Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    I really wanted babies on Valentine's day. :/

If they're released before you can just wait until February 14 to update. 🙂
    Hi ya! I tried skipping the update earlier, game insisted it wouldn't work without it, no biggie 6 weeks from now is fine, I've had 2 deaths in my real family and now have lots of paperwork to take care of and decisions' to make, adulting sucks sometimes. :'(

@LuvtehGeeks sorry to hear about the loss of your family members.
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    Thank you, my heart hurts but it's a thing that happens in life.
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited February 2023
    1. I don’t want pre-teens because I’m not really sure how much more different they’d be than children and teens. As someone who likes to play through the generations, adding another life stage would just make that process even longer. I personally think that the stages will be just right once we get infants.

2. I don’t care about horses simply because farm life isn’t really my thing.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member

I saw the trailer for the new expansion pack, and it didn’t wow me. It might be the last pack I buy…I might get it… eventually.

I primarily play with MerSims or Merfolk… Every Life Stage below the teen life stage doesn’t have a mermaid or merman form, so gameplay for infants, toddlers, and children are largely ignored. This makes packs for family gameplay a lot less appealing.

Merfolk lack the same depth as other occults, so I don’t rush to buy packs that don’t specifically add depth to their gameplay.

And many stories involving merfolk involve elements of family… it’s such a shame that the absence of a merman or mermaid form makes things so awkward with gameplay for younger life stages…

Really wish I could do more with Aquatic Living or an Aquatic Lifestyle.

I really don’t like building human homes for non-human sims.

I play on the console, so mods aren’t an option. Mods might be the only thing that can add the depth I’m looking for with merfolk.

There are many mods that I wish I could use because MerSims still need so much attention.

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member

The thing is… I do a lot with my merfolk in the water… my builds revolve around what my merfolk can do in the water… It’s just so frustrating to accommodate life stages younger than a teen… Merfolk have certain abilities that I use a lot… Merfolk younger than teens don’t have mermadic abilities and require a lot of stuff I really don’t want to do when playing a merfolk household.

• TheGrandTourFanTheGrandTourFan Posts: 33 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Occults are pointless. This is supposed to be a "life simulator" game, and, (in my mind), vampires, werewolves, spellcasters, and other "occults" don't exist in said life simulator.

“Pointless” is subjective. For those of us who like to play a fantasy story, they are definitely not pointless. As for the “life simulator” argument, the Sims has never been a realistic life simulator. Occults, cow plants, plant sims, alien abductions, weird deaths, ghosts and The Grim Reaper have always been a part of the game. Good news: those occults are isolated in their own packs, so no one has to have them in their game if they don’t want them. No need to wish them away for those of us who enjoy them. Win-win!

Why are you trying to argue with me in a thread called "unpopular opinions"?
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    edited February 2023
    cyncie wrote: »
    Occults are pointless. This is supposed to be a "life simulator" game, and, (in my mind), vampires, werewolves, spellcasters, and other "occults" don't exist in said life simulator.

“Pointless” is subjective. For those of us who like to play a fantasy story, they are definitely not pointless. As for the “life simulator” argument, the Sims has never been a realistic life simulator. Occults, cow plants, plant sims, alien abductions, weird deaths, ghosts and The Grim Reaper have always been a part of the game. Good news: those occults are isolated in their own packs, so no one has to have them in their game if they don’t want them. No need to wish them away for those of us who enjoy them. Win-win!

Why are you trying to argue with me in a thread called "unpopular opinions"?

No argument. People share agreement or alternate views in this thread all the time.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

I hate all the gnomes and the yoda baby whatever it is

• GiggeGigge Posts: 72 Member

I wish the description boxes for Sims allowed more text.

