The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Currently annoys, or irks you during your playing of The Sims 4 but isn't quite a bug?

Β«1
Hi, I I just started playing Sims 4 about 3 months ago and play it almost every day, I have about 40 percent of the expansions/packs and am for the most part enjoying the game. But heres a list of things that Irk me and could be improved in the game.
-Giving your sims commands in a particular order for a reason and the game remixing that order (based on what algorithm I have no idea).
-Chickens live extremely short lives, you can't build your relationship bar up with them and you have to name new ones so often (and before you suggest turn animal ageing off, I already know about it and don't want too).
-The household inventory not having a delete/sell all stack option
-the long loading screens despite not being a graphically complex game and occurring every time you make a move to a new location basically.
-Right now, I'm having an issue with hamster/rodents, when I hover over there encloser it always says their hunger level is fine, I never have to feed them, they are never hungry, the option to fill bowl is greyed out and can't be selected despite looking in the enclosure and seeing that it is empty. This ruins having the pets completely for me so I don't bother anymore
-Running a vet clinic is not fun, and the vets you hire barely ever do the job correctly they just stand about doing nothing half the day, even if trained well.
-The Butler is almost useless, not bugged but almost useless and they walk around all the time never sleeping and look tired.
-My cat ran away recently and came back very dirty, he has yet to clean himself and there is no option to bath/clean him/her. This actually dont really bother me yet, but if it continues it will.
-Working a regular job nets you about 2000 dollars a day if your moderately up the ladder. Well having a good garden nets, you 50,000 every day or two. and there's nothing to spend money on once you have the big house, the fancy pictures and furniture.
-sims walk halfway across the house to use a sink after using the toilet.

What gameplay issues do you find, lacking or annoying or falling short in some way... (we all know about the insulting, and it has been spoken about by the developers so no need to bring that one up really).

Comments

• AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @simgirl1010 Lol, I just glanced over some of the posts in that thread and they don't know annoying like I do in my game...No body mentioned how you go on a date and sit down together say one thing then one sim gets up and sits down at another table, and after that my sim gets up and sits down at the table that they just went to all the while I'm trying to click on conversation options and sit-down options, they need to play my game for a couple days...
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    The old musical chairs catastrophe. πŸ˜„ It's been well documented on the forum.

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited November 2022
    My cat ran away recently and came back very dirty, he has yet to clean himself and there is no option to bath/clean him/her. This actually dont really bother me yet, but if it continues it will.

The action that fixes this is actually β€˜brush pet’.
    -Working a regular job nets you about 2000 dollars a day if your moderately up the ladder. Well having a good garden nets, you 50,000 every day or two.

Yes... having some apple trees is more profitable than being president in the sims :smiley:
    @JustinB113 Reward trait gives you the option to get a money tree combined with, bonsai buds, and Roses gets you a lot of money...to much if I'm completely honest and serious.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    I'd have a long list if I didn't play with mods. After removing the worst annoyances, atm these two peeves remain:
    - You cannot queue "Grab leftovers" and "Use toilet" together, because sims will then sit down on the toilet to eat their meal. Toilet use shouldn't multitask with eating or drinking.
    - There is no way to opt out of eating at work. My sims in a poverty challenge work a modified career, 12 hours a day, but they get fed there twice a day, rendering gathering/growing food useless. (Yes, I can make them hungry with UI cheats, but it's tedious/I'm lazy.)
  • Fragaria_ananasaFragaria_ananasa Posts: 27 Member
    okay, maybe I might have missed it out since I only recently returned playing the Sims and moved from sims 2 to 4.

But in principle I quite like the Seasons expansion pack. Having a change in seasons, building a greenhouse and using sprinklers make it a bit more realistic to do some gardening.

What I am missing is a plant growing light like they had in Sims 2. Especially since Plantsims respond to that growlight as well. I feel quite sad to drain energy from the plants everytime it is cloudy or snowing, because it sets them back in their development.

But if I am wrong, I am happy to be pointed in the right direction (btw, I am currently only owning Seasons and Eco lifestyle, so if it is in another package, let me also know).
    @Fragaria_ananasa Just a thought, since you are into gardening, Cottage Living Expansion should be on your radar, it adds new things to gardening as well as owning chickens, lamas and or cows. The chickens will aid in your garden by eating bugs I think but that's not the only reason for owning them, it also adds a new lot challenge where you have to use fresh ingredients to cook your food, stored in your fridge some ingredients you grow, some you can purchase from a grocer who comes to your house and gives you the ingredients. So overall that expansion will add gameplay to your gardening, the world that comes with it is decent, not great.
    > @AlienTusks said:
    > @Fragaria_ananasa Just a thought, since you are into gardening, Cottage Living Expansion should be on your radar, it adds new things to gardening as well as owning chickens, lamas and or cows. The chickens will aid in your garden by eating bugs I think but that's not the only reason for owning them, it also adds a new lot challenge where you have to use fresh ingredients to cook your food, stored in your fridge some ingredients you grow, some you can purchase from a grocer who comes to your house and gives you the ingredients. So overall that expansion will add gameplay to your gardening, the world that comes with it is decent, not great.

