Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    I know i'm late to the party, but I just wanted to say

CONGRATULATIONS @emorrill

So happy for you!!!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Thank you @MamaSimTee 🥰

My first day went really well. :) I work with nice people and it's a very chill environment which I totally dig. :mrgreen: 👍🏻

Hopefully I'll get the chance after work today to share more of my Medieval CC stuff with y'all. :blush:And I'm still collecting! :lol:

Cue this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irzy8nw4xrk

And I'm out. :p

<3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I disappeared again. A new Harry Potter game just came out and I'm super obsessed with it.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Page 4432

I have not been playing Sims 3 for the past two weeks due to doing other things. I recently started playing Hogwarts Mystery again, mostly since I can't afford Hogwarts Legacy right now due to saving for a phone upgrade. I started it over a several months ago with a new character and have just recently gotten closer to where I left off with my last HM character. Other than that, I've just been continuing my Smallville rewatch and reading some comics, working, and spending time with family. I just recently found out that the Titanic Honor and Glory team are releasing their last demo on March 3, which I'm looking forward to. They moved it from Unreal Engine 4 to Unreal Engine 5 now and are giving the most they've ever gave of the ship. Once they release it, then they'll be focusing on the actual Alpha I mentioned before. The Alpha is taking a lot longer because they realized the hull they made couldn't fit the parts they created. They are rebuilding the hull from scratch and are following real life Titanic plans the best that they can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIcLmLUgR4Q

@HillyBeth Great update with Nathan and Charlotte!

@Sprottenham Lol, that would have been funny.
    Great update!

@emorrill You're welcome.
    Yeah, it would have been. I'm sure there is probably a way but it was probably easier not to.
    Thanks!
    The pictures in the paper do look like real medieval pictures.
    Great update!

@GraceyManor Great pictures!

@misty4m Great update!

@meerkattime You're welcome.
    I'd imagine so.
    Yeah, but it took me like two years to get there, mostly due to not playing constantly, and hiatuses from the save in general.

@krabby_pattiess Great update!
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    Thank you @Brandontaylor
    new.png
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    Update on the progress of the video I'm working on.

I've been having a struggle with Episode 7 of The Perfect Genetics Challenge. Firstly, I had my video editing software crash at least twice in two days. Then I finally completed the part that used the recordings of the game that I'd already done. So today I needed to play some more of the game. So far I've had one Error 12, and three crashes to desktop. All memory related I assume.

Consequently, I have changed the ending of this video. I was planning to develop the sims in the household in Moonlight Falls. I even added two birthday cakes to one version that crashed. I had planned to age up the toddlers to child.

I decided to change my plans and have had Olivia take Bobby to Mountain Lake where he has now moved into his own home. He will be the last sim I move to that world as it's getting a bit crowded. I've moved over 50 Sims to it so far.

Since Olivia was temporarily in Mountain Lake I decided she ought to visit some of her grandchildren she hasn't met yet so I moved her into the home of James and his family. I'll play for a while in that household. Olivia might catch up with Gary and his family as some stage too before the end of the video. I have about 10 minutes of the video left to complete it assuming it'll be about 30 minutes long.

Happy Simming All.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited February 2023
    Great updates everyone!

I had some troubles in my story save, my sims got stuck in China, but with Nraas i finally
    got them back so that was a relief, with just one chapter to go.
    I took one of my old sims and changed him to a mermaid and also gave him twin brothers, they are a recreation of some of my other male mermaid sims, but I made them a lot differently in the sims 3.

Eating contest

Trip2.png

Trip1.png

Trip3.png

new.png
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @emorrill Will probably do that at one point. ;) (PS: I'm sure the Queen song is awesome, but for some reason it wouldn't load for me.)

@Brandontaylor Thanks. ;)

@Sims4MagicalTales Oh, dramatic updates! I hope my sim teenagers won't get that angry...

