've found myself internally screaming at the sheer amount of image links I've had to copy over from my Tumblr. The current limit is 30 images per post (It's not as bad as Blogger's infinite images thing, but still). I really miss the 10 image per post limit, as that was manageable.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited February 2023
    Hey there! Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post. I gave the posts awesomes as I read them but not all of them gave me notifications so I would mis some if I tried to list everyone now. Sorry that nowadays I have way more time to read the thread than to post and don't make comment posts anymore, but I'm glad they're still part of this thread as it was always part of what made it a fun place to post updates. I hope someday soon I'll be able to comment properly on all of your updates.

So in my last post, Adam Andreas (son of born-in-game Amelia Andreas and premade Pierce Delgato) go engaged to Yuki Behr.

I had a very bad gaming session last week in which lag made the game basically unplayable. I eventually realized that this was because my graphics card didn't auto update so I had my computer do a few rounds of updates while I was doing other things with my evenings, and yesterday I got a snow day and was able to try again. This time I could actually play with only occasional reasonable amounts of lag! So I played through Yuki's bachelorette party three times and I'm over it and don't want to even post the pictures. Although luckily on the third attempt her mother-in-law to be was able to try out the very last recipe she needed to complete the City living recipe collection! So some good came from redoing it anyway.

Shortly after that Pierce aged up to adult. I made some wardrobe changes but otherwise just made his goatee whiter. I kind of love him this way.
    LqrGhXZ.png

Also he still looks distinguished in his astronaut uniform.
    SKV5Aym.png

Moving on... I will put the rehearsal dinner under the first spoiler.
    Honestly I did this twice too. I invited a lot of Adam's cousins to this one. I play a multigenerational rotational save, so most of the households in my rotation are related to Adam. Also, Yuki was fostered by Adam's aunt and uncle as a teen. They never did any family events during that time and met under non-family circumstances so it's not weird on that level, but her foster parents were Pierce's sister Evie and Amelia's half-brother Derrick so there's definitely shared family.

This is the one picture where Pierce ae Evie were together at dinner (along with Yuki, Adam and Amelia).
    9OgkKDt.png

And all the parents and foster parents gave toasts.

Amelia and Pierce:
    rY2fVHf.png
    faJ5HeQ.png

Evie and Derrick:
    82LtQO7.png
    K8de5ax.png

And one good reaction shot:
    lO1tt5k.png

Moving on to the wedding itself! Under this spoiler.
    Other than the best man standing in the aisle after he went up and down (he did both, I couldn't remember which was which and chose the wrong one first - at least that let me know what to have everyone else do! But I still can't remember which was the correct choice), the officiant and sims of honor performed as desired.
    Derrick is the officiant, Darius (Candy's husband) is the best man and Candy (back to you in the shot) was the maid of honor.
    sv2OZwK.png

I love this picture of Candy looking at her husband as she comes up the aisle, except for the bride and guests being random in the background.
    UzbgBoT.png

Flower pal was perfect, and I grabbed this shot of her walking past the mother of the groom and foster mother of the bride sitting together.
    ObSYMKe.png

Yuki shed some tears on the way up.
    5A0NMdl.png

The crowd was very responsive to the vows.
    V02ppN9.png

The rings.
    B5nmVKi.png
    7aDyLVr.png
    Again if Darius would have done anything other than stand in the middle of the aisle it would have been nice... but at least he was paying attention.

Derrick kinda sobbed over the kiss.
    44qea6O.png

And there were doves? I don't remember being told about the doves. I love them!
    DRzrJgD.png

I have absolutely not figured out the right timing for the recessional and the throwing of rice. But I had the couple kiss while it was festive.
    BHNw1Q0.png

And now on to the reception.
    Firstly, I forgot the cake! Well, I had it made the first time... Anyway so Amelia had to make it in a hurry n the kitchen that was conveniently still on the lot.
    8XX16YE.png

In the meantime everyone else ate. Sims actually do that when you tell them to, apparently!
    wZb7Kxp.png

Yuki took some time with her foster parents, and also with her sister and niece.
    BX30psk.png
    IX6G4Fd.png

And then they had their first dance.
    kJDyCQR.png
    amKyE5r.png

Then everyone started dancing.
    38IzLsh.png
    luUMOZ0.png
    jnUmTSI.png
    vaxiTF8.png
    I like that last one because it looks like Adam's cousin Esau is teaching him some moves.

Finally there was cake!
    K3XXejZ.png

And they cut it!
    6Vnzn5N.png
    aLYLKEu.png
    UhNH8TV.png

And after everyone else left Amelia finally got dinner (sorry!) and the rest of the household finished their cake.
    cT6N5yK.png

Phew! In between all of that, Amelia retired after aging to elder, Adam was promoted to level 8 of the political career, and Yuki reached either the 6th or 7th level of the Style Influencer career... enough that she could choose the Trendsetter branch. Pierce is at level 9 of the Space Ranger career branch and due to a few negative chance cards this time did not progress, but he's close! He refuses to retire until he reaches the top.

