Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

1242526272830...Next

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    @EgonVM , in case you are curious, here is more info , by late Mootilda , about beach/uneven terrain apartments :)
    https://modthesims.info/t/302405

That's interesting... So, when an apartment sublot is created, it gets lowered to the lowest point of the base-lot.
    This post is long and picture heavy, so I'll put all that under spoilers.
    So, interested, I went ahead and dug the deepest hole possible near an apartment to make it sink.
    1rf218tpurho.png

After changing the lot type and moving sims in, the result is... nothing...
    3ul1vt2k5f3x.png

So then. Let's make the hole larger. And make it more useable! Aren't I a great builder?
    a81uv1ohbcp5.png

This is fun! And it will leave behind a large hole temporarily when moved!
    t9wzj6ty7jj3.png

The result again is nothing...
    dvjexoyd4mce.png

But the last plan was to move out the family and move the lot on the higher ground. After moving the family in, I got the results I wanted!
    1suektjhm7px.png

The moral of the story. The apartments won't sink below the sea level. That's because first the apartment was on the flat ground near sea level and this happened on the higher ground.
    But let's repeat the one small hole experiment on the higher ground. The result: nothing.
    7ncfgqp2uhg7.png

So, to have this bug happen, you need to have a lot of lower ground. One small hole doesn't make it happen.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I have constantly seen sims having good vacations and thus getting vacation benefits, but I have never seen sims having a bad vacations and thus getting vacation penalties. It is possible though, so curious I sent my sims to a bad vacation.

To get a bad vacation is hard as getting a vacation memento will raise the score to make it good. So, your sim has to avoid doing these and constantly make enemies and freeze/have heat strokes (and end the vacation early so it can't get good enough to avoid penalties). If you can have sims die, that's even better (especially if they are part of the vacation party)!

I'll show the messages you'll get when the score reaches low enough.
    Bad:
    arvuf0n6rd15.png
    Awful:
    xbnz9nc14u7k.png

Once your sim returns from a bad vacation, you'll be greeted with this message:
    lm6frrxzl5rj.png

Awful vacations don't produce any additional messages, but it applies another penalty: Cranky, which makes sims more grouchier.
    wmj560r9pv24.png

My Sims have never had a bad vacation. That's a cool detail.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    edited February 2023
    Welp then. If your sim goes through college, you know that their aging bar will reflect it.
    2iehwbjm9n89.png

But will the aging bar still reflect how their college ended when they become a Plantsim? Sadly, no.

kjoamcucutcg.png
    Though let's see it in other way. The aging bar removes life stages PlantSims can't go through. And young adult sims actually cannot become PlantSims. So I guess that's the case.
    If your sim gets cured, the aging bar will go back showing how the college ended for the sim.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    I have no photo but i just discovered that if one gets the genie lamp, one can wish for a family member to be resurrected! Olive Spector is back in my game!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
    edited February 2023
    Evil witches who know all of the spells can also bring Sims back, as Zombies.

I generally use the genie lamp to give all my Sims who are not my "main Sim" peace of mind. It makes them go perma-platinum, then I can pay less attention to them.

If you use mods, a fun one to get in regards to the genie lamp is the youth wish fix from Modthesims. Maxis had a wish for the lamp that when used, ages your Sim down to the previous life stage. For some reason they scrapped it, but arek_91 made it usable. I like to use it to make Olive younger.
  • sonicgamersonicgamer Posts: 31 Member
    I once found out that if the last sim in a household dies, the Grim Reaper sticks around before the game over notification comes up. I've seen him float around the house and then go use the toilet.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

I generally use the genie lamp to give all my Sims who are not my "main Sim" peace of mind. It makes them go perma-platinum, then I can pay less attention to them.

If you use mods, a fun one to get in regards to the genie lamp is the youth wish fix from Modthesims. Maxis had a wish for the lamp that when used, ages your Sim down to the previous life stage. For some reason they scrapped it, but arek_91 made it usable. I like to use it to make Olive younger.

I thought it turned sims into teens, not their previous life stage. Am I wrong?
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
    Eca wrote: »

Yes, The Sims Wiki agrees. Though I personally have no experience with this, looking at the wiki, almost every post-teen progress gets erased (college, career, retirement, romance etc). Even the life state gets cured for some reason!
    Eca wrote: »

You're right, it is teens.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited March 2023
    So I'll give credit to TCRF for making me find out about this. Lying in the files for the 3d overhead memories is this unused death variant model
    MGrWFox.png

Yeesh talk about dark!
    L9q8VGi.png
    Oh wow. I wonder if that was intended for pregnant Sims, who can die in Sims 2, and they decided it was too dark. There is one dead ancestor in Veronaville who was pregnant- Olivia Monty.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    On tcrf.net it says it was supposed to be the memory of a sim losing their child.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
    I'll share another fun thing I've noticed.

If you have needs maxed out and motive decay turned off, sims most of the time won't do anything even with free will turned on. However, when something needs attention (cleaning for example), they'll go and take care of the problem and afterwards they'll stand and do nothing.

It was fun after a boring wait to see sims race each other to put the old newspaper into the trash can.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Orisein wrote: »
    > @Simeggrolls said:
    > -If you have all family members and toddlers in their seats they will all get served by whoever made the meal

I didnt catch this one, is it real? I never see someone who made meal will serve it to other sims
    I've never tried having them sit first, so I don't know. I'll have to try it out and get back to you.
    Related to that, I'm not sure how they choose, but I've often found my Sims will ignore dining tables and set places at a bar or patio table. In the winter I find myself deleting patio tables so they are forced to set the dining table and not eat out in the cold.

Edit: The answer is no. Tried it, and it didn't work. My Sim serving the meal completely ignored his wife at and daughter sitting at the table and set omelettes in front of two empty chairs instead. Then, grabbed a plate and ate at the couch.

Hmm I’ve definitely had the serve meal option work before. I’ll have to try it again.

Had my sims sit at the table and the Father serve them their meals, it worked with no issues.

I keep it simple. Click on 'call to meal' and let them come to take a serving. Usually will be one on the table but sometimes one from the serving platter if any there. They almost always sit at the table if there are enough chairs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top