@misty4m Haha, that looks... confusing. :P
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
    edited February 2023
    TtDVKfV.jpg
    I made a new sim. Her name is Karoliiná Onébegajávvre. Indoor picture with outdoor clothing.
    KaW9jNU.jpg
    Outdoor picture with indoor clothing...
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited February 2023
    BowerBuff Boys Gangster Idol Boy Band Taken-Inspiration Trio finally all together!
    Kenshin "Kaishakuni" Morina. He is also the senior of Morgue and Nikolla, and the "passion" of the trio. He has a slightly bad relationship with Nikolla.
    pSLrgZn.jpg
    I plan to put Kenshin and another female sim (I'm thinking about her image) with Morgue and Najwa in a household, and I'm considering how to choose the place for the overhaul version of their house.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    I had to change their clothing color lol because I started getting confused which one was which unless I click on their picture lol @Sprottenham
    new.png
    Had the Hayward brothers travel to the future to meet their family.

1_dL4eM37jjaw7CZNzwA2zsg.png

2_9Crb16d579zSV9347VX8cQ.png

new.png
    Chapter 20.1 – Onébegajávvre (Lake Onebega) - January 2023: Full moon love.

Mari Boine - Gumppet Holvot (The wolves howl)

Lyrics translated to english (taken from the artists web page):
    I live, live from day to day
    live from day to day
    I wait and see
    I wait and see
    what comes next
    I wait and see
    what you are planning

I talk, talk and talk
    Saying the same things
    again and again
    repeat and repeat
    repeat and repeat

And the wolves howl
    as they always have
    and always will
    and always will
    as they always have
    and always will

I wait and see
    what are you plotting now
    wait and see
    what are you scheming

I talk, talk and talk
    saying the same thing
    again and again
    chewing and chewing
    the same words

While the wolves howl
    as they always have
    Always will

This update is a continuation of Chapter 19.1 – Sunset Valley – January 2023: Part I – New Year, New home, New beginning.. from the point where Oliver Freddy and Inge left Sunset Valley to continue their fourth semester at university..

nl1xFfx.jpg

"Bye bye brother.. see you again in summer...then we'll go fishing together.. you know I didn't really mean it when I said you were weird..."

The journey takes them east, and then north to the small on the shores of Lake Onebega between the Appaloosian mountains to the west and the smaller Nimíipuu mountain range to the east.

SaxpbEM.png

Back to old grounds, and Oliver Freddy already wants to go on a date with Inge.. Inge is looking forward to returning to her art studies..

zC8IWXj.jpg

She just has to stop and show off with a wrench for a while.. Climbing the ranks of the social groups have given her a bit of a confidence boost and made her more confident about her inborn handiness skill. ;)

U5q0hjW.jpg

"See what I can do! I'm not a loser!"

falMrNz.png

Then after a while some of their other room-mates also return, from top left to bottom right: Jonathan Dirk (will he still have a crush on Inge?), Skip Taylor, Daniel Vaughn, Cody Eisenberg and Ayana Yuki.

nXBLXpI.jpg

Jonathan Dirk finds Oliver Freddy to talk about his expectations for the upcoming semester and studying, while Inge repeatedly engages Skip Taylor in the university slogan dance.

6f47yIF.jpg

Inge goes outside to do something that, atleast up until now, have been pretty uncharacteristic of her, but something that her boyfriend has done several times.. to go dumpster diving. There are some hints of personal growth in her since her first semester at university.. Or atleast changes, because maybe dumpster diving can't excactly be filed under personal growth.. but she is being more courageous and dares to do things she previously didn't, and getting dirty in a dumpster is one of those things.. No more is she the shy and timid freshman that would cry over her own burnt waffles in the morning!

ZLh8Isg.jpg

Well, mostly...

liDPLMD.jpg

Oliver Freddy was inside reading a copy of Inges first published novel, "A miner's heart". A story of a copper mine in the far northern mountains, and a young hard headed miner falling in love with one of the entertainers working at one of the gambling houses downtown...