And now I move on to the next household. Thanks for reading, and happy simming to all of you!
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Aw, thank you so much for reading and providing your thoughts! I love reading other's insights on the situation. My full reply is in the spoiler, and there's some real spoilers in here! :p
    I agree with you. I think Lucia, though a total individual, likes to jump on the bandwagon. If someone is popular - she likes them, if an outfit is trendy - she'll wear it, if there's a rumor about someone - she'll laugh along and spread it. The reason why her rumor was tied to how others perceive her work (her talent) is because her character actually lacks self-confidence. She doesn't really find her groove until her and Keaton become official which happens two seasons from where we are in my updates (my current gameplay). I also would like to see her learn a lesson, but it may take her some time.

Keaton is not a violent guy at all, so when that fight happened in my game, I had to wrap my head around it. Why did he get in a fight with his best friend? How would he feel about it? Truthfully, Blake has the mean trait, so he's the "school bully" technically in the game.

That is so funny that you mention that bit about Wade and Darla because, and I'm not even joking, Darla had the "Neglected by a Workaholic" sentiment in regards to Wade. Wade was a really fun character back when I first started playing him as a young adult, but now that he's grown, I see him following in his father's footsteps quite a bit. His father is strict and uptight, so it's not necessary the best shoes to fill. Maybe he'll lighten up when he's retired? We'll have to see!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
    Better Together | A Holden Family Update

Hi simmers! I've just released a new update, Holden Update #20. In this update, we get a glimpse into the Holden's Harvestfest, follow Dallas to a cheer competition, and get invited to a sleepover! Enjoy! :)
    vBbkCvS.png
    *disclaimer: my creative corner thread is a game update thread rather than a SimLit thread*
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Thank you for your comment. Most of the time I'm a control freak (thanks mccc) when it comes to my sims and their lifes, but sometimes I let the game do the gamble and let me surprise. I had this idea of game in my mind and just wanted to test it. The rules comes more or less from the WoW MDI championship, which I had enjoy to watch for a while. And it worked well here too. Most of my male sims have the same skill level in these categories, some are even max out but they didn't win though. I was even surprised that Aaron came into the final, his skills where between level 6 and 8.
    I'm back in Del Sol Valley with the cast of Schemes & Dreams.
    UnJdDnN.png

This chapter will have lots of Octavia, Thorne, Judith, and the long overdue debut of Rayvn. Funny thing is, until I created Mimi, Rayvn was supposed to be the star of this show. What can I say, Mimi is an irresistible force.😁 I've lost a couple of chapters to set up the part one bombshell ending that involves Rayvn.

Yesterday I decided I'd try to work out why I can't have MCCC installed. It seems like something related to Danielle and Londyn in UtTS. It worked fine in S&D after I removed TwistedMexi's T.O.O.L.. I was excited that I had it working there and went into UtTS to check it out in that save and as soon as I arrived at the Tartosa screen, I clicked on Danielle and just like that the bug where MCCC takes forever to go through a load screen was back. I left it to load while I went to do a couple of chores. I came back 20 minutes later and it was still on the loading screen. I went to the force quit app on my computer to see if TS4 was showing as unresponsive but it wasn't. When I tried going back to S&D the problem was back over there too. For now I'll press on without MCCC again. It hasn't worked properly in months and storytelling wasn't affected so MCCC goes back into the storage folder for now.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Erytheia and Xanthe start high school, and their magical education too!

Chapter Nineteen: Two Kinds of Education

KTJ3NVU.jpg
    Some pics with the class of 1994 at their high school prom:

My sim self's cousins Conor and Riordan (Uncle Jimmy's boys) gather for a pre-prom gathering at my sim self's youngest daughter Ayla's house with her daughter Imogen and friends:
    qji3Ly6.png

At the auditorium:
    iqU7WDS.png

My sim self's granddaughter Imogen is on the left:
    Xr6x2At.png

wSpttl0.png
    jiVTMVT.png

Conor's girlfriend Vanessa becomes prom queen and Conor's brother is Riordan is voted prom jester:
    x9HW917.png

Riordan soaks up every moment of his popularity and his fans follow him to the bathroom!
    bFwtEoS.png
    I'm writing my next update, and I'm way too excited to share it! I cannot help myself, so here's a little teaser <3
    67n0AuZ.png
    @jpajari
    The family gathering for Harvestfest was really heartwarming. Everybody looks sooo happy!🥰 The look on Keaton's face hit me in the feels too. The whole scene did.❤️ Dallas not letting her mistakes get her down hit me in the feels too. It would be so easy for her to feel sorry for herself, or to beat herself up over it, but she handled it beautifully. It's a credit to Darla and Wade for the way she was raised. Dallas and Sydney are really having fun at their sleepover. It's such an important part of growing up, and I think more so for girls.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top