Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Half tile end pieces for counters, counter islands and cabinets

Can we please have another complete set of counters, counter islands and cabinets? I would like the ability to centre a sink or appliance between 2, 4 and 6 tiles, but am currently unable to do so with the sets we have now as none of the end pieces or their footprints are exactly half a tile wide.

If we can get a new set with half width end pieces, we’ll be able to place them on both sides of the sink or appliance to centre it between 2 tiles to line up with windows. And if we need to centre them between 4 or 6 tiles, we can then add regular or corner pieces on both sides of the 2 end pieces.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    That's a really good idea, I've been able to center them with MOO, but that can be tedious. I would also like the cabinets and counters to come with a variant for the middle section that includes shelves/and or drawers. We also need appliances that can fit under the counters, minifridges, trash compactor, washing machine and dryer, and the stove that we can place on top of the counter and the microwave oven, and at least some of the pricier fridges, need to come with a version that looks built in.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    That's a really good idea, I've been able to center them with MOO, but that can be tedious. I would also like the cabinets and counters to come with a variant for the middle section that includes shelves/and or drawers. We also need appliances that can fit under the counters, minifridges, trash compactor, washing machine and dryer, and the stove that we can place on top of the counter and the microwave oven, and at least some of the pricier fridges, need to come with a version that looks built in.

How are you able to centre them with MOO? For example, when I have a 2 X 3 bathroom and want to centre the sink with extra counter space across the 2 tile side, I can only place the sink on the right or left side as counters are 1 tile wide. I can do so without extra counter space, but that’s not what I want.

Sometimes I create U-shaped kitchens and want to centre the sink or appliance at the bottom of the U where it’s 4 or 6 tiles wide to align with a window, but can’t do that either.

Agree with the bolder part.
  • Options
    g01denswan wrote: »

How are you able to centre them with MOO? For example, when I have a 2 X 3 bathroom and want to centre the sink with extra counter space across the 2 tile side, I can only place the sink on the right or left side as counters are 1 tile wide. I can do so without extra counter space, but that’s not what I want.

Sometimes I create U-shaped kitchens and want to centre the sink or appliance at the bottom of the U where it’s 4 or 6 tiles wide to align with a window, but can’t do that either.

I use the end pieces, they are half tile. I place the regular counter in the middle and the end pieces on either side and they usually fit just right but sometimes MOO is needed if you want to add additional counters after them and to create a seamless look. I usually use them to break up the continuous all doors look of counters or when I want to center a sink under a window.
  • Options

I use the end pieces, they are half tile. I place the regular counter in the middle and the end pieces on either side and they usually fit just right but sometimes MOO is needed if you want to add additional counters after them and to create a seamless look. I usually use them to break up the continuous all doors look of counters or when I want to center a sink under a window.

I just checked the end pieces and they are all wider than half tile. Do you overlap them? If so, are the counters still functional?
  • Options

I just checked the end pieces and they are all wider than half tile. Do you overlap them? If so, are the counters still functional?

Yes, they overlap a bit but very little and the counters are still functional.
  • Options
    Thanks. I just tested with one of the base game counters and bathroom sink. Unfortunately, it looks awful as the overlapped part of the counter still shows in the sink.
  • Options
    It works quite well with four basegame sinks that are not that wide. You need to bring the counters inside just enough that that do not bleed through the wall. Other sinks might work as well, if you match sink and counter colour. It also depends on counter shape, not all counters look good when overlapped. Until we get real half tile counters, I think these work good enough.

Tq5g33V.png

TIoapog.png

IE6U3uP.png

jEa15HW.png

• Options
    Not sure how you were able to do the second and forth ones as mine don’t look like that no matter how much I fiddle with them. I haven’t tried the first and third ones. Just the base game ones. Hopefully we’ll get ones that we can just plop down.
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Also sinks in corner counters

61sGsQ6EWNL.jpg