QJSBKq1.jpg

Then it was time for them to head for the information meeting at the Student Union to pick up the books they would need for this semester..

Continues in spoiler.

F2sFn10.jpg

Their first lecture isn't until tomorrow, so after having picked up their stuff, Inge goes to play on the arcade machines. Oliver Freddy wants to put some scientific data into context, so heads over to the institute of the technology to have a talk with the professors there.

aJvznhY.jpg

The professors weren't to happy about the data he brought as they weren't relevant for their ongoing research project on the effects of woohoo on the brain (Seriously... that's what the pop-up said..:P) so they only rewarded him 21 simoleons for the effort.

ZNjdfHk.png

Well, Oliver wasn't in it for the money, so that didn't faze him much, he was much more disappointed about not having the correct data – again... but since he learnt about their research project he got an idea. He already wanted to take Inge out on a date, but now he wanted to take it a step further.. also since he knew there would be a full moon out tonight. He thought he could already hear the wolves howling from the distant mountain tops..

y7VfGY8.png
    ..so he sends a message to his girlfriend, suggesting that they meet up at the coffee shop for some hot drinks, wink wink nudge nudge. :P

oFpxokm.png

So they meet up at the café and Oliver Freddy being blessed with the inappropriate trait that stems from his grandpa doesn't shy away from giving flirtatious comments about getting their hair wet and skinny dipping in the lake.. yep, that's what he said... but it's a little to cold for that this early in the season, maybe, so they launch into the university cheer dance before they continue to talk about just that, the cold and the snow and end it with a passionate kiss. ;)

OBbVRal.png

They head on over to the counter to order their coffee and tea, but it looks like the barista is in a weird mood or could do with some training, because she just walks away from the cash register to stand awkwardly at the other end... so they give up on ordering and Cora Sidwell moves over and wants to dance with Oliver Freddy. Inge is not to keen on that, so she gets inbetween them to introduce herself to this lady in pink clothes and hideous make-up...
    After this the barista seems to have gotten the idea to do what she is supposedly paid for and go stand by the cash register.. "..did these guys just want to order something...?"

Oliver Freddy entertains the girls by retelling a funny story he heard from his aunt Monica about a failed fishing experiment she did once in the small pond behind the Landgraab Research Facility in Sunset Valley. Cora laughs a little nervously while gauging Inges reaction.. "Hmm, are they a couple or..? Maybe I shouldn't have interfered..."

FEFf52b.png

With the barista taking her job seriously for a moment they seize the opportunity to buy themselves some lunch, before sitting down and discussing the upcoming semester. Oliver Freddy wants to do an inkblot test on Inge again, as a purely scientific experiment of course, to see if she's got woohoo on her mind too... Not quite, as her associations were more in the line of asking to increase the royalty she gets from her publisher, dumspter diving and cooking breakfast. However, she does a bit of flirting too, before they move on to talk about the snow and cold weather again.. It always takes a while for them to adjust to the lower temperatures of the mountains after having migrated north from Sunset Valley. They discuss the weather for a while, when blam – suddenly the bathroom door behind them slams open and out comes a naked woman..

0d4KLra.png

Its Jennifer Rockefeller of course. Who else? I don't know what to say about this anymore.. she has become more or less a naked running 'gag' of campus life.. it almost isn't funny anymore... :P But I'll give her that, this entrance was probably one of the best ones she ever did. It totally caught me by surprise that's for sure.. Inge and Oliver Freddy are totally unphazed, though.. Everybody must know about her streaking antics by now as nobody bats an eye.. Jennifer Rockefeller running around with nothing on is perfectly normal around here, it's what you should expect...

aj0F8hz.jpg

Though Inge seemed unaffected by the naked running woman, she jumped a little when she received a message on her phone... Unsure if the message would be a positive or a negative one, she went towards the corner to read it in privacy.. She shouted of joy when she saw that it was a party invitation from Jeffrey Dean – the same guy that mocked her and called her a loser during her freshman year.. The more self assured Inge was definately seeing an increased popularity among her peers. Now it wasn't just Oliver Freddy that got the party invitations, she got them too!

