Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lynnwood's ISBI Challenge Rules for TS4! - 3/15 Growing Together Rules Update!

Comments

• BoorahhBoorahh Posts: 5 New Member
    Sorry I hit enter too quickly and i can’t edit my post.
    So re my question, the first two teens are 2 days to become ya's why I'm asking if it should be the eldest route, the second set of twins are 8 days from aging up.

Another question, excuse my ignorance. How do i post links, got a website for this challenge and want to share their crazy journey.
  • silveRose82_silveRose82_ Posts: 281 Member
    I finally have another update for the Otts family. We are working our way through Gen C.
    Calvin Otts: 05
  • thewolfsalemthewolfsalem Posts: 21 Member
    Hey guys! I still can't post links because I've been procastinating on becoming a full member with the new account lol (nobody's surprised, I know) but I wanted to come and share the next chapter of the Kings! https://thekingisbichallenge.home.blog/2022/09/23/2-11-last-minute-points/

With this chapter generation A is finally completed! I'm very excited to start on the next gen!
  • stargirl18stargirl18 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I have started a new isbi
  • LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    Yay! Love to see the updates! Glad to see people still having fun with the ISBI craziness. :) Hoping to get Werewolves, Wedding Stories and Highschool Years in the next few months. Fingers crossed.
    Updated the text for the rules, just to include spellcasters and werewolves as viable options for founder/spouses. Also be aware - there is a bug out at the moment that is negating some players from getting the Happy Toddler and Top-Notch Toddler traits upon age-up (I'm one of them, word is it came with the High School Years expansion). So long as your todd skills are at level 3 or at level 5, still award yourself the points regardless if the trait is showing up. Hopefully they fix that soon.
  • chunkyChris41chunkyChris41 Posts: 27 Member
    edited October 2022
    Never mind. I think I got it sorted. :)
    Post edited by chunkyChris41 on
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    Another update from me

10-18-22_4-42-53%C2%A0PM.png

Blogger: Here!
    Tumblr: Here!
  • mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,040 Member
    Been awhile since I've posted something here, but here's my latest from The Wilde's!

Chapter 9.4 - I'm Uninstalling GTW
    @mojot89 - Yay, good to see ya! And that chapter title is ominous . . . lol
  • penguinsonicepenguinsonice Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I was trying to look through the comments to find an answer but I decided to just ask: are we allowed to look at how NTH sims are doing? Not to do anything about it, I'm mostly just curious. If I missed a rule somewhere, sorry in advance!!
    @penguinsonice As far as I know there isn't anything against seeing how a sim is doing, as long as you don't do any actions, but I could be wrong.

Also, I finally have a new Otts update: Calvin Otts: 06
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Sul Sul fellow Simmers! :)

I'm now in Gen 8 and I'm already starting to worry about the end... :D

What means:
    The ultimate goal is to survive 10 generations of sims

Is it enough if the children from Gen 10 become YA? Or do I have to play them until their (natural) death? If so, should they have children?

I would be interested to know how you guys have handled this. :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    @Busufu Sul Sul! First, congrats on making it 8 generations, that's awesome! I always read that rule as the kids from Gen 10 become YA, but I could be completely wrong. I'm sure if I am someone will correct me. :smile:
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Sul Sul @silveRose82_
    Thank you for your congratulations! :)
    Yes, I am also quite proud and also very excited!
    I was never a Challenge or Legacy player. But this challenge is really fun, and I've come to know and love my Sims in a whole different way. <3

Also thanks for your answer to my question! Then I had guessed correctly. :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    Update from me!
    02-07-23_6-52-58%C2%A0PM.png
    Blogger: Click!
    Tumblr: Click!

• SimCaveSimCave Posts: 86 Member
    02-17-23_3-58-30_PM.png?width=1089&height=612

Her name is Alima Lyndarra. I will attempt this challenge and see how far I can get.
  • SimCaveSimCave Posts: 86 Member
    This is Alima Lyndarra's home. I randomized the lot traits. This worries me because I have a mod that allows a Sim to have quadruplets. That same mod also allows autonomous risky woohoo. I'm up for the challenge! Famous last words.
    02-17-23_5-02-07_PM.png?width=1089&height=612
    Lot_Traits_randomized.png
    After far too long there is new update for the Otts family.
    Calvin Otts: 07
    edited March 2023
    Okay peeps, so far as I can tell right now the only real update to the rules for Growing Together will be the need to adopt as newborns instead of infants, as well as the ability to use 'science' to make a baby if you so choose.

Apologies for any lack of updates or activity, I've had a bit of a rough go the last few months (lots of car troubles, family issues, my brother passed away). So I can't guarantee if/when that will change. But good luck to everyone who's continuing this challenge and your general simming journies!
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    Okay peeps, so far as I can tell right now the only real update to the rules for Growing Together will be the need to adopt as newborns instead of infants, as well as the ability to use 'science' to make a baby if you so choose.

Apologies for any lack of updates or activity, I've had a bit of a rough go the last few months (lots of car troubles, family issues, my brother passed away). So I can't guarantee if/when that will change. But good luck to everyone who's continuing this challenge and your general simming journies!

Thanks for the update...I'm kind of scared to jump back into my ISBI. lol Hope everything starts to calm for you, I think we can just about all understand the insanity that life can throw at you.
    Extremely late answers to some questions (which silveRose82_ already answered correctly :P )

Busufu - In terms of my version of this challenge, yes, 'survive 10 generations' mean a 10th gen child must reach YA life stage. Congrats on generation 8!!

Penguinsonice - Yes, you're able to freely click on NTH portraits to see needs/simology panels/inventory, etc. You're just not allowed to direct them to do anything (unless it's a free action).

SimCave - Welcome to the ISBI insanity, I hope your challenge is going well. If not, at least entertainingly bad.
  • thewolfsalemthewolfsalem Posts: 21 Member
    hi there! its been a while since I last came with a post! I still can't post links because I ended up procastinating in getting member status lol but I have the first chapter of generation B ready for you guys to read!

https://thekingisbichallenge.home.blog/2023/03/24/3-1-shes-even-worse-now/

Also, I have a couple o questions regarding uncontrolable werewolves since my current MS married one: mostly I wanted to know if I'm allowed to change him back to his human form since he tends to run around as a wolf like 90% of the time lol
    Also, I wanted to know if I'm allowed to use his wolf points, I'm guessing probably not, but just making sure!

As a side note, uncontrolable werewolves are a disaster in the making lol I think you guys are gonna really enjoy this generation, specially once kids start coming and growing up and we end up with a chaotic pack lol

Lynwood, I hope things are calming down a little bit in your life, world can get a little crazy from time to time, take all the rest and time you need!
  • chxr1zxrdchxr1zxrd Posts: 17 Member
    I'm only a few years behind on finding this challenge, I've also never done a challenge before. This will be my first and I'm excited. Hopefully will be placing on my Tumblr blog as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top