Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EA App

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    There is one thing I still haven't found any information on, when is this going to be forced on Mac gamers? More importantly when it does will it require the M1 Apple chipset or will it work with Intel powered Macs too? This isn't just an EA thing, but since The Sims is literally the only game I play they are the developer I'm focused on. I did try to download Disney Dreamlight Valley from the Apple Store but found out when I did that it only works with M1 Macs. So I'm left to wonder when this app goes live for Mac will I lose access to my game if I'm still using this computer?
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member
    > @Ellupelluellu said:
    > I dont play sims3 , if I would and my bought items were missing, I do admit I would be feeling differently.
    >
    > All (huge amount of 2 , lol ) my games run and work as should, no problems so far. The opposite in fact, as I had big difficulties to get connected to gallery with Origin, now with app, it connects me in about a second. That part I like very much indeed.

Wait till you try to turn the game on, and it "can't connect". For hours at a time. I'd rather wait for the other connection a little. They need to seriously fix the thing before making people switch by force. I don't know what it'll be like in the summer if they shut the Origin down.

I play in offline and so far i have not gladly had any complains. I of course understand how frustrating it is if having said problems.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Diassa wrote: ยป
    I just recently installed EA App. Origin is just a memory. My thoughts? This App is horrible. It doesn't run on startup, looks so clumsy, I hate this animations (videos) on background. It is worse than Origin. I don't know who accepted that sh** because it's just annoying.
    Lucky me my games are OK. I have Sims4, Sims2 and Sims Medieval. All look untouched although I had to configure S2 again from the start.
    I hate this thing...

The EA app has an option to start when you start your computer. It is in settings. I know because I intentionally turned it off. I also use my pc for other things and it does not have to run every time for me.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,319 EA Community Manager
    There is one thing I still haven't found any information on, when is this going to be forced on Mac gamers? More importantly when it does will it require the M1 Apple chipset or will it work with Intel powered Macs too? This isn't just an EA thing, but since The Sims is literally the only game I play they are the developer I'm focused on. I did try to download Disney Dreamlight Valley from the Apple Store but found out when I did that it only works with M1 Macs. So I'm left to wonder when this app goes live for Mac will I lose access to my game if I'm still using this computer?

We haven't made any announcements about EA app for Mac as of yet aside from this article:

You may have seen some news about the new EA app for Windows, which will soon replace Origin as EAโ€™s primary PC gaming destination. We understand you may be curious about what this means for you and your fellow Origin for Mac players.

For now, we have no changes to announce. Origin for Mac is still the place you can access your games. As things evolve, weโ€™ll have more information to share in the coming months.

In the meantime, continue enjoying your games through Origin for Mac.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    @EA_Cade Thanks for responding. I had seen that message, but I was hoping there might be some new information I just hadn't found yet.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited February 2023
    welp its forcing EA App on me now ๐Ÿ˜จ
    what happens if I just exit origin and restart?
    the same screen i assume?

oh well I guess I'll have to suffer this eventually
    so might as well do it now instead of when the babes are at door
    and I suddenly notice I'm gonna need to access my game

here I go I guess
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    whew okay so far no problem with my ts4 account
    I have separate ts3 account though (cause when ts4 released I accidentally made new one)
    so the one with ts3 might have issues
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    edited February 2023
    I was forced to change to the EA App two days ago (Wednesday Feb 8th). I had been happily using Origin until that message ("Now it's time...") finally popped to my screen as well... I never had any major issues with Origin and I liked to use it, so I had made the decicion to just keep using Origin as long as I can, until I'm forced to make the change.

The process of installing the EA App went ok, but after it was installed, there was a message: "Something went wrong. There is a problem with your account."
    I don't know what that was about, and it made me nervous, but then it was like nothing happened - regarding that message, because then I was able to log in normally, and everything seemed to be ok: my game (I only have The Sims 4) was showing there and I was able to launch and play my game (I had made back ups of my important The Sims 4 files, just in case, as I do regularly otherwise too, but luckily everything was working as it should when playing my game.)

But later when I was exiting the game, it closed as it should but when it came to the EA App window, it again mentioned a message "something went wrong". I was able to log out but when I was shutting down my computer, there was some problem first, there was a message (I don't remember the wording of that) that there was something stopping the computer to close, and it was some issue with the EA App (some kind of error message). I was able to close the computer little while after.

On Thursday when I was playing, I had a problem that I couldn't get to the Gallery,
    I was trying several times, but it just didn't connect and kept saying "Couldn't connect. Try again"). I wonder, is that also because of some issue with the EA App... I rarely had issues getting to the Gallery when using Origin.
    Also yesterday, when I exited the game, the EA App again mentioned some problems and then there was also an error message (I don't remember the wording of that), so when it asked that do I want to make an error report, I did, but then... there was this message (which I remember word by word, because I took a photo of it):