DISSFiG.png

She wouldn't go to the party without her boyfriend, of course not. Like he always took her with him to the parties he was invited to, she would of course do the same. So off they went, past the ever nude Jennifer Rockefeller, now dancing next to the cafeteria counter. Oliver Freddy did his best to look away when they had to walk past Jennifer, but Inge thought it was hilarious and was excited about it. "Did you see that!?" she said when they left the cafeteria to get into his car and drive to Jeffreys party.

SgpBF4a.jpg

Inge immediately sat down to work on another sketch for a future painting, while Oliver Freddy did his best to make sure the other party guests (and the host) did their rounds on the juice keg, by far the most popular item at this party...

Uc6Illh.jpg

Inge had gone down into the basement and found the ping pong table where she played a match with Daniel Vaughn. Both her and Oliver Freddy was being sensible and staying away from the juice this early in the semester..

9woK66x.jpg

Oliver Freddy had gone out into the garage to see what was there. Looking up at the sky on his way, he got the idea to ask Inge to watch the stars (and the moon..)..

Cec0a4A.jpg

So he walked back inside to look for Inge. He couldn't find her anywhere in the rooms on the first floor, but someone had seen her go downstairs where he found her in the bathroom..

2myQ4DT.jpg

Of course Inge said she would be more than happy to watch the stars with him, so happily he walked back up the stairs to go outside. ;) Unfortunately though, Inge got a little anxious at all the people that had congregated on top of the stairs in the meantime, impatiently tapping their foot and waiting for their turn to go to the juice keg. It reminded her a little to much of her junior high school days when she would sometimes hide in a toilet stall during breaks to avoid getting bullied by some of the older pupils... so all Oliver Freddy got to do was to stand outside waiting in the cold..

oOpLa3U.jpg

When the passage had cleared and she finally made it out there, it was Oliver Freddys turn to use the bathroom.. She apologized to him for being late and said she got anxious again. Oliver Freddy understood, he knew what it was like to get anxious from time to time, though for completely different reasons. Strangely enough, perhaps, he had avoided getting bullied when he was in school, as everyone thought of him as pretty strong and brave. His father is the towns prison warden after, all, but what nobody knew back then was that he carried another secret.. Just like his mother Ranveig, his aunt Monica and eventually his younger cousin Lise Veronica, he would begin to sometimes hear voices..

It started out when he was a child, and they were pretty mild at first, just 'ordinary' commands.. "Look at that flower!".. "Look at that painting!".."Go sit in that chair!", but as he got older they got gradually worse... "Did you hear that painting? It's talking to you!"... "The painting hates you!".. and so on. The voices could sometimes be really nasty and eventually started to use all kinds of foul language... Walking though the hallways to get to class could sometimes be a nightmare with the voices blending in with the chatter from everyone else he was passing on the way... it took a lot of strength to keep a straight face and pretend nothing was happening...

People always said about him that he was brave and determined.... if only they knew.. and it was this bravery, among other things, that piqued Inges interest, how he just waded through the crowds of the hallways like it was, apparently, nothing.. and finally, after watching him from a distance from her seat in the school bus, she finally found the courage to send him a text message when she got home to ask him on a date.. and the rest you, perhaps, already know.. ;)

jabNdYE.jpg

So... with her boyfriend using the bathroom, Inge walked up to a room on the second floor to watch her favorite channel on tv, the cooking channel...

M0gohkA.png

Toilet visits could sometimes be related to setbacks for both of them, but Oliver Freddy hadn't given up on his thought of romance under the moonlight. He had to go for it tonight. ;) He thought as well that it would probably be good for Inge to pull herself away from the tv every once in a while, so he found her in the bedroom upstairs and turned on his charm to the maximum level to woo her before they would go home.. Well, that was his original idea, but seeing how well it worked, why not make an even more daring suggestion...