And I wish we had a general search feature for the Gallery instead of jus the hashtag system. #NoHashtag

• Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member

Yeah-I hate the gnomes,too. They were annoying in Sims 1,and they started wearing out their welcome by Sims 3. Now in Sims 4,I view them as pests to be exterminated.I hope they'll be absent from Sims 5.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member

I still like my Journey to Batuu pack because it's still so useful with my Get to Work & Strangerville packs.🤗

I so need more futuristic sifi packs or even kits will be appreciated.🤩

• RitchieRitchie Posts: 107 Member

You made me realise that I haven't ever played Batuu. I have it, but I subconsciously avoided it because of the negativity and reviews. I've been in a science fiction mood lately so I'm going to give this a go later today. :) I'm curious!

• simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member

Never have I downloaded CC or mods and never intend to.

I'm also not a big fan of moo.

Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• GiggeGigge Posts: 72 Member
    Good looking kids make weird looking adults and weird looking adults make good looking kids in this game.

Weird.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I don't get people's excitement over new deaths and new woohoo locations with new DLC. Base game already offers a few options. I don't need any more.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member

You made me realise that I haven't ever played Batuu. I have it, but I subconsciously avoided it because of the negativity and reviews. I've been in a science fiction mood lately so I'm going to give this a go later today. :) I'm curious!

@Ritchie It is awesome. It’s certainly not for everyone, but it is awesome all the same. Excellent Build Buy/ CAS catalogue in my opinion, if you like that kinda style (I most definitely do).

Gameplay wise, I’d suggest starting off by becoming a scoundrel. My sim made a career out of scoundrelling outside of Batuu. He can pickpocket and swindle credits (simoleons) and he makes decent money in the pubs and bars from (cheating at) sabacc. Doesn’t have to be Star Wars related at all, and sabacc can be played at any game table. If you’re into mischief, this is the pack for you. My sim is a rich man. He’s a very happy, very free and a very rich man. 😇

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    My advice for you @Ritchie is to never ever listen to negative review or judging a game by it's cover. Always try to look for the hidden treasures behind the game & see if it would be useful for CAS, building objects or gameplay. Also, can it be useful with previous packs.
    That's why Batuu is useful for Get to Work & Strangerville.
  • bloodmunbloodmun Posts: 26 Member
    I strongly, strongly, dislike all things Alien. It just doesn't seem very well executed.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023
    I genuinely liked Batuu and while I know of and saw some Star Wars I’m not exactly a fan or know of the characters.

I did that honeymooners challenge, sent two sims to Batuu. One became a smuggler/space pirate and the other trained Jedi in the forest. At nights they went to the funky bar and played games and danced with the robot DJ.

I only stopped because my sim got pregnant, but I played it for maybe 3 weeks real time after work and it’s... in the top quarter of packs I have played so far I would say. I enjoyed the quests and just the atmosphere and things. It could be better for sure and not much replayability but can say the same of others. I am more of a live mode player anyway so I think that helps. I had fun.
    Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Does not being excited for infants count? XD
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I really like Eliza Pancakes and enjoy playing her as a nice Sim.
  • pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 61 Member
    Rahmi Watson is the Bella Goth of Henford-on-Bagley. She deserves way more love.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member

I think so :D I'm under the impression that MOST simmers look forward to them. I'm not that excited myself. I'll try them at least once, of course, before I have much opinion on them. I do actually HOPE they are worth playing with.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited February 2023
    pvrescue1 wrote: »
    Rahmi Watson is the Bella Goth of Henford-on-Bagley. She deserves way more love.

Anything that's the "something" of the "something" isn't really the "anything" of "anything".

That's an opinion I can rally behind!

As for my own... I'm mad that they removed constant decor moodlets such as the 'beautifuly decorated'. Why bother decorating if that makes no difference to our sims?
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited February 2023
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    As for my own... I'm mad that they removed constant decor moodlets such as the 'beautifuly decorated'. Why bother decorating if that makes no difference to our sims?

@Dijktafone This is the first I've heard about them being removed-- but there is a toggle in Gameplay Options "Build mode items grant gameplay effects", perhaps yours is switched off?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top