"Your error report encountered an error.
    We are aware of the excruciating irony of this moment. Bear with us, and try again a little later."
    ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Edit: Yesterday (Friday) everything worked well, and I was also able to get to the Gallery. Hopefully it's going to keep working well now.
    Post edited by Aaleyn on
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen โ™ฅ*โ™ฅ*โ™ฅ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,645 Member
    The process of installing the EA App went ok, but after it was installed, there was a message: "Something went wrong. There is a problem with your account."
    I don't know what that was about, and it made me nervous, but then it was like nothing happened - regarding that message, because then I was able to log in normally, and everything seemed to be ok
    That happened to me at the beginning too. But it's been fine since.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Back to worrying everytime I launch Origin. I saw others mentioning the EA app push again on Reddit. I just hope everything is sorted now.
    8c043ee9dbd3e594b33c13f7cb37b4bf5db7c76d.gif
    i7-13700K โ€ข 16GB โ€ข RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    I was forced to switch to the app today. At first I was like, "Oh, this looks okay." Then I started my game and...crash. Want to play a family? Nope. Want to start a new save? Nope. My plan was to not switch to the app until all the bugs were worked out, but apparently that's not acceptable. So, now I'm going to bang my head against my PC all day to see if I can get it to work.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited February 2023
    I was finally forced to change to EA app few days ago and I was really nervous at first, but everything worked out fine. I haven't had any problems with my game yet and I've played a lot. :)
    Maybe I should knock on wood because it would be exactly my "luck" to have things go wrong now after saying this. :D
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I had to make the change on Saturday. I kept my fingers crossed, did a repair once it was done, and started up. I played on Saturday and Sunday and had no problems. Thank goodness! I'm just hoping nothing suddenly blows up.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Couldn't put it off any longer, tonight the only choice I was given was to install the EA App or just not play. Going to miss Origin, it worked well with Steam, but with the EA App I got the dreaded "Something wrong with your account" pop-up and had to restart the computer to get the game to come up. That's going to get old quick.
    The cake is a lie
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited February 2023
    Back in October when I downloaded the app, it did not go well at all. So, I switched back to Origin. This past Friday, the pop-up to switch from Origin to the EA app showed up. :#

With the expectation of the infant update and new family style expansion pack, I was really worried that I would not be able to play and enjoy my game with the new EA app. Yet, I haven't had any problems so far. Hoping things continue to be smooth sailing.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    It was pushed on me last night. I'd closed the game to update a mod, and then wasn't able to restart without installing the EA app. No way to close the notification, and if I closed origin and tried to launch The Sims 4, the notification appeared again and wouldn't launch the game.
  • David8_LyDavid8_Ly Posts: 41 Member
    I was worried about EA App causing problems because I have noticed many complaints about this new app. Origin I think was closed officially from EA starting from mid February, because today was the first day that I was not allowed to open The SIms 4 from Origin where I would click on The Sims 4, but would not launch even with The SIms 4 open where the app made it clear that it wants people to move over to EA App. Fortunately, I have not noticed any major issues yet when switching over from Origin to EA App including me not missing an dlc that I purchased before switching over to EA App. Also, I did not notice an issue from my first ever launch from EA App. Many people have complained about EA App failure to launch because of connectivity issues, but fortunately I have not noticed that yet.
    Anyone else had three EA App updates in just as many weeks?
    I wonder if all these updates are fixing all the teething problems?
    Anyway, so far the updates have caused no problems - touch wood. But I get scared in case something goes wrong!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Anyway, so far the updates have caused no problems - touch wood. But I get scared in case something goes wrong!

I recently had two on the Origin launcher, nothing on my EA App. However, my EA App is on a separate device to my Origin launcher, and I don't have Sims 4. Maybe one of the updates was for that.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.

There have been a few updates lately. Let's hope they improve the app. Are there patche notes anywhere? Yesterday it took me 3 attempts to get the update working, first time the update did not go smoothly. But now it is updated, I can play again, thankfully.

I recently had two on the Origin launcher, nothing on my EA App. However, my EA App is on a separate device to my Origin launcher, and I don't have Sims 4. Maybe one of the updates was for that.

It was the app update. My ts4 wants to update, but I've not allowed it to update for months, and don't want to. At least I'm not getting the forced game update.
    MLgj4Vx.png

There have been a few updates lately. Let's hope they improve the app. Are there patche notes anywhere? Yesterday it took me 3 attempts to get the update working, first time the update did not go smoothly. But now it is updated, I can play again, thankfully.

I've not seen any patch notes, and haven't encountered anything different, either.
    It sounds like there are a few more positive experiences now than at the beginning.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    @February11 I don't think they do patch notes on the app. At least I never saw any from Origin? Usually just a popup saying it was going to update (when I had auto off).

My Sims3 is definitely working better now w/store content. Didn't have a problem with the other two.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    @February11 I don't think they do patch notes on the app. At least I never saw any from Origin? Usually just a popup saying it was going to update (when I had auto off).

My Sims3 is definitely working better now w/store content. Didn't have a problem with the other two.

That's a point. I've never seen patch notes on Origin either.
    That's good to hear that TS3 is showing the store bought content now. I might give it a run to see what happens at some stage.
    Thanks for he update on that.
    MLgj4Vx.png

My sims 3 store content still wasn't showing earlier this week. :( I will have to test again because I don't know if this was before or after this weeks patch.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top