S0S2gkN.jpg

Inge was taken aback by what he just said, but oh so exciting.. Of course, it made her a little nervous too, and before she could fully commit, she had to get some emotions out of the way.. She had never done this before.. what if someone found out and walked in on them? What would they say? What would they think?

XoShyoR.jpg

..but she trusted her boyfriend and followed him to another bedroom next door... besides, she thought that everyone downstairs were probably still to preoccupied with the juice keg to walk upstairs and notice.. right..?

WogI79L.jpg

Well, it's now or never... ;)

penIynf.jpg

"You ready?"

riYSbKZ.jpg

Laughter, applause and bed noises. :P

DBYwWFU.jpg

Love and magic happened that night as the moon hang shining bright high up in the sky..

FrYVaMY.jpg

"...and you only wanted to hold hands, didn't you...?" / "...why do I keep thinking about garden gnomes....?"

Oh my, looks like they did it with the door open.. someone must have heard that...

X12C7BL.jpg

Yup, I think this guy that showed up shortly afterwards knows what just happened. ;)

TF2Zspv.jpg

Inspired by the act or whatever it was, the random guy that almost walked in on them walks down the stairs and decides to run around streaking.. while Oliver Freddy and Inge sit down together on a couch just outside the room..

Inge is getting a little anxious again now, and thinks its time they head back home before more people notice.. besides, her first lecture starts early tomorrow morning, and she wants to make sure she gets enough sleep. Oliver Freddy agrees, they want to be good, sensible students.. and it's only the beginning of the semester... they can hopefully do some more wild partying once they have finished their exams before summer.. and what they already did was pretty wild anyway..

Fi3Mijm.jpg

So they get into his car and drive back home to their dorm under the beautiful night sky to find their own bed and go to sleep...

6lCIRbl.jpg

Good night and see you again tomorrow! ;)

C3FTUbj.jpg
    th1das9.png
  • ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    It's been a pretty crazy few months. Had to get a new laptop on top of all that. Went to install Origins on it an all I found was this EA app thing. When did they get rid of Origins?
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
    @ButterWafflesAR I think it was a process that started gradually sometime last year (October maybe?). I was forced to use the EA app sometime in December or January.
    th1das9.png
  • ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    @ButterWafflesAR I think it was a process that started gradually sometime last year (October maybe?). I was forced to use the EA app sometime in December or January.

Ah, welp! Going to take some time, but I guess I will just have to learn to get used to it. I just hope it doesn't cause too many issues with buying simpoints and all that jazz. I still have a few things in the sims 3 shop I need to get.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
    @ButterWafflesAR currently I still play mine on both EA app and Origin.
    new.png
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Howdy everyone! :smiley:

It's another day off from work for me and since it's going to be windy and rainy (and I never feel like going out in that kind of weather...) I'm going to stay in and play Sims for the majority of the day. :mrgreen: I still have A LOT of work to do building up Praaven, especially populating it. I also need to organize a lot of my cc items into folders in buy mode to make it easier to find everything while I'm decorating. :lol: 👍🏻 For now, here's some more of:

Emorrill's Testing Medieval CC Shenanigans Part 8!

Y'all are familiar with the awesome creator Severinka right? :star: Well I had forgotten about much of her awesome content for medieval themed play and I went on one heck of a downloading spree on her site a few weeks back. Here's some of the things I snagged, using sexy Chase as the testing sim of course. :smirk:<3

This long sword and shield:
    (Sorry for the poor dusk lighting...)

52704360981_97b265c5f4_c.jpg

I realize these two items are more for medieval Asia...while mine is more set in medieval England/Wales...but I wanted to test them anyway and just might keep them in because I love the pattern on the sword. :star:

"Uh...Chase...I think you just pierced your shoulder! :open_mouth: Stay still, and calm...you'll be alright. I'll go fetch the Physician..."