I got to admit that it is very high on my wishlist and hope to find it in my Christmas stocking πŸ˜ƒ.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,065 Member
    edited December 2022
    Not being to be able to build in foundation/auto foundation. I play on PC but it still applies to me.
    @Fragaria_ananasa Yes you will probably like that expansion, the clothes are not all that great some are some aren't for example some are like farmers clothes and not very good looking, but overall, I think it's a good expansion and I'm glad to have it...speaking of Seasons expansion which is one of the must own expansions...it has its flaws though, for example it doesn't add a new world, which isn't a big concern since it adds seasons to every world you already own as well as holidays and such. But what really doesn't make sense about seasons it why it rains so much during summer and during winter is snows and blizzards all the time. I live In Virginia, USA (I hope it's not against rules to mention where your general location is) and during winter it snows maybe 4 times or a tad bit more and only a couple of those times is it enough to build up on the ground. But In sims 4 it snows every single day, lol. And I'm in summer right now in my game and I'm reminded of how often it is raining. This flaw should have been fixed long ago It's just not realistic, I know you can turn it off, but I don't want to do that.
    And lastly, I've learned as I too am a gardener part time, that it's not good to constantly give your sim commands to garden, such as water this or that, and plant this and spray for bugs etc. for too long of a time in a row or your sim may get upset (Sad or Angry for example). So, what I do is like in the morning I just weed and kill bugs, then return to doing other activities then maybe at night I will return to the garden and fertilize things. You may already know this but just in case you don't you can give it a try it may help.
    @Brd709 Lol, that's your issue, out of all the little glitches and things in sims 4...Haha to each their own, right. Auto roofing would be nice too. The game became almost unplayable for me not long ago, so many little bugs here and there, and long load times, and crashing almost every time I traveled. I reinstalled the game and all content, did a power cycle and deleted all saves both local and on the cloud and I am quite satisfied with the results, the loading was instantly improved significantly, no crashing anymore, smoother all around experience, new sims that look halfway decent, and a household inventory that's not full of tons of items and seeds that slow the game down even more, and can only be removed one by one...I'm on console by the way.
    > @Brd709 said:
    > Not being to be able to build in foundation/auto foundation. I play on PC but it still applies to me.

I am not completely sure if I intrepetaded you 100% correct. But if you mean that you would like to be able to put, say a self drawn fountain on top of a foundation, I agree with that.

At least I have been trying to do that and got the error "cannot build underneath". That I was thinking: but I want it on top of it. And I do not understand why because you have a lot of fancy places where you would have an indoor fountain, or where they have raised them on a platform.

Also, I wish that basements could be half underground. In my country, usually old historic houses in the inner city, have sometimes basements that stick 1/4 to 1/2 out of the ground, so they can have natural light inside. And I am quite sure that this feature is not limited to my country.

I saw a work around on YouTube, though. I haven't been able to try it out yet. But the drawback of the one method is that you fill up the gaps between the soil and the wall with bushes. Meaning, you can't have the pavement up to the wall of the house. Which you would have, if you want to create that inner city feeling that is around here.

The other way is some method using roofs. In this situation you can have the soil straight up to the wall. But this way, your basement ends up with double walls. So you have some issues with the windows.

And while we are talking about historical buildings, I really would love crow-stepped gables. I tried making them using half walls, but it still kind of looks akward, since walls must be a whole square. It would be in better proportion if half square walls would be allowed.
  • Doctor_JackDoctor_Jack Posts: 9 New Member
    While moving to, or from, university dorms its possible to accidentally leave my laptop behind. I distinctly have to remember to move it to inventory..
  • MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    I haven't played in forever, so I didn't know about recent "improvements".

The Fear of a Dead End job is the most irritating thing added, it is a daily thing for someone over half way up the career ladder.

"I'm a lawyer now! And...and I...I don't know where THIS IS GOING!" Inconsolable sobbing commences.

Are you serious? What was this supposed to improve?
    Also the fear of being controlled or whatever.
    It's a game. Adding things to irritate and make the game less fun just means I'm not going to put another dime, much less any more of my time, into the game.

I mean, these are so easily fixable with Toggleable options that people's games are just being messed with for absolutely no reason.
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    edited March 2023
    Yeah... Not sure if you have Strangerville [strangeville?] or not, but recently, they adjusted it so one cant CHOOSE whether or not to play through the specific story there. And if you move in a sim whose ALREADY DONE IT previously from the library, it has to be done AGAIN. Related possibly is the choice boxes for events happening to the simkid thats at school; used to be, one could CHOOSE BETWEEN two options [punish or permissive]. For some reason, this disappeared, and I've not seen the reasons why this was done because it makes no sense to me for them to limit the choices. There really are a lot of annoying things that sims do or how certain things play out. I can't remember them all...

I rarely go on dates due to that issue with sims and musical chairs and such.

So, I just noticed the overall discussion section, apologies since I play on PC. Sorry about that.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    When two Sims are kissing, their hands are clearly not touching each other.
    2quwd7.gif

• fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 201 Member
    What really annoys me is the game lags when playing or freezes for bit if play to long and have to reboot the system to make run smoothly
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    My Sims that wear glasses don't wear them in their career outfits and that immensely irks me.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Right now, the butler/infant AI - every time my sims leave the lot, the infants needs seem to get ignored, so it's fun getting them back to normal after they get back.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Setting your Sim to do something and they instantly cancel it to do another action even though all their needs are met.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Townie generation/culling etc for sure.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    What really irritates me is the fact all outfits only come in certain colours.

For example, I'd like my teenage Sim to wear a specific pink top, tucked into a tight white mini-skirt, with leggings exactly the same colour as the top and nice white boots.

But Nope, sorry, the colour of the top will never be exact same pink as the leggings.
    2quwd7.gif

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,937 Member
    randomized townies existing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 5,996 Member
    edited March 18
    Color wheel, Open World, Cars,Options to turn off blinking adds in game. Fully loaded DLC For kits, packages, and Expansion( I want more then what EA is offering because I have had it and can play it in older versions of the game.) Add more to the base engine...Fix preexisting Bugs.