52704360756_4b23a183eb_c.jpg
    :lol::p

He was ok. ;)

I'm not sure if I will incorporate any witches/warlocks or people possessing magic in the medieval story I plan to tell later this year, but I just might for other stories so I've been looking at cc for just that kind of thing as well. :blush:

Like these glowing orbs! :grin: I found some awesome poses that use them - but of course I didn't have them in the game at the time of testing - so I just "handed" them to Chase and he was having a fun time pretending to do magical things with them. :) Observe:

52704614369_d803dd7d62_c.jpg

52704614559_8af0ecc3c0_c.jpg
    ^Looks like he's using them as punching balls here. :lol:

"BYAAAA!"
    52704780850_9e8bb65019_c.jpg
    :joy:

Ohhhh you are so sexy Chase...no matter what you're doing. :love:

52703837432_eee9383e62_c.jpg

A quick close up of how they rest in the hand:

52704781300_9d3939c437_c.jpg

*Go snag them on Severinka's site, as well as everything else, while you still can!* :star:

Oooh, check out these swords. 🤩

52703837857_6b7936d829_c.jpg

52704848743_67bfff8066_c.jpg

And this "Staff of the Sun Goddess" on Severinka's site.)

52704782180_123ddaeff6_c.jpg

Chase had fun with this one too. :p

52704849293_131acecbfa_c.jpg

52704616369_525c1f7b9c_c.jpg

Oh...gotta get a close up here:

52703839017_0924340297_c.jpg

<3<3 That look...those eyes... <3<3
    **Smitten Sigh**

Here's an Ice Staff being held by Chase's female counterpart (I gender switched him to test out some cc for females):

52703839447_ebbf67dbaf_c.jpg

Close up:

52704617124_91a67d28cd_c.jpg
    So sparkly! Love! ✨

Do I spy with my little eye...

52704850498_70383136de_c.jpg

...a unicorn cloud? :grin:

Naturally I rush on over there with the camera. :lol:

Looks like all the horses are having a late night party/get together. :lol:

52704364416_92e09e362d_c.jpg
    They're so beautiful! <3

"Let's get to know each other here..." :p

52704617714_e3812d5755_c.jpg

That morning, Suzette woke up and was just chilling on her bed, looking cute. :blush:

52704364806_094c51b1af_c.jpg

I told y'all I would catch the cat biffing it off the table and I DID! :joy:

52704851238_04bfd7d4ed_c.jpg
    Poor baby...but she really shouldn't be sleeping on the dinner table! :grimace: I keep trying to get Chase to scold her for it, but the option won't pop up afterward. 🤷🏻‍♀️

At this point in time I was very anxious to test out the new and improved hay wagon stroller! :smiley:

52704784585_7d1e0a6697_c.jpg

The bar placed in front of the baby to keep them more secure gives this mother much peace of mind :relieved: ...even though this is just a game and gravity is not really a thing. :p

52704847008_bb95f03b76_c.jpg

Many many thanks to @Sprottenham for this fix! :star: You rock! And it looks great!

Well that's it from me for now everyone. :blush: Hope life is going well for y'all and keep the posts coming!

What happened in your game today? ;)

<3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @emorrill

I love Severinkas stuff, I don't use the medieval stuff but the other cc she
    has created, all good stuff.
    Great update!
    edited February 2023
    In my game yesterday this zombie planned her attack very carefully on someone she hated.

She came in had something to eat first and then informed the person she didn't like in the room how she felt about him and then started the attack.

She walked in and found some food and started eating first.
    zombie1.png

After a while she saw the person, she hated in the room.

zombie2.png

His face says it all he knows she is coming for him.

zombie3.png

He started getting into fear mode and she seem happy his scared of her.

zombie4.png

Now she started her attack on the person she hates in the room.

zombie5.png
    zombie6.png

new.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top